5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 99.
#251 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

WAT? You saw some animations and heard a FF song. We have no idea if the game will be cool. We know literally nothing about it.

He’s hyped about foos and the teaser fired him up.

If it were Judas Priest or sabbath that’s all it would take for me also.

#252 1 year ago
Quoted from karl:

It was meant as a joke, because of all the talk about dad jokes.

Not funny and a bad take by the community. Nobody would have the balls to call it dad rock to someone’s face because frankly most metal heads wouldn’t take it as a joke and would love to discuss it with you civilly in a mosh pit (:

#254 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Nobody would have the balls to call it dad rock to someone’s face

"With ages ranging from 45 to 58, most of the members from Foo Fighters are fathers and were overjoyed when Channel NewsAsia called them a "dad band"."

#255 1 year ago

Wow they didn’t even beat the interviewer up!

#256 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They're so cute when they're fresh-faced.
[quoted image]

Que?

#257 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Foo fighters are not metal.

Is it metal to have your drains clogged with dead rotting employees?

#258 1 year ago

another rock game...wonderful.

#259 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Is it metal to have your drains clogged with dead rotting employees?

Did I miss something?

That dad rock interview took a
Dark turn !!

#260 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Foo fighters are not metal.

They’re most definitely not.

#261 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

What’s with people calling classic rock and metal dad rock? You pinball people do know younger kids listen to a lot of these bands right? Go to any bar in any city and their music is still on because it’s timeless. Some of you guys are clueless when it comes to music I’m sorry.

I agree about the clueless comment, I also work in and around the enthusiasts you speak about. The virtually 100% of bar going band patrons in today's economy are NOT BUYING ANY PINBALL MACHINE new or old or whatever. If the operators can make $ on the units, that they put into those establishments, I think that is great! If Pinside sustains the desired profit margin, on any title, then you know Stern has perfected their cost to produce. Auto Manufacturers sure have tossed 85% of the country in the pail, I guess Stern is following, that same prescription. Has anyone looked at average new car transaction numbers, and then really looked at the body of product available, and said "STOP IT" with a phony sarcastic European accent? I sure have, and I can indulge myself, in whatever I want.

#262 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

yet no one has seen a damn thing except for some teaser animations and are already assuming its going to be incredible. Playfields matter! I also like what stern has put out lately, but i think it's quite ballsy to fork out big bucks without even seeing a single screen shot of what the actual game looks like.

It's mostly because the pedigree of the team bodes well and this isn't going to be a normal "feature the band playing" music pin:

Jack on playfield design (JP The Pin did a LOT with a LITTLE)
Tanio on code (his Deadpool code is one of Stern's best of the Stern post-almost-bankrupt period)
Zombie Yeti on art (he's got a gift for illustration, the more fantastical the subject matter, the better)

If that was a slot machine, it'd be a 7-7-7 centerline jackpot. The only question left is, what's the payout?

#263 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Did I miss something?

You did, but now I get to bless your day with the reference.

#264 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dave is actually funny.
Rush...I tried hard to like it, but the band are just such doofuses I couldn't get into it. If I want endless Canadian dad jokes I'll go to a JWJ thread.

How DARE you?!

#265 1 year ago
Quoted from zaki:

another rock game...wonderful.

What do you want? Country Music?

"There's a pin-ball in my beer,
and I'm Tilt'in for you dear.....
You, are a jack-pot in my mind"

#266 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

This just looks way better than anything released in 222

Please attach all the pics of this game?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#267 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"With ages ranging from 45 to 58, most of the members from Foo Fighters are fathers and were overjoyed when Channel NewsAsia called them a "dad band"."

They talk about which minivan they drive on stage. They know their audience.

#268 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Like I said, I expect this to have a lot of heart and band involvement. Much like Rush, I think the hardcore fans will LOVE this game as they'll really feel like it's for them.
Unlike Rush, the music isn't horrible, and the soundtrack won't be endless groaner Canadian dad jokes, so those of us who aren't hardcore fans may be able to get into it also.

How DARE You?!

#269 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Please attach all the pics of this game?

Seriously? 2022 sucked. The bar is so low a teaser looks better than anything than last year imo

#270 1 year ago

MapleSyrup and CrazyLevi need to sit down over a couple bottles of Canada’s finest maple syrup and work this out. I feel like a peace can be had.

#271 1 year ago

So the thing that makes Rush such a fantastic band pin(I would argue the best band pin) is that the band had a lot of involvement in the game itself, including a lot of the recorded bits. Clearly, it was a game of love for the designers and the band itself. If Foo Fighters takes the same approach, I think this game will be a wonderful game. I don’t feel that a lot of the other band games have that same feel.

#272 1 year ago

Don’t worry no big deal. Rush is now heading to the great white north where it belongs and the Canadians in question couldn’t be happier!

So long Rush! May your new home be your forever home.

#273 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don’t worry no big deal. Rush is now heading to the great white north where it belongs and the Canadians in question couldn’t be happier!

I was a big rush fan when I was 20. But I can admit they’re very dorky. Like wrestling, I wouldn’t tell girls I liked them for fear I’d be labeled a nerd, geek, etc. their shows are literally 99% wiener

#274 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Seriously? 2022 sucked. The bar is so low a teaser looks better than anything than last year imo

Yes seriously... barely see anything in the teaser.. will wait to see the full release and then posted pictures ...
Hope it's good ... will wait and see.

#275 1 year ago

**this is not art from the game, but this IS Zombie Yeti poster art he did for Foo Fighters
https://zombieyeti.bigcartel.com/product/foo-fighters-2021-albuquerque-gigposter

I wonder if we'll see some kind of similar "fun" artwork for this game. If the band already approved this style in the past, it has me super excited now.

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg (resized).jpgezgif.com-webp-to-jpg (resized).jpg
#276 1 year ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

I agree about the clueless comment, I also work in and around the enthusiasts you speak about. The % of bar going band patrons in today's economy are NOT BUYING ANY PINBALL MACHINE new or old or whatever. If the operators can make $ on the units, that they put into those establishments, I think that is great! If Pinside sustains the desired profit margin, on any title, then you know Stern has perfected their cost to produce. Auto Manufacturers sure have tossed 85% of the country in the pail, I guess Stern is following, that same prescription. Has anyone looked at average new car transaction numbers, and then really looked at the body of product available, and said "STOP IT" with a phony sarcastic European accent? I sure have, and I can indulge myself, in whatever I want.

I feel you with the car thing. It’s messed up. But pinball isn’t necessary like a car is. Let’s be honest it’s a luxury toy. I put literally everything on the necessity list before pinball even tattoos. Lol

#277 1 year ago

Question for all of those who are planning to get a FF:

Shouldn’t this thread be titled “There goes my hero(money)!” instead? Seems appropriate

Don’t worry @maplesyrup, there’s plenty of us Rush fan/owners around. Thank you for your part

#278 1 year ago

I defy anyone to make a better music pin than IMDN, smokes everything in my opinion.

Quoted from orangedude71:

So the thing that makes Rush such a fantastic band pin(I would argue the best band pin) is that the band had a lot of involvement in the game itself, including a lot of the recorded bits. Clearly, it was a game of love for the designers and the band itself. If Foo Fighters takes the same approach, I think this game will be a wonderful game. I don’t feel that a lot of the other band games have that same feel.

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

I was a big rush fan when I was 20. But I can admit they’re very dorky. Like wrestling, I wouldn’t tell girls I liked them for fear I’d be labeled a nerd, geek, etc. their shows are literally 99% wiener

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Yes seriously... barely see anything in the teaser.. will wait to see the full release and then posted pictures ...
Hope it's good ... will wait and see.

What game from 22 are you so loving?

#280 1 year ago

Wait...did you change your avatar to say "DAD" just for that reply?

Elissa_Spit_Take.gifElissa_Spit_Take.gif
#281 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I defy anyone to make a better music pin than IMDN, smokes everything in my opinion.

With the next run, I will have owned Maiden THREE times (Pro-Prem-Prem).

Nevermind the excuse for the third time is to "check measurements" on some change Stern made so I can make the Anubis 3D work on them again.

Looking forward to having it again, if only for a while.

#282 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

For some such as myself, this is a grail theme so easy decision for LE or purchase sight unseen... For some it's not ... Great thing about freedom of choice... All I know is this is hitting the exact notes I hoped it would so far...
I was hoping for a themed based rock pin paying tribute to "fighting" something... In this case the origins of the bands name literally.. so combining that with aliens, awesome rock which included songs I'm sure not many have not heard outside of radio play...
And a side of comedy with Easter eggs aplenty ...toss in an A list design team.. and it's got the potential for greatness

I’d that exact note you were looking for an L# ?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#283 1 year ago

JJP just announced Harry Potter

#284 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

JJP just announced Harry Potter

Lol

#285 1 year ago

Godfather could have been ridiculous just all sorts of weird for pinball I’m bummed

#286 1 year ago

GTF pix just leaked

#287 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

GTF pix just leaked

Where?

#288 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

GTF pix just leaked

Feb/March is shaping up to be really exciting for pinball!!

#289 1 year ago

Wonder if Taylor Hawkins will be "Phil Rudded" out of the artwork like Stern did with AC/DC after Phil Rudd got the boot before the second run.

#290 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

GTF pix just leaked

Trying to get some leverage now that GTF, FooFighters, Twilight Zone, and Harry Potter are in the conversation all at once? Good on AP.

#291 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Wonder if Taylor Hawkins will be "Phil Rudded" out of the artwork like Stern did with AC/DC after Phil Rudd got the boot before the second run.

I 100% doubt that. If anything I wouldn't be surprised to see a dedication of the pin to his memory.

#292 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Trying to get some leverage now that GTF, FooFighters, Twilight Zone, and Harry Potter are in the conversation all at once? Good on AP.

Everybody jumpin in the pool now I love it

#294 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Not all the same thing and isn't Phil Rudd back with AC/DC now.

#295 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Umm phil didn’t die he got arrested for going on a meth binge and trying to hire a hit man. That’s why he isn’t on the vault.

Taylor is in the teaser and will obviously be all over the pin.

#296 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Yes phil played in their album last year.

#297 1 year ago

Interested in jacks first game but idk about a $13k le at 1000 total. I only do LEs

#298 1 year ago

Levi could probably drink Dave under the table.

Looking forward to another excellent rock band pin.

#299 1 year ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

from pinballnews: It appears as though the pinball will feature an alien invasion theme, with the band saving the Earth, Ghostbusters-style. That theme would be fitting given the term ‘Foo Fighter’ was used by pilots to refer to an unidentified flying object (UFO) during World War Two.

Great angle for game play

#300 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Quoted from Darscot:

Right. But when he was out of the band, he wasn’t in the game. I do realize that the circumstances are very different, but assuming their new drummer is a bonafide member and not just a hired gun, he might eventually show up in the game perhaps in a code update or something. Not really important, just a passing thought.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Prescott, WI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 499.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 16.50
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/6?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.