5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 99.
#3651 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I bet Foo green is on the line as we speak

How many pins does Stern build a week now ? No rush but you know , I really want this prem to land

#3652 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

How many pins does Stern build a week now ? No rush but you know , I really want this prem to land

You have about a month to wait for Prems yet. I don't think LEs are even on the line yet.

#3653 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have about a month to wait for Prems yet. I don't think LEs are even on the line yet.

Agreed, LE's probably next week, the initial 200 PROs I believe haven't been delivered, our operator is waiting on a few of them to be delivered this week hopefully

#3654 1 year ago

Just got shipping info for my location Pro! Should be here in two days. If anyone wants to come check it out it will be a Pizza J in Providence RI

Quoted from tdiddy:

Agreed, LE's probably next week, the initial 200 PROs I believe haven't been delivered, our operator is waiting on a few of them to be delivered this week hopefully

#3655 1 year ago

Latest I heard was LEs on the line at the end of this month, premiums to follow. So how long does it take to run 1000 LEs? 10 working days?

#3656 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Latest I heard was LEs on the line at the end of this month, premiums to follow. So how long does it take to run 1000 LEs? 10 working days?

In the good ol days but I think things are a little slower Post COVID.

#3657 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Yeah, it's sounding like the Pros are rolling out this week for locations and a few lucky homes. The rest of the FF Pro homes will be sad pandas until almost August.

Looking forward to checking out the pro, but really chomping at the bit for my LE to get here.

#3658 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:Yeah, it's sounding like the Pros are rolling out this week for locations and a few lucky homes. The rest of the FF Pro homes will be sad pandas until almost August.
Looking forward to checking out the pro, but really chomping at the bit for my LE to get here.

FF has been on the line since the 17th at least (factory Friday post) possibly a little bit before. Not like "starting", the video shows them boxing them up.
If they can make 100 a day, how can we explain why pros would still be on the line?

Could be that those were a small earlier run for shows. Who knows.

#3659 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

FF has been on the line since the 17th at least (factory Friday post) possibly a little bit before. Not like "starting", the video shows them boxing them up.
If they can make 100 a day, how can we explain why pros would still be on the line?
Could be that those were a small earlier run for shows. Who knows.

They had to make overseas Pros first. Then showroom only Pros and show Pro/Prems. Then location Pros.

#3660 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They had to make overseas Pros first. Then showroom only Pros and show Pro/Prems. Then location Pros.

Wait, they build overseas units first? I might actually get my machine before August! Sweeeet! (there's usually no 'win' for being overseas so I'm taking the "woo" for a change) (I'm UK)

#3661 1 year ago
Quoted from LegoYoda:

Wait, they build overseas units first? I might actually get my machine before August! Sweeeet! (there's usually no 'win' for being overseas so I'm taking the "woo" for a change) (I'm UK)

They need to make some machines to get the kinks out on the line.

#3662 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it's sounding like the Pros are rolling out this week for locations and a few lucky homes. The rest of the FF Pro homes will be sad pandas until almost August.

That LE looks so sharp

#3663 1 year ago

My Foo Fighters Pro has a build date of Feb 24- This was a TPF demo game so I'm assuming that may have been a special run of builds before mass production started.

#3664 1 year ago

FINALLY FF arrived at my local watering hole last night and I spent a good couple hours playing it. Pro version, although a premium is on its way to replace it. Took me a couple games to get dialed in but once I kind of got the feel for it, I was really digging it. Flow is off the charts if you are precise enough. Hit a couple of those fast upper loops and then the upper left ramp, woo wee you're gonna need a cigarette after that! I hit the 6 way super skill shot combo that was awesome too.

Sound and animation was amazing. You do get punished for bricked shots often, although the game never really felt unbalanced. You get a nice mix of quick games and good balls just depending on how well you're shooting. Van ramp is slightly rattley but thats OK. Code is solid at this point and I'm excited to see what future updates bring. On the pro, it definitely does have kind of a lack of mechs and toys but its somewhat easy to get past with its charm and great shooting.

Some of the modes are slightly confusing. Just have to learn the shots better I guess. I didn't find most of the cities taking too many shots ALA rush, but they definitely aren't gimmies. If you stack a multiball with a city, they are pretty easy to pass quickly. I'm sure theres other strategies as well. The 3 main multiball modes at the alien guy are not super intuitive. You start a 2 ball, and then he will lock up 1 of the 2 balls. I think its timed how long he holds it, and you can bash him to raise jackpots? Maybe you bash him enough and it adds a ball? I'm not exactly clear on it, and it will probably confuse rookie players quite a bit when their multiball gets gobbled up 15 seconds into the mode. I'm sure they will smooth that out a bit over time.

Overall, first impressions on the game are very very good. I've been playing a lot of scooby lately, and this game blows scoob out of the water easily. Its also a million times better than Bond.

#3665 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

My Foo Fighters Pro has a build date of Feb 24- This was a TPF demo game so I'm assuming that may have been a special run of builds before mass production started.

Curious how many plays at TPF?

#3666 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I thought the number was 50 a day at peak? At least on a single line.

100 games in an 8 hour work day with zero downtime is one game every 4 minutes and 48 seconds. Doesn't seem reasonable.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3667 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I thought the number was 50 a day at peak? At least on a single line.
100 games in an 8 hour work day with zero downtime is one game every 4 minutes and 48 seconds. Doesn't seem reasonable.

100 per day was mentioned at peak capacity several years ago at the expo tour. They had two lines at that time. I'm sure with the new building coming it will increase more.

#3668 1 year ago
Quoted from LegoYoda:

Pro's and LE's are meant to arrive into New Zealand around June and premiums in August so you should have a good chance of getting yours before August!

#3669 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Curious how many plays at TPF?

So I was a bit surprised with the numbers. 482 Plays, which I can definitely see being the number of games played at TPF. But 745 lifetime plays... wondering if this was not NIB at TPF and was used for play testing or other events beforehand. Not sure how I feel about that as the discount was not that big. On the other hand it plays phenomenally- zero issues as the flow is so great.

IMG_4750 (resized).jpgIMG_4750 (resized).jpg
#3670 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

So I was a bit surprised with the numbers. 482 Plays, which I can definitely see being the number of games played at TPF. But 745 lifetime plays... wondering if this was not NIB at TPF and was used for play testing or other events beforehand. Not sure how I feel about that as the discount was not that big. On the other hand it plays phenomenally- zero issues as the flow is so great.[quoted image]

They had several Foo Pros in Austin TX at an event for SXSW. Maybe yours was there.

#3671 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

So I was a bit surprised with the numbers. 482 Plays, which I can definitely see being the number of games played at TPF. But 745 lifetime plays... wondering if this was not NIB at TPF and was used for play testing or other events beforehand. Not sure how I feel about that as the discount was not that big. On the other hand it plays phenomenally- zero issues as the flow is so great.[quoted image]

This was an issue with a friend's iron maiden when they first came out. Got a demo game and when we went to the convention, it already had a ton of plays on it. Stern had been dragging it along with them for multiple conventions before hand as they didn't have sufficient inventory. He was pissed and let the demo dealer know it and they contacted stern for the bait and switch. He ended up getting a new pin and a bunch of merchandise for the problem. It's NOT supposed to happen. Especially now when it's only a bare $200 difference over a new. They're taking people to the cleaners now on them.

#3672 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

ames played at TPF. But 745 lifetime plays... wondering if this was not NIB at TPF and was used for play testing or other events beforehand. Not sure how I feel about that as the discount was not that big. On the other hand it plays phenomenally- zero iss

Quoted from kermit24:

They had several Rush Pros in Austin TX at an event for SXSW. Maybe yours was there.

yeah good call. probably a SXSW game. Lame if they didn't disclose that. But 260 games, presumably shorter games from people who aren't used to the game yet... not that big of a deal. my GZ still feels brand new at 2000

#3673 1 year ago

1000 plays is Nothing on a Stern.
Don’t worry about it.
745 lifetime plays, majority were likely 4-5min games anyway.

Just double check for any minor servicing needs.

Quoted from Mike_M:

#3674 1 year ago

just as long as they handed you a marco bag of coil stops and rubbers with it

#3675 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

1000 plays is Nothing on a Stern.
Don’t worry about it.
745 lifetime plays, majority were likely 4-5min games anyway.
Just double check for any minor servicing needs.

I licked the flipper buttons clean and am calling it good.

#3676 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

that's it, i'm coming over, see you on friday!

#3677 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

that's it, i'm coming over, see you on friday!

Aww yeah!!! It's going to be a good FNT meet on Friday!

#3678 1 year ago

Ah….The FFs thread .Where soon to be owners have they’re feet up in a Zen like zone

430A97E7-6E36-4C68-940F-311FFCFEBFDF (resized).png430A97E7-6E36-4C68-940F-311FFCFEBFDF (resized).png
#3679 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Ah….The FFs thread .Where soon to be owners have they’re feet up in a Zen like zone
[quoted image]

where you at? Looks awesome!

#3680 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

They’re shows are some of my all time favorites to attend .They never disappoint !

Except when they decide to play 5 boring songs off new album in a 13 or only 15 song set less than 2hr show. Love them and always great live show, but short set list kills me.

#3681 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Difference is likely due to code update that reset the total plays to 0 but lifetime is not reset.

#3682 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

where you at? Looks awesome!

That was Key Largo last year .We’re in Alabama this year I’m putting on a good show ,but as soon as we get back home I’ll be on High Alert for Foo’s landing in homes .

42F09A38-2191-41CD-9733-02F9D1080E36 (resized).jpeg42F09A38-2191-41CD-9733-02F9D1080E36 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3683 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Except when they decide to play 5 boring songs off new album in a 13 or only 15 song set less than 2hr show. Love them and always great live show, but short set list kills me.

Yeah we’re all getting older together Still rocking though .

#3684 1 year ago

Now appearing at Ocelot brewing in Dulles Va!

BC3D8BE3-84DF-41F0-9637-99D8D12D0A64 (resized).jpegBC3D8BE3-84DF-41F0-9637-99D8D12D0A64 (resized).jpeg
#3685 1 year ago

Does anyone know where I can buy a pro translite to frame?

#3686 1 year ago

It's a bit early, but eventually pro translites flow like water for most titles. Tourney prizes, giveaways, you name it.

#3687 1 year ago

Any MSRP LEs available?

#3688 1 year ago

I’m ready

C0040D5E-0BC4-49AB-A1B3-61C939C6888B (resized).jpegC0040D5E-0BC4-49AB-A1B3-61C939C6888B (resized).jpeg
#3689 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's a bit early, but eventually pro translites flow like water for most titles. Tourney prizes, giveaways, you name it.

I figured it was too early, but figured I would ask

#3690 1 year ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Any MSRP LEs available?

I don't know of any, but they're probably out there. Best plan is call around using the Stern Dealer list:

https://sternpinball.com/find-a-dealer/

and if that comes up empty, the Distributor list:

https://sternpinball.com/find-a-distributor/

#3691 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:Now appearing at Ocelot brewing in Dulles Va![quoted image]

Great place! They always have the latest

#3692 1 year ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Any MSRP LEs available?

(resized).png (resized).png
#3693 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

[quoted image]

B...but stock market is crashing! US Banks are failing!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/153196

#3694 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

B...but stock market is crashing! US Banks are failing!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/153196

I put my money in pinball, the stock market is for suckers!

#3695 1 year ago

Does anyone know if they have Bluetooth built in for wireless headphones/speakers?

#3696 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Does anyone know if they have Bluetooth built in for wireless headphones/speakers?

Unlikely. Stern wants to sell you an add-on kit for $100 for wired headphones.

You'd have to make a cable to get RCA jack output from the Spike motherboard, but you could then plug that into the Logitech BT adapter and it would give you BT headphone ability:

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Adapter-Streaming-Wireless-Speakers/dp/B016NUTG5K/

#3697 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Bluetooth + Pinball sucks. The delay kills it. Even when JJP BT worked, it was terrible. Best thing is to use the headphone jack as a line out.

#3698 1 year ago

Non-Bluetooth wireless headphones are an option that’s available. I haven’t tried them but it could solve the issue with wireless needs and Bluetooth lag.

#3699 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I’m ready [quoted image]

I made a quick keychain for mine too!

BC3AD7B8-2C50-4DB3-A93B-54BFBC1910E4 (resized).jpegBC3AD7B8-2C50-4DB3-A93B-54BFBC1910E4 (resized).jpeg
#3700 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unlikely. Stern wants to sell you an add-on kit for $100 for wired headphones.
You'd have to make a cable to get RCA jack output from the Spike motherboard, but you could then plug that into the Logitech BT adapter and it would give you BT headphone ability:
amazon.com link »

Thanks for this.

Looks like they have a “CPU mounted line out” which is probably a fancy way of saying 1/8’ Jack.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/74?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.