5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 99.
#4251 1 year ago
Quoted from CRCades:

Had a few hours this weekend and prototyped several features for the FF Tour Van! Lots more to come! This is going to look amazing in my LE once it arrives!!
The headlights are custom made abs rubber inserts into the grill to give it the look and feel of real headlights. Once the Van is painted and the interior parts installed you won’t see stray lights
this definitely isn’t the usual drill a hole, slap in an LED and call it a MOD.

Just test fitting a few things. Should have a full mock-up done this weekend to put in my Pro…. LE once it ship!
7B231099-694E-4C3E-8FED-816CAA9787DC (resized).jpeg7B231099-694E-4C3E-8FED-816CAA9787DC (resized).jpeg

E0CF1B75-61DE-4992-A707-2F26CC9056B5 (resized).jpegE0CF1B75-61DE-4992-A707-2F26CC9056B5 (resized).jpeg
#4252 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Just a little peice we're working on

Looks great! Are you still doing to Foo van?

#4253 1 year ago

Any fun flipper codes?

#4254 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Wondering who will be the super modder that comes up with some cool sculpting for the upper playfield… I can already envision some el lighting or similar to the CFTBL mod!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep, we're doing one!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Still in development but the feature list will be:

* 4 x independent RGB lighting zones
* Cast resin sculpted & painted alien for the window
* Edge luminescent acrylic wafer effect for the garage
* Fully configurable over WiFi
* Fully game integrated, 6 switch triggers, easy installation with no t-splicing

More info here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-area-51-building-mod

#4255 1 year ago

Hey there Kiss Guy and Pinsiders!!! Stumblor Pinball and I would like to invite you to come check out our new project..The Foo Post!! This kit will allow players to add on a dead post to the Foo Fighters Pro along with some other swanky features to keep from being just The Pretender. Please stop by and see us! Thanks all!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighter-foo-post-dead-post-mod

EE7A9F08-7D1B-41B9-90B4-BA83316136DF (resized).pngEE7A9F08-7D1B-41B9-90B4-BA83316136DF (resized).png
#4256 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Hey there Kiss Guy and Pinsiders!!! Stumblor Pinball and I would like to invite you to come check out our new project..The Foo Post!! This kit will allow players to add on a dead post to the Foo Fighters Pro along with some other swanky features to keep from being just The Pretender. Please stop by and see us! Thanks all!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighter-foo-post-dead-post-mod

Color me intrigued.

#4258 1 year ago

Looks like last week or earlier this week since those are single coin slot overseas LE models and they're supposed to be on domestic this week.

foo_overseas. (resized).jpgfoo_overseas. (resized).jpg

#4259 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like last week or earlier this week since those are single coin slot overseas LE models and they're supposed to be on domestic this week.
[quoted image]

Great eye! Let’s hope it is part of last weeks run.

#4260 1 year ago

I got a note yesterday from my Disti that Foo LE’s ship to them this week/next. I’ve paid and I have a 4/24 delivery and setup date scheduled!

#4261 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Out of curiosity, does anybody know why the overseas machines only have one coin slot?

#4262 1 year ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Out of curiosity, does anybody know why the overseas machines only have one coin slot?

I always assumed a mix of tradition and Euro coin slots needing to be changed out a lot more due to the different coins (especially in the past). Only one mech to change out instead of two.

The only good reason I've heard American games have two slots is to have a redundancy if one slot gets jammed up. Maybe this is more prone on American coin mechs? Kids will shove a stack of pennies and dimes into a game. Idk if you can shove in multiple Euros at once and jam it up like you can with American coins.

#4263 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Yep, we're doing one!
[quoted image]
Still in development but the feature list will be:
* 4 x independent RGB lighting zones
* Cast resin sculpted & painted alien for the window
* Edge luminescent acrylic wafer effect for the garage
* Fully configurable over WiFi
* Fully game integrated, 6 switch triggers, easy installation with no t-splicing
More info here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-area-51-building-mod

If there is a list for this, Go ahead and put me on "the list" for Area 51 for Foo Premium.

You do great job

#4264 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Yeah these new doors we are getting look like ass!

#4265 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Checked everywhere. Checked to see if it was caught in any wires underneath. Anywhere we could think of. Only place didn't get to is under top left plastics as I didn't have tools with me.
Underlord took it I guess

I actually know of another owner that had the same thing happen. I'll ping him and see if he ever found where it went.

#4266 1 year ago

The same exact thing happened to me with a FF missing spinner that went flying off last week. Looked for 30 min and could not find it anywhere. Went thru the same progression you did in attempt to track down that sucker. Found it laying flat on the back orbit. All is good now.

#4267 1 year ago

It’s a good sign when you find yourself continuously going back to pay to play a game you’ll be getting soon!

I’m on the first run of premiums and should have mine in a week or two but I cant stop visiting the local brewery to play it! Also, my wife has gone twice so far and she is liking it, which is also a good thing!

#4268 1 year ago

Anyone have/seen a recorded foo bot multiball?

#4269 1 year ago

Tri-Bot Sample arrived today and looks nice, though needs a few tweaks and want to work out adding led inside behind the front face.

A4894060-47E0-4F1D-950C-6FC43FFDA997_1_105_c (resized).jpegA4894060-47E0-4F1D-950C-6FC43FFDA997_1_105_c (resized).jpegD0F0B087-59AE-4D76-8593-B8B701796D6F_1_105_c (resized).jpegD0F0B087-59AE-4D76-8593-B8B701796D6F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#4270 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighter-foo-post-dead-post-mod[quoted image]

WOW! That was fast!

I honestly didn't think this was going to be possible. Pretty cool. Man, the mod community never fails to amaze me.

#4271 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I doin't think this is in the game code yet. Bot Frenzy is, and it's super fun with the Monkey Wrench 8 bit chip tune.

#4272 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

WOW! That was fast!
I honestly didn't think this was going to be possible. Pretty cool. Man, the mod community never fails to amaze me.

Do you have to drill a hole in the playfield to install this? Thanks.

#4273 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Do you have to drill a hole in the playfield to install this? Thanks.

No

#4274 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I doin't think this is in the game code yet. Bot Frenzy is, and it's super fun with the Monkey Wrench 8 bit chip tune.

FooBot multi-ball is in the game, I've played it a handful of times. I'll try to record it the next time I make it.

#4275 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

FooBot multi-ball is in the game, I've played it a handful of times. I'll try to record it

Thanks Bud.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4276 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

FooBot multi-ball is in the game, I've played it a handful of times. I'll try to record it the next time I make it.

Yes I see the rules for it now. ComboTron multi ball is the one not coded. From Tilt:

Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 10.59.49 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-16 at 10.59.49 AM (resized).png
#4277 1 year ago

and here is the "mode map" ? that I grabbed from the Marco/Tanio video with a screenshot.
I just feel like I understand things better by being able to "see" them all at once.

foo fighters modes (resized).JPGfoo fighters modes (resized).JPG
#4278 1 year ago

I finally got a chance to play a Pro yesterday, and this pin is excellent. Flow monster. Had me grinning ear to ear, and fun rules so far.

#4279 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

and here is the "mode map" ? that I grabbed from the Marco/Tanio video with a screenshot.
I just feel like I understand things better by being able to "see" them all at once.
[quoted image]

This almost confuses me more.

#4280 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

[quoted image]

It looks like the forthcoming Combo-Tron Multiball is missing from this mode map. I'd imagine this would be it's own bubble around where Foo-Bot Multiball is.

#4281 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

FF Pro VS Premium? Humm
It seems like the pro pre-order guys are on the pro is the way to go bandwagon on this title or is that normal.
I'm excited for everyone getting this game regardless of edition of choice. Just blessed.

Same thing in pretty much all game threads.Love the one Your With.

#4282 1 year ago

Speaking of love, we are 2 ratings away from entering the top 100 count. If you haven’t already submit your preliminary ratings. To the moon.

#4283 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Same thing in pretty much all game threads.Love the one Your With.

Yeah, I mean I can only afford the Pro but in this case it doesnt feel like we're getting a slashed up/cut down game really.... yeah, it's not gonna look as good and our ability to spend even more on the game (lighting) is limited but it still looks and plays brilliant from the reports out there. Not like Led Zepplin where pro was..... bad....

#4284 1 year ago
Quoted from LegoYoda:

Yeah, I mean I can only afford the Pro but in this case it doesnt feel like we're getting a slashed up/cut down game really.... yeah, it's not gonna look as good and our ability to spend even more on the game (lighting) is limited but it still looks and plays brilliant from the reports out there. Not like Led Zepplin where pro was..... bad....

I canceled my premium order after playing one. I loved the pro. Had a blast. Ordered a premium. Played a premium.... canceled my order. I just love the pro.

Pro honestly feels like a terrific value and lacking the mini playfield is addition by subtraction.

#4285 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

addition by subtraction.

I totally get this.

#4286 1 year ago

This art is so excellent, reminds me of his work on Magic Girl. Does Jeremy sell his art in posters? I couldn't resist and grabbed the last LE from Automated.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4287 1 year ago

http://www.zombieyeti.com/

yes but you have to be very fast. Usually get an email around 10am saying stuff is going on sale at noon.

#4288 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I canceled my premium order after playing one. I loved the pro. Had a blast. Ordered a premium. Played a premium.... canceled my order. I just love the pro.
Pro honestly feels like a terrific value and lacking the mini playfield is addition by subtraction.

Im not disagreeing that the pro is an awesome game and it's an awesome buy for the savings over a premium. Anyone in on a pro is gonna love it and the value.

I had the chance to play the premium (before the LE's and the pros came out) a handful of times right when the game was revealed but since then I have only been playing the pro (a lot) at a local brewery and at another place not far from my home. Even though i have been having a blast on a pro the last couple of weeks and would be happy with a pro model… I’m really looking forward to the premium because that upper playfield is fast and fun just like the rest of the game. And the actual toy upgrades are really nice too. Plus you have the two mechanical upgrades of the Under lord magnet & the death save post.

I think there are enough upgrades that the Premium owners will be super happy with them and that “almost” justify the extra money. I also think that, like Godzilla, this game is worth it to spend the extra money for the premium.They are both super fun and great shooting games. Both have awesome pro models with all the same shots as the premiums but the premium models on the two games just add more awesomeness!

All the Foo models are awesome!

#4289 1 year ago

There is a “Foo post” deadpost Mod now that is even Better than the Premium Deadpost.
So right there Pro has an edge.

There are Van & Overlord mods that will be available for the pro.

Rough estimating, the way mods are being developed nowadays,
A pro can be upgraded to a Premium for $500-$750USD.

the only thing missing is the overlord magnet, which really, meh. And expression lighting which would be added cost of $500-$600USD for premium owner down the line.

Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

And the actual toy upgrades are really nice too. Plus you have the two mechanical upgrades of the Under lord magnet & the death save post.

#4290 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

There is a “Foo post” deadpost mod now that is even Better than the Premium Deadpost.
the only thing missing is the overlord magnet, which really, meh.

Upper playfield? Rather you like it or not its still a feature the pro doesn't have.
The pro dead post is coded different and the verdict isn't out on that mod yet either. To early to tell.
Pro VS Premium = a foo fighters pinball machine.

#4291 1 year ago

Like i said, NOT disagreeing the pro is awesome.

These newer Stern games have been great and its great that we as buyers have the options in the different models.

#4292 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Upper playfield? Rather you like it or not its still a feature the pro doesn't have. Pro owners acting like it doesn't exist cause they don't need it. Lol
The pro dead post is coded different and the verdict isn't out on that mod yet either. To early to tell.

#4293 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

There is a “Foo post” deadpost Mod now that is even Better than the Premium Deadpost.
the only thing missing is the overlord magnet, which really, meh. And expression lighting which would be added cost of $500-$600USD for premium owner down the line.

Rather you like it or not its still a feature the pro doesn't have. Pro owners acting like it doesn't exist cause they don't need it. Lol

#4294 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I got a quick video of FooBot multiball today. Starts around 2:15 in this video.

#4295 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I got a quick video of FooBot multiball today. Starts around 2:15 in this video.

Awesome animations!

#4296 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Upper playfield? Rather you like it or not its still a feature the pro doesn't have.

Yes, let's get a few things straight here:

- Foo Fighters pro is a great game
- Foo Fighters premium/LE is a great game
- if you aggressively try to compare ANY Stern pro to a premium and say "IS IT FINANCIALLY WORTH IT???" while trying to line-item price the differences the answer is going to be no
- you are not less of a person if you buy a Stern pro
- you are not a better champion of life if you buy a Stern premium/LE vs. a pro
- Foo Fighters pro cannot be "upgraded to a premium for $500-750 USD"
- modders may make a modded Area 51 sculpt to replace the plastic on a Foo Fighters pro - I don't think any of these will ever amount to a functioning upper playfield (to some people's dismay, and some others' delight!) but I could eventually be wrong
- from what we know about the Foo Fighters dead post pro mod that has been talked about and never seen in action yet, some people may like it better than how the dead post works on the premium/LE, and some people likely would not like it as much as how the premium/LE works (but it may be "good enough" / worth installing to those same people). It is not patently "better".

What'd I miss?

#4297 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Yes, let's get a few things straight here:
- Foo Fighters pro is a great game
- Foo Fighters premium/LE is a great game
- if you aggressively try to compare ANY Stern pro to a premium and say "IS IT FINANCIALLY WORTH IT???" while trying to line-item price the differences the answer is going to be no
- you are not less of a person if you buy a Stern pro
- you are not a better champion of life if you buy a Stern premium/LE vs. a pro
- Foo Fighters pro cannot be "upgraded to a premium for $500-750 USD"
- modders may make a modded Area 51 sculpt to replace the plastic on a Foo Fighters pro - I don't think any of these will ever amount to a functioning upper playfield (to some people's dismay, and some others' delight!) but I could eventually be wrong
- from what we know about the Foo Fighters dead post pro mod that has been talked about and never seen in action yet, some people may like it better than how the dead post works on the premium/LE, and some people likely would not like it as much as how the premium/LE works (but it may be "good enough" / worth installing to those same people). It is not patently "better".
What'd I miss?

Good summary. Buy what you like, like what you buy. I gave up trying to justify shit to myself a long time ago and my life is better for it.

#4298 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks for sharing this, looks great! Also, the lack of callouts is notable. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with. I really love the overall theme, the graphics, etc. - so I'm expecting to dig whatever callouts they come up with as well.

#4299 1 year ago

I'm in on an LE. Looking forward to it. I considered downgrading to a Pro because it's so good. I'll probably stick with the LE though. That said, no way the extra money is "worth it"

I won't spend my time trying to convince someone else my decision is a good one. Fact is, most people would think we're ALL batshit crazy for spending the type of money we do on pinball... and that includes Pros!

Enjoy your machines, Pro, Premium or LE. Pinball is a great hobby and makes us all lighter in the wallet!

#4300 1 year ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

http://www.zombieyeti.com/
yes but you have to be very fast. Usually get an email around 10am saying stuff is going on sale at noon.

No sight of FF on his site, maybe later!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MI
$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Prescott, WI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Euless, TX
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/86?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.