5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 99.
#3351 12 months ago

personally I am going to just print these ZY concert posters for my personal game room. if they were available commercially and I thought ZY would see any of the money I'd buy em.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3352 12 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

personally I am going to just print these ZY concert posters for my personal game room. if they were available commercially and I thought ZY would see any of the money I'd buy em.

Yeah that is fair. Just donā€™t expect the dpi to be very great on them for printing. If you make them small enough, should still come out okay.

#3353 12 months ago

ZY should sell all those on his website now!

#3354 12 months ago

Got this on first game ever! This is definitely a fun banger. Iā€™m sure you will see some high scores on this machine similar to Deadpool. This would be fun to play with groups!

B25043F1-4172-4F90-9838-AD1F57CACABB (resized).jpegB25043F1-4172-4F90-9838-AD1F57CACABB (resized).jpeg
#3355 12 months ago

I already spoke with zombie yeti about the posters and he can only sell a small amount on site per band contract. He has no say over it he said.

#3356 12 months ago

Any word on if the LE run has started?

#3357 12 months ago

Which thread is the actual owner thread?

#3358 12 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Which thread is the actual owner thread?

Is there an owners thread?

#3359 12 months ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Where did you find it? I've been looking for some posters but couldn't find this specific one.

I found it at inside the posterā€¦never shopped there before, found it on a goog search.

24FCFB14-F779-4693-8A85-229AE4B4F99E (resized).jpeg24FCFB14-F779-4693-8A85-229AE4B4F99E (resized).jpeg
#3360 12 months ago

I always replace the crappy sling Rubbers and flipper Rubbers immediately when I get a new game. Any thoughts on colors that would look good with this particular playfield?

Screenshot_20230320_221448_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230320_221448_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3361 12 months ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

I always replace the crappy sling Rubbers and flipper Rubbers immediately when I get a new game. Any thoughts on colors that would look good with this particular playfield?
[quoted image]

I think purple or green

#3362 12 months ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

[quoted image]

I go translucent perfect play on everything now, let's more light in. And easier than ordering so many diff colors.

#3363 12 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Is there an owners thread?

This thread is more fun.

#3364 12 months ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

[quoted image]

Gold on the bottom flippers.

#3365 12 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think purple or green

Maybe glow in the dark green or red

#3366 12 months ago

Zero pins at home until foo and gf arrive. Iā€™m very stoked for too soon!!!!!!

#3367 12 months ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Would have been great to see Dave in his classic black jeans (pretty sure that is all he owns), but I understand color wise why they went with blue.

What?! Thatā€™s it! Iā€™m out! Who wants my LE?

#3368 12 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Zero pins at home

Lol seems like a bunch of us walked away and got sucked back in!

#3369 12 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Lol seems like a bunch of us walked away and got sucked back in!

I just sold/traded and it all happened at once.
Now Iā€™m bored until they arrive.

#3370 12 months ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

What?! Thatā€™s it! Iā€™m out! Who wants my LE?

More LE for me! :p

I mean they are animated looking, so a lot is different. I imagine they have more rubbery skin for instance. It was more just a funny observation because it seems like Dave may actually only own black jeans from when Iā€™ve seen him over the years (okay, probably not so, but still).

#3371 12 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I go translucent perfect play on everything now, let's more light in. And easier than ordering so many diff colors.

They look nice on games that are more for show and don't get played much, but in my experience they don't have enough durability. Had some falling apart after less than 250 games. holes through the post rubbers, even.

#3372 12 months ago
Quoted from PinRat:

They look nice on games that are more for show and don't get played much, but in my experience they don't have enough durability. Had some falling apart after less than 250 games. holes through the post rubbers, even.

the multi-kit from marco are bullet-proof imo..haven't had a single issue with them..they are in the ziplock tuperware and cost $45 (probably more now)..a great savings on about enough rub to cover 3-4 pins..

#3373 12 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

personally I am going to just print these ZY concert posters for my personal game room. if they were available commercially and I thought ZY would see any of the money I'd buy em. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Iā€™ve found 1600x versions of some. Canā€™t find the Albuquerque one though and thatā€™s my favorite.

FF has a ton of awesome art out there though!
ZY and others. Will look great next to pins.

06587C1C-320F-421A-8BCF-294467AC560E.jpeg06587C1C-320F-421A-8BCF-294467AC560E.jpeg1431BC1A-C095-4200-AECF-37EB60668E19.jpeg1431BC1A-C095-4200-AECF-37EB60668E19.jpegB09DD034-CC7F-439C-AB05-F24FA075986A.jpegB09DD034-CC7F-439C-AB05-F24FA075986A.jpegB2814EFC-F521-4C1D-B135-2391C9A40BF6.jpegB2814EFC-F521-4C1D-B135-2391C9A40BF6.jpeg
#3374 12 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Zero pins at home until foo and gf arrive. Iā€™m very stoked for too soon!!!!!!

Same, I have other games but kept trading up and up to get a really nice pin. First MIB was ACDC proVault then traded up to DP, now that's sold to fund a Prem, which I really should be buying the pro, since we're going on too many vacations already....but I have a wonderful wife.

I NEVER thought I'd buy a premium!

#3375 12 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I def did translucent slings on DP, helped out quite a bit

#3376 12 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

the multi-kit from marco are bullet-proof imo..haven't had a single issue with them..they are in the ziplock tuperware and cost $45 (probably more now)..a great savings on about enough rub to cover 3-4 pins..

Just ordered a set Sunday. $40 before tax

#3377 12 months ago
Quoted from radium:

Iā€™ve found 1600x versions of some. Canā€™t find the Albuquerque one though and thatā€™s my favorite.
FF has a ton of awesome art out there though!
ZY and others. Will look great next to pins.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are amazing !

#3378 12 months ago
Quoted from PinRat:

I've never had an issue with them and I've been using those for years but if you specifically mean silicone post sleeves then I have tried them all and none of them hold up when close to the flipper in a direct path.

#3379 12 months ago

Interesting, maybe they weren't from the source I thought they were. They were on the Mandalorian I got through Pinball Refinery and I was not thrilled with them at all

#3380 12 months ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

[quoted image]

I'm planning to continue the red gold theme of the plastics with gold halo precision flippers and red superbands.

#3381 12 months ago

I've been using cliffy colored silicon post sleeves for years. They are durable and easy to clean and last. I haven't had to replace any.

Quoted from Waxx:

I've never had an issue with them and I've been using those for years but if you specifically mean silicone post sleeves then I have tried them all and none of them hold up when close to the flipper in a direct path.

#3382 12 months ago

Watched a bit of Laser Los streaming Foos last night, and it looks like a blast to shoot. My code concerns are still creeping in, though, especially when a player of his caliber is asking how long some of the modes are.

As an avid, but still intermediate, player, I really appreciate games where modes have some challenge but are still beatable with good strategy. Maiden and TMNT come to mind, as does Tanio's work on Deadpool. Knowing that I can beat the modes but still have to string something together to get to the mini wizards/wizards keeps me coming back.

Rush, on the other hand, never felt satisfying in this regard. I never beat all 6 song modes in a game before letting it go ā€“ I got tired of grinding through Working Man and Limelight (a song I absolutely adore) and often would end up hating having to play those songs. I'm worried Ray is taking FF in that direction by making the modes last a bit too long, at least as far as I am watching in early streams.

That said, code is in its infancy and a lot can change. I'd like to see one of two options:

- Fewer shots to complete the modes
- Visits to the mini wizard cities opening up by playing 3 modes instead of having to beat them entirely

Curious for anyone else's thoughts. I'm pretty pumped on this game as a pure shooter alone, but I'm wondering if anyone else has enough time on it to comment on how the modes feel when you're really getting into it.

#3383 12 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Watched a bit of Laser Los streaming Foos last night, and it looks like a blast to shoot. My code concerns are still creeping in, though, especially when a player of his caliber is asking how long some of the modes are.
As an avid, but still intermediate, player, I really appreciate games where modes have some challenge but are still beatable with good strategy. Maiden and TMNT come to mind, as does Tanio's work on Deadpool. Knowing that I can beat the modes but still have to string something together to get to the mini wizards/wizards keeps me coming back.
Rush, on the other hand, never felt satisfying in this regard. I never beat all 6 song modes in a game before letting it go ā€“ I got tired of grinding through Working Man and Limelight (a song I absolutely adore) and often would end up hating having to play those songs. I'm worried Ray is taking FF in that direction by making the modes last a bit too long, at least as far as I am watching in early streams.
That said, code is in its infancy and a lot can change. I'd like to see one of two options:
- Visits to the mini wizard cities opening up by playing 3 modes instead of having to beat them entirely
Curious for anyone else's thoughts. I'm pretty pumped on this game as a pure shooter alone, but I'm wondering if anyone else has enough time on it to comment on how the modes feel when you're really getting into it.

Did you play with the settings on Rush? I thought a lot of that difficulty was adjustable?

#3384 12 months ago
Quoted from PinRat:

That's not true at all here, 1000+ plays on gz, rush, metallica and ehoh, only ones I've replaced were slings on gz, due to how dirty they got. Have never heard of anyone with durability issues.

#3385 12 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Did you play with the settings on Rush? I thought a lot of that difficulty was adjustable?

Yeah, I would think the mode difficulties should be adjustable per mode.

I think I'll be glad if they're a little difficult to complete as looking at the playfield, it doesn't really seem like there's much else to qualify the final wizard modes other than the van modes + the two mini-wizard counterparts that play off...the van modes.

#3386 12 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Admittedly I did not - considered it, and maybe that will be the play with FF. I guess I just like some quick hitter modes lol. Play better right? I am just hoping there is more balance out of the box on this one - Foos songs aren't as long as Rush ones, so not a big need to have long modes imo.

#3387 12 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Admittedly I did not - considered it, and maybe that will be the play with FF. I guess I just like some quick hitter modes lol. Play better right? I am just hoping there is more balance out of the box on this one - Foos songs aren't as long as Rush ones, so not a big need to have long modes imo.

Itā€™s a balance for sure. They donā€™t want the game too easy to get through and they need to solve for many different skill levels. Thatā€™s why I asked about the settings. Thatā€™s usually how you can make things easier if you want.

#3388 12 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I've been using cliffy colored silicon post sleeves for years. They are durable and easy to clean and last. I haven't had to replace any.

Cliffy are definitely the only silicone post sleeves I hear good things about but I just don't put together orders from him on those. I should probably finally try them after everything else. I bet that left ramp post sleeve takes a beating.

#3389 12 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I've been using cliffy colored silicon post sleeves for years.

They technically fit on Stern games, but they're too thick. Cliffy says his are for Williams and Stern, which... uh, nope. Those are two different sizes.

Won't make a difference in most places, but someone had put them on my TWD pro ramp posts. Made the Riot shot almost impossibly tight. Switched to Pinball Life silicone posts sleeves, which are actually sized differently for Stern vs. Williams, huge difference. Sometimes a millimeter matters.

#3390 12 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

My code concerns are still creeping in, though, especially when a player of his caliber is asking how long some of the modes are.

Ughhh, if this thing has Rush modes where everything is a thousand colored arrows, I'm out.

K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple (I'm) Stupid. Gigan, hit the ramps. Ebirah, hit the spinners. Stack it with some other stuff. That's enough complexity.

#3391 12 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I'm worried Ray is taking FF in that direction by making the modes last a bit too long, at least as far as I am watching in early streams.

I feel like some of these guys are just making games to challenge Karl. Like you said, if even Los is questioning the mode length, jesus.

#3392 12 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

I feel like some of these guys are just making games to challenge Karl. Like you said, if even Los is questioning the mode length, jesus.

Yeah I think Iā€™m remembering on stream Raymond saying something like 12 or 14 shots for the modes. If it is then that seems like a lot. Maybe it will play shorter with a van powerup though. I think one of the powers is fewer mode shots.

#3393 12 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Maybe it will play shorter with a van powerup though. I think one of the powers is fewer mode shots.

Sounds even more like Rush. Van = time machine.

#3394 12 months ago

TPF is going to be FUN! 23 FF!
Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 12.16.15 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-21 at 12.16.15 PM (resized).png

#3395 12 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

TPF is going to be FUN! 23 FF!
[quoted image]

Thatā€™s a lot of FOO!

#3396 12 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I forget which drop it is, but out of the 3, if you light a certain drop and then bash the target behind all the drops, it will lessen the amount of shots needed to complete the mode. They mentioned this on the stream.

#3397 12 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Maiden has it right with length of modes.

Too many shots and it becomes a wood choppers delight.

Games are becoming too long to play.

An hour to get to the main wizard mode is too long.

Focus on breadth, with high value rewards.

Icarus on Maiden a great example - can finish mode early or continue for massive points.

#3398 12 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yeah I think Iā€™m remembering on stream Raymond saying something like 12 or 14 shots for the modes. If it is then that seems like a lot. Maybe it will play shorter with a van powerup though. I think one of the powers is fewer mode shots.

Yeah, I remember him saying 14 on stream and on the insider podcast. I hope that doesn't mean 14 for EVERY mode. I know there are the van mods, but even then it feels like too many.

I love some of the quicker modes on IMDN (Fear of the Dark) or TMNT (whatever the raygun one is called) where you've gotta go shot/spinner or shot/target three times and then a finishing blow. Mixing in something like that, where you can get the quick dopamine hit of completing the mode, makes the grinders more tolerable (unless the grinder is Working Man). Same to the commenter above who mentioned GZ and the simple objectives for certain modes. Blend those together with some roving shot modes (I think Run is one) and a few more complexities and we're golden.

#3399 12 months ago

Wow what a problem to have.Im waiting on Foo Too,people in other threads have no modes to worry about(BOND)

#3400 12 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Wow what a problem to have.Im waiting on Foo Too,people in other threads have no modes to worry about(BOND)

LOL first world problems, I know. This gave me a good chuckle.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
8,999 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 24.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.