5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 99.
#2351 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Bangback in this case, but yeah.

I have never been able to successfully pull off a bang back I have hurt myself trying a few times though!

#2352 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

No they haven't always done that. Can't remember when it started, but those dead end shots on Led Z, Rush and others are what you get when you use one playfield.

The only other one that is the exact same would be Stranger Things. So, this makes 2 titles only that I know of.

#2354 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Don't need the deadpost in the Pro, just do a real death save. It is very rewarding.
PRO is the way to GO.

You do a lot of death saves from the left outlane, eh?

#2356 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I wonder if it'll be possible to just put a standard post in there. I know it won't be the same as an actuated one, but it would keep the spirit alive. It'll all depend on if you can kill the auto launch ball save on the pro, too.
While the deadpost is cool, it also strikes me as something that, like the JP moving TRex or Godzilla building, could lose novelty after the initial honeymoon phase. So that's helping me feel better about the pro (keeping a couple thousand in my pocket is good too).

It's just a mechanical ball save/ kickback into play, don't know why it would get old... It's not like it's always there... You have to earn it to use it

#2357 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Dave's driving the Van
[quoted image]

Yeah but the artwork on the cab is the action figures and playset... The video is the toon Foos

#2358 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

What the team did here with the theme is incredibly smart. Combining a band pin with a story grabbed a lot of interest from folks who do not necessarily worship the band by not just making it a concert in a box like nearly every other band pin. Stern probably doubled or tripled the number of people who are willing to buy this game by going for the more creative and fun story approach. This is the way forward for certain IP's...you basically have an original IP game supported by a popular band. Incredibly smart marketing.

They sure pulled me in! I don’t know a darned thing about the Foo Fighters, but Jack’s incredibly fun layout, Jeremy’s beautiful art, the amazing animations (Stern has finally gotten the LCD right!), and the clever Saturday morning cartoon heroes vs aliens theme have all caused me to go from having zero interest before the reveal to now having already paid in full for an LE. I can’t wait to add the Foo Fighters to my collection!

#2359 1 year ago

Glad Jack ditched the top lane rollovers,
pop bumper nest, weak / clunky plunges, scoops to start modes, fan layout
... So much cooler to see geometric and well thought out innovation.

My LE can't get here fast enough

#2360 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

You do a lot of death saves from the left outlane, eh?

No, but from the right lane it would hit about where the post would be and ends up on the right flipper. Same effect just starting from the opposite side

#2361 1 year ago

Didn't get to watch the streams. Did he explicitly say no tilt bob? Is the tilt via accelerometer? I think they had a patent granted for that.

#2362 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

They sure pulled me in! I don’t know a darned thing about the Foo Fighters, but Jack’s incredibly fun layout, Jeremy’s beautiful art, the amazing animations (Stern has finally gotten the LCD right!), and the clever Saturday morning cartoon heroes vs aliens theme have all caused me to go from having zero interest before the reveal to now having already paid in full for an LE. I can’t wait to add the Foo Fighters to my collection!

Thats the best part, he put in so many themes into and it still all gels. Its every 80s/90s pop culture theme all rolled into one, hard to pull that off

#2363 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Didn't get to watch the streams. Did he explicitly say no tilt bob? Is the tilt via accelerometer? I think they had a patent granted for that.

Wait, what?

#2364 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Ugh....it's the little thing that ppl don't catch that drive me nuts. The Van is render backwards on the rightside of the cab vs. All the other images we've seen. I asked stern on their FB page if the van was lefthand drive.........instantly deleted
[quoted image][quoted image]

When you listen to any of the artists talk about the product cycles they all talk about the crush to get all the artwork done in the amount of time available. So to find shortcuts like this is not that shocking. Nor is the oversight really all that meaningful.. the entire thing doesn't pass any sort of visual sanity check.

#2365 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

It was a joke.

#2366 1 year ago

Ah, I think Stern has a patent for detecting tilt via accelerometer, only reason I thought maybe it wasn't using the bob.

#2367 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2368 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Ugh....it's the little thing that ppl don't catch that drive me nuts. The Van is render backwards on the rightside of the cab vs. All the other images we've seen. I asked stern on their FB page if the van was lefthand drive.........instantly deleted
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey, some of us have no choice but to drive on the other side of the road.

#2369 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Hey, some of us have no choice but to drive on the other side of the road.

Ha....if that Van was JDM I wouldn't have an issue

#2372 1 year ago

Ordered a Prem before the stream. I cannot wait for this pin! Reveal verified my decision was correct. Slot open !!

DA7CC4B2-4A96-4DB5-B8D0-DE140FC26462 (resized).jpegDA7CC4B2-4A96-4DB5-B8D0-DE140FC26462 (resized).jpeg
#2374 1 year ago

Gameroom Guys has LE’s left if anyone is still looking. They are selling at MSRP.

#2375 1 year ago

Early development FOO VAN ...all the flat spots will be separate pieces like, Amps, Speakers, Boom Boxes for added details. Probably do some fiber optic lighting, Amp lights, headlights and of Course the FOO bomb flasher on top, should be pretty sweet once it has all the details and is wired up

20230303_161432 (resized).jpg20230303_161432 (resized).jpg20230303_161435 (resized).jpg20230303_161435 (resized).jpg20230303_163015 (resized).jpg20230303_163015 (resized).jpg

#2376 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hmm...there's a distro ad that says free shipping on the pro at msrp...that might actually be a deal...

I think that's the going price, I got basically the same price from 2 dif dist, one was $100 cheaper, one said shipping was included, the other had more of a disc but the shipping made up that dif.

#2377 1 year ago

In an interesting change of events, I'm in on an LE.

#2378 1 year ago

I love how the van looks like the Blues Mobile

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2379 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Gameroom Guys has LE’s left if anyone is still looking. They are selling at MSRP.

Pfft when I called them a few days ago they were 'only for their best customers' and I wasn't one of them. I'm sure they'll sell them all still regardless...

#2380 1 year ago

Stern wins foo > godfather

I know the movie is great overall but idk how they will make an exciting pin out of that drama. I’m out in theme but we’ll see.

#2381 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I love how the van looks like the Blues Mobile[quoted image]

Yes for sure, not a coincidence I expect.

#2382 1 year ago

Thought it’d be helpful to share an updated production schedule:

Pros for operators in 2 weeks

LEs late March/early-April

Prems early-April/Mid-April

Pros for home and 2nd run Prems July/August

#2383 1 year ago

I heard 2 weeks for le. Pro on line Monday.

#2384 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Thanks for the heads up. I can confirm they have one less LE now. Just grabbed one @ MSRP no CC fee.

#2385 1 year ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Thanks for the heads up. I can confirm they have one less LE now. Just grabbed one @ MSRP no CC fee.

Awesome!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2386 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I definitely wouldn't be unhappy with a Pro - leaning that way!

Even though I'm in for a Premium, this is the first Stern Pro that looks/plays just as good as most other Stern's Premiums (IM cough cough)..they both are almost very unique and feature-packed in their own right..BUT I MUST HAVE ME UPPER PF..gotta happen; don't see that too often (yet). they both are winners, so choose your victory

#2387 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Early development FOO VAN ...all the flat spots will be separate pieces like, Amps, Speakers, Boom Boxes for added details. Probably do some fiber optic lighting, Amp lights, headlights and of Course the FOO bomb flasher on top, should be pretty sweet once it has all the details and is wired up
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

you need a resin printer bro. still looks great though!

#2388 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:Even though I'm in for a Premium, this is the first Stern Pro that looks/plays just as good as most other Stern's Premiums (IM cough cough)..they both are almost very unique and feature-packed in their own right..BUT I MUST HAVE ME UPPER PF..gotta happen; don't see that too often (yet). they both are winners, so choose your victory

Agree. This Pro looks so good, it’s the first ever release I’ve actually considered one. Stern, Jack, you better code that upper pf to be awesome or your premium sales are going to suffer.

#2389 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

you need a resin printer bro. still looks great though!

It is resin... I just haven't changed to fep or dialed in my settings and there's shitty rattle can paint on it. The final version will be butter smooth with an airbrushed finish lol

#2390 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Agree. This Pro looks so good, it’s the first ever release I’ve actually considered one. Stern, Jack, you better code that upper pf to be awesome or your premium sales are going to suffer.

Doubtful but with the upcoming mods we are all going to neon the fuck on that upper pf etc. that’s the saving grace , plus the retention of value always makes way.

#2391 1 year ago

Would anyone be opposed to being able to customize pins to order, like cars, within obvious constraints?

Would love premium cabinet body, pro translite, pro playfield and premium dead post; oh and purple powder coat please!

Strongly considering moving my premium order to pro, I love the openness and greater feeling of speed/flow, but the cab art doesn’t do a lot for me, may or may not end up missing dead post and ultimately don’t know that I want to wait till mid summer for production.

#2392 1 year ago

I have to say I really like the flow and shot layout on both the premium and pro. The pro looks cleaner and fast. Does the pro have all the same modes and Multiballs?

#2393 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

I have to say I really like the flow and shot layout on both the premium and pro. The pro looks cleaner and fast. Does the pro have all the same modes and Multiballs?

It does, just different methods to activate various modes (at least one is the right ramp a number of times).

#2394 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I’ve been tempted to switch the to pro to save $$$
The LE is so purty though!!!!! I’m sure we’d all be happy with the pro.
Incredible first game for JD.
Amazing

Hope so, I downshifted to the pro and expect to be pretty satisfied. Upgrade the Alien and Van to sculpts and powdercoat the hardware and it’s a great custom pin for $7.5k. And it is so hot.

#2395 1 year ago

I'm looking forward to seeing how fast this plays. I'm in my sixties and my reflexes ain't what they used to be. I have good control on GZ but turtle's forget about it frustration sets in at about five minutes. The premium is probably to be a tiny bit slower than the pro I'm thinking.

#2396 1 year ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

I'm looking forward to seeing how fast this plays. I'm in my sixties and my reflexes ain't what they used to be. I have good control on GZ but turtle's forget about it frustration sets in at about five minutes. The premium is probably to be a tiny bit slower than the pro I'm thinking.

I'd say it's just as fast or faster than turtles.

#2397 1 year ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

Funny you say this because when I watched the livestream, I was thinking, “this as almost as fast/brutalas my TMNT pre”. It looks like a notch lower in difficulty than turtles, which is good, and where a lot of pins should be but ymmv. Sometimes a relaxing pin like Baywatch is a good thing as well.
But Foo is no picnic imo from looking

#2398 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I'd say it's just as fast or faster than turtles.

It’s super fast but has much more open shots than TMNT -less brick potential. Still plenty of reason to use the lower part of the pf though, and wide open outlanes, so ball times aren’t too long. Great mix - fast, flowy but satisfying.

#2399 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s super fast but has much more open shots than TMNT -less brick potential. Still plenty of reason to use the lower part of the pf though, and wide open outlanes, so ball times aren’t too long. Great mix - fast, flowy but satisfying.

I got rid of my turtles because of the difficulty and knowing I’ll never get to the wizard mode. Hopefully FF is a much friendlier shooter.

#2400 1 year ago

Claims that Foo Fighters music is “rock for mums” must be true……
F697438D-3625-4D3D-9D34-A5F8F07CCAC6 (resized).jpegF697438D-3625-4D3D-9D34-A5F8F07CCAC6 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Prescott, WI
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 499.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 16.50
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/48?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.