5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 99.
#3551 1 year ago

I'm trying to download the 91 code, it goes a few % of code then after about 5 minutes or so the screen goes back to version 85 installed. Should I just manually install code of a stick or any hints to what I may be doing wrong?

#3552 1 year ago
Quoted from smersh:

I'm trying to download the 91 code, it goes a few % of code then after about 5 minutes or so the screen goes back to version 85 installed. Should I just manually install code of a stick or any hints to what I may be doing wrong?

I tried the ic way once, it's still faster for me to load onto a USB. Has never failed, ic is easier for sure, if it works,,,

#3553 1 year ago
Quoted from smersh:

If close enough to your router hard wire it while doing it. I got a long Ethernet from amazon in case of issues.

#3554 1 year ago

Their factory Friday videos are a week old. They posted it this morning at 9 AM. I highly doubt somebody recorded all that and edited it just to get it up between nine and 10 this morning. I am willing to bet LEs are on the line right now.

#3555 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Curious
Anyone know if FF production will be in new factory or
Is Stern still producing at their old location ?

New factory change isn't supposed to be until June-ish, I believe.

#3556 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Their factory Friday videos are a week old. They posted it this morning at 9 AM. I highly doubt somebody recorded all that and edited it just to get it up between nine and 10 this morning. I am willing to bet LEs are on the line right now.

I think this is accurate. They showed Elvira a couple weeks back and we already knew Foo Pros were on the line for disti orders.

#3557 1 year ago

I don’t know about you guys , but Fuck am I happy to have jumped in on the first run of FFs .I’ll just leave it at that

#3558 1 year ago

Definitely looking like next month now to get my LE with the pros still on the line.

#3559 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I don’t know about you guys , but Fuck am I happy to have jumped in on the first run of FFs .I’ll just leave it at that

Mmmmeeeeeeeee too. I never, ever have bought a game NIB without playing - until now. Not regretting that decision AT ALL

Seeing 20+ of them at TPF is just tantalizing torture waiting for 5pm today!!!

#3560 1 year ago

Are there any TPF threads showing games and presentation stream links for those of us stuck on the other side of the world ?

#3561 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Definitely looking like next month now to get my LE with the pros still on the line.

Factory Fridays tend to be the week before's production, so likely LEs are on the line this week.

#3562 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Are there any TPF threads showing games and presentation stream links for those of us stuck on the other side of the world ?

This is a good one: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-for-those-who-can-t-attend-

#3563 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Yes, still convinced this was perfect timing to buy the first pinball ever. counting the days and hope I dont have to count too long.

#3564 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I think LEs were always very late March, but mostly into early April. At least that's what I was told when I ordered an LE.

#3566 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Those are sweet. Which shows have you been to?

Hard to say. Probably 20 overall. For “famous” shows, Taylor’s tribute and Dave’s birthday at the Forum.

#3567 1 year ago

I played the premium a while ago. I must say I had low expectations since I'm not a huge Foo fan. Holy crap was I wrong. Fun game, great integration, music, modes we're funny. I loved it.

#3568 1 year ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

I played the premium a while ago. I must say I had low expectations since I'm not a huge Foo fan. Holy crap was I wrong. Fun game, great integration, music, modes we're funny. I loved it.

More great news for us who blindly ordered a FF

#3569 1 year ago

I was able to play some games real quick on lunch at the Electric Bat arcade in AZ. Pretty fun and flowy, its a winner. Not the biggest fan of Foo Fighters the band though....They also have a GF, wasnt able to play though.

#3570 1 year ago

Just put 5 games on Foo Fighters Premium at TPF. It’s amazing.

#3571 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Just put 5 games on Foo Fighters Premium at TPF. It’s amazing.

How much action in the upper playfield? I am usually Pro but considering Premium here...

#3572 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

How much action in the upper playfield? I am usually Pro but considering Premium here...

Here’s my take on that. The right ramp seemed to be the hardest shot to hit for me. That’s the only way to feed the upper playfield. I’ve heard that the right ramp shot is somewhat dependent on setup.

So, it’s a harder shot to hit so that limits how much the ball is up there however when it is up there I enjoyed the upper playfield play.

The Overlord mech is very cool and looks great. The magnet underneath him is fun but doesn’t affect the ball on the playfield at all.

The dead post is FANTASTIC. I giggled like a school girl the first time I got it. I heard several people whooping and hollering when they got the dead post save.

The pro is great but I’m happy I have a premium.

#3573 1 year ago

At 21:09 in the LE preview, what do you hear?
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1753003427

#3574 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Sounds like Rayday saying," put a camera on the modulator". So maybe he wanted to show off the tech of the paddle target behind the drops?

#3575 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Sounds like Rayday saying "you were hammering that modulator"...meaning the Van upgrade bar

#3576 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Sounds like Rayday saying," put a camera on the modulator". So maybe he wanted to show off the tech of the paddle target behind the drops?

We are mixed, half the house heard camera the other heard hammer. I got excited if it was camera for the inclusion of player photos.

#3577 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Sounds like Rayday saying "you were hammering that modulator"...meaning the Van upgrade bar

That makes more sense. Wishful thinking on my part being camera. I wish the game would hurry up and get here so I can start playing and stop looking for Easter eggs.

#3578 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

That makes more sense. Wishful thinking on my part being camera. I wish the game would hurry up and get here so I can start playing and stop looking for Easter eggs.

I'm ignoring all photos videos code updates and everything else... I want the first 50 games or so to be kind of an adventure to figure stuff out

#3579 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm ignoring all photos videos code updates and everything else... I want the first 50 games or so to be kind of an adventure to figure stuff out

I’m on the same page as you with this.

#3580 1 year ago

I spoke to JJ at Games Exchange here at TPF today and confirmed, yep, late April for Premiums now.

That said, I've put about 5 games on the Pro and 3 on the Prem. Either one you get: you win.

The hype on this one is real. Like Johnny Mnemonic in terms of speed without the glove slowing things down.

If you pre-ordered a Prem to be delivered in April....you going to be glad you did.

#3581 1 year ago

I thought I read that Karl streamed FF about a week ago, but I can't find it online anywhere. Can anyone provide a link? Thanks

#3582 1 year ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I thought I read that Karl streamed FF about a week ago, but I can't find it online anywhere. Can anyone provide a link? Thanks

He did Scooby then the next week Godfather, but I didn't see Foo streamed by him. Jack Danger did two streams, though.

#3583 1 year ago

Laser los has recent Foos streams

#3584 1 year ago

EB3C7737-28F0-457C-B587-C95FFD947609 (resized).jpegEB3C7737-28F0-457C-B587-C95FFD947609 (resized).jpeg

#3586 1 year ago

I’m wondering how this game will stack up to my two favorite Sterns, GZ and DP. The three games generally play the same mode wise. Start battles and hit the lit shots. DP was so good but I ended up selling to fund GZ which is like DP 2.0. GZ is great though with having other things to go for other than battles and many times I won’t even start a battle when playing as I’m trying to do other things. With DP it was always doing the battles.

Hoping FF code has the “width” as much as the depth. I’m in on a first run for the pro model home use and distributor said it’s expected in May.

#3587 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

A little Friday BTS for ya!
Dreaming up the “Area 51” for the pro model of Foo Fighters Pinball.
I knew I wanted to fill this space in, since we didn’t have the upper playfield, but I wanted something more than just a flat plastic.
A stack of plastics that the ball could go THROUGH was the goal, to give the feel of coming through the doors of Area 51.
Mix that with awesome Zombie Yeti Studios art, and you get this bad boy! ❤️
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hey Jack, @deadflip

"People" are claiming the "death save post" HOLE is actually drilled in all the playfields?
Is this true?
I figured it was not, it was just the same artwork so it makes it LOOK like its there on the Pro.

thanks

#3588 1 year ago

I hope Jack replies. However, it sure looks like it’s the same playfield and they used a small piece of metal to cover the hole. They even provided a notch in the apron for us pro guys.

Quoted from pinbuoy:

Hey Jack, DeadFlip
"People" are claiming the "death save post" HOLE is actually drilled in all the playfields?
Is this true?
I figured it was not, it was just the same artwork so it makes it LOOK like its there on the Pro.
thanks

ABD66E70-CB6D-469B-AC77-8406DB090466 (resized).jpegABD66E70-CB6D-469B-AC77-8406DB090466 (resized).jpeg
#3589 1 year ago

Here is the pro on the line

F564625A-7573-49F0-B0EB-AC35FE7E6498 (resized).pngF564625A-7573-49F0-B0EB-AC35FE7E6498 (resized).png
#3590 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Hey Jack, DeadFlip
Is this true?
thanks

Having seen them in person, it’s the same.

#3591 1 year ago

Jack said hole was there but not wiring or coded. You could do a post that’s always up.

#3592 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're not "just" RGB strips. They're RGB strips connected to mini-node boards. THAT'S the hurdle. The electronics that drive them are specific to Stern. Also, once you have them, you can get expression-lit speaker light lits and under cab, too. Opens up a lot of possibilities for immersive lighting on a music pin.[quoted image]

Ah, cool. I didnt know they were connecte to a propriatry node board (I kinda assume there was a generic "data out" on something... ah well, never mind...

#3593 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Jack said hole was there but not wiring or coded. You could do a post that’s always up.

if you were going to make it always on, it would be less effort to just put a rubber band over the left outlane

#3594 1 year ago

Jack was kind enough to sign my translite for my TPF premium this morning.

7416D1E1-168F-4BBC-92D7-018343676E25 (resized).jpeg7416D1E1-168F-4BBC-92D7-018343676E25 (resized).jpegC41AB6D7-1120-40B0-ADF0-3F58D7DF2695 (resized).jpegC41AB6D7-1120-40B0-ADF0-3F58D7DF2695 (resized).jpeg
#3595 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

So what's the trigger scenarios in the game that decides if this activates?

could a modder create this up/down post and tie it into a existing switch, light, or trigger and some electronics that replicates/simulate or even randomize it to come close to the code experience?... I dunno how it works in the game so ....curious...

#3596 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

could a modder create this up/down post and tie it into a existing switch, light, or trigger and some electronics that replicates/simulate or even randomize it to come close to the code experience?... I dunno how it works in the game so ....curious...

You can solve any pinball problem with a 3D printer and LEDs for $300 so why not.

#3597 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Overdrive has to be lit as an outlane ball save. On the Premium, ball hits the outlane and the post pops up. On a pro, ball hits the outlane and you get a ball save from autolaunch. So you'd have to see if there is a setting to disable autolaunch (or maybe just let it launch and let one ball drain?) as a first step to replicate the Premium action, I believe.

#3598 1 year ago

Wire your own post in, load premium code, profit? YOLO

#3599 1 year ago

Foo fighters pro is in the taproom at Madcap brew co Kent Ohio.

PXL_20230325_163004251.jpgPXL_20230325_163004251.jpgPXL_20230325_165912037.jpgPXL_20230325_165912037.jpg
#3600 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Wire your own post in, load premium code, profit? YOLO

Given that the premium code also has code for the upper playfield and the magnet below the Overlord sculpt as well as the sculpt itself I’m not sure how that would work?

My guess is Stern will have to put out a kit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, NC
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Croton-on-hudson, NY
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
Playfield - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/72?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.