5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 99.
#3701 1 year ago

Headphone jack, with a line out in to a Sonos play 5 or Arc. Would that work?

#3702 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Thanks for this.
Looks like they have a “CPU mounted line out” which is probably a fancy way of saying 1/8’ Jack.

Nope. Thats a pinout on the CPU. I think 5 PIN. Pinball Life sells and jack kit and Stern does as well.

#3703 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Nope. Thats a pinout on the CPU. I think 5 PIN. Pinball Life sells and jack kit and Stern does as well.

Instructions on how to make a cable for that header block on the CPU board here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

#3704 1 year ago

That doesn’t look bad at all. I really wish Stern would just include a Jack or Bluetooth on the board as it costs next to nothing for the 13k they charge. A bit ridiculous if you ask me. They shouldn’t advertise 4 pins on a mother board as a audio out feature. Bordering on deceptive advertising imo.

#3705 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Instructions on how to make a cable for that header block on the CPU board here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

Many thanks!

#3706 1 year ago

HAHAHAHA!!! you said MSRP!

#3707 1 year ago

Got to play a pro for the first time today, put 15 games on it. Finished LA, New Orleans and Chicago modes (not all in one game).

This game is amazing! Watch your back Keith Elwin, there’s a new sexy designer on the block who made a first game just as good as yours!

Very unique layout and the flow/combos are incredible. I didn’t really focus on the game’s objectives, the spinner to upper flipper shots back to the right flipper flow is just pinball zen.

I can’t wait for my premium to arrive and slap some EL lighting into it. Stern has yet another incredible game in their recent output.

I give all this masturbatory praise as someone who could give 2 shits about Foo Fighters as a band btw. If you’re a fan of the band you’re really gonna fall in love with this game.

#3708 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Got to play a pro for the first time today, put 15 games on it. Finished LA, New Orleans and Chicago modes (not all in one game).
This game is amazing! Watch your back Keith Elwin, there’s a new sexy designer on the block who made a first game just as good as yours!
Very unique layout and the flow/combos are incredible. I didn’t really focus on the game’s objectives, the spinner to upper flipper shots back to the right flipper flow is just pinball zen.
I can’t wait for my premium to arrive and slap some EL lighting into it. Stern has yet another incredible game in their recent output.
I give all this masturbatory praise as someone who could give 2 shits about Foo Fighters as a band btw. If you’re a fan of the band you’re really gonna fall in love with this game.

Where did you play it? I am in Palm Harbor area on vacation.

#3709 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Where did you play it? I am in Palm Harbor area on vacation.

Your in palm harbor then you are very close to Reboot Dunedin and they just got one! Open till 3am, hurry up you can make it. Lol

#3710 1 year ago

I made myself a topper since the Factory one is about a year out and will likely be $1,800. It came out pretty good. I’ll mount it tomorrow.

1D71D8ED-7762-477F-8F26-D9D7874EA6DC (resized).jpeg1D71D8ED-7762-477F-8F26-D9D7874EA6DC (resized).jpeg
#3711 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I made myself a topper since the Factory one is about a year out and will likely be $1,800. It came out pretty good. I’ll mount it tomorrow.
[quoted image]

Look great! Are you going to sell those?

#3712 1 year ago

Thank you! I could if there is interest in it. I’ve been making other toppers for sale.

Quoted from wfumed2:

Look great! Are you going to sell those?

#3713 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

made myself a topper since the Factory one is about a year out and will likely be $1,800.

At least.

But Stern toppers are moving to Not just attractive ornaments on the game anymore ...they're actually integrated into code, add new cool gameplay features, like mandalorian and Rush. The Market wants and supports them. It's tested and proven, so games surely are designed from the beginning with a gameplay topper.

Also aren't they Limited in production ? and likely hold their value over time... You can park your money in it and always sell it separately... Maybe for a profit if limited..

FF topper will be epic and a must have to FF pin owners... FOMO and many WILL miss out... driving up value.....Unless Stern pulls a fast one and is positioned and prepared to fulfill every topper order placed riding the fomo money train on this title.. jokes on the market if so. Cash cow.

Godzilla soon? If not They left a ton of money on the table. They can use their old factory building just to build toppers. Lol

Wouldn't you expect more Danger greatness in a FF topper? ... Of course! You can live without one kidney when it comes down to it. But you can't live without the FF topper.

#3714 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

At least.
But Stern toppers are moving to Not just attractive ornaments on the game anymore ...they're actually integrated into code, add new cool gameplay features, like mandalorian and Rush. The Market wants and supports them. It's tested and proven, so games surely are designed from the beginning with a gameplay topper.
Also aren't they Limited in production ? and likely hold their value over time... You can park your money in it and always sell it separately... Maybe for a profit if limited..
FF topper will be epic and a must have to FF pin owners... FOMO and many WILL miss out... driving up value.....Unless Stern pulls a fast one and is positioned and prepared to fulfill every topper order placed riding the fomo money train on this title.. jokes on the market if so. Cash cow.
Godzilla soon? If not They left a ton of money on the table. They can use their old factory building just to build toppers. Lol
Wouldn't you expect more Danger greatness in a FF topper? ... Of course! You can live without one kidney when it comes down to it. But you can't live without the FF topper.

No topper is worth $1700 to me. Regardless of code integration, investment talk, or FOMO.

That will always be a significant amount of money to me mentally and even my pinball soaked and diseased brain has a few cells left that hold some kind of rational thought.

Great times for people into accessories though, if it makes you happy then go for it. It’s just a hurdle I can’t overcome, and I’m ok with that.

#3715 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

At least.

I will never buy a topper that adds exclusive modes. Plus the prices are stupid now. No FOMO for me here.

#3716 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Thank you! I could if there is interest in it. I’ve been making other toppers for sale.

I'm in! I'm usually not a huge topper person but I love the look of this one!

#3717 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

It’s just a hurdle I can’t overcome,

... Yet.

I felt that way about pinball ownership too .. but here I am with 2 pins for $20k ... I'm adjusted. My brain is always adjusting and moved on to "topper soaked and diseased" now. Get out now while you still can.

#3718 1 year ago

Yes. I totally agree. But, to me, it’s not worth the extra cash. Although, i get the point about these being limited and likely to increase in value. However, they are 1/4 of the price of a new pro machine. It just depends what’s important to each of us.that’s what’s great about having options. Something for everyone.

Quoted from Vespula:

At least.

#3719 1 year ago

Got to play a Foo Pro yesterday at Phase Three Brewing in Lake Zurich, IL. Next to it were GZ Pro, DP Pro and Star Wars. Put some time on both Foo and GZ to compare the feel etc. Foo Pro is very fast, the Ka Foom target wasn't working correctly unfortunately (heard the coil but no real snap on the ball). The flow on the game is awesome. If you want fast, you will love Foo. Being a big band for me and growing up in the 80's the cartoon concept were an instant grab for me but I don't buy games on theme alone. I found myself looking at the animation and losing a ball a few times because the cartoon style was just hysterical. Team did a great job at making this feel lighthearted and still a rock theme. The right steep ramp was not an issue to make as needed on this game. The shots, combos and orbits are very satisfying. Only hiccup is the figure 8 style shot as it comes back down behind the KaFoom shot was a little clunky at times causing a STDM. I think that is more setup and leveling than the actual game design. Multiball modes are fast, very fast. Getting Area 51 makes you step it up and keeps you on your toes for sure. Overload talking trash here and there is also great fun. Overall I think Stern has another hit on their hands. Now I gotta figure out what leaves to make room for my LE coming next week.

#3720 1 year ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

I'm in! I'm usually not a huge topper person but I love the look of this one!

I’ve heard about what it might be. Did images already leak? Did a search but couldn’t find anything.

I agree, the prices are insane no matter how you cut it. They are obviously selling them as limited and collectible on purpose and pricing them so. The ROI must be huge on them. But I wonder if that was partially due to an inability to meet demand and if the better play isn’t a wider availability for slightly less cash. Make it more mass market and make the play to try to get a 1:3 attach rate or something on them. As they begin to lock more and more “DLC” type gimmicks behind them, it seems to be that you would want greater availability (or to be the shittiest company in the world by trying to make quick cash on it”. The best businesses move with what the market can sustain by getting higher attach rates, return customers, improved word of mouth, and finding that balance between competitive edge, profits, and engaging price points. I get it though, short term thinking suggests more machines are being made, sold, and all for more money than ever… so why stop. Pinball also falls into a niche and not mass market, so it gives them far more wiggle room to keep operating in that capacity.

Either way, depending on price and function… I am interested in the topper for Foo. We’ll have to see though. Those ones getting close to $2000 don’t interest me. I think $800-$1000 is already close to insane for what most toppers are.

#3721 1 year ago

Foo Fighters impressions from TPF!

https://www.youtube.com/live/qzoJ4nXhlto?feature=share

#3723 1 year ago

I love the extra overload hand that comes in the goodie bag

2F70A3A5-6855-45B5-A95C-87713550E6C3 (resized).jpeg2F70A3A5-6855-45B5-A95C-87713550E6C3 (resized).jpeg
#3724 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

... Yet.

I felt that way about pinball ownership too .. but here I am with 2 pins for $20k ... I'm adjusted. My brain is always adjusting and moved on to "topper soaked and diseased" now. Get out now while you still can.

It’s too late for me my friend. It’s terminal! 23 machines and counting. At least most of them are on route so I “kind of” sleep at night. Ha!

#3725 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I love the extra overload hand that comes in the goodie bag
[quoted image]

If anyone is offended with theirs, I'd love to buy it!

#3726 1 year ago

Those of you who were lucky enough to attend TPF. When you played the Pro/Pre versions of this game. Would you be fine going with the pro or is it worth it to upgrade to the premium. I know some games its not worth the upgrade. Just wanted to know what others think that are also average joes

#3727 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Those of you who were lucky enough to attend TPF. When you played the Pro/Pre versions of this game. Would you be fine going with the pro or is it worth it to upgrade to the premium. I know some games its not worth the upgrade. Just wanted to know what others think that are also average joes

Upper PF is marginal fun added... but nicer alien ship is big delta visually.. ball save post is novel? Extra toy is.. 3rd party options?

I think this is a game that will just depend on your price tolerance... is the Premium nicer? Yes.. is it necessary..? Not a super strong reason IMO. I think you are safe with either.

#3728 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think this is a game that will just depend on your price tolerance... is the Premium nicer? Yes.. is it necessary..? Not a super strong reason IMO. I think you are safe with either.

I love it when this is the case for the PRO/PREM split. If the game is good, you enjoy it, and the you like the theme, the PREM upgrades are likely gonna be worth it to you and add some extra character.

I hate it when the PRO and PREM are anywhere close to feeling like different games.

#3729 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Upper PF is marginal fun added... but nicer alien ship is big delta visually.. ball save post is novel? Extra toy is.. 3rd party options?

Would you say the difference between a Pro/Pre would be more like Deadpool or more like a Godzilla. I think with a Godzilla the Premium does have enough changes to justify the price

#3730 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I was at TPF and feel like Stern threaded the needle on this one. If you want to save some bucks you'll be happy with the Pro and if you want some extra toys then the Prem has some cool stuff but none of it is integral to the game.

#3731 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Now I gotta figure out what leaves to make room for my LE coming next week.

Are distros starting to receive the LE's?

#3732 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Are distros starting to receive the LE's?

Haven't heard anything from my distro. Will definitely be in this first run.

#3733 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Would you say the difference between a Pro/Pre would be more like Deadpool or more like a Godzilla. I think with a Godzilla the Premium does have enough changes to justify the price

No Premium is ever "worth" the extra in terms of BOM costs, comes down to what your own personal preferences are to justify. For example, some people like Deadpool Pro because it is faster (standups vs drops on sides), I prefer the Premium/LE because I really like the left orbit loop shot.

For Bond, I chose Pro because because I could live without the physical ball lock and the Bond on a Wand, didn't really feel like I was missing any shots.

For FF, I went Premium because I want the variety that the upper playfield adds, and I wanted the expression light option.

To answer your original question though, I think it is kind of in the middle of the difference between Deadpool versions and Godzilla versions.

#3734 1 year ago

Is anyone doing a Music mod? Asking for a friend

Are there already some ideas on a death post mod for the pro?

Can't wait to get the game

#3735 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Is anyone doing a Music mod? Asking for a friend
Are there already some ideas on a death post mod for the pro?
Can't wait to get the game

Maybe. I’m working on a dead post, but I need to get ahold of a pro for measurements and test fits

#3736 1 year ago

If they finished 200 LEs recently what is everyone's best guess as to when the LEs will start shipping?

#3737 1 year ago

Likely some will ship end of this week
If not, then next week.

LEs on the line now.

Quoted from brickbuilder14:

If they finished 200 LEs recently what is everyone's best guess as to when the LEs will start shipping?

#3738 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

The comparison with deadpool is probably similar...

Godzilla is a game where I think premium is just so worth it. Deadpool premium is nice, but pro is still good.

#3739 1 year ago

I still think adding a deadpost to the Pro with the software differences doesn't make sense. It's effectively always a ball save on the pro whether it comes up or not.

#3740 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I still think adding a deadpost to the Pro with the software differences doesn't make sense. It's effectively always a ball save pro whether it comes up or not.

Agree with this, also how do you prevent getting the second ball from the auto plunge then? If anything, Stern will make an add on kit down the line for this option. After looking at the pro on location, I can see them doing this as an accessory and then updating the code for the pro to support it.

#3741 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Agree with this, also how do you prevent getting the second ball from the auto plunge then? If anything, Stern will make an add on kit down the line for this option. After looking at the pro on location, I can see them doing this as an accessory and then updating the code for the pro to support it.

Not a chance they want to disaffect their Premium model buyers who might then hold back in the future to see what possible Pro upgrades might be in the works.
You pay a premium for a premium and you get a premium. Pro owners get less for less. Stern isn’t going to mess with that strategy even for short term $ in my opinion.

#3742 1 year ago

No shot it gets added later on, as an add on kit from Stern.

#3743 1 year ago

Anyone started reviewing the game yet? Think it can take out first place?

#3744 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Not a chance they want to disaffect their Premium model buyers who might then hold back in the future to see what possible Pro upgrades might be in the works.
You pay a premium for a premium and you get a premium. Pro owners get less for less. Stern isn’t going to mess with that strategy even for short term $ in my opinion.

I don't disagree with you, but if it is a potential cash grab, I wouldn't be surprised (Stranger Things UV kit comes to mind). I have an LE coming but I really loved the flow of the pro. Looking forward to playing more of it on location.

#3745 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I still think adding a deadpost to the Pro with the software differences doesn't make sense. It's effectively always a ball save on the pro whether it comes up or not.

Yeah, I'm just going to play my Pro and enjoy it as is. The deadpost is a cool gimmick and would be cool the first dozen or so times you see it work, but I'm totally fine with just having a regular old ballsave on my game and not having to worry about missing the save when it's lit and doesn't work as designed.

#3746 1 year ago

Don’t worry about shelling out big bucks for the ff topper, which I predict will be $900. The topper will allow one to purchase and install six Tamagotchi style monsters at $150 each. Total investment with tax and shipping equals $2k. But the topper only cost $900.

#3747 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yeah, I'm just going to play my Pro and enjoy it as is. The deadpost is a cool gimmick and would be cool the first dozen or so times you see it work, but I'm totally fine with just having a regular old ballsave on my game and not having to worry about missing the save when it's lit and doesn't work as designed.

It's risk/reward on the prem/le which is why i believe it starts lit and is easier to light (someone who remembers this more clearly can correct me) and the Pro is harder as it is just a ball save with no player interaction.

#3748 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It's risk/reward on the prem/le which is why i believe it starts lit and is easier to light (someone who remembers this more clearly can correct me) and the Pro is harder as it is just a ball save with no player interaction.

I thought in one of the videos someone said that it gives you the first one on the LE/Premium, meaning that if you miss the attempt it kicks the ball out anyways.-but maybe I heard wrong? That would be interesting if it is easier to light on the Pro vs. Premium. I wonder if there's an audit that tracks the percentage of saves, I would think it would be pretty high but it would largely be dependent on ball speed.

#3749 1 year ago

Got an email from Stern today about the LE I bought through Stern on announcement day. Says LEs are being built now, expected delivery bw April 14 & 21.

9F5752C1-D536-4506-8E0D-29A317C27B15 (resized).png9F5752C1-D536-4506-8E0D-29A317C27B15 (resized).png
#3750 1 year ago

Regarding the deadpost, why did Jack Danger teas us then with the hint for the empty hole on the pro playfields?
just wondering how we could make a mod work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 499.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/75?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.