5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 99.
#2951 1 year ago

Has anyone heard about when the prems are expected to get on the line? Yeah I’m really ,really psyched to 1)visually lay eyes on it 2)hear the full audio package with a little upgrade 3)watch this story play out on the screen 4)get a fast/flowy upper playfield at home ,I really miss having one (WOZ,Family Guy) 5)start studying the rules like I should’ve when I still had a chance and most of all I really need to FLIP DA FOO !

#2952 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Has anyone heard about when the prems are expected to get on the line? Yeah I’m really ,really psyched to 1)visually lay eyes on it 2)hear the full audio package with a little upgrade 3)watch this story play out on the screen 4)get a fast/flowy upper playfield at home ,I really miss having one (WOZ,Family Guy) 5)start studying the rules like I should’ve when I still had a chance and most of all I really need to FLIP DA FOO !

Rumor is sometime in late April/May, with a 2nd run in July or August, I was hoping to move my order up to first run until all of a sudden I started having switch matrix issues on the Flash I was about to sell

#2953 1 year ago

So I was just watching the live stream of the LE. At the start of the every game you have to listen to that annoying horn/alarm? It got really really old fast. I get that the van hears an alarm to leave the building, but that is the last thing I want to hear every time I start my pinball game or have to hear in the background of someone else playing Foo Fighters. Music is awesome of course =)

#2954 1 year ago
Quoted from JH315:

YMMV. Side by side the premium/LE definitely has more wow factor. The upper playfield on this is great. It’s fast like the rest of the machine. Also, the deadpost is great. Fun to see it happen live. I ordered a premium on day one and don’t regret my decision after playing them both.

Awesome. Thank you! Premium definitely seems the way to go.

#2955 1 year ago
Quoted from MrNurbtastic:

Rumor is sometime in late April/May

When did this happen? All I've ever heard is earl/mid April.

Source?

#2956 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Awesome. Thank you! Premium definitely seems the way to go.

Agreed. Premium on order and my first NIB

#2957 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

When did this happen? All I've ever heard is earl/mid April.
Source?

LEs won't be done until early April. Location Pros aren't even supposed to be on the line until next Friday at the earliest, last I heard. So Prem's starting around the middle of April sounds about right.

#2958 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So I was just watching the live stream of the LE. At the start of the every game you have to listen to that annoying horn/alarm? It got really really old fast. I get that the van hears an alarm to leave the building, but that is the last thing I want to hear every time I start my pinball game or have to hear in the background of someone else playing Foo Fighters. Music is awesome of course =)

I noticed that also

#2959 1 year ago
Quoted from staceyflip:

I noticed that also

Watched the whole LE and the whole Pro stream and wasnt annoyed by the horn. i think it is nice as a element for "you're out, next player please".

#2960 1 year ago

Its i amazing how many people bitch about a pin before anybody has one.
Killjoy!!

#2961 1 year ago

I guess we are "FOOL" Fighters to be spending this much money on a pinball machine Funny how it looks like an "L" in the design.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2962 1 year ago
Quoted from dzmechanical:

Its i amazing how many people bitch about a pin before anybody has one.
Killjoy!!

You should check the GTF thread …

#2963 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I guess we are "FOOL" Fighters to be spending this much money on a pinball machine Funny how it looks like an "L" in the design.[quoted image]

I think there are plenty of more foolish options to spend this much money on right now. Foos gonna be a winner.

#2964 1 year ago

Several games coming out now are fantastic efforts but seems a lot of the vitriol boils down to frustration with pinball pricing as usual.

#2965 1 year ago

While watching the stream I noticed a difference animation-wise, when people drained while doing a mode, instead of it completing the animation and going to next ball, it freezes the animation with a 'To be continued' on it! Which means when you complete the city that you get that finishing animation. That's a really nice touch that I don't believe were in the reveal streams.

#2966 1 year ago

Took 2nd at the SXSW tournament last night and got a translite and stern sign! The game is a ton of fun to shoot, excited to go back today to play it some more.

PXL_20230311_154657666 (resized).jpgPXL_20230311_154657666 (resized).jpgPXL_20230311_155814940 (resized).jpgPXL_20230311_155814940 (resized).jpg
#2967 1 year ago
Quoted from Venetic:

Took 2nd at the SXSW tournament last night and got a translite and stern sign! The game is a ton of fun to shoot, excited to go back today to play it some more.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I watched a bit of jd FF stream and IE playing GF last night, FF is hands down the better game as far as I'm concerned.

#2968 1 year ago
Quoted from Venetic:

I like this translite is it a pro or custom from Stern ?

#2969 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I like this translite is it a pro or custom from Stern ?

Thats the pro translite

#2970 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I watched a bit of jd FF stream and IE playing GF last night, FF is hands down the better game as far as I'm concerned.

Those JJP running lights just look awful--on stream seem too bright, take away from theme and look like hardware store led strip lighting add on.

I'm in on Premium, but hope to get Stern's EL although I hope looks better, yes realize may be awhile to get EL, but in no rush.

Overall with recent pin options 110% happy with FF choice!!

#2971 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pros aren't even supposed to be on the line until next Friday at the earliest, last I heard.

And you got this info from what concrete source?

#2972 1 year ago

#2973 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Those JJP running lights just look awful--on stream seem too bright, take away from theme and look like hardware store led strip lighting add on.
I'm in on Premium, but hope to get Stern's EL although I hope looks better, yes realize may be awhile to get EL, but in no rush.

The JJP lights look fine from the player position. The overhead camera catches them differently.

#2974 1 year ago

Time for some Tide Pods!!!

#2975 1 year ago

Pros are on the line right now, source: SXSW party

#2976 1 year ago

I forgot to mention, all the games played perfectly last night, there was one stuck ball, and jack came over and confirmed it was already a spot adjusted for production to prevent the stucky. But nothing catastrophic. Before the tourney there was one pro model that accidently had the spinner and overlord optos swapped, so ripping the spinner got you into all my life MB and cranked out tons of jackpots.... So now I have a 3 billion high score on my insider connected account lol

PXL_20230311_012108929 (resized).jpgPXL_20230311_012108929 (resized).jpg
#2977 1 year ago

Sold out in record time... all of them, according to this fun little article from Business Wire:

CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Stern Pinball, Inc. is celebrating the success of its newest cornerstone game release after a blockbuster opening week. Foo Fighters pinball machines sold out in record time, with all 1,000 Limited Edition machines selling out in minutes. The entire initial production run of both Pro Edition and Premium Edition games have also sold out in just a few days. With nearly 2 million video views and 3 million impressions of the announcement across social media channels, Foo Fighters pinball machines instantly became one of the hottest, most in-demand pinball machines in company history.

But a second run is coming.

Well played Stern!

#2978 1 year ago
Quoted from Venetic:

Well done. Looks like a blast for all last night.

#2979 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Does anyone know of a distributor with a first run premium spot left? I orderd from one of the well regarded "big guys" on their web site on day one, and they have been unreachable by phone and not responding to email since last Tuesday...I will probably wind up canceling my order for a distributor who actually communicates soon.

I still have a few spots remaining in the first (April run) of FF Premium if anyone is still looking.

972-488-9622

FYI we also have a few discounted FF Pro Model Texas Pinball Festival Demo games available as well. These must be picked up at the conclusion of the show (no shipping).

#2980 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Heard same from my dist

#2981 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Sold out in record time... all of them, ... The entire initial production run of both Pro Edition and Premium Edition games have also sold out in just a few days.

Quoted from hassellcastle:

I still have a few spots remaining in the first (April run) of FF Premium if anyone is still looking.

Seems to be hyperbole when comparing one to the other.

#2982 1 year ago

Just ordered this for Foos arrival. https://a.co/d/6rI7p47

183CAF1A-E579-4708-952B-5230BA27AC2F (resized).jpeg183CAF1A-E579-4708-952B-5230BA27AC2F (resized).jpeg
#2983 1 year ago

Anyone know if it true or false that Dave Grohl may do call outs for the game?

#2984 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anyone know if it true or false that Dave Grohl may do call outs for the game?

I think it's a possibility...

I think the topper for this game, given the insider news about collectable toys plugging into the topper, and Seth Davis' background with Disney Infinity, I think this may be the launch title for DLC... As in.. buy character to activate DG call outs... I'm not rooting for this, but it would make sense given the demand and popularity from a business standpoint

#2985 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Heard same from my dist

Well, if the Stern crew at SXSW and this is the most recent news:

Quoted from Venetic:

I'm gonna hope for that. Obviously, I'm going with 2nd hand account with my quote above. Either way, April is April. Maybe distributors are being cautious. Mine said early to mid. Long as we get them April, that'll go by in the blink of an eye.

#2986 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

A pinmason.

#2987 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

I've had both (RUSH LE, and GnR/TS4) and hotrails are better than expression lights in the real world. From the player's perspective hotrails do not look obnoxious at all and have better lighting effects and coverage than expression lights. Looking forward to the expression lights in Foo LE, but I don't think that opinion will change.

#2988 1 year ago
Quoted from newovad:

Seems to be hyperbole when comparing one to the other.

Typical marketing-speak. Stern considers sold to distributors sold. So even if distributors still have available inventory now or incoming, Stern doesn't, so they're "sold out."

#2989 1 year ago
Quoted from Venetic:

Overseas Pros? I heard domestic Pros were next friday, but maybe that has changed.

#2990 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Overseas ones? I heard domestic was next friday, but maybe that has changed.

No idea on that one

#2991 1 year ago

ended up redrawing and cleaned up the FOZO UFO - rev 2, has resin insert behind the vents
FO = Foo Fighters
ZO = Zombie Yeti

Working on flying straight and banking mounting so you can install tilting to one side and lighting

FOZO - UFO - r2 (resized).pngFOZO - UFO - r2 (resized).png

#2992 1 year ago

This game is old news.

Wake me up when they release a version where the entire cabinet looks like a tour van.

#2993 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This game is old news.
Wake me up when they release a version where the entire cabinet looks like a tour van.

Spooky really missed the boat when they didn't make the head of Scooby Doo look like the Mystery Machine front end, with speaker lights for headlights, the screen in the tire position, and the translite where the window is.

#2994 1 year ago

I am curious how all you Foo Hypers are holding up at this point.

How has the hype survived 2 weeks and 78 other pinball machines being teased or revealed?

How’s the enthusiasm? Are we weaker in numbers? Has the foo hype train withstood this unprecedented assault?

#2995 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How has the hype survived 2 weeks and 78 other pinball machines being teased or revealed?
How’s the enthusiasm? Are we weaker in numbers? Has the foo hype train withstood this unprecedented assault?

Still looking forward to comparing the Pro to the LE in person. Also, very interested to see if the expression lighting experience is better than the somewhat basic RUSH LE Expression light show.

#2996 1 year ago

I’m still full on the hype train and excited for it to arrive. I am suprisingly less hyped about Pulp Fiction than Foo considering I find Pulp Fiction as a theme a lot more interesting than Foo Fighters as a theme.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I actually like the Rush expression lighting show more than Zeppelins?

Quoted from PinMonk:

Still looking forward to comparing the Pro to the LE in person. Also, very interested to see if the expression lighting experience is better than the somewhat basic RUSH LE Expression light show.

#2997 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Also...everyone wants to know....any shows lined up for 2023? C'MON MAN...

We are hoping to track the new album late this year, east coast small tour next year

#2998 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm too busy playing bond
Edit: sold that turd

#2999 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hype has just grown for me. I still think this is the best game that has been released and I’m glad I have a first run Premium locked in.

What new game looks better than Foo Fighters? None of them.

#3000 1 year ago

I was very excited about foo fighters. Still am! But now I feel I must at least wait and evaluate pulp fiction before pulling the trigger. Wish the releases were more spread out. At least I have no interest whatsoever in Jjp godfather as a theme.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Euless, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 26.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MI
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 499.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/60?hl=sluggo39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.