5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 99.
#2501 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Explaining to my kids the next pin is foo fighters (age 12). Their Friends also say who? What’s that about?
Sad.

Funny. Teens seem to know their stuff - probably bc Grohl is everywhere

#2502 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Explaining to my kids the next pin is foo fighters (age 12). Their Friends also say who? What’s that about?
Sad.

+1 for your kids who didn't assume that pinball was an app for the phone.

#2503 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Sad.

It’s ok your kids are supposed to hate your music and vice versa. Natural order of things.

#2504 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Sad.

as long as they know who you are, you've got nothing to worry about. nobody was ever called a bad father for liking music that their kids don't.

#2505 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Orange County Pinballs has them listed…. (For $15,999.00!!)
Edit: here’s another, but the price is insane.
ebay.com link: itm

overpriced Fomo rip off!

#2506 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Sad.

My youngest is 13 and he’s well aware of Foos. Also likes Kendrick Lamar and MF Doom, so…

#2507 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

My youngest is 13 and he’s well aware of Foos. Also likes Kendrick Lamar and MF Doom, so…

My oldest is 14 and her and her friends knew who Foo is and even asked to be there for the unboxing (which is a first). Believe it or not, there are plenty of people under 55 who have an interest in pinball and music made after 1986.

#2508 1 year ago

So what dist have LEs available on the first run and who has the best price?
The 2 dist I'm used to using are sold out of First Run LE slots.

#2509 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

So what dist have LEs available on the first run and who has the best price?
The 2 dist I'm used to using are sold out of First Run LE slots.

There's only one LE run of 1000 AFAIK.

Gameroomguys had one or more LEs last night. Gone this morning. For best price, you're looking at MSRP at minimum and hoping for no tax, free shipping, but you may end up paying both.

#2510 1 year ago

FOO FIST SHOOTER ROD

20230304_165841 (resized).jpg20230304_165841 (resized).jpg20230304_165853 (resized).jpg20230304_165853 (resized).jpg20230304_165835 (resized).jpg20230304_165835 (resized).jpg
#2511 1 year ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

I wish I had that problem. I need to build an addition. I’m at 8 pins. Foo incoming. One has to leave

I had to re-read who posted this. Thought it was me drunk last night or something.

#2512 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

FWIW Jack talked about tonight how the cut out for the dead post is there but the wire harness and code are not.

Speaking of that. Something that caught my eye that I don't think has been mentioned...We know from Jack's comments (about the post hole etc) and from comments here that it would seem Jack made ONE pf (lock stock and barrel) and is using it for all 3 variants........fine. However, look at this picture below.

That's from the PRO stream. WHY would that be in the BOM for the Pro if the dead post wasn't ever going to be an option? Knowing Stern's track record about saving 15 cents here and there I find it insane or impossible that they would let Jack keep a metal ball guide into the left outlane of the PRO if there was only going to be a virtual ball return and not maybe a dead post addon kit in the future. It's just so unlike Stern to waste money like that, that ball guide is not cheap.

Ball Guide (resized).pngBall Guide (resized).png
#2513 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

FOO FIST SHOOTER ROD
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think you might have a cross market item on your hands *cough*.

#2514 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think you might have a cross market item on your hands *cough*.

Ultraman?

#2515 1 year ago

Keep digging.

#2517 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

FOO FIST SHOOTER ROD
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t like mods but I’d buy a gun that shoots these.

#2518 1 year ago

Totally forgot about that time in the 90's when the wife and I were 4th row for FF, and Dave came out and stood on her seat, and played 2 songs. Can't remember what they were, but I remember telling her "If you wanna grab his ass, I understand " haha

#2520 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Totally forgot about that time in the 90's when the wife and I were 4th row for FF, and Dave came out and stood on her seat, and played 2 songs. Can't remember what they were, but I remember telling her "If you wanna grab his ass, I understand " haha

I thought you’d say “if you want me to kick his ass off your chair, I understand”

#2522 1 year ago

Anyone grab a screen shot of the foo poster Jack showed I think last night? I tried to forward through video and can’t find it anymore. Was a long banner poster.

#2523 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Anyone grab a screen shot of the foo poster Jack showed I think last night? I tried to forward through video and can’t find it anymore. Was a long banner poster.

Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 7.42.49 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-04 at 7.42.49 PM (resized).png
#2524 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

EDIT: Beaten.

#2525 1 year ago

Uhhh...that's just a little better than the Bond banner.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2526 1 year ago

Is Jack the main villain?

#2527 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Uhhh...that's just a little better than the Bond banner.

Let’s just never speak of that abomination again.

#2528 1 year ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

Speaking of that. Something that caught my eye that I don't think has been mentioned...We know from Jack's comments (about the post hole etc) and from comments here that it would seem Jack made ONE pf (lock stock and barrel) and is using it for all 3 variants........fine. However, look at this picture below.
That's from the PRO stream. WHY would that be in the BOM for the Pro if the dead post wasn't ever going to be an option? Knowing Stern's track record about saving 15 cents here and there I find it insane or impossible that they would let Jack keep a metal ball guide into the left outlane of the PRO if there was only going to be a virtual ball return and not maybe a dead post addon kit in the future. It's just so unlike Stern to waste money like that, that ball guide is not cheap.[quoted image]

The pro version will run the pro code. Which has a software ball save as a replacement for the death save post. He talked about that on stream. So why would they go through they trouble of that if people could easily just add a post? You can't make your pro run premium code. You could probably disable the ball save to do a hacky post thing instead... Assuming you can get it to work reliably. But I'd be really surprised if stern, for the first time that I know of, offered a premium playfield mechanism for pro owners ala carte.

#2529 1 year ago

How do we get one of those!?

#2530 1 year ago

Thanks. I like it but not the robot on top. Wish it was the alien on side like the right side of head. May have to redo this. Also heard stern not giving banners to distributors anymore. Anyone hear this?

#2531 1 year ago
Quoted from JRay23:

How do we get one of those!?

I think it looks great, love to find one

#2532 1 year ago

I have no interest in banners, but that looks awesome.

#2534 1 year ago

Listened to insider ff podcast and they explained many of the steps in making the animations and videos. It was all done by a bunch of talented artists on Stern’s staff. For once, Stern is the tip of of the spear developing and using leading edge technology. That has got to be scary for other pinball manufacturers.

#2535 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Orange County Pinballs has them listed…. (For $15,999.00!!)
Edit: here’s another, but the price is insane.
ebay.com link: itm

Oh god don’t buy anything from that guy. He did not used to be like this, sadly he’s become one of the biggest price gougers in the hobby.

#2537 1 year ago

JD last night explained that when Taylor died last year they felt like it wasn’t good to do callouts unless every member was represented. So probably they hadn’t gotten call outs from Taylor at that time. He did say that “at this time” there were no band call outs.

My guess is that FF will record call outs in the next few months and it will be included in a later code update.

#2538 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

The pro version will run the pro code. Which has a software ball save as a replacement for the death save post. He talked about that on stream. So why would they go through they trouble of that if people could easily just add a post?

Why did they UV the playfields on the Pros and Premium/LE for Stranger Things and not tell anyone immediately? To upsell kits that should have been in the BoM from the beginning.

Fully integrated Foo Fighters Death Save kit for pros can be yours for only $399.99. That kind of thing. This is the nickel and dime era of Stern.

#2539 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Should be easy enough to install a pop up post that only triggers when the overdrive insert lights AND rollover switch is hit.
If the pro does a version of Overdrive that kicks out a new ball when active then the mod would also need to temporarily disable the auto launch as well.

I think the overdrive post should be permanent anyway. If you have skill why not reward the death save everytime. Simple mod. Pinballife.com post and rubber sleeve. Drill guide hole at proper spot. Screw it in.

#2540 1 year ago

Purchased a PRO on the first day of release. Has anybody heard how long it's going to take to ship out the PRO's and LE's?

#2541 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

I think the overdrive post should be permanent anyway. If you have skill why not reward the death save everytime. Simple mod. Pinballife.com post and rubber sleeve. Drill guide hole at proper spot. Screw it in.

It doesn’t seem very skillful to hold up a flipper to essentially cancel out all left outlane drains.

#2542 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Purchased a PRO on the first day of release. Has anybody heard how long it's going to take to ship out the PRO's and LE's?

If you are lucky and get one of the very few home pros on the operator pro run Stern is doing first, you could have your pro by late March. If are in the giant pro buyer pool that MISSES that, you're waiting 5-6 months until they do the full home pro run - currently scheduled for Jul-Aug. This is part of Stern's new "let them eat cake" Pro strategy of upselling those that don't want to wait into Prems. It debuted with Bond's haphazard rollout.

LEs will be late March into early April. Prems right after that.

#2543 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

You can't make your pro run premium code.

Why not? I guess we’d have to see if there was any way to disable the upper playfield functionality in case that could break. Some stranger Things pro owners are running premium code with the ball lock mech disabled to get the action button swipe a ball functionality.

#2544 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Why not? I guess we’d have to see if there was any way to disable the upper playfield functionality in case that could break. Some stranger Things pro owners are running premium code with the ball lock mech disabled to get the action button swipe a ball functionality.

Stern has started locking code with some flash setting on CPU boards from the factory (the STh projector is locked out of Pros like this). The ONLY reason Stranger Things can do Prem/LE projectors is one or more of the early code versions didn't have that, so you downgrade, switch over, then upgrade. You can't have that loophole on the newer machines.

I don't think there's a way around that currently.

#2545 1 year ago

#2546 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern has started locking code with some flash setting on CPU boards from the factory (the STh projector is locked out of Pros like this). The ONLY reason Stranger Things can do Prem/LE projectors is one or more of the early code versions didn't have that, so you downgrade, switch over, then upgrade. You can't have that loophole on the newer machines.
I don't think there's a way around that currently.

True, though that’s only for the projector. The swipe a ball is still open for business on current code (though that’s 100% software). Not sure if they have been or would limit coil-based mechs similarly on recent machines? Don’t know that there’s been a good reference for anything else recent that has a feature that could maybe be aftermarketed over or otherwise cobbled together.

In the end I wouldn’t count on the post functionality being available on pros even if the space is there for it.

#2547 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

True, though that’s only for the projector. The swipe a ball is still open for business on current code (though that’s 100% software). Not sure if they have been or would limit coil-based mechs similarly on recent machines? Don’t know that there’s been a good reference for anything else recent that has a feature that could maybe be aftermarketed over or otherwise cobbled together.
In the end I wouldn’t count on the post functionality being available on pros even if the space is there for it.

I could see them adding it with a mini node board (so the feature is lock-able like the projector in STh) for the $399.99 I've been joking about. Maybe $70 worth of parts (liberally estimated, probably way less in quantity) would give them a huge margin and almost all Pro owners would want it.

#2548 1 year ago

If anyone wants to trade their LE for my MET prem that’s in the market along with a 1k deposit on a first run Foo prem feel free to contact me

#2549 1 year ago

Where can I cop an le?

#2550 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Where can I cop an le?

I assume you mean for MSRP (plus tax, and maybe shipping) because LEs for $2-3k+ over MSRP are available. If MSRP LE is your goal, start calling, using this list as your guide:

https://sternpinball.com/find-a-dealer/

If you exhaust that, try the US distributors:

https://sternpinball.com/find-a-distributor/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MI
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/51?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.