5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 99.
#3801 1 year ago

Well I am catiously optimustic

Quoted from Haymaker:

In case you haven't heard, the word on the street is that there will be additional accessories (IE- action figures) that plug into the topper on this game. Ergo the price will probably be cheaper for the base and the rest of the money made up by buying the additional accessories for it. I'm willing to bet Jeff is pretty close to spot on with his prediction.

I hope 'action figures' as rumor has it, might form a band stage of sorts (or other setting) and hopefully move around / dance / non-static display, kind of like the Pulp Fiction LE topper. That would be cool.

#3802 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I just remember reading a news article that said they were coming, but maybe that was bad info.

Doesn't need other band members, just Dave screaming at player!

An adult Dave mode.

I agree, I think it would be great. But don't know what the band would feel comfortable with.

#3803 1 year ago

Ummmm…set up Foo yesterday at my location Pizza J in Providence RI and…it’s just theeee f@cking best. Fun level is bat shit and the shot layout is gorgeoussss. FooBot and Bot frenzy are a BLAST.

Also…Let it be known that I don’t really like the band. Anyone who passed on this based solely on theme is out of their gourd. Game is ON POINT bigtime.

Put up 1.5 mil and saw most of the game at current code. Thing RIPS.

0B828010-FA30-4633-943D-1A82BA30B8B3 (resized).jpeg0B828010-FA30-4633-943D-1A82BA30B8B3 (resized).jpeg

#3804 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

The only thing "official" I have heard is Jack mentioning a couple of times that after Hawkins passed the band decided not to do callouts because it wouldn't feel right without Taylor being involved.
Whether that is just for now and is a possibility in the future, dunno.

Small correction. JD said the Stern team didn’t feel it was appropriate at the time to ask the band to do callouts, not the band. I say this because it is my feeling that there will be band callouts at some point as long as they can figure out how to be respectful to Taylor’s memory and his family.

#3805 1 year ago

Anyone know what the plug is under the start button on the new FF pins? I haven't seen it on other sterns before.
foo (resized).JPGfoo (resized).JPG

Well.. looking at the website it's even on avengers. Which I own but never noticed. tournament button addon location maybe?

#3806 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Small correction. JD said the Stern team didn’t feel it was appropriate at the time to ask the band to do callouts, not the band. I say this because it is my feeling that there will be band callouts at some point as long as they can figure out how to be respectful to Taylor’s memory and his family.

I’m hopeful that what they were explaining is that it wouldn’t be cool to have callouts from the whole band, missing Taylor.
And that maybe Dave only will record some call outs at some point.
It’s a case where “just Dave” actually makes the most sense, I think?
Fingers are crossed. That would be some serious icing on the cake.

#3807 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The nice thing about the game is that the music isn't really the focus of the game. It's more like backing music to an Alien attacks game.

Yeah, I agree with this. After watching the streams, I get the impression that Danger thought the band was fine prior to working on this pin, but wasn't a massive fan or anything. And I think that this made the pin a ton better, if I'm frankly honest, by deemphasizing the music. I like the fact that I'm not playing the "This Is A Call" mode, but the "Seattle" mode and the song really does just feel like the background soundtrack for that mode.

It keeps the song from overstaying its welcome (and, perversely, more likely for me to keep humming it hours after I'm done playing without realizing it).

#3808 1 year ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Anyone know what the plug is under the start button on the new FF pins? I haven't seen it on other sterns before.
[quoted image]
Well.. looking at the website it's even on avengers. Which I own but never noticed. tournament button addon location maybe?

Yep for tournament button. I order and install external volume controls in that location from pinballlife. One of my fav mods!

#3809 1 year ago

Foo Fist shooters outbound

20230331_114546 (resized).jpg20230331_114546 (resized).jpg

#3810 1 year ago

No LE on the line today Was really hoping it would. https://twitter.com/sternpinball/status/1641851089740759051?s=20

#3811 1 year ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

[quoted image]

That's a drain plug. It helps drain the water out. Its normally seen on boats or coolers

#3812 1 year ago

I don’t think we will get LEs until mid to late April.

#3813 1 year ago
Quoted from 10redzr1:

I don’t think we will get LEs until mid to late April.

Not til the 14th it looking like. Someone posted this from Stern today.

B95DF2AD-72EC-4782-AD2B-14C39DD11D8D (resized).pngB95DF2AD-72EC-4782-AD2B-14C39DD11D8D (resized).png
#3814 1 year ago

My distro told me from the start to expect my LE sometime in April

#3815 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Not til the 14th it looking like. Someone posted this from Stern today.
[quoted image]

I got the same email. Ordered directly from stern

#3816 1 year ago

the foo is real, believe in the hype. FF pro will be game of the year. At $7k and 99% of the FF experience; nobody can touch it. FF wins every category in 2023 TWIPY’s.

#3817 1 year ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Yep for tournament button. I order and install external volume controls in that location from pinballlife. One of my fav mods!

Me too, love those volume controls, nice and low profile. They work on older SAM machines too, but the are inset

#3818 1 year ago

Oh, this came out cooler than I expected. Likely my plan for speaker lights, whether with this Type 13 ring light kit or the Type 11/12 full panel.

IMG_2251 (resized).JPGIMG_2251 (resized).JPG

IMG_2250 (resized).JPGIMG_2250 (resized).JPG

Actually would look badass with flame speaker lights too, thrown on my GZ just for funsies

IMG_2254 (resized).JPGIMG_2254 (resized).JPG

#3819 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

FF pro will be game of the year. At $7k and 99% of the FF experience; nobody can touch it. FF wins every category in 2023 TWIPY’s.

F76C3069-30D7-4030-9D30-2750A15EC409.jpegF76C3069-30D7-4030-9D30-2750A15EC409.jpeg

#3820 1 year ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

[quoted image]

This is the hole that’s used for the dickpost that is only available on the pro model. They plugged the hole for the premiums and LE’s.

#3821 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

In case you haven't heard, the word on the street is that there will be additional accessories (IE- action figures) that plug into the topper on this game. Ergo the price will probably be cheaper for the base and the rest of the money made up by buying the additional accessories for it. I'm willing to bet Jeff is pretty close to spot on with his prediction.

That's slick marketing.

Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Also, I think the topper prediction is pretty spot on from what I’ve heard from the team on stream. A base topper with add on figures. I’m going to guess $1200 for the topper and $100 per figure with each one adding more callouts and such to the game.

Looks like all that adds up to what? At least $1700? The going rate for a complete topper it seems.

#3822 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That's slick marketing.

Looks like all that adds up to what? At least $1700? The going rate for a complete topper it seems.

$1800 assuming there is a Taylor figure.

#3823 1 year ago

I’m excited to play the pro this weekend. As someone mentioned earlier the pro at 7k seems like a sweet deal in this market and I feel like you don’t lose really much compared to the prem/LE. There aren’t any toys in this game and I don’t care at all about the dead post, the sculp can be replaced so really it’s that upper which isn’t anything special and could actually slow things. I also like FF music so we’ll see. I have no room is the problem! What would I sell? 1st world problems

#3825 1 year ago

Oh, btw, Don’t worry about modding out the pro for a deadpost that won’t rise/fall. Stern has addressed the issue and Jack Danger has spoken for the people with a mod at production. First, the playfield is the same, so if one was inclined they could remove the plug cover and cut it away. But there is no need.

The pro model hits to speaker standups on left qualifies the left drain save and when lit, once you raise the left flipper and ball rolls by it triggers a new ball launch. So they are rewarding you virtually by putting a ball into play, as one ball drains. So you don’t miss a dead post on the pro because of its virtual ball addition. Solved and zero need for a mod. Carry on.

#3826 1 year ago

I got a chance to play some if the newest games today. Pretty much just flailing around as I didn’t have a lot of time and didn’t know the rules, but about 5-10 games on each;

FF pro: probably my favorite of the day. Cool layout. Not a big fan of the band. I wish it would randomize the song at ball launch. I was hoping for a similarly satisfying shot like the kitana ramp shot on DP. No luck. I thought the left Rami shot would equate but no. My favorite shot was the right orbit. The right ramp looks like it’s the same shot as GZ right ramp.

Bond: shoots better than I thought. No idea what code it had. Probably my second favorite game from a shot/flow perspective.

GF: music was a big disappointment. Pretty boring. The SDTM when the ball is diverted to the upper flipper is real. Glad I did not buy this one. Maybe the game want not set up correctly.

TS4: better than GF. It just shoots nice. When I see this game for $9k I’ll buy it for sure.

That’s my 2 cents. I’’be had a few brewskis. I’m in on a Ff pro and PF LE and happy about that. My cat just threw up. fuck.

#3827 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I got a chance to play some if the newest games today. Pretty much just flailing around as I didn’t have a lot of time and didn’t know the rules, but about 5-10 games on each;
FF pro: probably my favorite of the day. Cool layout. Not a big fan of the band. I wish it would randomize the song at ball launch. I was hoping for a similarly satisfying shot like the kitana ramp shot on DP. No luck. I thought the left Rami shot would equate but no. My favorite shot was the right orbit. The right ramp looks like it’s the same shot as GZ right ramp.
Bond: shoots better than I thought. No idea what code it had. Probably my second favorite game from a shot/flow perspective.
GF: music was a big disappointment. Pretty boring. The SDTM when the ball is diverted to the upper flipper is real. Glad I did not buy this one. Maybe the game want not set up correctly.
TS4: better than GF. It just shoots nice. When I see this game for $9k I’ll buy it for sure.
That’s my 2 cents. I’’be had a few brewskis. I’m in on a Ff pro and PF LE and happy about that. My cat just threw up fuck.

That last line. Chef's kiss!

#3828 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

That last line. Chef's kiss!

Yep - that earned a thumbs up from me.

#3829 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

No LE on the line today Was really hoping it would.

I know! So bummed. I really want my game.

#3830 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I know! So bummed. I really want my game.

I’m pretty sure factory Friday’s is a week delayed. Elvira’s were shipping this week.

#3831 1 year ago

The LE games have started production this past week. I would expect them to be complete by approximately next Friday, 4/7. Perhaps bleeding into the following week. Typically the Stern direct LE games are the last to go out. I know that was the case with Rush.

#3832 1 year ago

Does anyone know if a shaker motor is included in the premium or would that need to be an add on?

#3833 1 year ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

Does anyone know if a shaker motor is included in the premium or would that need to be an add on?

Add on

#3834 1 year ago

Are shaker motors standard or specific for machines? Like can I order one now or have to wait until they release a shaker for FF.

I have an order out for a FF prem and it'll be my first modern stern, so I'm still feeling my way around this.

#3835 1 year ago

Not sure what apron cards with the game, but here is an idea.

apron card 1 (resized).jpgapron card 1 (resized).jpg
#3836 1 year ago

Infamous Node board 10 is missing from the game. Funny how it skips from 9 to 12.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3837 1 year ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

They are only specific to manufacturers/generations of machines.

Quoted from thekiyote:

Are shaker motors standard or specific for machines? Like can I order one now or have to wait until they release a shaker for FF.
I have an order out for a FF prem and it'll be my first modern stern, so I'm still feeling my way around this.

#3838 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Infamous Node board 10 is missing from the game. Funny how it skips from 9 to 12.[quoted image]

Could that be a pro manual?

#3839 1 year ago

Is there anything needed to make the insider connect work on a Premium (sd card or kit)? Or do the machines come with everything needed? Also assuming I do not need a paying account to get my machine connected?
Just want to be ready when it shows up!

#3840 1 year ago
Quoted from yamangold:

Is there anything needed to make the insider connect work on a Premium (sd card or kit)? Or do the machines come with everything needed? Also assuming I do not need a paying account to get my machine connected?
Just want to be ready when it shows up!

New machines come with it installed. No paying account needed.

#3841 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Infamous Node board 10 is missing from the game. Funny how it skips from 9 to 12.[quoted image]

You are aware they have followed a addressing convention across nearly every game are you not?

They are not just assigned sequential based on that game

#3842 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Infamous Node board 10 is missing from the game. Funny how it skips from 9 to 12.

Skips right from 4 to 8 as well. Nothing funny about it, 12 is traditionally the node assigned to toppers.

#3843 1 year ago

Just got a call from my distributor that my LE is ready for pickup....

#3844 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

You had me for a minute

#3845 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Foo?

#3846 1 year ago

Literally looks like they dump clear coat on the underside of this foo in spot ..smh

20230401_133735 (resized).jpg20230401_133735 (resized).jpg
#3847 1 year ago

Not April fools. My distro on Thursday said stern shipping part of his allotment of pros yesterday 31 MAR. Fingers crossed should have it soonly.

#3848 1 year ago
Quoted from azcraigfamily:

Not April fools. My distro on Thursday said stern shipping part of his allotment of pros yesterday 31 MAR. Fingers crossed should have it soonly.

Oh You guys are killing me

#3849 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3850 1 year ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

Just get the Spike shaker motor from Pinball Life. I've used them for years, and I like the shaking compared to something awful and jack-hammery like a Red Tremor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 16.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Northwood, OH
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Toronto, ON
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 139.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/77?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.