5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 99.
#2051 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

lol..But to your callout comment, and everyone else that craves callouts, I'd personally do NOT want band member callouts..actually brings me into the story more..but maybe I'm the unicorn with that mindset. I like the pin and animations do most of the work (think IM). That's better in my book (in certain cases). I'm not a rock pin guy, (and this will be my first)..so if it's more 'Attack from Marsy', the better.

I agree ,IMDN is my favorite for callouts but still would like some from the band .If it happens I’m sure it wouldn’t be the crazy amount some pins have as there’s a tour to start soon .

#2052 1 year ago

Game looks amazing. I was personally hoping for a He-Man but this will do LOL. Maybe it was because I had He-Man on the brain but the alien sounds like skeletor from mild childhood memories of watching the cartoon. Granted that was 40 years ago lol

Game looks great.

#2053 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

lol..But to your callout comment, and everyone else that craves callouts, I'd personally do NOT want band member callouts..actually brings me into the story more..but maybe I'm the unicorn with that mindset. I like the pin and animations do most of the work (think IM). That's better in my book (in certain cases). I'm not a rock pin guy, (and this will be my first)..so if it's more 'Attack from Marsy', the better.

I'm partly with you there. The only reason I think it would be cool here is because the band has such a sense of humor. I would absolutely love Dave Grohl and the other guys saying stuff. Obviously we don't want incessant callouts but there's such potential there to make the game even more fun. They could still tie the callouts into the storyline so it's not just "shoot the left ramp." But yeah regardless of that this game still looks kick ass.

#2054 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m tempted to buy this game but something would have to go
Wonka LE - Iron Maiden Pre or Stranger Things Pre?

For sure Wonka LE....I only had a Wonka at my house for a few months (I still think DI is their best pin which is at my house, and I also have a POTC here). I'll actually be selling a IMDN pro to make room for FFLE, but that was a HARD choice....just hard to let go of anything and its the pin I've had the longest...first NIB of mine).

#2055 1 year ago

Callouts in Rush by the band were fun. Dave callouts would be awesome.. They also couldve gotten his buddy Jack Black to do callouts - I worked on Brutal Legend with him.. he loves doing that kind of stuff.

#2056 1 year ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Callouts in Rush by the band were fun. Dave callouts would be awesome.. They also couldve gotten his buddy Jack Black to do callouts - I worked on Brutal Legend with him.. he loves doing that kind of stuff.

What I'd give for a Tenacious D pin with this same kind of treatment. Hell, just make it the Pick of Destiny!

#2057 1 year ago

That ball had some good speed in the LE stream.
Have a feeling the potential flow pro buyers are going to be happy as well.

#2058 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What I'd give for a Tenacious D pin...

Even just a tribute would be good

#2059 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Keep fightin' the good fight my man!

I meant this in a good way. I have not purchased a NIB in a bit, but starting to get the itch with this one.

#2060 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I think pinball “blue light specials “ would be great for the hobby .Maybe before a pin is retired have a small run at ruduced prices in a lottery or waiting list type setup .

I don't know what you've been smoking, but I want some!

#2061 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys really need to stop trying to wish DLC into existence.

DLC is a great thing and it can keep the game fresh for years to come. Paying for it is not kool.

#2062 1 year ago

Needless to say, we're excited about FOO FIGHTERS, took a break today to bang out an idea.... the FOO HORN prototype will be a flasher that's mounted on a post tied into the spinner ....just think Tesla Towers but for FOO HORN lol

#2063 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

DLC is a great thing and it can keep the game fresh for years to come. Paying for it is not kool.

Its worked for Tesla. Whoops. Sorry... I'm in the no cargument zone.

#2064 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Needless to say, we're excited about FOO FIGHTERS, took a break today to bang out an idea.... the FOO HORN prototype will be a flasher that's mounted on a post tied into the spinner ....just think Tesla Towers but for FOO HORN lol

cool special effects .Your hand is lifting when it lights up.

#2065 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I don't know what you've been smoking, but I want some!

I’m smoking “Blue Light Special@ of course

#2066 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

cool special effects .Your hand is lifting when it lights up.

Lol....too lazy to put it all together properly....I got the effect I wanted

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2067 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Lol....too lazy to put it all together properly....I got the effect I wanted

Im sure I want 1 already.

#2068 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I feel like Grohl not being all over this thing with a bunch of callouts is a bit unGrohl as well.

It's .80 code. Callouts are probably the least essential aspect of barebones launch code.

#2069 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

It might be the first modern game since The Shadow to have no pops. Not 100% on that, but very possible.

Gary always demanded pops. I prefer a single pop like GZ has for added randomness. 3 is too many and 4, like on Toy Story, is massive waste of energy and space.

What I like on FF is the in lane ray targets, DeadFlip post and close left ramp Ala Johnny Numonic. Df has pulled from other successful pins on this layout.

#2070 1 year ago

Has the targets in the inlanes been done before? I've never seen it.

#2071 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Has the targets in the inlanes been done before? I've never seen it.

Yes, Jack specifically said he took the layout (including the shape of the sling plastics) from Heavy Metal Meltdown.

#2072 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Gary always demanded pops. I prefer a single pop like GZ has for added randomness. 3 is too many and 4, like on Toy Story, is massive waste of energy and space.
What I like on FF is the in lane ray targets, DeadFlip post and close left ramp Ala Johnny Numonic. Df has pulled from other successful pins on this layout.

I wish it had at least 2 but I guess that kicking target is sort of a pop.. at least we get drop targets.

#2073 1 year ago

I'm all for this trend of putting cool, unique stuff in games at the expense of pop bumpers & scoops.

#2074 1 year ago

Did they hit the inlane targets at all last night? or even try?

#2075 1 year ago

I’m okay with no pops. Love that. Normally just want my ball back and it slows down the game. TNA is the best use of a pop ever. Old Indiana Jones seems like the balls always up in the pops.

#2076 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Ok that’s actually cool

#2077 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Yes. I'm not sure it's so much a 'try' as a it just kind of happens based on inertia.

#2078 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's .80 code. Callouts are probably the least essential aspect of barebones launch code.

There has to be band callouts in the game. Just can’t imaging FF having zero involvement. But from what we saw on the stream it appears they weren’t involved at all.

It will really suck if it’s all stuck behind the topper paywall bullshit that is just DLC by stealth.

#2079 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Yes and yes!

#2080 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I’m okay with no pops. Love that. Normally just want my ball back and it slows down the game. TNA is the best use of a pop ever. Old Indiana Jones seems like the balls always up in the pops.

Honestly I'm tired of pops. I like the one on GZ but the when the ball really gets stuck in them like on my GB, it's a bit silly.

Hopefully less pops or none is the new trend at Stern!

#2081 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Honestly I'm tired of pops. I like the one on GZ but the when the ball really gets stuck in them like on my GB, it's a bit silly.
Hopefully less pops or none is the new trend at Stern!

Hopefully the end result is no rules for or against pops, and allowing the designer to place them when and where they add the most fun.

#2082 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

This game looks fantastic, and everyone who contributed to its creation should be proud.
My one gripe from the stream is something that I'm sure will be fixed in future code updates: I'm pretty sure I saw the shoot again insert flashing during the light show several times, when no ball save was active. No no, Stern. No no.

I thought it was cool that they have an insert under the guitar distortion pedal art that flashes the box and shoe when the death post is active. Small detail, but neat.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2083 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought it was cool that they have an insert under the guitar box art that flashes when the death post is active. Small detail, but neat.

There are a lot of details that I love - One other is the 2x playfield, in addition to flashing on the playfield, the 2X pulses / appears to wiggle on the LCD to call attention to it more so than simply counting down.

#2084 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Haha awesome, I thought of that too but you nailed it! Looks awesome!! I thought you could mount two of them where the spotlights are?

#2085 1 year ago

It will be interesting to see the pro stream tonight.

A few things I noticed last night. The right ramp rejected about half or more of the shots. It seems pretty tight although the ball rips up there when hit squarely. Upper playfield was decent but slowed the game. Wondering if this is one of those "pro for the flow" games. I also didn't see them shoot that cool left shot that went across to the right then back around to the right flipper very often (the shot that was on Jacks homebrew basically). It seems really interesting but it didn't seem to be coded as a valuable shot yet.

I may be more pumped to see the pro, because if it is the flow monster I think it may be... well.. I may be sleeping in the garage after my wife see's the receipt.

Note: that is ok though as that is where I keep the pins

#2086 1 year ago

I am excited to see the Pro stream because I am to broke for the premium. lol

#2087 1 year ago

I like how Ray coded in the UW campus in the Seattle mode. I think he went to college there.

#2088 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm all for this trend of putting cool, unique stuff in games at the expense of pop bumpers & scoops.

Bop bumpers for the sake of having them is stupid. I love they're not afraid to have games without them.

#2089 1 year ago

Welp, and I thought I was going to sit out of the NIB frenzy in 2023...NOPE, I'm in baby! Huge congratulations to Jack and the team at Stern. This game, this reveal, this art, this music...well done! Been keeping up with all the news and streams and going to be watching the pro stream tonight. A couple things I'm watching for are:

1. Besides some kind of multiplier, what else are the van upgrades going to do? Perhaps there is a fully loaded van multi-ball or something of that sort, something that can aid progression rather than just add points.

2. Any other multi-balls planned other than the center alien lock (don't remember the term) and area 51? I'm not a big multi-ball guy but two seems a little thin, for example Deadpool has around 5 than are easily achieved.

3. Looking more closely at the Combotron - that looks pretty sweet.

4. Anything else that peaks my interest and adds to my excitement!

#2091 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Welp, and I thought I was going to sit out of the NIB frenzy in 2023...NOPE, I'm in baby! Huge congratulations to Jack and the team at Stern. This game, this reveal, this art, this music...well done! Been keeping up with all the news and streams and going to be watching the pro stream tonight. A couple things I'm watching for are:
1. Besides some kind of multiplier, what else are the van upgrades going to do? Perhaps there is a fully loaded van multi-ball or something of that sort, something that can aid progression rather than just add points.
2. Any other multi-balls planned other than the center alien lock (don't remember the term) and area 51? I'm not a big multi-ball guy but two seems a little thin, for example Deadpool has around 5 than are easily achieved.
3. Looking more closely at the Combotron - that looks pretty sweet.
4. Anything else that peaks my interest and adds to my excitement!

Didn't follow the code in great detail, but agree, 6 city modes and a couple of multiballs seems a little light on. Surely there's alot to come.

Were there any other side modes apart from the cities? Some solid non multiball modes / mini wizard modes etc?

We are only at .8 so obviously pre complete, so assuming alot more to come.....including Grohl callouts!!!!

#2092 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Didn't follow the code in great detail, but agree, 6 city modes and a couple of multiballs seems a little light on. Surely there's alot to come.
Were there any other side modes apart from the cities? Some solid non multiball modes / mini wizard modes etc?
We are only at .8 so obviously pre complete, so assuming alot more to come.....including Grohl callouts!!!!

The modes seemed pretty long right now. Did they even finish more than one between all the players in the whole LE stream?

#2093 1 year ago

Deadpool only has like 5 major battles/quests, then a few side scoring features and a few sub wizard modes in additional to a final wizard mode. Most people are happy with the amount of content in that game. (I think because the major modes play and sound so different). I imagine it will be a lot like Deadpool in terms of amount of content...

#2094 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did they even finish more than one between all the players in the whole LE stream?

Yeah, I saw them finish the rainbow jetpack (?) mode a couple times. Could be more, I was simultaneously cooking dinner and entertaining a five-year-old.

#2095 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There are two additional cities for completing 3 and 6 of the main cities. Mini-wizard modes? Might not be coded yet.

#2096 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah, I saw them finish the rainbow jetpack (?) mode a couple times. Could be more, I was simultaneously cooking dinner and entertaining a five-year-old.

I meant main city modes. I only saw one completed.

#2097 1 year ago

...and I assume completing the Foobot is some kind of mini-wizard mode/multiball.

#2098 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Disagree on the "B" theme. It also seems to me that we are officially in an era where theme is very important, but perhaps behind design in the final assessment. I was on the Toy Story list for 2 years expecting the final Lawlor game to be packed with toys like Monster Bash. James Bond has his hands tied by licensing. Mandalorian is a massively appealing theme, but I couldn't do it: why didn't Grogu move the ball with the magnet, and what's up with the helmet?
Just look at Iron Maiden, so many people complaining about that ("B theme"?!) game, and yet it remains epic. So this FF release is a little unexpected. I didn't get Led Zep, but am in on FF? Yeah, because this game looks amazing! The theme and story are going to be incredibly fun.

Also, fast is great, like IMDN, Tron, IM, etc.

Yeah I like FF but yes, B theme for me. But that’s truly subjective - so I get why someone wouldn’t agree.

Get ready for this one - I think maiden is a C theme! Oh no…! I actually despise maiden entirely and is whyI don’t own one still but again truly subjective as I know some think it’s a great theme.

What isn’t as subjective is that really cool FF layout. Danger did well but 13k for that LE? Sorry I just need more. I do think they did a great job with what they had to work with. Animations are some of the best I’ve seen from Stern!

#2099 1 year ago

For people griping about the lack of a 'death save post' on the pro - it would be pretty easy to have a mod that adds an additional flipper button that activates an up post that is only available under certain conditions. Arduino, coil, flipper button, blade switch, and a little bit of drilling and programming - could be a fun project for about $50. I'd take a crack at it but I'm buying a premium.

#2100 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

For people griping about the lack of a 'death save post' on the pro - it would be pretty easy to have a mod that adds an additional flipper button that activates an up post that is only available under certain conditions. Arduino, coil, flipper button, blade switch, and a little bit of drilling and programming - could be a fun project for about $50.

Thought about this already. Making it so if the insert is lit and the rollover is then it you can trigger the post, but they said the pro will instead do a ball save and just send another up the shooter lane before it even registers the drain. If you do install a post the game and do the death save the existing machine code will prob shoot a ball out and then your actually adding a second ball into play when you shouldn't. Or am I wrong?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Toronto, ON
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.