5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 99.
#201 1 year ago

cant' believe people are already putting money down without even seeing one picture of what the playfield is like. Bad move.

#202 1 year ago

Haven't really kept up with their later LPs, but what heck, here's my wish list. Most of these are probably a lock, a couple have no chance in hell.

Monkey Wrench
Hey, Johnny Park!
Wind Up
Everlong
Stacked Actors
Breakout
Learn to Fly
Generator
All My Life
Low
The Pretender
Rope
White Limo
Run

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

cant' believe people are already putting money down without even seeing one picture of what the playfield is like. Bad move.

Worse then jonesing drug addicts.

#204 1 year ago

definitely curious if it has a alien, space integration

#205 1 year ago

Anything but that song that sounds like a razor commercial.
"Is someone getting the best, the best, the best a man can get, Gillette!"

#206 1 year ago

Seems like the clearcoat hasn’t dried on Bond and here Stern are with another 1000 LE’s to flog. In fact Bond LE’s haven’t even arrived down here.

Love the direction this seems to be going so far. Foo Fighter meets Aliens. Jack Dangers first. Yeti animations. Is that a first?

#207 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

If you're a fan of the band then it's believable. I like some of their songs so waiting for more reveal/info but for the ones going on straight FOMO it's a bad idea for sure.

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Might be a good time to get familiar with the origin of the term "foo fighter."

#209 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Seems like the clearcoat hasn’t dried on Bond and here Stern are with another 1000 LE’s to flog. In fact Bond LE’s haven’t even arrived down here.

Can't explain why the Bond LEs are taking so long, but bond was Playable at Chicago Expo last year - which is already 128 days ago, so roughly 4 months ago.

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Can't explain why the Bond LEs are taking so long, but bond was Playable at Chicago Expo last year - which is already 128 days ago, so roughly 4 months ago.

Move to new building ?

#211 1 year ago

[Stern Press release: Transcript from the office of Disney-Boy]
"Get those orders in!!! These Foo LE's will be gone just like Bond L...e...... oh wait a min.... um..... these LE's will be gone just like Bon... 60...... um.... hold on a sec......
You don't need pictures, or streams.... this is Jack's 1st real game...he'll show you how great it is at TP...F.......... um.....
Just buy it already!!!!!

.............Someone find me my price-raiser.... these damn games are getting too cheap..... you're still recording?...."

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Oh, Im not debating anything. I just have a feeling I wouldn't like you in person. Maybe your the total opposite in real life and we would be best friends forever!? Don't value thumbs ups or downs so much and you'll be happier.

Yeah but you miss out on fun. I had no idea about the upvote down vote thing. I now love up voting people that help me on threads and every now and then see someone down vote me for I have no idea why, but figure they must love down voting so they gets some down voting in the future just trying to help treat others the way they treat cha.

Smile life is short

#213 1 year ago

If they include Smells Like Teen Spirit, I'm in on a fucking LE, sight unseen, with price increase.

#214 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If they include Smells Like Teen Spirit, I'm in on a fucking LE, sight unseen, with price increase.

LOL WUT?

#215 1 year ago

Thumbs up for audacity.

#216 1 year ago

I’m so glad I’m over the FOMO express .That being said , I will have a decision to make which starts tonight watching they’re new movie as I just seen the bus in the trailer (i’d bet same style with a different storyline) and ends next week with the sizzle clips .I do not need a stream on this one as I have 100%confidence in JD coming out swinging .This new blood at Stern (designers ,coders , mechanical engineers ) the last 5 years is really sitting well with me .I just will need to decide next week to sell a game to fund a LE straight away or put a deposit down on a 2nd run prem so I can keep what we have and add to it I’m 95% sure I will own this pin it’s just when .

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeh, was such a drawn out launch though. And code is still at pre-launch.

#218 1 year ago

In, moved my Godzilla preorder to this.

#219 1 year ago

I totally slept on this so far it looks like it’s got tons of potential. ACNC meets GB. I might have to get this because CGC doesn’t make anything it seems. And here I was looking to throw my money at pulp fiction.

#220 1 year ago

Not ordering quite yet as I’m full with games I enjoy, but I’m fairly certain I’ll be grabbing a premium at some point.

#221 1 year ago

haven't seen it but sending 14K to Stern ....this what's wrong with this hobby !

what are the prices or don't people care before ordering !

#222 1 year ago

Should be plenty to go around.

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

This is why the prices are what they are.

#224 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m so glad I’m over the FOMO express .That being said , I will have a decision to make which starts tonight watching they’re new movie as I just seen the bus in the trailer (i’d bet same style with a different storyline) and ends next week with the sizzle clips .I do not need a stream on this one as I have 100%confidence in JD coming out swinging .This new blood at Stern (designers ,coders , mechanical engineers ) the last 5 years is really sitting well with me .I just will need to decide next week to sell a game to fund a LE straight away or put a deposit down on a 2nd run prem so I can keep what we have and add to it I’m 95% sure I will own this pin it’s just when .

Unless you are a super fan and need and LE (even then) there is zero need to rush into this. Lots and lots of supply will be available.

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Pinball: The addiction is real.

#226 1 year ago

For some such as myself, this is a grail theme so easy decision for LE or purchase sight unseen... For some it's not ... Great thing about freedom of choice... All I know is this is hitting the exact notes I hoped it would so far...

I was hoping for a themed based rock pin paying tribute to "fighting" something... In this case the origins of the bands name literally.. so combining that with aliens, awesome rock which included songs I'm sure not many have not heard outside of radio play...
And a side of comedy with Easter eggs aplenty ...toss in an A list design team.. and it's got the potential for greatness

#227 1 year ago

even with a dream theme, the 'sight unseen' thing is a bit much...

#228 1 year ago

nuts

#229 1 year ago

Yeti concert poster for those who have t seen or know he’s done some work for them previously.

498B7EC0-0DBF-4A87-BB86-2D68AA6CEF84 (resized).jpeg498B7EC0-0DBF-4A87-BB86-2D68AA6CEF84 (resized).jpeg
#230 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

For some such as myself, this is a grail theme so easy decision for LE or purchase sight unseen... For some it's not ... Great thing about freedom of choice... All I know is this is hitting the exact notes I hoped it would so far..

No explanation needed - hope it absolutely rocks!
Enjoy!!

#231 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

For some such as myself, this is a grail theme so easy decision for LE or purchase sight unseen... For some it's not ... Great thing about freedom of choice... All I know is this is hitting the exact notes I hoped it would so far...
I was hoping for a themed based rock pin paying tribute to "fighting" something... In this case the origins of the bands name literally.. so combining that with aliens, awesome rock which included songs I'm sure not many have not heard outside of radio play...
And a side of comedy with Easter eggs aplenty ...toss in an A list design team.. and it's got the potential for greatness

With your user name I think you're legally required to buy this game Seriously though I'm happy Foo Fighter fans got what looks to be an awesome pinball machine. All the pieces are there for this thing to kick ass. Foo Fighters vs Aliens is a game I want to play.

#232 1 year ago

Glad I learned my lesson last year on FOMO with HWN. Fuck, even if a Pink Floyd Pin were announced (my #1 Dream theme), I'd definitely have to see the playfield before I put my hard earned $$$ down. yep the addiction is real as some of you say haha

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Glad I learned my lesson last year on FOMO with HWN. Fuck, even if a Pink Floyd Pin were announced (my #1 Dream theme), I'd definitely have to see the playfield before I put my hard earned $$$ down. yep the addiction is real as some of you say haha

I really hope someday we get to "tear down the wall" with a pinball (or multiple pinballs)

#234 1 year ago
FB_IMG_1677277529737 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1677277529737 (resized).jpg
#235 1 year ago

Why are all these people flipping out over people being hyped for a new title? Nobody is going to buy anything unless it shoots well and has fun toys. This just looks way better than anything released in 222

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Why are all these people flipping out over people being hyped for a new title? Nobody is going to buy anything unless it shoots well and has fun toys. This just looks way better than anything released in 222

yet no one has seen a damn thing except for some teaser animations and are already assuming its going to be incredible. Playfields matter! I also like what stern has put out lately, but i think it's quite ballsy to fork out big bucks without even seeing a single screen shot of what the actual game looks like.

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Not really a fan of the music but if this pin is full of old school vans and ufo's, sign me up!

And dad jokes

#238 1 year ago

What’s with people calling classic rock and metal dad rock? You pinball people do know younger kids listen to a lot of these bands right? Go to any bar in any city and their music is still on because it’s timeless. Some of you guys are clueless when it comes to music I’m sorry.

#239 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pinball: The addiction is real.

It sure is my friend

#240 1 year ago

Very smart on Stern marketing to get the jump on everyone else at these historic high prices in pinball. There’s only so many hard earned dollars to spend for toys, with a raft of new titles coming out very soon.

#241 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

What’s with people calling classic rock and metal dad rock? You pinball people do know younger kids listen to a lot of these bands right? Go to any bar in any city and their music is still on because it’s timeless. Some of you guys are clueless when it comes to music I’m sorry.

It was meant as a joke, because of all the talk about dad jokes.

#242 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Might be a good time to get familiar with the origin of the term "foo fighter."

Exactly. World War II, fighter pilots, and UFO’s

#243 1 year ago

I'm 100% burned out on the Foo Fighters, but when I that happens to a band I like, I can still enjoy a tribute with good production.

#244 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Led Zeppelin was a grail theme for me and glad I didn’t get an LE sight unseen. But with ZY doing artwork, you are definitely in a better position on this. Congratulations on getting a grail theme.

#245 1 year ago
Quoted from LoPan:

Yeti concert poster for those who have t seen or know he’s done some work for them previously.
[quoted image]

Wow, that is fantastic art. Love it.

Not a Foo-fan, but that poster is fab.

#246 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Nobody is going to buy anything unless it shoots well and has fun toys.

They're so cute when they're fresh-faced.

You will learn (resized).pngYou will learn (resized).png

#247 1 year ago

Another theme around alien invasion? I hope they are taking a fresh angle at it.

#248 1 year ago

I've contacted 3 distributors, all of them had an LE available..... And no I'm only buying 1!!!!!

#249 1 year ago

Fresh designer, cool theme, great code/art team, lots of potential to be a great game. Nothing could make me pay sterns new prices though. I'm not even slightly tempted. 3-4 years ago I would have ordered one seconds after the announcement. 13K LE's and 10K premiums are roadblocks I'm never going to mentally be able to get over.

#250 1 year ago

from pinballnews: It appears as though the pinball will feature an alien invasion theme, with the band saving the Earth, Ghostbusters-style. That theme would be fitting given the term ‘Foo Fighter’ was used by pilots to refer to an unidentified flying object (UFO) during World War Two.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Gatos, CA
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 499.00
6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burlington, VT
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.