5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 99.
#2801 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

will they stream their tour to the pin?
[quoted image]

I mean...I doubt it is that..but uh..that might be pretty cool to watch them live WHILE you play.

#2802 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Anyone else feeling a purple Pingulp with the LE green?

J-Pop’s spirit is alive & well.

#2803 1 year ago

Just ordered Pinwoofers!

First time putting different speakers and amplifier in a machine. I think this will be perfect for FF Premium when it comes, can't wait!!!

PS: glad getting a FF rather than Godfather.

#2804 1 year ago
Quoted from AviRoo:

Josh Homme has some pretty cool guitars. I haven't been able to see him live in any of his bands yet but ironically enough i was listening to Kyuss and Queen's of the stone age earlier. have been all day. I've been building up my music gear recently to be fixated on his earlier stuff from kyuss and queens. already got the TCV tone down ish. personally i'm a fan of his Motor-ave guitar. it's absolutely ridiculously priced though.
[quoted image]

A Motor-ave guitar has been high on my list as well, but they are definitely pricey. Hard to justify now that I’m not playing much. Definitely badass. The key to the tone of the earlier stuff seems to be in the Ampeg bass amps Homme used and the right fuzz.

#2805 1 year ago

I ordered my Foo Fighters a week ago and it still hasn't been delivered. Please advise.

#2806 1 year ago

Talked to my distro yesterday about the b60th I won from project pinball. He said probably will get the 60th and FF LE about the same time, end of March early April.

#2807 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Does anyone know of a distributor with a first run premium spot left? I orderd from one of the well regarded "big guys" on their web site on day one, and they have been unreachable by phone and not responding to email since last Tuesday...I will probably wind up canceling my order for a distributor who actually communicates soon.

See my other reply.
He thinks he has one open !!!

Quoted from Zavadoza:

There is a GnR LE just east of Houston for listed for $8k on pinside. He even just announced he’d trade it straight up for a FF pro (that’s 7k).

Wow

#2808 1 year ago

Pretty pumped this morning. My Neighbor ordered a pro yesterday!!

Sounds like I will have FF on the street to play. Excited as I can't swing another pin right now.

#2809 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

There is a GnR LE just east of Houston for listed for $8k on pinside. He even just announced he’d trade it straight up for a FF pro (that’s 7k).

There are 33 LEs on the market right now, some at 7.5k-8k range.

I still can't bring myself to buy one.

#2810 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

There are 33 LEs on the market right now, some at 7.5k-8k range.
I still can't bring myself to buy one.

It is number 19. What is plaguing it in your opinion? Gameplay or early build quality?

#2811 1 year ago

The top 100 is so biased, it’s difficult to take that into account.
If you read through the ratings, you’ll see that some of the comments merely state “amazing” with a rating of 10. Other comments actually break it down and give a more proper and unbiased rating. Having played it several times, there is no way I would ever want to include it in my collection.
Read the comments, and not just the number…play the game…you’ll come to your own conclusions.

#2812 1 year ago

Foo Fighters Headlining Outside lands Festival this Year,No name for the Drummer has been announced.

#2813 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

It is number 19. What is plaguing it in your opinion? Gameplay or early build quality?

Gameplay is slow.
Rules are confusing. Everything is lit! If everything is lit, then nothing is lit.
The screen is chaotic.
For a music pin there is NO MUSIC until you start a mode... if you can even start one.
Multiballs galore with no real explanation as to why.
Flippers are weak / soft.

========================

That said, I would like to have this game in my home collection some day just to figure out the rules and crank up the music. On the few games I've played, I enjoyed it, but I'm petrified to try to sell it when I'm done. With so many on the market and being in a location that's far away from most civilizations, resale would be nearly impossible. Plus, as a location owner, nobody has really clamored for one. I had a Dialed In here and everyone avoided it. "Too confusing" was the main complaint. I feel that would happen again with GnR. There's no real incentive for me to buy one just yet.

#2814 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

A Motor-ave guitar has been high on my list as well, but they are definitely pricey. Hard to justify now that I’m not playing much. Definitely badass. The key to the tone of the earlier stuff seems to be in the Ampeg bass amps Homme used and the right fuzz.

A great misconception about Homme is he actually never used fuzz. But he did use Ampeg and Tube-works stuff so that’s what’s been my radar thus far

#2815 1 year ago

Gameplay is slow.
Rules are confusing. Everything is lit! If everything is lit, then nothing is lit.
The screen is chaotic.
For a music pin there is NO MUSIC until you start a mode... if you can even start one.
========================
That said, I would like to have this game in my home collection some day just to figure out the rules and crank up the music. On the few games I've played, I enjoyed it, but I'm petrified to try to sell it when I'm done. With so many on the market and being in a location that's far away from most civilizations, resale would be nearly impossible. Plus, as a location owner, nobody has really clamored for one. I had a Dialed In here and everyone avoided it. "Too confusing" was the main complaint. I feel that would happen again with GnR. There's no real incentive for me to buy one just yet.

Yep, all those points are spot on. GnR looks good to the eye. But playing it is a different story. The upper right flipper is almost not even necessary to have in the game. I decided to never buy another JJP again after the playfield issues and lack of code support on POTC, but even if that weren't the case I wouldn't want GNR at home with the way the code and the flippers play.

I'm really looking forward to fighting some foo in my basement though.

#2816 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That’s $70k of fun on top of JB and JJPGNR. Hats off to you. As they are arriving at the same time is insane. Today there are 2, soon pinball machines will be hanging out, all over the place.

Makes me wonder if if some of these actually play these games. I mean, who has that much time?

Nice flex for sure!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2817 1 year ago

It was a hard choice for sure, but I switched my deposit from a Cactus Canyon over to the FF premium. As long as I’ve been waiting, this game just looked too fun during the stream. There’s so much to it, it will be fun to find new things as my skills improve

#2818 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:Makes me wonder if if some of these actually play these games. I mean, who has that much time?
Nice flex for sure!

Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it's crazy. I have coming:

I'd MUCH RATHER have those spread through 2023 every couple months then getting 4-6 games dumped within a 3-4 month window, because each of those is work to temp test flippers and potentially mod, and I'd rather not feel like an assembly line to get it all done ASAP.

He's using them to test and make mods.. If you haven't heard of the pinmonk fans.

#2819 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Makes me wonder if if some of these actually play these games. I mean, who has that much time?
Nice flex for sure!

When they come that hard and fast, it's more work than fun/play since I have to get them all temperature tested and potentially modded if needed. All but one will be gone within a couple months and I'll be back down to 1 or 2 pins, which is my self-imposed limit as a recovering pinball addict.

#2820 1 year ago

I just hope Stern has figured out the node board/wiring issues and this pin doesn't turn into the same debacle that "some of the Rush owners and operators" are having in that other thread.

#2821 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

I just hope Stern has figured out the node board/wiring issues and this pin doesn't turn into the same debacle that "some of the Rush owners and operators" are having in that other thread.

I don't think there are any servo motors in Foo Fighters?

#2822 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

Have Bond owners been having any issues?

#2823 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Have Bond owners been having any issues?

No issues,best game ever.PM me to purchase

#2824 1 year ago

What is the consensus on studio 666? Looks like the critical reviews weren’t very good, but do the true FF fans love it?

#2825 1 year ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

What is the consensus on studio 666? Looks like the critical reviews weren’t very good, but do the true FF fans love it?

Its campy horror. I found it enjoyable although toward the end it seemed to go a little too long. If you are a fan its worth watching compared to all of the other crap out there...

#2826 1 year ago

I can't speak to Studio 666, but if you're looking for good Foo content, I strongly recommend the Sonic Highways series.
Made me a fan of songs that I didn't really like at first, and it's just very cool to see some of the behind the scenes songwriting process.

#2827 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

No issues,best game ever.PM me to purchase

Pm sent

#2828 1 year ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I can't speak to Studio 666, but if you're looking for good Foo content, I strongly recommend the Sonic Highways series.
Made me a fan of songs that I didn't really like at first, and it's just very cool to see some of the behind the scenes songwriting process.

Yes. That was a very good series. Its been a while....going to watch that again.

#2829 1 year ago

Gameplay is slow.
The screen is chaotic.
========================

I read this while scanning the thread and thought, what? That's not FF at all, that sounds a lot like GNR!

Ha, I should have read above, it was referring to GNR.

#2830 1 year ago

I agree Sonic Highways was excellent

#2831 1 year ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

If you like your pizza with extra ,extra cheese you’ll love it as I haha

#2832 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Its campy horror. I found it enjoyable although toward the end it seemed to go a little too long. If you are a fan its worth watching compared to all of the other crap out there...

I am a fan. Lots of what is in the movie has references in the game. Saw it in the theater, just picked up for 10 bucks on Amazon and enjoyed it more than the first. Not going to win any awards but a fun predictable flick. Second Sonic Highways.

Their first Covid show in Vegas was amazing as Dave turned the concert into a story teller session.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2833 1 year ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Cradle to the Stage was a good Grohl series, too. Definitely worth watching.

#2834 1 year ago

I’ve liked/disliked upper playfields in the past but this one doesn’t seem to block sight to much from the players perspective on the stream .There’s a lot to do up there for a small space and it flows fast through the area to the wireform if you chose not to flip up there .Looks like a good one .

#2835 1 year ago

Ill just put this right here:

#2836 1 year ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

It's campy horror. Wasn't as good as I hoped, but worth a watch if you like that sort of thing and like the Foo Fighters. You really see Taylors personality in it.

#2837 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I am a fan. Lots of what is in the movie has references in the game. Saw it in the theater, just picked up for 10 bucks on Amazon and enjoyed it more than the first. Not going to win any awards but a fun predictable flick. Second Sonic Highways.
Their first Covid show in Vegas was amazing as Dave turned the concert into a story teller session.

I just want to hear the finished song! It sounded pretty good Wonder if that's in the game.

#2838 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I just want to hear the finished song! It sounded pretty good

Its under this record.

Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 12.05.19 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-08 at 12.05.19 PM (resized).png
#2839 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Its under this record.
[quoted image]

I had no idea this existed. Thanks!

#2840 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I had no idea this existed. Thanks!

I think I saw this star in the artwork somewhere, but dont think any of the music is in the game.

#2841 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I think I saw this star in the artwork somewhere, but dont think any of the music is in the game.

It’s similar but not the same… more like a intertwined Star of David

#2842 1 year ago

* Combotron is a visual representation of the combos you have made

In other word's (The Color and the Shape - wink wink)

Looks like they took inspiration from Dream Widow and Color and the Shape album covers and the explanation of the Hexagram in Studio 666 being points of the band

Nice creative insight

Screenshot 2023-03-08 141531 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-08 141531 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-08 141930 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-08 141930 (resized).pngR-2077338-1262694202 (resized).jpgR-2077338-1262694202 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-03-08 141612 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-08 141612 (resized).png
#2843 1 year ago

Gameplay is slow.
The screen is chaotic.
========================

having not played GnR or Foo - is the above about GnR? sorry bit confused

#2844 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

having not played GnR or Foo - is the above about GnR? sorry bit confused

GNR

#2845 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

* Combotron is a visual representation of the combos you have made
In other word's (The Color and the Shape - wink wink)
Looks like they took inspiration from Dream Widow and Color and the Shape album covers and the explanation of the Hexagram in Studio 666 being points of the band
Nice creative insight[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ohhhh. I see the Color and the Shape similarities now. Thanks for pointing that out

#2846 1 year ago

I was getting worried and second guessing going in for a Foo

#2847 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s what they do.
Same guy is trying to recoup his Bond 60th losses. Heard he committed to 30 of those.
Dealers/Hoarders/Flippers. Artificially trying to run up the price this way to unsuspecting impatient people.

30 seems high for one distro if 500 were made and half went overseas I don’t think one smaller distro would get over 10% of them (but I could be wrong on most of what I just wrote). Granted there may have been some horse trading to get more but then I doubt he’d suddenly be trying to dump them…

#2848 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it's crazy. I have coming:
Scooby (Spooky)
Foo Fighters (Stern)
Maiden Prem (Stern rerun, 2nd time in)
Galactic Tank force (AP)
And maybe:
Godfather (JJP)
Twilight Zone (CGC)
I'd MUCH RATHER have those spread through 2023 every couple months then getting 4-6 games dumped within a 3-4 month window, because each of those is work to temp test flippers and potentially mod, and I'd rather not feel like an assembly line to get it all done ASAP.

I’m in a similar boat with an Elvira waiting that I was going to pick up with JB60 but it’s still not there. Now FF may make me wait until the end of March so I can make one trip to pick it all up. Meanwhile GTF looks interesting and GF seems like such a gaudy bad idea it makes me think it must be awesome… Maybe a Pulp Fiction next… Definitely a lot of cool choices but I wish they were spaced out.

#2849 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You know, guitars are like pinball machines? I’m surprised nobody’s ever made a good guitargument. Maybe I’ll time travel and gather the great sages of Aristotle, Dr Freud, Napoleon, Jane of Ark, Billy the Kid and George Carlin (can you tell I recently watched Bill & Ted’s?) and ask them for any guitarism they may have heard or can think of about pinball machines.

Guitarguments we’re in the JB60 or cornerstone thread a while ago but related to buying without playing first I think.

#2850 1 year ago

Just watched 10seconds of the first Godfather gameplay vid and couldn’t help but compare it to the energy playing Foo Fighters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Euless, TX
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

12,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 499.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/57?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.