5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 99.
#1901 1 year ago

No mention of No Pop up bumpers on this pin, been awhile like No Fear and whatever else I am missing, this might be the way to go for standard body to jam more into a pin

#1902 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just got a chance to watch pieces of the stream and the game looks sick!
Animations are great, love the overall theming. Shots flowed nicely and I'm glad there's no pop farm slowing the action and taking up unnecessary space on the playfield.
Light show already looked great to me, but I already know that gets better over time.
The only criticism I have is the announcer guy. I think that was a bad choice. Reminds me of how TWDs announcer was so bad almost everyone uses a custom sound package just to get rid of it.
Not sure if it was just the stream or not though, and it's just one small criticism of what looks like a bad ass machine!! Looking forward to getting mine

I've seen a number of people statethis, but the announcer guy didn't bother me...sounds like a stereotypical Rock station DJ caricature.

#1903 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

The only criticism I have is the announcer guy. I think that was a bad choice. Reminds me of how TWDs announcer was so bad almost everyone uses a custom sound package just to get rid of it.
Not sure if it was just the stream or not though, and it's just one small criticism of what looks like a bad ass machine!! Looking forward to getting mine

No nearly as annoying as the Boston accent guy from Godzilla!

#1904 1 year ago

Put down the basic shapes and foundations to start test printing and seeing if physically it would fit. What kind of cool things would the Foo have on the second floor that we should see ?

5DE66D00-69A2-4F1E-9D10-D7079E4B8705 (resized).jpeg5DE66D00-69A2-4F1E-9D10-D7079E4B8705 (resized).jpegC9D65EE7-EEFE-4E5F-AB63-308DE3F5F171 (resized).jpegC9D65EE7-EEFE-4E5F-AB63-308DE3F5F171 (resized).jpeg
#1905 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

RC_like_the_cola Biju
You are right, forgot about The Shadow. Never played Junk Yard though (hopefully someday).

Jalopy assembled is fun part of that game Junkyard for me, always enjoyed it. Kind of reminds me of the foo withnaline items on remote.

#1906 1 year ago

Im all in on this theme, I have loved the foo fighters since their first album came out while I was in high school, hell the acoustic version of Everlong was my wedding song.... But I just cant decide between the pro and the premium. The death save is awesome, and I like the upper playfield, but damn is it really worth $2700 more!?!? No real question with this post... I have been drinking and I just cant decide which one to order!! lol

#1907 1 year ago

I was heavily into pinball a while back but basically had too much on for a while and my pins were gathering dust. Things have settled a bit and I have started playing again and then Stern had to release an awesome looking game with a band I love, bastards. Can't wait till mine arrives

#1908 1 year ago

Watching the replay of the stream, sounds like there is an interactive topper ready to go very soon. Around the 50 minute mark. Are they just going to skip the topper for Godzilla?!?

#1909 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Legends of Valhalla is pop free. Halloween/Ultraman no pop. Scooby Doo no pop. I think Cosmic Cart Racing is pop free? Probably some other games

creature, no fear, shadow, junkyard.

#1910 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Pros: amazing shot layout, upper playfield is actually playable, gold standard flow
Cons: semi-annoying alien voice narration, amount of color in the playfield, band members' real voices are not featured
I think the pros outweigh the cons. This will be fighting for the top spot with Godzilla.

I love the alien voice, sounds like the crypt keeper and sparky

#1911 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

What kind of cool things would the Foo have on the second floor that we should see ?

Ghostbusters pin, because it has a building with Star Gazer inside of it. Matryoshka style.

#1912 1 year ago
Quoted from JRay23:

I have been drinking and I just cant decide which one to order!!

Watch the pro stream Thursday night and see how much you miss the premium stuff.

#1913 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

sounds like there is an interactive topper ready to go very soon.

I'll take the over on "very soon."

#1914 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Watch the pro stream Thursday night and see how much you miss the premium stuff.

yeah I'm looking forward to it!

#1915 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

He sounds like Sparky because that is the voice of Sparky.

#1916 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

He sounds like Sparky because that is the voice of Sparky.

Yup

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1917 1 year ago

Ahhh if that's the case I'm going to probably appreciate it in person a lot better than. I like Sparky on MET so that changes things haha

#1918 1 year ago

Looks amazing.

Only criticism, is no Dave Grohl call outs?

He has such energy that his call outs would be awesome.

Stern, make it happen please

#1919 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

There's plenty of time for tutorials later on any number of streams. It's the reveal, let's vibe out and have fun. I don't want a lecture on the intricacies of combo math when I'm just trying to hear some callouts and figure out where the shots go. You, Karl, Escher, etc will all blow this thing up soon enough. Sometimes the top 1% of players aren't in tune with what average players find interesting.

I can appreciate coder enthusiasm and am psyched RayDay is helping code this...but he lost me right off the bat when he started talking about the "ComboTron" like I knew what it was ...I watched a little but not too much, don't want to spoil it for myself. Animations look amazing...super fast and flowy, loops for days...I am eagerly awaiting the LE to arrive. This looks like it's going to be a blast to play and figure out as the code matures.

#1920 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I can appreciate coder enthusiasm and am psyched RayDay is helping code this...but he lost me right off the bat when he started talking about the "ComboTron" like I knew what it was ...I watched a little but not too much, don't want to spoil it for myself. Animations look amazing...super fast and flowy, loops for days...I am eagerly awaiting the LE to arrive. This looks like it's going to be a blast to play and figure out as the code matures.

I agree but the combotron was the little compass looking thing in the corner. Watch it for a second time and it starts to make more sense. I think the team were so excited to just play the game and what a game it looks to be!

#1921 1 year ago

One thing the team seemed to hit on during the stream is that they buried a lot of extra cool animation things deeper in the game, which will hopefully mean the game will have more staying power in a home environment as you achieve new objectives over time. I just tune Rey-Dey out for the most part. He did blow up ball 1 on his last game...that guy needs a "10 minutes to Wapner" hoodie!

#1922 1 year ago

Another killer art masterpiece by ZY! Love his color schemes, how they pop and how its all brought together with the matching backbox animations. FF is one of the best integrated packages ever imo.

#1923 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Looks amazing.
Only criticism, is no Dave Grohl call outs?
He has such energy that his call outs would be awesome.
Stern, make it happen please

I really can't understand why that's not a given. My guess is that these days, you don't even have to bring someone into a studio to do it. Foos have access to all the recording equipment you could want. Give him a script. "Great Shot", "You rock", etc. Ask him to say it with enthusiasm. Send it back to Stern digitally. It all seems like it would take no more than a few minutes and it would enhance the game immensely.

#1924 1 year ago

One of the things that Tanio said is that they have much more VO work to do for the callouts. Not sure if he meant they still need to record some individuals or they need to simply incorporate what’s in the can to the game.

#1925 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I really can't understand why that's not a given. My guess is that these days, you don't even have to bring someone into a studio to do it. Foos have access to all the recording equipment you could want. Give him a script. "Great Shot", "You rock", etc. Ask him to say it with enthusiasm. Send it back to Stern digitally. It all seems like it would take no more than a few minutes and it would enhance the game immensely.

Well they did say that Dave had a game in his possession….

#1926 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

One of the things that Tanio said is that they have much more VO work to do for the callouts. Not sure if he meant they still need to record some individuals or they need to simply incorporate what’s in the can to the game.

It looks quite good even though the code is only 0.80. Wait until it hits 1.0, it’ll be wow!

#1927 1 year ago

Looks like all versions are going to the line very soon

36AB583E-D4C2-4297-BC4E-7EDE16577645 (resized).jpeg36AB583E-D4C2-4297-BC4E-7EDE16577645 (resized).jpeg
#1928 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

No pops to slow things down.

I mean Godzilla only has one, and it doesn't do anything to slow the gameplay down. Not everyone wants a slow game. I'm ADHD, and I enjoy a game that is just balls to the walls. As soon as a game gets slow my mind wonders and thats when I drain. I hate when things get slowed down.

#1929 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Looks like all versions are going to the line very soon
[quoted image]

Good news!

#1930 1 year ago
Quoted from MagnumChris:

I mean Godzilla only has one, and it doesn't do anything to slow the gameplay down. Not everyone wants a slow game. I'm ADHD, and I enjoy a game that is just balls to the walls. As soon as a game gets slow my mind wonders and thats when I drain. I hate when things get slowed down.

Yup I'm right there with ya on the ADHD front. It def has its pros and cons!

#1931 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I thought sparky and the joker from Aerosmith. Definitely a lot of similarities to other game voices

#1932 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Definitely a B theme. Wonder when Stern will finally pony-up and get a decent license. /s
(Seriously? One of the most popular bands in the world right now and you’re calling this a B theme?)

Look what happened with Bond. When you hear Gomez talk on the podcasts even getting the Aston Martin in there was a pain. One can not honestly look at that Bond cabinet and say, "wow that is in the top 3 of best designed cabinets Stern has ever created." I bet other "A" tier IPs would be the same way. They want to micromanage Stern and you get a game that's just "meh". Not amazing and not bad just middle of the road just a vanilla game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1933 1 year ago

Caught the tail end of the stream. Game looks like a lot of fun. I was blown away by the animations. Great style and detail. Like to see more games with that level of graphics. ZY art also perfect. Love lots of color and packed detail. Great job, team!

#1934 1 year ago

Seems like we are going to be able to buy a toy van and action figures to go with the game. It would be nice if they sold those in a package via the Insider Connected shop and you had to have the game linked to your account to purchase.

#1935 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Look what happened with Bond. When you hear Gomez talk on the podcasts even getting the Aston Martin in there was a pain. One can not honestly look at that Bond cabinet and say, "wow that is in the top 3 of best designed cabinets Stern has ever created." I bet other "A" tier IPs would be the same way. They want to micromanage Stern and you get a game that's just "meh". Not amazing and not bad just middle of the road just a vanilla game.

I have no insight and maybe I'm way off, but I feel like this kind of stuff is determined at the point of sale, at the signing of the licensing agreement. There needs to be a balance of trust, control, and partnership or the whole thing will explode. I don't know what is considered an "A" IP, but look at the differences between what JJP had with Wonka versus GnR. What Stern had with Jurassic Park versus Mando.

I don't think it's only the perceived strength of the IP, it's also in the negotiation and willingness of that IP holder to relinquish some creative control to Stern. So far what I've seen out of Foo here, not a ton of band participation but a TON of band buy-in and allowing Stern to go and make something amazing. Give, and take.

I guess my point is that you can see excellent integrations and good pinball experiences in all levels of IP strengths, as well as copy/paste rigidness in weaker ones. I suspect in the Bond negotiations, Stern gave up too much creative control in order to take advantage of the Bond anniversary and pick up additional non-pinball-people sales and visibility they might not have otherwise gotten.

#1936 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

No mention of No Pop up bumpers on this pin, been awhile like No Fear and whatever else I am missing, this might be the way to go for standard body to jam more into a pin

But it leads to boring gameplay….

The ball paths here are certainly interesting, but this game seems to lack any chaos.

There’s barely even anything to brick missed shots off of!

#1937 1 year ago

My thoughts after the stream:

Pros:
1. Game is fast as hell.
2. Flow out the wazzoo.
3. The alien shot up the middle tended to SDTM a couple times, no different from other center shots a la AFM.
4. Animations are AMAZING. Easily the best I’ve seen in pinball so far.
5. Art looks great. Worked well on the actual game, didn’t seem to be intrusive at all.
6. Dead post worked reliably and didn’t require too much skill to execute, just raise the left flipper.
7. Kicker target works well, adds a little chaos but doesn’t put the ball in danger. It is strong enough to send the ball up the ramp depending on the angle.
8. Music is great (subjective I know).
9. Rules are pretty advanced at this point. They said the final wizard mode isn’t in and they are tweaking things constantly. Rules are at 0.8 and will be “higher than that” at production.
10. Topper is coming, will be interactive with the game somehow and MAY (probably will from their reactions) include action figures that somehow interact with the topper. Super cool idea.
11. The spinner shot to loop combo is buttery smooth and really looks fun.

Cons:
1. Game is fast as hell. Be on your toes. This ain’t no EM!
2. Upper playfield looks fun and is useable but I couldn’t tell if any specific modes required its use yet. Maybe as code advances.
3. Rules for each mode were a little hard to understand. Shoot the lit shots as usual but the game was so fast and flowy I didn’t see a lot of trap up and hit a specific shot for a reason kind of play.
4. Magnet under the robot seems to just be for visuals?? Didn’t see where it did anything specific to the ball except bash it around underneath the alien guy. Again, maybe as code matures.

So, in summary I think the game looks great, seemed to shoot very well and has a LOT going for it.

My opinion. This is the front runner for GOTY.

#1938 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Sounds like an 80s/90s radio DJ - fits the theme just fine….and the alien is Brenden Small. He’s great in Metallica as Sparky & Snake.

Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

No nearly as annoying as the Boston accent guy from Godzilla!

I think you guys need to go back and listen to the voices on X-Men or 24 so you remember what TRULY BAD callouts sounded like.

#1939 1 year ago
Quoted from MonsieurCS:

But it leads to boring gameplay….
The ball paths here are certainly interesting, but this game seems to lack any chaos.
There’s barely even anything to brick missed shots off of!

Are you suggesting that it might be a baby game?!

#1940 1 year ago

This game looks fantastic, and everyone who contributed to its creation should be proud.

My one gripe from the stream is something that I'm sure will be fixed in future code updates: I'm pretty sure I saw the shoot again insert flashing during the light show several times, when no ball save was active. No no, Stern. No no.

#1941 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Theory time - maybe they wanted to get all the rules, animation, and character voices done first - then see where the natural choreography of gameplay leads to “dead air” where the band voices would fit naturally. The game is so fast, they could have gotten into a situation where they record a bunch, but then it all overlaps or cuts off due to game speed. This way, they can do a tight “dub” style script by knowing exactly how many seconds (or fractions of a second) they have for a Dave line here and there & script accordingly. Stern added Karl Urban to ST like 6 months after release. It’s not unprecedented…and since the band is clearly so into this project, I don’t see a reason why they wouldn’t want to do some voices for the game.

#1942 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

This game looks fantastic, and everyone who contributed to its creation should be proud.
My one gripe from the stream is something that I'm sure will be fixed in future code updates: I'm pretty sure I saw the shoot again insert flashing during the light show several times, when no ball save was active. No no, Stern. No no.

I noticed that too - thought for sure a couple times they'd be getting the ball back, but it was end of ball.

#1943 1 year ago

Excited after watching the stream. Music is a major part of my life, and this will be a great addition. The shots look innovative, thought out, and just generally "fun".

#1944 1 year ago

just give me one long, loud, classic Grohl Scream, and I’d be satisfied.

#1945 1 year ago

Game looks insanely fun to shoot, and I'm sure code will add more polish. Hopefully that's able to include some more staging before multiballs - most seemed to just happen (aside from the one that started on the van shot). The kicker target is wild and that Rami crossover shot blows my mind. Can't wait to flip it!

#1946 1 year ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Excited after watching the stream. Music is a major part of my life, and this will be a great addition. The shots look innovative, thought out, and just generally "fun".

Agreed. That left and right orbit flow and return is awesome. Very well thought out.

#1947 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Grows on you as you play, maybe.... When I think of unusual voices, I think of the New York Cab Driver in Roadshow, lol....

#1948 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

My thoughts after the stream:
Pros:
1. Game is fast as hell.
2. Flow out the wazzoo.
3. The alien shot up the middle tended to SDTM a couple times, no different from other center shots a la AFM.
4. Animations are AMAZING. Easily the best I’ve seen in pinball so far.
5. Art looks great. Worked well on the actual game, didn’t seem to be intrusive at all.
6. Dead post worked reliably and didn’t require too much skill to execute, just raise the left flipper.
7. Kicker target works well, adds a little chaos but doesn’t put the ball in danger. It is strong enough to send the ball up the ramp depending on the angle.
8. Music is great (subjective I know).
9. Rules are pretty advanced at this point. They said the final wizard mode isn’t in and they are tweaking things constantly. Rules are at 0.8 and will be “higher than that” at production.
10. Topper is coming, will be interactive with the game somehow and MAY (probably will from their reactions) include action figures that somehow interact with the topper. Super cool idea.
11. The spinner shot to loop combo is buttery smooth and really looks fun.
Cons:
1. Game is fast as hell. Be on your toes. This ain’t no EM!
2. Upper playfield looks fun and is useable but I couldn’t tell if any specific modes required its use yet. Maybe as code advances.
3. Rules for each mode were a little hard to understand. Shoot the lit shots as usual but the game was so fast and flowy I didn’t see a lot of trap up and hit a specific shot for a reason kind of play.
4. Magnet under the robot seems to just be for visuals?? Didn’t see where it did anything specific to the ball except bash it around underneath the alien guy. Again, maybe as code matures.
So, in summary I think the game looks great, seemed to shoot very well and has a LOT going for it.
My opinion. This is the front runner for GOTY.

Good summary - mostly agree. Look forward to seeing the pro tonight.

Game is no Godzilla that's for sure. Flow is similar but game times will not be the same. Fast with thirsty right outlane.

FOMO is flying high! Stern has another big hit.

#1949 1 year ago

Ugh why did I watch that stream last night. The gameplay looks smooth AF! Now this messes up my next purchase decision.

#1950 1 year ago

The lack of callouts from the band. Been thinking about that. You would think it would be easy as they guys literally live in recording studios. How hard to record a few funny lines and f-bombs. Maybe a few factors:

1) someone said Jack mentioned DLC for callouts. That would be a bit disappointing to be as these things cost enough
2) maybe they just haven’t gotten to it or are waiting for more mature code, as many have said here
3) Maybe with TH passing, they are taking all or none approach. No TH callouts, no one else?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 499.00
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 16.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Prescott, WI
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Northwood, OH
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/39?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.