5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 99.
#351 1 year ago

Fresh Poootttsss multiball?

#352 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Not loving many ... but I cannot say this the best ,because we haven't seen anything but a snippet...
Mabe this game will have Grohl on a wand in the back corner ... or a large turd on the playfield.
Please feel free to send your money now to Stern if you love everthing about this game...
Please see picture below of the teaser from Stern next release... buy buy buy .. [quoted image]

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Not loving many ... but I cannot say this the best ,because we haven't seen anything but a snippet...

Mabe this game will have Grohl on a wand in the back corner ... or a large turd on the playfield.
Please feel free to send your money now to Stern if you love everthing about this game...
Please see picture below of the teaser from Stern next release... buy buy buy .. [quoted image]

Does it make you feel better to try to shit on somebody’s excitement for the hope of something better?

#353 1 year ago

based on nothing I think this will be a great pin. not sure why so many loves of pinball hate almost every pin when its being released. I only remember a few that people actually were stoked on at announce.

#354 1 year ago

Let’s see: TPF crowds all around FF with major energy excitement. Other boutique pinball offerings will be almost lifeless by comparison. Foo Fighters is goin rock TPF.

#355 1 year ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

based on nothing I think this will be a great pin. not sure why so many loves of pinball hate almost every pin when its being released. I only remember a few that people actually were stoked on at announce.

Yeah man for a fun hobby there sure are some miserable people in it who should probably do some self reflection or something. Cesspool stuff. It’s sad because I’m new to this whole thing and I just want to have fun so it’s probably best for me stay off the internet with this and 99.9% of things (:

#356 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Yeah man for a fun hobby there sure are some miserable people in it who should probably do some self reflection or something. Cesspool stuff. It’s sad because I’m new to this whole thing and I just want to have fun so it’s probably best for me stay off the internet with this and 99.9% of things (:

LOL - yep

First world wealthy people complaining and whining about expensive toys for their basement. Lol.

#357 1 year ago

Haven’t been this excited for a new stern in years, looking forward to trying it out.

#358 1 year ago

I'm not particularly attached to the Foo Fighters, but I find myself getting more and more excited about this game. I hope it's super weird and there's at least one of disco covers from Hail Satin in the game.

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from frisco_melt:

I hope it's super weird and there's at least one of disco covers from Hail Satin in the game.

Oh crap, not Dee Gees

#360 1 year ago

Okay, tin foil hat, Jack did a random post of him playing with a ball catapult. Wild guess, you shoot a ball into the van and it catapults into a ufo/alien.

Also for bonus points, no pop bumpers. Hes said on stream how hes give or take on them. Think of all the extra coils to be used for new mechs.

#361 1 year ago

It’s time like these… I learn to buy again…

#362 1 year ago
Foods (resized).jpegFoods (resized).jpeg
#363 1 year ago

That playfield is Rush but good try.

#364 1 year ago

I think over the last year pinside has underestimated the global appeal of FF.

They fill huge stadiums everywhere.

I bet this title does surprisingly well, especially with the alien theme.

Dave G is a perfectionist, so you know he will be actively involved.

Lastly new designers like Jack, put their heart and soul into their designs, so I am expecting it won't disappoint.

Oh, and Tanio's DP rules are right up there with the best.

#365 1 year ago

Jack also said in his stream that the licensor didn’t reject a single idea they had. We know we get the best pins when the licensor is cooperative.

#366 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

When did we start buying pins to make money?

Not make money but also not lose $2k before you even get the pin like ts4, bond 60th.

#367 1 year ago

I like the theme and am looking forward to seeing Jack's layout. It's pros for me from here on out so it will have to be a good pro. Premium is getting too salty to justify for me.

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Not make money but also not lose $2k before you even get the pin like ts4, bond 60th.

This is what the haters don’t get pinball is fun and cheap. You don’t lose much and can actually make money on a pin. It’s more about not losing money. I always think when these pins and money questions come up, what if FF was guaranteed to devalue to zero in 10 years how many people would buy it?

I may have 2 pins for like 3k each if that was the case. Well maybe 4 at 3k each. But it would definitely change my pin spending.

#369 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Feb/March is shaping up to be really exciting for pinball!!

Feb/March = tax refund season. Why not spend it on a NIB pin..?

#370 1 year ago

Can anyone else see a rush or jack black cameo in this pin?

#371 1 year ago

With the prices so high, I really hope this is a packed pro because I don’t know if I can swing another premium unless it’s amazeballs. It’s already got the music going for it.

#372 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I think over the last year pinside has underestimated the global appeal of FF.
They fill huge stadiums everywhere.
I bet this title does surprisingly well, especially with the alien theme.
Dave G is a perfectionistic, so you know he will be actively involved.
Lastly new designers like Jack, put their heart and soul into their designs, so I am expecting it won't disappoint.
Oh, and Tanio's DP rules are right up there with the best.

Foo Fighters have been the most consistent band that's been playing, touring, putting out albums and hits since the 90s. They didn't go away, they tour like hell. They also are super popular overseas as well. They aren't relics who play tiny local amphitheaters either, they command good tix prices, pack big venues, they are all around solid.

Just anything post 80s is difficult for some folks in the pinball community to accept

Quoted from beltking:

If your not buying it to make money, then.... you don't lose any money. You buy it, you play it.

#373 1 year ago

Interested to see what they come up with.
Don't know much aboot FF but I hope they have some good tributes to Taylor Hawkins.

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Foo Fighters have been the most consistent band that's been playing, touring, putting out albums and hits since the 90s. They didn't go away, they tour like hell. They also are super popular overseas as well. They aren't relics who play tiny local amphitheaters either, they command good tix prices, pack big venues, they are all around solid.
Just anything post 80s is difficult for some folks in the pinball community to accept

People are comparing album sales to judge band popularity.

Dudes, your boomer bands came out pre-MP3 era. If you wanted their music, you HAD to buy it. FF was born literally at the start of mp3 times.

If you go on Spotify and compare song plays, it's pretty equal across the board for most big bands vs FF.

It's also two titles in one: Fighting aliens and music!

THIS GAME IS GOING TO ROCK!

#375 1 year ago

Hopefully it will turn out anywhere near the last machine that was brought up so much album sales and touring information.

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:People are comparing album sales to judge band popularity.
Dudes, your boomer bands came out pre-MP3 era. If you wanted their music, you HAD to buy it. FF was born literally at the start of mp3 times.
If you go on Spotify and compare song plays, it's pretty equal across the board for most big bands vs FF.

Right modern music also has lot more track sales than full album sales. It's a different beast. And comparing to bands that have decades of sales head starts on albums, sure whatever. So much music doesn't even get sold anymore as theres alternate ways to get to listen to your music now as well as alternate revenue streams.

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Can anyone else see a rush or jack black cameo in this pin?

That would be cool.

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This.. Album sales are not as applicable anymore.

Quoted from aaron6920:

I like the theme and am looking forward to seeing Jack's layout. It's pros for me from here on out so it will have to be a good pro. Premium is getting too salty to justify for me.

Godzilla is my only premium. I love pro games. Usually faster and same shots. I'm not a collector nor do I try and make money on games.

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Jack also said in his stream that the licensor didn’t reject a single idea they had. We know we get the best pins when the licensor is cooperative.

That sounds like Dave, he probably, and most literally said "F**k- it, you make the machine Stern", just make it cool and go crazy with it...

His music collaborations always come off that the artist he's performing with can shine and yet share the stage with his presence

#379 1 year ago

I'll have to see how this one looks to decide but I'm leaning towards a pass based on theme but if it is a cool shooter and layout I might be persuaded. Which would be good cause I need a pass, I been buying too many damn new games.
Was there any word yet on which songs are in there?

#380 1 year ago

Also Foo Fighters isn't to the stage of life where the rights to name image and likeness have been sold to a licensing firm trying to maximize return with foo dirt fighter soap etc.

#381 1 year ago

It's fun seeing all the hate the game is getting on various FB groups and such from old white dudes who then start listing old bands that they want a pin for instead.

#382 1 year ago

I see AP dropped their teaser today in response to Stern’s announcement of FF.

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

It's fun seeing all the hate the game is getting on various FB groups and such from old white dudes who then start listing old bands that they want a pin for instead.

That's ridiculous, who would do that!
Van Halen
Tom Petty
Pink Floyd
Stone Temple Pilots
Beastie Boys
The Doors
Rage Against The Machine
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Who
Pearl Jam
Green Day
Ozzy(Black Sabbath)
Alice In Chains

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#384 1 year ago

It's a smart move again by Stern. Combining a band pin with an alien twist.

They learned a lot with Maiden.

I love Maiden and the music but a lot of people hated the music but the awesome layout and the zombie mode twist made it a winner. Let's not forget the first pin of Elwin made this a top pin.

Don't really know much about Foo Fighters but if it gets the same treatment. With Jack Danger giving everything he's got for his first cornerstone, Tanio's coding and full band cooperation for license this is a WINNER.

I hope the fans felt the same way I did when then announced IRON MAIDEN.

#385 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

02CA1F24-D6A3-4F9C-A029-5C5C3B6F58DC (resized).jpeg02CA1F24-D6A3-4F9C-A029-5C5C3B6F58DC (resized).jpeg
#386 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

84ACB411-A4D4-4337-9C10-F2BC4619CB33 (resized).jpeg84ACB411-A4D4-4337-9C10-F2BC4619CB33 (resized).jpeg

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

LOL! Yeah, I would think most people buying NIB pinballs aren’t getting tax refunds.

#388 1 year ago

3D start button design was a no brainer so I churned these out last night. Nice beveled edge on the white border. No rush obviously since games arent shipping yet but I'll have em in the shop today.

Screenshot_20230225_111624_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230225_111624_Gallery (resized).jpg Added 14 months ago:

Link to shop listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/07901-3d-start-button-foo-fighters

#389 1 year ago

If it was just a Foo Fighters concert experience I was getting ready to hate it, but watching the video preview gives me hope they are doing more, seems like it will have a bit of comedic flair, so I can dig it.

#390 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

7cfqdz (resized).jpg7cfqdz (resized).jpg
#391 1 year ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

LOL! Yeah, I would think most people buying NIB pinballs aren’t getting tax refunds.

Boy! That’s a true statement!

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What dumb ass would pay $1k to have a plaque that is single digits?

Even funnier if they pay $1k for single digits and get #0001 through #0009

#393 1 year ago

0100 is a single digit

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

It's been a very long time for myself to get any tax refunds but I do know a few that do get a tax refund and they might not all be buying a NIB but some are, the others buy used.
The ones that do just put the remaining balance on their CC. Smart to do, not in my eyes but I don't want people to tell me how to spent my money so I'm not going to tell them either.

#395 1 year ago

I never give the Govt a free loan. No refunds!

#396 1 year ago

If you’re getting a tax refund, you’re doing it wrong.

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

If you’re getting a tax refund, you’re doing it wrong.

Not if you have no federal witholding but get tax credits resulting in a refund.

#398 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I never give the Govt a free loan. No refunds!

Unless you are self employed you have no choice

#399 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Nope, and if you want to avoid any possible penalties, you have to pay 110% of what you paid the previous year.

#400 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

One the best decisions I made years ago was to incorporate. Sole proprietor s-corp is so much better than filing self employed. More than worth the yearly fees and added complications.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 499.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MI
5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.