5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 99.
#3251 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Of all the new pins that have been announced recently, FF intrigues me the most. I really want to get one, but the problem is that I have to give up a pin to do so. Decisions, decisions... My rational mind is saying slow down, play FF first before committing to anything, but the addiction is real!

I only have 1 pin, and even though I LOVED deadpool, this was the one to replace it

#3252 1 year ago

Factory Friday is now Foo Friday!!!!!

#3253 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

I only have 1 pin, and even though I LOVED deadpool, this was the one to replace it

DP would be hard for me to let go. That's a fantastic game. The SNIKT shot is one of my favorites.

#3254 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

A little Friday BTS for ya!
Dreaming up the “Area 51” for the pro model of Foo Fighters Pinball.
I knew I wanted to fill this space in, since we didn’t have the upper playfield, but I wanted something more than just a flat plastic.
A stack of plastics that the ball could go THROUGH was the goal, to give the feel of coming through the doors of Area 51.
Mix that with awesome Zombie Yeti Studios art, and you get this bad boy! ❤️
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

This is awesome to see, thanks for posting this, Jack! I appreciate this and know that the rest of these pinball nuts like me do too!

#3255 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Quoted from mostater:

DP would be hard for me to let go. That's a fantastic game. The SNIKT shot is one of my favorites.

I owned DP premium since it came out and up until a month or two ago… so almost 5 years. I thought I would really miss it a lot more! Especially because it was my first NIB. The Foo will replace it nicely though and since JD was inspired by DP while designing this one I’m looking forward to some similarities.

DP is an amazing game but I think once you beat the modes it’s easier to part with. But that never stopped me from playing it a shit ton after I beat the final wizard mode a few times. It was always one of my favorites in my lineup to play.

#3256 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Wow
Supposedly that's a big no no on this first run

Not really. They put one on the showroom floor, satisfy their location orders, and if there's a few left over they can go to home users. But the ratio of location to home for this run should be like 90:10. The majority of home pro users are stuck waiting 5-6 months. It's Stern's new production scheme that started with Bond. Make the home pros wait a long time so they upgrade to the more profitable Prem.

#3257 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I owned DP premium since it came out and up until a month or two ago… so almost 5 years. I thought I would really miss it a lot more! Especially because it was my first NIB. The Foo will replace it nicely though and since JD was inspired by DP while designing this one I’m looking forward to some similarities.

Deadpool was Tanio's first game as a lead coder. Foo Fighters is his second. So you will probably feel right at home.

#3258 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Deadpool was Tanio's first game as a lead coder. Foo Fighters is his second. So you will probably feel right at home.

DPs main strength is probably its level of theme integration. I get a similar feel from the Foo gameplay videos so far, though the callouts aren’t quite there (yet at least).

But this looks fun to shoot as well, which DP is just ‘decent’ to me in that respect.

#3259 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

DPs main strength is probably its level of theme integration. I get a similar feel from the Foo gameplay videos so far, though the callouts aren’t quite there (yet at least).
But this looks fun to shoot as well, which DP is just ‘decent’ to me in that respect.

I didn't like Deadpool initially, but then 0.96 happened with Mechsuit multiball and stacking and it became magic. Been one of my favorites ever since and the reason I was waiting for Tanio's next outing as lead coder. Foo looks like Deadpool plus in that respect. It won't top the callouts of Deadpool, but the theme integration should be fantastic.

Deadpool Prem/LE shoots better than the pro, IMO, because of the return to the right flipper that the Prem/LE has that the Pro cut. It also took away Disco Loops on the pro by not having it. But even if Foo is just as good as Deadpool, that will be a win. I'm hoping it's even better.

#3260 1 year ago

How amazing to see that DeadFlip is commenting in this thread! Rock on!!! Today I put my deposit down with Flipnoutpinball for a FF Pro.. I know it's going to be a while till I get it but still excited about it (hopefully one shows up close by and I can play it while I wait). This would be my second pin (first one is a JJP GNR that I still enjoy playing) so in the meantime I'll be living and learning vicariously through those that have played it / got it already. It looks fun to play and even though not a huge fan of Foo Fighters I really liked what Jack and the team did with the theme and playfield... enough so to convince me to get another pinball machine!

#3261 1 year ago

DP and FF will be sitting right next to each other in the “Tanio” section of my basement

44E0181F-2847-4C4B-B1BE-581B480CC24D (resized).jpeg44E0181F-2847-4C4B-B1BE-581B480CC24D (resized).jpeg
#3262 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

DP and FF will be sitting right next to each other in the “Tanio” section of my basement.

So our new heroes are the design team of The Lone Danger and his sidekick Tanio?

#3263 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Looks nice! What does Jah” mean in your name? Your initials?

JAH as in Rasta God, Pinball God . Always been a big Marley fan.

Some pics of the final product, tuning knobs and FF logo have a nice raised effect. Size is 18 x 29 inches. Cheers. PM if interested in one while you wait for your game to arrive.A4F56E95-C8C3-423A-8FED-C13E6CD5C620 (resized).jpegA4F56E95-C8C3-423A-8FED-C13E6CD5C620 (resized).jpeg03677342-74FC-40BD-842D-42286BB477A9 (resized).jpeg03677342-74FC-40BD-842D-42286BB477A9 (resized).jpegF2C8DDDC-BC7A-494F-B046-8A728AF0D28C (resized).jpegF2C8DDDC-BC7A-494F-B046-8A728AF0D28C (resized).jpeg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastafari

#3264 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

JAH as in Rasta God, Pinball God . Always been a big Marley fan.
Some pics of the final product, tuning knobs and FF logo have a nice raised effect. Size is 18 x 29 inches. Cheers. PM if interested in one while you wait for your game to arrive.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastafari

Sign Looks really good! I am familiar with Rastafarian. That’s why I asked I’m a huge Reggae fan for many years.
So Jah is short for the full name Jehovah. Which is the name of God in the original Bible writings. Also rendered Yahweh

Back to pinball

#3265 1 year ago

Not sure if I missed a post here, but looks like mode objectives are up on Tilt Forums:

http://tiltforums.com/t/foo-fighters-rulesheet/8162#heading--vanseattle

Definitely some interesting objectives - Run, in particular, sounds pretty fun. I still worry the modes are going to be too long - my main beef with Rush, which Rayday also also had a big role in - so I'm eager to find one on location soon and see how easy/hard it is to make progress.

#3266 1 year ago

Cool, another boomer rock band pin. This one featuring a dead junkie drummer. Which watered down dad-rock band will hip-Stern pick next?

#3267 1 year ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Cool, another boomer rock band pin. This one featuring a dead junkie drummer. Which watered down dad-rock band will hip-Stern pick next?

I’m pretty sure you are going to get a record number of downvotes for that really crappy post.

#3268 1 year ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

elf (resized).jpegelf (resized).jpeg
#3269 1 year ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Careful, don’t cut yourself with all that edge.

#3270 1 year ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

F794A3AB-A947-4B28-BE74-D2013E31F044.gifF794A3AB-A947-4B28-BE74-D2013E31F044.gif
#3271 1 year ago

This should be on the Pinside required reading list:

F419F184-CD5B-4291-A391-21936B450930 (resized).jpegF419F184-CD5B-4291-A391-21936B450930 (resized).jpeg
#3272 1 year ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3273 1 year ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Wow, I was wondering what type of person comes on a hobby forum and posts complete shit, where most people try to have fun and be helpful. Pinside is funny how a small segment of people are complete Dick’s.

I guess if you have nothing meaningful to contribute this is your goal.

213E79B1-6B94-45DB-B3EF-ABD4D51CEB12 (resized).jpeg213E79B1-6B94-45DB-B3EF-ABD4D51CEB12 (resized).jpegB321FFC4-C2F9-47F9-A64B-F2F72E7B88AE (resized).jpegB321FFC4-C2F9-47F9-A64B-F2F72E7B88AE (resized).jpeg
#3274 1 year ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Get thee hence, Troll. Your bridge beckons.

#3275 1 year ago

I’m not a fan of the band either but the game looks phenomenal and the team behind it may become Sterns new A team. I told myself I would buy Jacks first cornerstone regardless of theme and that’s exactly what I did. No regrets here. Anyway, it’s an amazing year for pinball. Try enjoying it or…you know…get bent haha

Quoted from donkadelic:

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3276 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Not sure if I missed a post here, but looks like mode objectives are up on Tilt Forums:
http://tiltforums.com/t/foo-fighters-rulesheet/8162#heading--vanseattle
Definitely some interesting objectives - Run, in particular, sounds pretty fun. I still worry the modes are going to be too long - my main beef with Rush, which Rayday also also had a big role in - so I'm eager to find one on location soon and see how easy/hard it is to make progress.

Hmmmm its great that they started that but I don't think the skill shots are fully described....

#3277 1 year ago

He didn't even get his insult right. Foo Fighters isn't a boomer band

(yes i know it's basically associated with anyone who's already moved out of their mom's basement these days)

#3278 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not really. They put one on the showroom floor, satisfy their location orders, and if there's a few left over they can go to home users. But the ratio of location to home for this run should be like 90:10. The majority of home pro users are stuck waiting 5-6 months. It's Stern's new production scheme that started with Bond. Make the home pros wait a long time so they upgrade to the more profitable Prem.

According to my distro first runs are location only. And have to be verified. They might enforce the insider connect. Distributors were lying to stern about location orders to make extra money quick. When my pro is delivered I will have it at my location after I go through it in a week.

#3279 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

According to my distro first runs are location only. And have to be verified. They might enforce the insider connect. Distributors were lying to stern about location orders to make extra money quick. When my pro is delivered I will have it at my location after I go through it in a week.

Your dist isn't exactly right. Some will go to homes, but very, very few. Just like Bond. The first run is location-centric. I don't know the percentage, but it's probably 90-10 or maybe even 95-5.

#3280 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Yet I don't know of ONE FF Pro that is actually on location yet. Sure games at SXSW, etc. But otherwise just distributor showrooms.

#3281 1 year ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

If you're going to pollute pinside with this, you should at least pay to support the venue for your venom. This is a double nut kick. Way off target and disrespectful to a real person, from a non-paying, non-supporting pinside user.

#3282 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yet I don't know of ONE FF Pro that is actually on location yet. Sure games at SXSW, etc. But otherwise just distributor showrooms.

Yeah, I think we'll start to see them showing up on location this coming week, but nothing yet, outside of showcase events and showrooms.

#3283 1 year ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Pretty ridiculous even for you Dongalic

#3284 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

DP and FF will be sitting right next to each other in the “Tanio” section of my basement
[quoted image]

So, when are you gonna ditch the bar to fit more pins? muhaahaahaaaa..cool setup there..I see it evolving before my eyes..

#3285 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

So, when are you gonna ditch the bar to fit more pins? muhaahaahaaaa..cool setup there..I see it evolving before my eyes..

I’ve capped myself at 4 for both financial as well as operator maintenance sake. Though there’s currently room to shop at least one back in the storage room!

3B98B368-8A1A-4CBA-BCEE-27BBCFD4C0BF (resized).jpeg3B98B368-8A1A-4CBA-BCEE-27BBCFD4C0BF (resized).jpeg
#3286 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yet I don't know of ONE FF Pro that is actually on location yet.

Cointaker in Sunbury PA got one yesterday or today.

AA57E758-F531-4B91-ADC9-C6B05C4AD7F6 (resized).jpegAA57E758-F531-4B91-ADC9-C6B05C4AD7F6 (resized).jpeg
#3287 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Cointaker in Sunbury PA got one yesterday or today.[quoted image]

So how did it play?
Need more Deets - thanks

#3288 1 year ago

First impressions: Went to joysticks and brought my teenaged kids to try it out. They are not big pin players and I was pleasantly surprised they came. Old code, turned up the volume and put on swear mode, the pin sounds great, shoots awesome, and is a hell of a lot of fun. This was the pro version. More familiarity with the game will help me, more call outs will also help, still not sure the optimal time to hit the action button although some hits were big points and without the upper playfield triggering Area 51 wasn’t apparent. Super satisfying looping the ball around 1,2,3 times and comboing to the spinner which is super satisfying. If you hit the overload at 90 degrees prepare for a Magneto fastball STDM, ridiculously fast. If you ricochet a shot, the outlanes are brutal. Plenty of ball saves help. When a mode is completed, and a ball drains it will launch another ball. Caught myself walking away and missing the opportunity. Both kids thought it is better than our AFMr. Daughter likes Godzilla a bit better, 2-3 plays each. Had to drag my son out. Can’t wait for it to show up.

Thanks to Charlie for the hospitality.

#3289 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

So how did it play?

I didn’t go play it yet, very tempted but waiting for a family member to have their premium delivered and I don’t want to spoil the surprise or excitement we will both get when they unbox and play theirs for the first time. So I’m basically waiting for them to go for it and try the pro with me, or waiting till they get their premium and their first game on it since it will be their first NIB pin before I jump ahead in line, so to speak. Lol. Complicated business.

#3290 1 year ago

Not sure if you guys are big knife fans. But here is a picture of my CRK Area 51 patiently waiting my pin.

484558E9-EB3D-4BA7-9747-FD26383EED3A (resized).jpeg484558E9-EB3D-4BA7-9747-FD26383EED3A (resized).jpeg6D9D42D4-7F5D-4E56-B0BC-D76F12DFB7CF (resized).jpeg6D9D42D4-7F5D-4E56-B0BC-D76F12DFB7CF (resized).jpeg
#3293 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’m pretty sure you are going to get a record number of downvotes for that really crappy post.

The same dick head was trying to stir trouble in the GF hype thread .
Even if you haven't "technically" broken any rules , some people should be shown the door .

#3294 1 year ago

I need to move one to the theater room in the basement to make room for Ff LE coming soon. I know I’m putting it in the spot where Luci sits now. Luci or Metallica have to go I can’t decide. Any thoughts on which one would be best/ more popular to play for guests.

CBC2495F-27F3-4511-A87A-08F0AE612FE9 (resized).jpegCBC2495F-27F3-4511-A87A-08F0AE612FE9 (resized).jpeg
#3295 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I need to move one to the theater room in the basement to make room for Ff LE coming soon. I know I’m putting it in the spot where Luci sits now. Luci or Metallica have to go I can’t decide. Any thoughts on which one would be best/ more popular to play for guests.
[quoted image]

In that lineup I'd send Zep away.

But if I HAD to choose only Met or AC/DC, is the Met a Pro? If so, then Met. If not, really hard choice and a coin toss.

#3296 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

In that lineup I'd send Zep away.
But if I HAD to choose only Met or AC/DC, is the Met a Pro? If so, then Met. If not, really hard choice and a coin toss.

Metallica is a pro. Virgin no mods only a shaker and cliffy scoop protector

#3297 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Metallica is a pro. Virgin no mods only a shaker and cliffy scoop protector

If you can't say goodbye to Zep, then Met Pro is the next most obvious choice in that lineup.

I sold a AC/DC LTBR edition and it's one of the few I'd have back. Totally miss that game. I had the Pro and Prem Metallica at different times. Do not miss the pro at all. Occasionally miss the Prem, but not sure I'd have it back.

#3298 1 year ago

I agree with PinMonk and would let Zep go, but I disagree if its just between Met/ACDC. My opinion is Met is a better playing game. But I'm more of a John Borg fan/Dirty Donny fan and I have a Met pro. So take my opinion for what its worth. Comes down to which you like better overall.

#3299 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I agree with PinMonk and would let Zep go, but I disagree if its just between Met/ACDC. My opinion is Met is a better playing game. But I'm more of a John Borg fan/Dirty Donny fan and I have a Met pro. So take my opinion for what its worth. Comes down to which you like better overall.

Zep it is.

Another way of looking at it is you have two Ritchies and two Borgs. One hasta go, and of the two designers, one has an obviously weaker pin.

music-lineup (resized).jpgmusic-lineup (resized).jpg

Here's the lineup as recommended:

music-lineup-fixed (resized).jpgmusic-lineup-fixed (resized).jpg
#3300 1 year ago

Played Foo Fighters today at Enterrium in Schaumburg. I was there for about an hour and got about 4 games in on it. They had a Premium for the tournament that was going on.

Man, it shoots really nice… lots of flow! Playfield is packed and the upper playfield is just the right amount of fun and not too big that it takes up too much space. I couldn’t really hear the music and call outs too much because it was turned down very low.

Glad I got one on order and first run! Can’t wait to get it!

16DD37C2-8F6D-49C0-88EE-AB3D95C3C77F (resized).png16DD37C2-8F6D-49C0-88EE-AB3D95C3C77F (resized).png1B59FBAD-2215-4D0C-B883-B9AF488543D6 (resized).jpeg1B59FBAD-2215-4D0C-B883-B9AF488543D6 (resized).jpeg3D66B77B-D7EF-4BA0-9B87-F63B93881C63 (resized).jpeg3D66B77B-D7EF-4BA0-9B87-F63B93881C63 (resized).jpegAE2A4F99-0402-48BC-9808-F240E4B211F4 (resized).jpegAE2A4F99-0402-48BC-9808-F240E4B211F4 (resized).jpegD3FBFF2C-2BE8-43CC-9726-4ABA33E64457 (resized).jpegD3FBFF2C-2BE8-43CC-9726-4ABA33E64457 (resized).jpegFD51C326-9462-4B8E-9175-8E94F055C2F7 (resized).jpegFD51C326-9462-4B8E-9175-8E94F055C2F7 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Euless, TX
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 499.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 16.50
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/66?hl=chetrico and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.