5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 99.
#3301 1 year ago

I would keep the 2 Borgs and Elwin bolted.

LZ & AC/DC would be next to go IMO

Quoted from Diamond:

I need to move one to the theater room in the basement to make room for Ff LE coming soon. I know I’m putting it in the spot where Luci sits now. Luci or Metallica have to go I can’t decide. Any thoughts on which one would be best/ more popular to play for guests.
[quoted image]

#3302 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I need to move one to the theater room in the basement to make room for Ff LE coming soon. I know I’m putting it in the spot where Luci sits now. Luci or Metallica have to go I can’t decide. Any thoughts on which one would be best/ more popular to play for guests.
[quoted image]

Luci just looks better!

#3303 1 year ago

Somebody mentioned in here I think about mod ideas for that spotlight by the left ramp, It seems like this could be a good candidate for the 3d printers on here, even if it's just the satellite bird sitting on top of the spotlight, feel like it would add something cool and funny.

bird (resized).pngbird (resized).png
#3304 1 year ago
Quoted from MrNurbtastic:

Somebody mentioned in here I think about mod ideas for that spotlight by the left ramp, It seems like this could be a good candidate for the 3d printers on here, even if it's just the satellite bird sitting on top of the spotlight, feel like it would add something cool and funny.
[quoted image]

when you get replay the dove sounds as if it takes a picture with its mechanical eye. Curious if the topper will have a camera and display pictures like the JJ’s.

#3305 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

when you get replay the dove sounds as if it takes a picture with its mechanical eye. Curious if the topper will have a camera and display pictures like the JJ’s.

I noticed that replay animation as well in streams, that's why I was thinking maybe a mod with one would be cool.

#3306 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

DeadFlip pulling Stern another inch forward into the tech future? Yesplease. Especially if a topper camera is as well-integrated as the one at the bottom of the backglass in Godfather. Putting pictures taken in game (instead of just at the end for HS like jjGnR/jjPotC) for the instant info "crimes" file is great theme integration for GF.
godfather-rap-sheet-instant-info (resized).jpggodfather-rap-sheet-instant-info (resized).jpg

#3307 1 year ago

Gonna just say that I absolutely hate games with cameras taking my photo. Big pass, no thanks, do not want.

#3308 1 year ago

Happened to be making a visit to CoinTaker for the day yesterday with a couple friends - didn't realize they were already going to have FF to play. I think I got about 10 or so games on it. We were typically playing three player games, so I think overall I played/watched around three hours of the game (we were there from about 2:30pm until just before they closed at 9).

I had expected it to be pretty fun from the videos I've seen and it did not disappoint. I'm not a fan of FF music for the most part (I don't hate hearing them, but my tastes are uncommon - no manufacturer will ever make a music pin themed for anything I'd be excited to hear ). So, it'd be hard for me to decide to spend the money on a pin themed for them, but this game definitely had me considering it. The playfield layout is a lot of fun, the animations are some of the best I've seen on any machine, the theming actually made me enjoy listening to those songs for the hours of play, and the code so far allows plenty to do.

Is the chiptuney/electro-poppy version of Monkey Wrench that plays during the bot frenzy mode unique/original to this game and are there other alternative arrangements of songs in the game? I love details like that.

Overall, for the whatever it's worth, this is easily my favorite Stern in years.

#3309 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Gonna just say that I absolutely hate games with cameras taking my photo. Big pass, no thanks, do not want.

I do think this is a feature that will if it hasn't already eventually pull the younger people in. Especially if it can be sent to their phones/email etc to post on social media.

#3310 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Fortunately, there's a switch for that in the settings. On or off, at the owner's pleasure. On location, flipper bypass is built in for JJP games to prevent the camera from taking pics.

#3311 1 year ago
Quoted from waveform:

Is the chiptuney/electro-poppy version of Monkey Wrench that plays during the bot frenzy mode unique/original to this game and are there other alternative arrangements of songs in the game? I love details like that.

If I'm not mistaken, Tanio said that was an arrangement he made himself for Bot Frenzy, somebody asked about it during the streams during SXSW and I believe Tanio said he arranged it.

#3312 1 year ago

Call me crazy, but this exclusive art alone on the back box was a instant must have. Love the black light art.

F54D0816-156E-40E5-92AB-6FBC44E23D50 (resized).jpegF54D0816-156E-40E5-92AB-6FBC44E23D50 (resized).jpeg
#3313 1 year ago
Quoted from MrNurbtastic:

If I'm not mistaken, Tanio said that was an arrangement he made himself for Bot Frenzy, somebody asked about it during the streams during SXSW and I believe Tanio said he arranged it.

Tanio is a great asset to Stern. Wonder what ever happened to the pinball control system he was building with Jeri Ellsworth before he went to Stern and she moved to making the Tilt Five. Seems like it was abandoned.

#3314 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Call me crazy, but this exclusive art alone on the back box was a instant must have. Love the black light art.
[quoted image]

Oh wow I hadn't noticed that. That does look cool.

I thought all the art on LE was just a recolor. Would be great if all 3 had unique art but I am also totally down with the decisions like mirroring cabinet sides and even recoloring between two editions if it means more time spent on fewer drawings. And this art package is incredible. But I'm glad to see the LE guys got a little bit of unique art there.

#3315 1 year ago

Man, I need an 18x24 Foo print from ZY now, to accompany the game. I've got art for every game I buy, and of course, all of ZYs prints are long sold out!

#3316 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

[quoted image]

I have the exact same decision, IM is gone to make room for FF!

#3317 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I have the exact same decision, IM is gone to make room for FF!

Maiden Prem before Elvis? Is this real life?

#3318 1 year ago

I'm rewatching a stream of Laser Los (Carlos Delasarda for any tourney people) and Jack was in there, and he confirmed in the chat at the time that during Bot Frenzy, there will be chiptune-versions of all the songs in that mode! SO effin cool! Looking forward to it and probably is just a snippet of what's to come.

#3319 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

All the visitors who have come over and played GNR have loved and got a big laugh out of having their picture taken with Slash .
You can always turn it off .

#3320 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

All the visitors who have come over and played GNR have loved and got a big laugh out of having their picture taken with Slash .

Pictures on GnR are awesome
Makes you a part of the concert fun!

#3321 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Cool, never knew it did that

#3322 1 year ago

Good to see such glowing early gameplay reviews. The hype is real and deserved it seems.

#3323 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Cool, never knew it did that

Apologies for being off-topic .
But it is a fun feature .

IMG20230320231012 (resized).jpgIMG20230320231012 (resized).jpg
#3324 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Good to see such glowing early gameplay reviews. The hype is real and deserved it seems.

Yep , especially for a designers first game . All the new releases I have seen look really good , great time for the hobby

#3325 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Man, I need an 18x24 Foo print from ZY now, to accompany the game. I've got art for every game I buy, and of course, all of ZYs prints are long sold out!

I would say keep looking they come up every once in a while, i found this one the day the revealed the game!

4D76D26B-D2CD-485F-A553-21C79058668B (resized).jpeg4D76D26B-D2CD-485F-A553-21C79058668B (resized).jpeg
#3326 1 year ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

I would say keep looking they come up every once in a while, i found this one the day the revealed the game!
[quoted image]

Where did you find it? I've been looking for some posters but couldn't find this specific one.

#3327 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's the lineup as recommended:

Next to go is definitely Metallica based solely on if there was a 1 game per designer .... are there any other stern designers?

#3328 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Next to go is definitely Metallica based solely on a 1 game per designer allowed policy.... are there any other stern designers?

1 game per designer is kinda dumb IMO. Get the games you love the most! Period.

#3329 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I agree and disagree. If you have limited space and money and can't just have it all, I think it's important that you have a variety of things you like and part of that variety is going to be on designer. You don't want to own only Borg's because Borg's feel like Borg's, therefore you'd find that all of your games feel too much of the same to justify the space/money they're taking up.

In a perfect world, I would own an easier game, an ass-kicker, a project, and a new hotness. Technically I could accomplish that within a single designer but probably wouldn't be the best choice, for me.

#3330 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yep . Currently Borg heavy over here

#3331 1 year ago

I know it's not going to be this week, but I REALLY hope my LE is ready to roll this week.

Probably a better chance one of my locals will get their Pro's so at least I'll get to finally check it out in person.

#3332 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Get the games you love the most! Period.

Oh agree, can't have fun with the question with that answer! I'm sure he'll do that in the end. But slicing up scenarios and innovating logical reasons for the cuts. Thats good forum fun.

#3333 1 year ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I know it's not going to be this week, but I REALLY hope my LE is ready to roll this week.
Probably a better chance one of my locals will get their Pro's so at least I'll get to finally check it out in person.

I think there is a decent chance that you see LEs on the "Factory Friday" video that Stern puts out later this week. But I don't think they ship until after TPF. I hope I'm wrong!

#3334 1 year ago

I hope LEs dont ship until after TPF, else no one will be here to receive it!

#3335 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Next to go is definitely Metallica based solely on if there was a 1 game per designer .... are there any other stern designers?

Nobody in their right mind sells their Metallica

#3336 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

This!!

#3337 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

agreed....never sell Metallica!

#3338 1 year ago

I shall have to go try this Metallica you speak of...

#3339 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I hope LEs dont ship until after TPF, else no one will be here to receive it!

Ditto!

#3340 1 year ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Not only is the artwork gorgeous, but it is really funny as well. Love the little details on the alien liked the taped on mustache and ear with earbud. You can tell a lot of passion went into every aspect of this game.

#3341 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Just Eddy. Aside from that, Trudeau's on parole, Ritchie went to JJP, so nope.

Although technically Gomez still designs (Bond, Batman'66), but not frequently).

#3342 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Yeah the ZY ones are extremely hard to find and expensive if you do. There are a handful of like 10-15 of them that you can find pretty much anywhere. Amazon, Etsy, etc... I assume these are ones from artists that released the images publicly. I love the ZY one with the girl that is on the side of the LE. Was hoping to find that somewhere to go on the wall next to my premium. There is a sick one from Cincinnati (not ZY) but of a girl wearing glasses and it looks like the front of a tabloid. Would love to get that one up too. Think it fits great. Don't know the rules around how these things are printed / owned etc...but would have been awesome to get some modified versions out for this release. Probably would have sold them all no problem. I guess it devalues the originals. Though I find posters an odd collectable. But limited is limited I suppose.

#3343 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Yeah the ZY ones are extremely hard to find and expensive if you do. There are a handful of like 10-15 of them that you can find pretty much anywhere. Amazon, Etsy, etc... I assume these are ones from artists that released the images publicly. I love the ZY one with the girl that is on the side of the LE. Was hoping to find that somewhere to go on the wall next to my premium. There is a sick one from Cincinnati (not ZY) but of a girl wearing glasses and it looks like the front of a tabloid. Would love to get that one up too. Think it fits great. Don't know the rules around how these things are printed / owned etc...but would have been awesome to get some modified versions out for this release. Probably would have sold them all no problem. I guess it devalues the originals. Though I find posters an odd collectable. But limited is limited I suppose.

Yeah, I wish Jeremy/ZY had one made for the game, or would make one for it, for those of us art fiends that match art to our pins.

#3344 1 year ago

what about the Stern FF vinyl banner? I imagine they are already out there, or being produced, right? I'm sure peeps will see loads of those at TPF

#3345 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

what about the Stern FF vinyl banner? I imagine they are already out there, or being produced, right? I'm sure peeps will see loads of those at TPF

I don't believe they are making banners any longer.

#3346 1 year ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I don't believe they are making banners any longer.

Jack showed it in the live stream. Looked like hot off the press, wasn't trimmed or finished. But it looked great.

banner_sml (resized).pngbanner_sml (resized).png
#3347 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Jack showed it in the live stream. Looked like hot off the press, wasn't trimmed or finished. But it looked great.[quoted image]

I need some for the Rock Lounge.

#3348 1 year ago

Just wanted to jump in and say this game looks amazeballs! I think I see one in my future, luckily they will be making these for a couple years.

#3349 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Jack showed it in the live stream. Looked like hot off the press, wasn't trimmed or finished. But it looked great.[quoted image]

Looks like an actual one turned up at a launch party earlier in this thread also. Great looking banner.

38DC55DB-BE43-464A-9773-D6318C2B4BA2 (resized).jpeg38DC55DB-BE43-464A-9773-D6318C2B4BA2 (resized).jpeg
#3350 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Didn’t know those were purchasable, but worth a Google and a look around for sure. It looks great even if it is the same artwork.

It does really put into focus for me just how much Dave doesn’t look like Dave. Like it’s the personality in the face that is off. The others are all pretty decent though… except maybe Chris. Would have been great to see Dave in his classic black jeans (pretty sure that is all he owns), but I understand color wise why they went with blue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trinity, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/67?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.