5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 99.
#101 1 year ago

I want :

White Limo
Hey Johnny Park
Enough Space
Weenie Beenie
Rope
Breakout
DOA
Enough Space
For All the Cows
I'll Stick Around
Iron Rooster
The Last Song
Learn to Fly
Make A Bet
Monkey Wrench
My Hero
Stacked Actors
My Poor Brain
The One
The Pretender
Sean
Something for Nothing
Walking a Line

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Jack Danger is a question mark. Only designed the JP home pin so far

which I thought was great for what it was!

#103 1 year ago
F8599C18-9358-4A8A-9F66-4E6FA604D12C (resized).jpegF8599C18-9358-4A8A-9F66-4E6FA604D12C (resized).jpeg
#104 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I'm getting sick of these unoriginal pinball themes. We've had enough vans, when are we getting a pickup-truck themed game??
[quoted image]

If you grew up in the 70's and 80's vans were the coolest thing ever!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#105 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I want :
Hey Johnny Park

My favorite of their songs, doubt it makes the cut though.

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Jack Danger is a question mark. Only designed the JP home pin so far

I agree.

JPh was ok but... At least you know the other 3 guys were likely helping him out.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

FOMO and FOO love has got me

#108 1 year ago

Yeti on artwork too? could be one sweet caravan!

#109 1 year ago

I'm in on an LE. Hope its better than Bond SLE.... lol

#110 1 year ago

So far, I am digging this! At first I was like "yay! Not dad rock!". Then I realized these guys were popular when I was young, and I am over 40. So they sctually are dad rock, and these other music pins are actually AARP-rock.

Thinking out loud here...this IP was probably not super expensive, which means more money for possible playfield fun stuff. Knowing how down to earth the band is, it is possible they had access to assets at the same or similar level to what JJP had with GnR. The animation in the teaser is excellent. Jack did an awesome job with a lower BOM JP home pin...so I am pretty excited to see what he can do here.

I know its the longest of long shots to make it in, but I really like their Baker Street cover.

#111 1 year ago

Still wondering what is "doing something different" with this that George Gomez alluded to.

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

So far, I am digging this! At first I was like "yay! Not dad rock!". Then I realized these guys were popular when I was young, and I am over 40. So they sctually are dad rock, and these other music pins are actually AARP-rock.
Thinking out loud here...this IP was probably not super expensive, which means more money for possible playfield fun stuff. Knowing how down to earth the band is, it is possible they had access to assets at the same or similar level to what JJP had with GnR. The animation in the teaser is excellent. Jack did an awesome job with a lower BOM JP home pin...so I am pretty excited to see what he can do here.
I know its the longest of long shots to make it in, but I really like their Baker Street cover.

This is "younger dad" rock LOL!

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Alright let's start the 'must have' list: Times Like These, Hero, Pretender, Monkey Wrench, Best of You…
What else you got?

Everlong, Let it Die, My Hero, Sky is a Neighborhood, Breakout, I'll Stick Around, This is a Call, Wheels, These Days, Walk.... The list is endless!!

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Still wondering what is "doing something different" with this that George Gomez alluded to.

My guess is that it's a band pin, but with an original storyline instead of generic "play the song" modes.

#115 1 year ago

In on an LE.

Seen Foo a few times, far from my favourite but I know they don't do anything half assed and I'm sure Dave was involved as much as slash was with GNR. Hopefully with better results.

As someone said before Danger is the only unknown but he's young so I think that will bring some new ideas.

#116 1 year ago

Happy for all the fans of the band. Excited to see the layout, art and game play. I support Jack for sure. A great guy! Curious to see pricing. Would love to see a drop in price for a LE. NIB pins from Stern are so overpriced. May get I one down the road if a good pin. I have a feeling it will be great!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#117 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

My guess based on the tease would be that they are doing this as a music pin but making it a sort of hybrid with a non ip story/theme. Foo Fighters acting as a "band" of "fighters" trying to stop an alien attack.

That would actually be pretty different compared to the last 5 years of music pins they did that were mostly just about the band and music.

Also It would be amazing if they did the expression lighting like LZ had, but on all trims

#118 1 year ago

SLAMT1LT Could you please give us the virtual pin on this ASAP???

Thanks

#119 1 year ago

I am not the biggest fan of their music, but I said the same thing about IMDN and Rush and they grew on me because the music was attached to amazing pins.

Excited to see Zombie Yeti back, Jack D has massive shoes to fill with Elwin and Borg consistently putting out great designs lately.

#120 1 year ago

It is so cool to see Taylor in the van with the group!! Obviously the only way Dave does this pin. I can’t wait to see how they honor him, he was such a huge part of the stage presence at FF shows.

A634F7DF-BBA4-4AC0-96AF-ECE2869A26F8 (resized).jpegA634F7DF-BBA4-4AC0-96AF-ECE2869A26F8 (resized).jpeg
#121 1 year ago

Where are the playfield leaks??? When bond came out, we had full pictures by now!! Come on!!!!

#122 1 year ago

Nice to see another rock pin coming out - especially one with a relatively newer band. I’m certain it will sell well.

#123 1 year ago

i feel like music pins could take a bit of "rock band" approach to some of the modes. Break the songs up into stems and make it so the player has to make shots to get all of the parts to play together.

I dont know Jack or Dave personally but from everything I have seen of them publicly it feels like their personalities would be a great match for collaborating on something like this.

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The amount of self-realization in this post had me cracking up. “AARP-Rock”

#125 1 year ago

Has there been another rock pin of a band that formed after FF (1994)?

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

It is so cool to see Taylor in the van with the group!! Obviously the only way Dave does this pin. I can’t wait to see how they honor him, he was such a huge part of the stage presence at FF shows.[quoted image]

A mode just done as a tribute to Taylor would be awesome

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

A mode just done as a tribute to Taylor would be awesome

I have to think the odds of that happening are high.

#128 1 year ago

I'm listening....their music itself is hit or miss with me (absolutely love some, but most of it I could care less for). However, I think Dave is a nice, great, down to Earth person.

but...I know they won't do this, but something based loosely around the 666 movie would be cool, rather than just a generic music machine.

#129 1 year ago

For those that are asking, pricing is unchanged, this has been confirmed. If ytour looking to order, we would be happy to try to help you, earlier the better to avoid long waits

#130 1 year ago

KISS guy should be a major mode and not just some dumb "kiss guy multiball"... Maybe the whole game should just be "KISS Guy"

#131 1 year ago

Please bring this game to TPF Stern!

#132 1 year ago

Happy for the Foos...... and their Foo-Fans.

Everyone should have their dream theme released, whatever that is.

Not a theme for me, and that's cool.

Thumbs up for the people excited and pumped today!! Curious what your machine looks like

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#133 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Please bring this game to TPF Stern!

It will almost certainly be at TPF.

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from Tilt:

For those that are asking, pricing is unchanged, this has been confirmed. If ytour looking to order, we would be happy to try to help you, earlier the better to avoid long waits

Thanks Troy.

How about the LE amount. Still 1,000?

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

EDIT -My multiple people must be mis-informed...glad it will be at both!

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I have heard from multiple folks TPF- No, MGC- Yes.

I have it on pretty good authority it will be at TPF.

#137 1 year ago

Yeah, TPF themselves posted it was going to be there, so...

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Thank god....stones is pretty fun to shoot other than mick on a stick. haha

You remember Mick on a Stick...now brace yourself for Grohl on a Pole!

(just kidding, I have no insider knowledge)

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Monkeywrench Multiball or gtfo

I can't think of a better song to use for MB.

#140 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thanks Troy.
How about the LE amount. Still 1,000?

yes, 1000 LE

#141 1 year ago

All my life I’ve been searchin for SHOOT THE RIGHT RAMP never comes never JACKPOT

/pins with lyrics bother me - I'm a huge FF fan, too

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from Joshhardy23:

My guess based on the tease would be that they are doing this as a music pin but making it a sort of hybrid with a non ip story/theme. Foo Fighters acting as a "band" of "fighters" trying to stop an alien attack.
That would actually be pretty different compared to the last 5 years of music pins they did that were mostly just about the band and music.
Also It would be amazing if they did the expression lighting like LZ had, but on all trims

The storyline with music works so well in Iron Maiden - I'd be 1000% stoked if they took the same approach here.

#143 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Yep. I also live in Fort Worth and have reserved a floor game so it will be there.

#144 1 year ago

Quoted from Capn12:

Yep. I also live in Fort Worth and have reserved a floor game so it will be there.

Sweet! Shaping up to be a fun trip!
Thanks

#145 1 year ago

Reserved a premium TPF show model!

#146 1 year ago

Nice to see FOMO still alive and well

#147 1 year ago

interesting .... so far a cross between ghostbusters and Scooby-doo ?

#148 1 year ago

I got 1 LE left fellas, who wants it?

#149 1 year ago

That's the van Dave Grohl bought in '95 for their first big tour. They did a small van tour in 2020 with it. He still owns it.

I got hopeful when George Gomez did that interview recently with Joel Engelberth that it wouldn't be just a stale band pin. It's FIGHTING ALIENS WITH ROCK N' ROLL!

When I made a list of dream themes 7 years ago (after I had a few machines), Foo Fighters was at the top of my list of bands I love that are popular enough to have a pin made, but haven't yet. (311 would also be awesome)

-Jack Danger's first cornerstone
-Tanio Klyce's second lead software effort (Deadpool was amazing)
-Zombie Yeti art
-Foo Fighters music

I can't wait to play this at TPF.

Screenshot_20230224_131651_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230224_131651_Messages (resized).jpg
#150 1 year ago

There are so many songs that I want. Long Road to Ruin and Saint Cecilia are a couple of favorites.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
8,999 (Firm)
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/3?hl=legenbad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.