5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 99.
#3851 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Infamous Node board 10 is missing from the game. Funny how it skips from 9 to 12.[quoted image]

Node 10 is a specific kind of driver board for servos like RUSH used for the ramp and clock. Maybe Foo doesn't need that kind of board? I haven't really looked yet (all I noticed is the upper playfield coil parts for the flipper are completely missing from the Pre/LE manual), but that would be my guess as to why Foo doesn't have a Node 10.

#3852 1 year ago
Quoted from yamangold:

Is there anything needed to make the insider connect work on a Premium (sd card or kit)? Or do the machines come with everything needed? Also assuming I do not need a paying account to get my machine connected?
Just want to be ready when it shows up!

No payment to connect to IC (i.e. "The first hit is free").

I'm assuming payment will come once everyone's hooked and extra features are dangled.

#3853 1 year ago

yes! April Fools

#3854 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Just got a call from my distributor that my LE is ready for pickup....

APRIL FOOS!

#3855 1 year ago

I am in on an in stock Pro which is coming soon. I have been around the block with years of owning and playing games, I like the games that I have now so I am patient and I don’t push any choices at these price points.

I knew before the reveal that with Jack Danger any surprise would be to the upside. Seems like so far so good.

Pro is fine for me. I never met an upper PF I really liked. FF one seems better than many others though. IMO $7k is a deal in “todays” world.

Looking forward to owning this one. Think it should go next to my DP???

#3856 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just get the Spike shaker motor from Pinball Life. I've used them for years, and I like the shaking compared to something awful and jack-hammery like a Red Tremor.

What PM said. I’ve used them for as long as they’ve been around. I think I’ve had one that went bad (after years of use on it) out of 25 or so. And they shake but they’re not crazy. No brainer to add them.

I need to move one from an older game onto Foo.

#3857 1 year ago

Waiting patiently for my Premium. Parking spot reserved!

559D2931-C4C6-4D1B-BB58-740AE61C44D6 (resized).jpeg559D2931-C4C6-4D1B-BB58-740AE61C44D6 (resized).jpeg
#3858 1 year ago

Just played four games of a pro. I literally said "wow" out loud 6 times. The geometry is so effing satisfying. It is like every shot is a katana ramp. How the hell did Jack do this. I'm having a hard time seeing a premium being better than this.

#3859 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm having a hard time seeing a premium being better than this.

Well it better be.

#3860 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Just played four games of a pro. I literally said "wow" out loud 6 times. The geometry is so effing satisfying. It is like every shot is a katana ramp. How the hell did Jack do this. I'm having a hard time seeing a premium being better than this.

Wait till your first successful dead post save. I literally giggled like a school girl.

#3861 1 year ago

Initial impression of the game is really good. Great shot combinations.

Just had a lockup in area 51 multi ball. All pf lamps went out, flippers died, screen froze. After 20 seconds or so it rebooted.

The post rubber is missing above each outlane guide. I've seen some pictures of games with it each way. I assume it was intentionally left off.

#3862 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Initial impression of the game is really good. Great shot combinations.
Just had a lockup in area 51 multi ball. All pf lamps went out, flippers died, screen froze. After 20 seconds or so it rebooted.
The post rubber is missing above each outlane guide. I've seen some pictures of games with it each way. I assume it was intentionally left off.

Left outlane doesn’t have a rubber from the factory. Right outlane should have one.

#3863 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Left outlane doesn’t have a rubber from the factory. Right outlane should have one.

I've had a few frustrating drains on the right side with a slow roll through the nearby curved lane. I might add one and see how it plays.

20230401_223740 (resized).jpg20230401_223740 (resized).jpg
#3864 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

I've had a few frustrating drains on the right side with a slow roll through the nearby curved lane. I might add one and see how it plays.
[quoted image]

Yeah, similar to Godzilla but on Foo the feed seems to be a little safer.

#3865 1 year ago

Played all the new releases that were at MGC Friday and Saturday- Foo Fighters was the best by far IMHO. Disclosure- I don’t own this or any of the other new releases. I just wanted to say to anyone who did purchase it but hasn’t played it- it’s awesome! What really stood out to me was the layout and flow of the shots. It was just a lot of fun and kept me coming back over and over. Played about 25 games on it and going back for more tomorrow!

#3866 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Wait till your first successful dead post save. I literally giggled like a school girl.

I just don't see why. I death save often, so i dont know if it is worth the money. I'm unsure I can justify it. I will get to play a premium shortly as the place near me gets them after pros.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3867 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I just don't see why. I death save often, so i dont know if it is worth the money. I'm unsure I can justify it. I will get to play a premium shortly as the place near me gets them after pros.

Not a deathsaver myself, but this is kinda how I am approaching it, too: Pro at home (to save a few grand) and play the Premium on location as a special treat.

#3868 1 year ago

I like the live save myself

#3869 1 year ago

I like the the pro at a very decent price, but keep thinking the premium upper PF looks very fun as well as the nicer toys, magnet and of course dead post. Seems like both will be great games much like DP pro and premium.

#3870 1 year ago

I'm excited to play the premium, but it better blow my mind or I'd say the pro is just fine. Funnily, this location I played at has a Scooby-Doo, and this is by far the better Scooby-Doo game. I was not impressed by that one as you can't see the shots. Meanwhile this game you see everywhere the ball is going and it is magical.

#3871 1 year ago

Mature content is off by default. Feature adjust #3

#3872 1 year ago

I haven’t noticed a difference since i switched it on.

Quoted from barakandl:

Mature content is off by default. Feature adjust #3

#3873 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm excited to play the premium, but it better blow my mind or I'd say the pro is just fine. Funnily, this location I played at has a Scooby-Doo, and this is by far the better Scooby-Doo game. I was not impressed by that one as you can't see the shots. Meanwhile this game you see everywhere the ball is going and it is magical.

Which one is a better SD?
There is one where you can see the shots?

#3874 1 year ago

Not sure it’s been said in the comparisons but the Pro is empirically easier for two key reasons. This is often the case as the pros end up being more deterministic(DPool excluded). No exception here.

Left outlane drains:

Pro- if overdrive is lit, ball save will be automatic. No center button required. (Though points are awarded if you hit the button anyways) Ball will plunge from shooter lane. Skilled players could even intercept the auto plunge for a plunge of their liking.

Pro- if overdrive is lit, even really slow dinky drains on that side will be saved.

Premium- must be awake and execute the bounce up from the post.

Premium- maybe or maybe not get control onto R flipper after successfully bouncing back up into playfield

Area51 multiball
Pro- never anything more than hitting R ramp to start

Premium- on second area51 and beyond the player must accomplish a fair amount on the upper pf

One small exception- a skilled player could utilize upper pf to advantage during multiball to keep too many balls from crowding down by main flippers thus opening up shots.

Lastly, I think the overlord magnet could introduce additional randomness and drains but I didn’t see any in my 10 or so games on premium.

They’re both fantastic. If I wasn’t an operator I still would have gotten the pro for home because of the $. Then again all three models are likely to appreciate unless Stern builds only Foo for the next two years… which given how good it is, maybe they should haha.

#3875 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Waiting patiently for my Premium. Parking spot reserved!
[quoted image]

Nice lineup!!!! * drooool*

#3876 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Which one is a better SD?

I'm saying this is a Scooby-Doo theme.

#3877 1 year ago

Looks like Foo is getting universally praised from the last two shows. Now I really want to flip one!

#3878 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Which SD is a better one?

#3879 1 year ago

he is saying foo is the better sd pin

#3880 1 year ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

he is saying foo is the better sd pin

Um, OK, that kinda doesn't make sense, but OK, thanks for explaining.

#3881 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Jack said they were identical in his stream earlier this week.

If that’s the case then I don't think there's any chance Stern will release a post kit later down the line.

Quoted from ATLpb:

Not sure it’s been said in the comparisons but the Pro is empirically easier for two key reasons. This is often the case as the pros end up being more deterministic(DPool excluded). No exception here.
Left outlane drains:
Pro- if overdrive is lit, ball save will be automatic. No center button required. (Though points are awarded if you hit the button anyways) Ball will plunge from shooter lane. Skilled players could even intercept the auto plunge for a plunge of their liking.
Pro- if overdrive is lit, even really slow dinky drains on that side will be saved.
Premium- maybe or maybe not get control onto R flipper after successfully bouncing back up into playfield
Area51 multiball
Premium- on second area51 and beyond the player must accomplish a fair amount on the upper pf
One small exception- a skilled player could utilize upper pf to advantage during multiball to keep too many balls from crowding down by main flippers thus opening up shots.
Lastly, I think the overlord magnet could introduce additional randomness and drains but I didn’t see any in my 10 or so games on premium.
They’re both fantastic. If I wasn’t an operator I still would have gotten the pro for home because of the $. Then again all three models are likely to appreciate unless Stern builds only Foo for the next two years… which given how good it is, maybe they should haha.

Another difference in difficulty at least for me is that it's easier to visualize and time your shots on the Pro for your upper right flipper shots because you have much more visibility of the ball. The upper playfield on the Premium covers up a good chunk of the upper left side of the playfield which makes it a little bit harder because you lose sight of the ball for an instant and it's harder to identify which shot you hit (harder to see shot entrances) and react to it. It's not nearly as bad as on a game like Scooby where the playfield covers up half of the playfield, but I think it's an advantage in the Pro's favor.

#3882 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Left outlane drains:
Area51 multiball

My boy corrected me- not center button for premium overdrive- it’s hold left flipper. And, you can change in settings to behave like pro.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3883 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

Looks like Foo is getting universally praised from the last two shows. Now I really want to flip one!

You do. It is crazy how the shots don't do conventional things that you're used to. It messes with your brain the first few games you play.

#3884 1 year ago

Can you hit the loop shot to the right of the alien (left of the right ramp) from the lower flipper?

That kind of reminds me or R&M quick turn loop.

#3885 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Can you hit the loop shot to the right of the alien (left of the right ramp) from the lower flipper?

It is a lower right flipper shot. RAMI shot. It goes across the playfield from the far left to the turnaround.

#3886 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It is a lower right flipper shot. RAMI shot. It goes across the playfield from the far left to the turnaround.

I know, but can you hit it straight from the lower flipper? That’s what I was asking.

#3887 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Um, OK, that kinda doesn't make sense, but OK, thanks for explaining.

I'm saying this game out Scooby-Doos the Scooby-Doo game. Forget it lol.

#3888 1 year ago

I think the pro looks fun and you can't go wrong either way. For me being in on an LE, I like the upper PF (TSPP being one of my fav games) + the expression lighting looks awesome, getting the premium anti-glare glass means I don't have to swap it out once it gets here (so that is nice! must have for all my games), the death save post looks cool and I am sure I will have fun when it pops up but it's not a game changer for me.

My dist said mine would likely ship around tax time so I am thinking she is probably going to be pretty spot on.

#3889 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I think the pro looks fun and you can't go wrong either way. For me being in on an LE, I like the upper PF (TSPP being one of my fav games) + the expression lighting looks awesome, getting the premium anti-glare glass means I don't have to swap it out once it gets here (so that is nice! must have for all my games), the death save post looks cool and I am sure I will have fun when it pops up but it's not a game changer for me.
My dist said mine would likely ship around tax time so I am thinking she is probably going to be pretty spot on.

Add that gorgeous green, le coming here too

#3890 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I'm not huge on upper pf either, but the FF does look really small. To me it looks like Jack did a great job making sure it doesn't block much of the pf. I probably would have gone pro if the loops on the upper didn't look so fun. Initial thought was the right side upper on WOZ, but two loops and smaller. I bet it will be a lot of fun to shoot.

#3891 1 year ago

So for those that have played Foo, does it shoot and play the way it looks? And by that I mean Godzilla and Deadpool had a baby and put it on Steroids because this thing looks amazing.

#3892 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

So for those that have played Foo, does it shoot and play the way it looks? And by that I mean Godzilla and Deadpool had a baby and put it on Steroids because this thing looks amazing.

Yes.

For the first time since TWD, I'm genuinely excited for a new release from Stern (while being in the "pre-release phase").

#3893 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yes.
For the first time since TWD, I'm genuinely excited for a new release from Stern (while being in the "pre-release phase").

Awesome thanks for the reply NPO, did you get to play it at TPF/MGC? Pro? Premium?

A Deadpool Godzilla hybrid was always going to be a tonne of fun and I can see ideas from both games in Foo, as you say mate it’s the first game to genuinely get alot of excitement in a long time and I don’t even like FF music.

#3894 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I'm not huge on upper pf either, but the FF does look really small. To me it looks like Jack did a great job making sure it doesn't block much of the pf. I probably would have gone pro if the loops on the upper didn't look so fun. Initial thought was the right side upper on WOZ, but two loops and smaller. I bet it will be a lot of fun to shoot.

I think thats a good comparison (Woz upper right PF) having previously owned a woz, like you said though, I'm excited that its not just a loop shot since there are two paths and then a target that opens up. Should be fun.

#3895 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Add that gorgeous green, le coming here too

Forgot about the armor, yeah agree, for me 100% worth it.

#3896 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome thanks for the reply NPO, did you get to play it at TPF/MGC? Pro? Premium?
A Deadpool Godzilla hybrid was always going to be a tonne of fun and I can see ideas from both games in Foo, as you say mate it’s the first game to genuinely get alot of excitement in a long time and I don’t even like FF music.

Add in some JP, too. It's really a nice mix of flowing shots!

#3897 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I did - about 5 games on the premium and 5-8 on the Pro (TPF was INSANELY crowded, and I left the whole event by noon on Saturday).

I'm in for a Prem, so I'm not going to go into why I prefer the Prem over the Pro - I'll simply state what I observed on BOTH.

1. Flow, flow, flow, flow. The game makes you feel like a G.C.. Every shot goes somewhere - I can't remember a game where I felt like I was shooting enough bricks to build a castle, and I didn't feel like I was chopping wood. Very fast and fun. Sometimes, I shot the ball into the upper PF to simply catch my breath.

2. Great immersion and theme. Like Iron Maiden before it, FF is a testament that if immersion doesn't do it, theme does. Some people who couldn't care less for Iron Maiden music LOVE the game because the immersion (particularly graphics and sound) are ON POINT. Story is the same for FF. I'm your typical FF fan - know all the radio hits and any new songs I hear on a "greatest hits" Spotify playlist. When I stepped up, I picked a song I knew and started shooting. The sounds were on point, the videos are awesome, the storyline pulls you in, the best artwork since DeadPool (yeah GZ fanboys, I said it), and it's an entertaining game without need for epileptic inducing PinStadiums or TZ-level of mods. The game WORKS on all fronts.

3. Unlike waiting 1.5-2 years, we are getting the game either THIS MONTH or July/August, depending on how early you got in. For those in the back, how many of you STILL waiting on GZ?

4. The game has - honestly - minimal toys, but it STILL is fun to shoot. Before I open up "ToyGate" ( PanzerFreak , get in here, I need your expert analysis on toys), I define them as one of two things:

A. Interactive ball elements (looking at you, TZ Gumball machine, BSD Mistball, MM Trolls and Castle, Shadow Sanctum ball, JM Hand & Matrix, etc. )
B. Items specific to and exclusively in a game (looking at you, TZ clock, TAF Thing flipping the flippers at end of ball, AFM Saucer, CFTBL Hologram, STh Projector, DP Discoball, etc.)

That said, FF Pro/Prem, when you REALLY break it down, have the deadsave post (Prem), the Alien Saucer ball lock (Pro/Prem), the magnets under the saucer (Prem), and that's really about it. And yet, it is FUN. It is a nearly unanimous conclusion from everyone who has seen or played it that is is FUN. It shows you don't need gumball machines, cell phones, dinosaur eating the ball, dildo wagging rocketships, or Thing picking the ball up for FF to be a TOTAL blast. When a game can pull that off, it gets my attention and more importantly for the manufacturer: my money.

Pro or Premium, doesn't matter, both are a complete blast. Outside of the deadpost that this community is borderline obsessing over on a quotidian basis - Pro and Prem are nearly the same game (aesthetically) and both equally fun to play. Whichever you choose, you don't lose.

#3898 1 year ago

Played a pro at Litt in Minneapolis. Full disclosure I’d be all in if it sucked, big fan of the band for a long time. That being said, loved it. Fun shots, fast, and from what we could hear great sounds. Enjoyed the light show. Kicker target is fun. Loops for days. Looked the art and colors a lot. Also played godfather and Scooby-Doo, both bored me in comparison. Really like the style and feel of newer Sterns GZ and now FF. Ordered my pro day 1. Really hope I get to be part of the first run. Think I’ll just add a shaker and a sub and down the road art blades.

#3899 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:So for those that have played Foo, does it shoot and play the way it looks? And by that I mean Godzilla and Deadpool had a baby and put it on Steroids because this thing looks amazing.

Do you guys think if I only have room for 5 machines(for now) dp, gz, FF are too similar and I should only have two of those? Or is it worth it just because of how good they are? My other two will be LOTR and GTF. I will probably try to squeeze in a 6th elsewise replace my least favorite of dp/gz/FF with a 90s game at some point

#3900 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Do you guys think if I only have room for 5 machines(for now) dp, gz, FF are too similar and I should only have two of those? Or is it worth it just because of how good they are? My other two will be LOTR and GTF. I will probably try to squeeze in a 6th elsewise replace my least favorite of dp/gz/FF with a 90s game at some point

Having not played FF yet I don’t think they’d be too similar. DP is already the clunkiest shooter in my lineup and that surely won’t change with FF coming in next to it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Toronto, ON
$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Elsinore, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.