5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 99.
#4051 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

I"d say most people leave their games off, unless playing or "showing off the arcade for friends"
I'm old school, and still can't stand the 30-40 seconds it takes for these to boot up.
Some times I turn my game on (when I had Deadpool) in anticipation of me playing and it winds up on for a while.

That's why you keep an old game next to your new sterns, so you can get a quick game in while you wait for the modern game to boot up!

One paint point I have is if I want to do insider connect, i have to wait even a few seconds longer before the home team menu will pop up...

#4052 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

That's why you keep an old game next to your new sterns, so you can get a quick game in while you wait for the modern game to boot up!

I thought it was purposefully built-in time for me to go pull a beer off the kegerator.

#4053 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Can someone tell me what these are for and if they are a worthwhile investment or not?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=Foo+fighters+plastic
There isn’t a whole lot of description and can’t tell if they are in the must have/probably a good idea/ or not remotely needed category.
Also, only really worried about the shooter lane from an immediate protection standpoint. I’ve seen other threads where people mention cliffy’s, are those kits just usually precut mylar for places like that?
Thanks in advance.

Does that product page work for anyone? I've seen a Pro on location locally with the ramp top broken so I'd like to go ahead and order one, but that page for me over the past couple days isn't working. Anyone else?

#4054 1 year ago

Got to put in a bunch of time with Foo finally, it is very much the flow monster folks talk about, gives me lot of Godzilla vibes from the way it flows and of course the art. I don't know but it felt a bit simple of a game layout so far? Wasn't blown away, it's fun though, perhaps more code will add more to the game. I do feel like it really is severely missing on callouts, assume they have gaps in what was supposed to be Dave/Band callouts or something cause outside of the Overlord talking bits, the game seems quiet or in need of some callouts.

#4055 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Do people really turn them off at home? I just assumed they were largely kept on.

I have mine (4) all plugged into a smart power strip. On the weekends, I have an Apple Home automation that turns them on around 3pm. I am so have a master Hue smart switch that when you press it they all turn on. Then I have an automation to turn them all off around 12:30am. To make this work you leave the game switched on all the time and the smart outlet is what turns the
game on and off.

#4056 1 year ago

I unplug when I'm done playing, even with using a surge protector. Years ago, we had a huge lighting storm, got my TV, microwave, dish reciever and several gfci in the house. Insurance says act of God so no coverage. This was 15 yrs ago or so. I don't trust the surge protectors now so it's easy to unplug and know I'm safe.

#4057 1 year ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I have mine (4) all plugged into a smart power strip. On the weekends, I have an Apple Home automation that turns them on around 3pm. I am so have a master Hue smart switch that when you press it they all turn on. Then I have an automation to turn them all off around 12:30am. To make this work you leave the game switched on all the time and the smart outlet is what turns the
game on and off.

Oooh, I like the way you think on this one. I can't believe I never thought of this before, considering I have like fifty other smart plugs attached to my home automation in my house.

#4058 1 year ago

Thanks. I’ll probably just boot it up in the morning and turn it off at night. For some electronics turning it off and on constantly is way worse than leaving it on. If I want people in the house to play it and it to be a worthwhile purchase, I need people to be able to pop-in and toss a game out on the fly. If it becomes a to do and has to be planned, I know for sure it will be the next swimming pool.

#4059 1 year ago

I ordered a pro after getting some time on it at MGC. Pinside hypes up every new game that comes out like it's the best ever, so I had to play first before pulling the trigger.

I ran into Jack and Tanio at the after party and had to tell them what a great job they did with this game. The shots feel great, and I think it'll be even more enjoyable to play once I have a chance to dig into the rules.

#4060 1 year ago

I have mine on smart outlets tied into the alexa on my thermostat. I have a few options for voice commands to turn all the games on or off

#4061 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

only the left post should be without a rubber.

Interesting mine shipped with no rubber on either side

#4062 1 year ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I ordered a pro after getting some time on it at MGC. Pinside hypes up every new game that comes out like it's the best ever, so I had to play first before pulling the trigger.

I hear you on this, every new game looks like it's going to be the best game ever.

We happened to be in the market for a new pin anyway. When I saw Deadflip's initial release video, I knew the art and theme was on point and the gameplay looked really promising, so it hit the short list of games my wife and I wanted to try before deciding on which to get. It took playing it in person and thinking it was the best game of the night (and my wife confirming) for us to put an order on it.

I REALLY wasn't expecting to like a music pin this much, even for a band I happen to like. Something about them puts me off that FF managed to avoid completely, probably by running with the saturday morning cartoon about aliens theme so hard.

#4063 1 year ago

Oh yeah, everything in the game room here, is on Smart Switches. Either turn specific games on, or everything on, via voice or app. I wouldn't do it any other way.

#4064 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Interesting mine shipped with no rubber on either side

Can’t remember where, but I saw someone else mention that theirs came that way too.

#4065 1 year ago

At TPF on Friday before the show opened, Jack Danger was going around to all the premiums and removing the Mylar strip on the apron from the left outlane only. Said it slowed the ball down too much and made the deadpost not work correctly. He was also checking to make sure there were no rubbers on the left outlane post. Every game I saw at TPF had a rubber on the right post. Dunno why they would be shipping differently now?

#4066 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Every game I saw at TPF had a rubber on the right post. Dunno why they would be shipping differently now?

Maybe just easier for the line workers to remember both rubber vs. no rubber for a particular title.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4067 1 year ago

Anyone know when first run premiums hit the line?

#4068 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I just talked to a very high ranking Stern official. No FOO for you.

#4069 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm not going to distract this thread with this issue anymore , but I've owned a handful of games ( including routed games) and it hasn't been an issue .

I never had the issue until............

My JP prem came in like less then 100 games the shooter lane looks like my 30 year old TAF I was so sad and only had myself to blame for not taking this pinside advice sooner, GZ first thing power down, FF will be power down as well before a ball is even launched.

#4070 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

April

#4071 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I never had the issue until............
My JP prem came in like less then 100 games the shooter lane looks like my 30 year old TAF I was so sad and only had myself to blame for not taking this pinside advice sooner, GZ first thing power down, FF will be power down as well before a ball is even launched.

Exact same for my JP prem . 50 games in could see wear in shooter lane . Turned power down put one of those 30 dollar plastic protectors in the lane and 600 games later it hasnt gotten any more wear. I think my ball trough power was default at like 210-220 and i put it to 190

#4072 1 year ago

Played a Foo Pro today. The Pro is jam packed and I really like the flow. Can't wait to get my LE in a few weeks. Pretty sure I made the right call on this one!

#4074 1 year ago

Are there any good pictures of the Foo Bot thats on the side of the premium back box?

I cant seem too find one

#4075 1 year ago

#4076 1 year ago

#4077 1 year ago

God damnit I'm going to pay $1000 for 6 action figures and a "foo bot" for a topper, aren't I??

#4078 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

God damnit I'm going to pay $1000 for 6 action figures and a "foo bot" for a topper, aren't I??

Probably more than that.

#4079 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

7 if they add the Alien .

#4080 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks.

I was looking for a full picture of side of the back box.

Ill have mine in a couple weeks, hopefully, so no biggie I guess.

#4081 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I'd bet they will do a treasure chest deal like they did with Rush and it will include exclusive figures to attach to the topper that unlock things above and beyond what the topper already unlocks. That's my guess.

#4082 1 year ago

Hoping for a full size Shogun Warriors style FooBot from the community. TAKE MY MONEY!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4083 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I think just the topper for $1k, the action figures are gonna be 100 bucks each and each one will unlock the call outs for that band member. (yes I made that last part up, but its a good $$$ idea. bwah hah hah)

#4084 1 year ago

Yo! Why is the overlord wearing a Mr Peepers mask?

169105F7-C9F7-467C-99A7-B90ED8EA8F22 (resized).jpeg169105F7-C9F7-467C-99A7-B90ED8EA8F22 (resized).jpeg
#4085 1 year ago

Is foo fighters gonna be the next iron maiden?

What I mean is, I feel this pin is amazing despite the (for some reason) devisive band choice. It has an outrageously cool layout from a brand new/yet highly regarded designer. It seems to fit that mold perfectly.

To me, I can see people kicking themselves after this stops being produced if they don't buy one. The shots are absolutely incredible.

#4086 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

To me, I can see people kicking themselves after this stops being produced if they don't buy one. The shots are absolutely incredible.

Too bad for those that wait!!

"He who hesitates is lost."

#4087 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

What I mean is, I feel this pin is amazing despite the (for some reason) devisive band choice. It has an outrageously cool layout from a brand new/yet highly regarded designer. It seems to fit that mold perfectly.

I think people underestimated just how popular foo fighters are. I knew it was gonna be an off the charts hit for stern when I heard about it last summer. Opened up a huge pool of new 1st time buyers for Stern. Look at it this way. I am by no means a fan of Taylor Swift nor would I even entertain buying one if Stern made it but. If they did thousands of people that have never played a pinball machine would be falling over eachother to get one.

#4088 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I see a lot of similarities, especially on the Pros. Great shots, captive ball, no real toys otherwise (but not necessary IMO). It's all about the layout and theme immersion, and I am betting we see a lot more comps between the two as time passes.

Mine will be next to each other in the garage.

#4089 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I think people underestimated just how popular foo fighters are. I knew it was gonna be an off the charts hit for stern when I heard about it last summer. Opened up a huge pool of new 1st time buyers for Stern. Look at it this way. I am by no means a fan of Taylor Swift nor would I even entertain buying one if Stern made it but. If they did thousands of people that have never played a pinball machine would be falling over eachother to get one.

They have 19M monthly listeners on Spotify which is an incredibly high number. To that point people love Tron because of Daft Punk music but if a Daft Punk pin was announced people would say no one likes them because it's not 70s Rock.

#4090 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

They have 19M monthly listeners on Spotify which is an incredibly high number. To that point people love Tron because of Daft Punk music but if a Daft Punk pin was announced people would say no one likes them because it's not 70s Rock.

This is the most "I actually like this music" music pin that's been released so far, for me. But I know a lot of people are passing simply due to theme.... which is sorta dumb. I mean, currently I own a diner, taxi, whirlwind. Like I give a crap about those themes. I love doctor who, yet haven't watched many episodes. I love Dialed In, and I couldn't begin to really tell you what that theme even is.

If the game is awesome, you can look past the theme, and Foo Fighters is definitely amazing.

#4091 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

But I know a lot of people are passing simply due to theme.... which is sorta dumb. I mean, currently I own a diner, taxi, whirlwind. Like I give a crap about those themes. I love doctor who, yet haven't watched many episodes. I love Dialed In, and I couldn't begin to really tell you what that theme even is.
If the game is awesome, you can look past the theme, and Foo Fighters is definitely amazing.

There’s a difference between “don’t care about the theme” and “actively don’t like the theme / band / music”. If I disliked the band on a music pin I don’t think there’d be any way I would put one in my basement.

#4092 1 year ago

FooFighters was a triple witching moment that comes once in a lifetime. Theme - FF are culturally significant and people figured out their music sounds great. Freshman Designer - first pins tend to be special (IMDN - Elwin, POTC - Eric) and now FF - Danger has a superb layout with flow and unique feeling ramp returns and wire forms. Whole Buncha Good Stuff - lots going on in FF and all of it is fun. You can play game at your level. And then you have things to work on improving your game. I love the 3 level ups.

#4093 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

There’s a difference between “don’t care about the theme” and “actively don’t like the theme / band / music”. If I disliked the band on a music pin I don’t think there’d be any way I would put one in my basement.

Hear hear!! I'm glad we are finally getting to dad rock and out of grandpa rock.

#4094 1 year ago

Got a chance to play Foo on location (pro) as well as Scooby and Godfather.

Foo was not dialed in correctly, the slam target wasn't really kicking back and the shooter rattled somewhat at full plunge and didn't always make the orbit/ramp.

Of the three pins I liked Foo way better. Not as complicated / complex layout or rules as Godfather, Foo shots like butter and looks fantastic, my hats off to Jeremy he's the best artist in the industry. I decided not to get Foo at this time as I want to try the premium/LE first. If anything gives me pause is the theme because I am not a fan of the band, I mean they are fine (I guess) but they do nothing for me at all.

Scooby (IMO) is not good, I don't like how the shots are hidden and the upper PF is not really fun to me. But the are was good and the machine felt very solid and worked well. Sometimes the ball would be captured in the van but it just seems like it's lost ball to me because sometimes the shot will go through and other times not but can't see the ball lock which is not ideal.

#4095 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

To me, I can see people kicking themselves after this stops being produced if they don't buy one.

Well.. Iron Maiden is still running 5 years later. I think after this run there will be 5000 of them out there. (1500 pinside owners / 33% + 500+)
That's more than Stranger things, Ghostbusters, etc. Probably similar to Deadpool numbers. One of the biggest production numbers in the last 10 years I'd think.

I suspect they'll run Foo Fighters for a long time, and make a ton of them also.

#4096 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Well.. Iron Maiden is still running 5 years later. I think after this run there will be 5000 of them out there. (1500 pinside owners / 33% + 500+)
That's more than Stranger things, Ghostbusters, etc. Probably similar to Deadpool numbers. One of the biggest production numbers in the last 10 years I'd think.
I suspect they'll run Foo Fighters for a long time, and make a ton of them also.

Still making Maiden? Not sure I knew that, WOW

#4097 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Jack said a few streams ago that Star Wars was the most produced Stern in the last 5-6 years. I’d think lots of operators and basement single game collectors that don’t do pinside as a higher percentage for that game.

#4098 1 year ago

May 2023 run supposedly for IMDN. Has to be last run right??

Get IMDN and put it next to Foo and I think one would be happy. Don’t think. Do it.

#4099 1 year ago

I have trouble believing Stern sold more SW’s pins than any others because you’d see them more often. Maybe if they added SW and SW comic edition and Mandalorean sales they’d reach that level. I have heard from distros that AC/DC was Stern’s biggest all-time seller. That was before DP and GZ were released. Each sold in big numbers and are still in demand.

#4100 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Jack said a few streams ago that Star Wars Was the most produced Stern in the last 5-6 years. I’d think lots of operators and basement single game collectors that don’t do as a higher percentage for that game.

Pretty much every arcade that has pins I know of has Star Wars. I believe it.

The game has also been run more times on the stern lines than any other pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

12,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/82?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.