5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 99.
#2151 1 year ago

They just dropped a hint that the dead post will be an upgrade option for the pro down the road.

#2152 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

They just dropped a hint that the dead post will be an upgrade option for the pro down the road.

He literally just said the complete opposite

#2153 1 year ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I believe the quote I heard from JD was “Internet, the world is a strange place and things happen. Keep hoping.” Then Rebecca said something about working in the upgrades department and how she would love to sell something like that. Then she said she might get in trouble for saying that.

What did you hear?

#2154 1 year ago

Someone asked if the death save hole was accessible on the Pro and Jack said "maaaaayybe". Felt like a wink, wink, nudge, nudge type of a reply.

#2155 1 year ago

^^^

This.

#2156 1 year ago

Dead post def gonna happen if a modder don't do it first. ... it was probably on the pro originally but they took it out to make more money as a mod/upgrade

#2157 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Someone asked if the death save hole was accessible on the Pro and Jack said "maaaaayybe". Felt like a wink, wink, nudge, nudge type of a reply.

So would you still install pro code or install premium code? The pro just treats it as a ball save. The topper has me more curious. This machine is gonna make me broke

#2158 1 year ago

So would you still install pro code or install premium code? The pro just treats it as a ball save. The topper has me more curious. This machine is gonna make me broke

Hopefully they sell it as an upgrade/include an adjustment to enable it the same way as a real knocker instead of the Stern Squawk.

#2159 1 year ago

The pro looks awesome. Fast as fook.

#2160 1 year ago

Wow, I have a premium on order but this PRO....it's flow for days and the more open area in the upper left is great. If the dead post is an option to add to a pro later? Geez....

#2161 1 year ago
Quoted from CurtisC:

I thinking pro... i have a wiz with a very similar upper playfield, and it frustrates me... I can add the dead post, so not a big deal there, and I like being able to see the capture ball. Since it still has metal hobbit trails, it doesn't look cheap (like a pro mando)

Has than been talked about? You'll be able to add the dead post onto the pro?

#2162 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurium:

They strongly hinted that it will be available for add on later.

#2163 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurium:

I think its mostly wishful thinking because all it would take is to have an adjustment and then buy like a $40 or $50 part.

#2164 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurium:

I would just buy the part and figure out the trigger using a micro-controller, probably disable the left outline switch when overdrive is lit and have it pop up.... or at my skill level, just leave it up all the time... the left drain kills me on SW, to the point i'm thinking about putting a rubber between the posts...

#2165 1 year ago

I think what people don’t understand about the jump between the pro to premium is that it’s not just about the code or the coils it’s also about control boards. You can’t just add a coil to a game that’s not how things work at all.

#2166 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I think what people don’t understand about the jump between the pro to premium is that it’s not just about the code or the coils it’s also about control boards. You can’t just add a coil to a game that’s not how things work at all.

There just has to be one spare driver on the pro and its possible without adding another node board.

#2167 1 year ago

You can add the dead post to the pro but only if you pay the upgraded insider connected fee.

#2168 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Jack really wants a Power Rangers pinball to exist just like a Golden Girls pinball.

I unironically think Golden Girls would be a hilarious amazing pin.

#2169 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I unironically think Golden Girls would be a hilarious amazing pin.

THIS !

#2170 1 year ago
F8F5AF5B-1082-456F-A353-89C035C0ED62 (resized).jpegF8F5AF5B-1082-456F-A353-89C035C0ED62 (resized).jpeg
#2171 1 year ago

To the people that hit me up, I'll send this one out to you soon, but here is another prop I made. Simple gun from the album and the layout for printing parts to assemble. Link still waiting for acct verification since it's a new account. Link will work tomorrow if you want it.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5887528
gun (resized).pnggun (resized).png

#2172 1 year ago

Was there anything coded for the upper pf on the LE yesterday?

#2173 1 year ago

Pro looks sweet! Super fast....and the ladies, wow they really do live up to thier namesake, was it 'Hot Nudge'? Thet were moving the game all over...that was awesome, I need to learn to do that! Jack should have them over more often!

#2174 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

There just has to be one spare driver on the pro and its possible without adding another node board.

I was gonna mention this but figured I wouldn't get into the details.

But it is very possible that there isnt one and that is why it was costed out of the Pro (the node board AND the mech) and not just the actual mech itself. For me, Id rather the deadpost more than that cool kicker target but that might just be me.

Hell, you COULD even tie the deadpost to the autolaunch transistor and always fire them both simultaneously to get around it as well.

#2175 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Mocked-up some powder coating color examples for a friend of mine purchasing an FF Premium, so thought I would share.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

purple all day

#2176 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I didn't understand how the lock targets work on the upper PF. Sounded like to start Area 51, you just needed to hit the right ramp 5 times? Is that right? So, perhaps not coded in yet?

#2177 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

I didn't understand how the lock targets work on the upper PF. Sounded like to start Area 51, you just needed to hit the right ramp 5 times? Is that right? So, perhaps not coded in yet?

5 right ramps on the pro, you have to progress to Area 51 on the upper playfield for the premium and then hit the right loop on the upper pf to start.

#2178 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

5 right ramps on the pro, you have to progress to Area 51 on the upper playfield for the premium and then hit the right loop on the upper pf to start.

Nice! Thanks for clarifying.

#2179 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Even if code never supports it, you could add a static post to the pro for kids, like those bowling alley bumpers.

Forget the kids I need one lol

#2180 1 year ago

This is the post regarding the hole in the pro playfield

Screenshot_20230302-194026 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230302-194026 (resized).png
#2181 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I really hope they code some interesting stuff for the upper playfield. My biggest gripe about the Stern 2/3 tier model is the extra PF features on the PreLE are usually code afterthoughts in an effort to keep the code mostly similar over the 2 tiers. Particularly noticeable with upper PF's because there is so much you could do which rarely, if ever, happens.

#2182 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

I’m sure pinstadium is already working on it

#2183 1 year ago
58F8B89C-BAA2-408E-B34C-13D86230E824 (resized).jpeg58F8B89C-BAA2-408E-B34C-13D86230E824 (resized).jpeg
#2184 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The pro looks awesome. Fast as fook.

Was the Pro reveal tonight? I didnt see it on Twitch.

#2185 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Was the Pro reveal tonight? I didnt see it on Twitch.

Yes

#2186 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I really hope they code some interesting stuff for the upper playfield. My biggest gripe about the Stern 2/3 tier model is the extra PF features on the PreLE are usually code afterthoughts in an effort to keep the code mostly similar over the 2 tiers. Particularly noticeable with upper PF's because there is so much you could do which rarely, if ever, happens.

Fully agree. Make me want to be up there...for instance, for the New York spinner mode, give me double spins for getting both spinners going at the same time.

#2187 1 year ago

Stern should add the death save post at the factory to the pro. Even if they charge a extra $100 for it. No one would complain.

#2188 1 year ago
Link please. I dont see it.

#2189 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Link please. I dont see it.

The stream is over. He will save it to YT later.

#2190 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Quoted from cooked71:

Area 51 MB on the LE last night was:
1) hit the two lock targets on the upper playfield
2) then hit the upper playfield inner orbit to light MB
3) then started MB at the target on the outer loop of the upper playfield that gets exposed by the diverter that lifts up

Jack said he didn't want the upper playfield to be a grind where you feel like you're living on the upper playfield so he's deliberately kept it pretty quick and clean.

#2191 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Area 51 MB on the LE last night was:
1) hit the two lock targets on the upper playfield
2) then hit the upper playfield inner orbit to light MB
3) then started MB at the target on the outer loop of the upper playfield that gets exposed by the diverter that lifts up
Jack said he didn't want the upper playfield to be a grind where you feel like you're living on the upper playfield so he's deliberately kept it pretty quick and clean.

That's pretty cool. Don't mind it being quicker up there. Having said that, would like more than one reason to be up there.

#2192 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Pinmonk currently in production of the "Left Flipper Cooling Fan XL" for that right ramp

Either the Tibetan Breeze standard or ZEN kits will handle it, no problem.

But yeah, I did notice it was quite steep.

#2193 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That's pretty cool. Don't mind it being quicker up there. Having said that, would like more than one reason to be up there.

Reason 2,,, it's fun! :That is a great designed upper, 4 or 5 shots, and its quick. I really like looks of it.

#2194 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Reason 2,,, it's fun! :That is a great designed upper, 4 or 5 shots, and its quick. I really like looks of it.

Exactly, it's a great looking upper PF. Hope it's coded as good as it looks!

#2195 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I hope so, because I am digging the pro

#2196 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Stern should add the death save post at the factory to the pro. Even if they charge a extra $100 for it. No one would complain.

agree

#2197 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

If you grew up in the 70's and 80's vans were the coolest thing ever!![quoted image]

So true!

8890F26B-B556-4904-AB54-B08A9A97C19C (resized).png8890F26B-B556-4904-AB54-B08A9A97C19C (resized).png
#2198 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed that this is in the animations along with the 'let the freak flag fly' callout. Nothing against LGTBQ+XYZ but does it really NEED to be in a pinball machine?? Let pinball be pinball.

Grow up

#2199 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I believe the LGBLTQ references are to support the guitarist Pat Smear. Doesn't bother me.

While I’m sure Pat is supportive, his wife and kid might disagree with your apparent assumption.

#2200 1 year ago

Anyone actually changing from a premium to a pro after the stream tonight? The pro looks fast!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Northwood, OH
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MI
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 139.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/44?hl=sluggo39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.