5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 99.
#1801 1 year ago

Jinkies is that the Creeper? RUH ROH

6D439156-21E1-4906-87A7-A90FA83D165F (resized).jpeg6D439156-21E1-4906-87A7-A90FA83D165F (resized).jpeg8F7BF4B5-3DAF-45D9-9D4B-E1E7048A70DC (resized).png8F7BF4B5-3DAF-45D9-9D4B-E1E7048A70DC (resized).png

#1802 1 year ago

Good grief that’s a fun shooter!!!

#1803 1 year ago

So far I've heard/seen references to Rush, GB, Scooby....that's all I caught so far (other than Voltron)

#1804 1 year ago

Game looks amazing. That said, Ray needs to stop mansplaining every single rule and nuance of the game throughout the entire stream, so we can experience some of it ourselves. I had to shut it off after 10 minutes, else I wouldn't need to ever play it.

#1805 1 year ago

Looking really good.....I have a scooby on order too with FFLE. This theme is really scooby X AFM. I was worried that some of the trajectories would be a bit clunky...but....looks smooth as butter. Animations look great (big step up from like...AIQ). Layout is very Elwin/GZ...a lot of the top half shots actually remind me of JP with the feeds to the right flipper and a looping shot/ramp, though JP is a bit clunky at times (a bit too tight). Really looks like an improved iteration of everything Elwin...wonder how much input he had in the design or not or...if he critiqued JD or not.

#1806 1 year ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Game looks amazing. That said, Ray needs to stop mansplaining every single rule and nuance of the game throughout the entire stream, so we can experience some of it ourselves. I had to shut it off after 10 minutes, else I wouldn't need to ever play it.

Have to agree, I get hes poured a lot of thought and hours into it, but its overwhelming and a bit ponderous when you just want to vibe.

Game looks incredible though, hope one makes it to Maine.

#1807 1 year ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Jinkies is that the Creeper? RUH ROH
[quoted image][quoted image]

Exactly my thoughts. Very Scooby Doo.

#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Exactly my thoughts. Very scooby doo

Scooby Foo

#1809 1 year ago

Shots are great- well done.
Would prefer band callouts.
Maybe it’s the font and alien dude voice but getting turtles vibes. The whole cartoon thing I guess.

#1810 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Maybe it’s the font and alien dude voice but getting turtles vibes. The whole cartoon thing I guess.

Definitely the font they used in Turtles.

#1811 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Band member callouts always come out pretty flat and uninteresting. I do think these guys could probably pull it off in some way, and I do swear I occasionally do hear Dave or one of the other members do smartass callouts. There was something about 2112+2112, and something 'something something the fuck out of this..

#1812 1 year ago

Okay - I can have only one - GZ or FF Premium?

#1813 1 year ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

Okay - I can have only one - GZ or FF Premium?

I think still GZ but damn this is good.

#1814 1 year ago

Can confirm, a MF-bomb got dropped as a callout. First I know of since Metallica : ).

#1815 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Can confirm, a MF-bomb got dropped as a callout. First I know of since Metallica : ).

I heard new fukkin Orleans early on while selecting city. But not by the band. I really like the tftc voice , kinda miss the game .

#1816 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I do it all the time. Rush blows. .

Bro, I'm so sorry God gave you a defective set of ears. Rush the band, and the pinball, is FANTASTIC. 2nd best release in the last few years behind Godzilla.

#1817 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Good grief that’s a fun shooter!!!

Is there any pinball game that isn't fun to shoot... besides an EM or bingo game? Theyre all FUN TO SHOOT.

#1818 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Is there any pinball game that isn't fun to shoot... besides an EM or bingo game? Theyre all FUN TO SHOOT.

Thunderbirds

#1819 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Damn, wish I agreed with this. Ive found there are definitely levels to how much fun games are to shoot.

#1820 1 year ago

Can't wait to get the game. Looks great. However, I'm starting to wonder if the Foos were really involved with this...

#1821 1 year ago

So if I’m correct you choose between 8 songs at first and the rest are in modes?

#1822 1 year ago

Looks good, but not GZ good, but it’s not fair to compare it to one of the best of all time imo. GZ keeps you so connected to every shot and what’s going on… this is like most music pins, cool music while you work through the code. This has a much more familiar feel to it, but I agree it’s better than a lot of other machines out there. Seeing it being played didn’t blow me away. But it didn’t make me say nope either.

Can’t wait to flip this at someone’s house or on location. I’m out because of my current budget. Not to mention I’m out of space.

Congrats to Jack, what a first game! And congrats to all getting one, enjoy!!

#1823 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Prospector and Target Alpha are my two favorite machines in my collection.

#1824 1 year ago
Quoted from bigehrl:Game looks amazing. That said, Ray needs to stop mansplaining every single rule and nuance of the game throughout the entire stream, so we can experience some of it ourselves. I had to shut it off after 10 minutes, else I wouldn't need to ever play it.

God forbid showcasing and explaining rules and information about a game. I, for one, enjoy having someone (especially someone who was part of the game's design team) explain how rules and things work on a game that I haven't played yet. As for that person being Ray, who has a TON of experience in the pinball world as both a player and a design team member, he's a rules and knowledge fountain. If anything, hearing him explain rules and stuff about the game gets me even MORE excited to play this game! Calling it "mansplaining" is ridiculous.

#1825 1 year ago

ZombieYeti just called out d0n (indirectly) about not liking the bright colors.

#1826 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Metallica was the breath of fresh air that that ushered in a new era of art.
Jeremy has continued to kill it every damn time as well. It’s like living in a paradise of creativity if you were around for the dark times.[quoted image]

I can’t believe I forgot Donnie’s Metallica! You are 100% right about his art ushering in a new era of art.
I literally yelled at my wife to come see this new game when I saw it the first time!

#1828 1 year ago

Looks so good, but is there no actual callouts from the band mates? I hear a dude once in a while but it doesn't sound like Dave?

#1829 1 year ago

Amazing pinball machine!

#1830 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I think TMNT shoots like shit and not really fun

#1831 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Bro, I'm so sorry God gave you a defective set of ears. Rush the band, and the pinball, is FANTASTIC. 2nd best release in the last few years behind Godzilla.

Had a RUSH LE loved it but was never a fan of the band growing up as a few in the 80’s. It’s an amazing game but eventually moved it. Theme is important for me as a keeper. I enjoyed it while I had it.

Too bad LED Zeppelin was a major disappointment for me, my favorite band. Just felt like playing a pin with LED Zeppelin on the jukebox. Band integration for RUSH was pretty awesome.

Just wished I really liked the band.

#1832 1 year ago

This is looking great! Fast and difficult, and without pauses, this will be fun at any level.

#1833 1 year ago

I am so excited about this whole thing. The geometry on the playfield wide loop shots is INSANE. Can not wait for my Premium.

#1834 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I think TMNT shoots like shit and not really fun

Agree. It’s overly brutal for me. My two daughters didn’t like it at all. Felt too cramped like playing on a short playfield. Mind you I am not an awesome player, but ball times were so short, plus the outlane drains. Just wasn’t fun for me unfortunately.

#1835 1 year ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I am so excited about this whole thing. The geometry on the playfield wide loop shots is INSANE. Can not wait for my Premium.

Congrats on your purchase. The premium is a must have on this. Just miss the old premium price. The pro is too stripped down for my taste. But for Bond pro is the best option, premium price upgrade not worth it.

#1836 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Looks so good, but is there no actual callouts from the band mates? I hear a dude once in a while but it doesn't sound like Dave?

They announced the voice credits, and nothing from the band.

#1837 1 year ago

Game is a home run. Absolutely looks like a blast to play. So much thought went into the design and rules.

Animations kick ass. Wow.

#1838 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

The pro is too stripped down for my taste.

Will know better after the stream tomorrow, but this is not looking like a stripped down pro to me.

#1839 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Will know better after the stream tomorrow, but this is not looking like a stripped down pro to me.

I'm sure the pro will be awesome. Premium / LE is a nice upgrade, but the pro is loaded.

#1840 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Street Fighter; literally, not fun to shoot

#1841 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I stand corrected. lol

#1842 1 year ago

Game looks pretty fun. I can’t wait to play it. It will be nice to see how code progresses. Definitely a bit clunkier than I expected up the middle.

Sometimes I had no idea what shot they were supposed to hit. I’m sure that will be addressed as code matures. Either that or I was/am a bit too high.

I like that punchy stand up target on the right side and the path it shoots the ball. Death save ball save is awesome.

Upper playfield I’m not sure makes a premium worth it.

Expression lights are such a game changer. JJP perfected it and I’m glad Stern has implemented it

If you don’t like FF music, this may not be for you.

Those are my initial impressions and they are subject to change

#1843 1 year ago
Quoted from Dalton71611:

God forbid showcasing and explaining rules and information about a game. I, for one, enjoy having someone (especially someone who was part of the game's design team) explain how rules and things work on a game that I haven't played yet. As for that person being Ray, who has a TON of experience in the pinball world as both a player and a design team member, he's a rules and knowledge fountain. If anything, hearing him explain rules and stuff about the game gets me even MORE excited to play this game! Calling it "mansplaining" is ridiculous.

Well, it sounds as if sucking up is the main gameplay strategy, you’re already Grand Champion!

#1844 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I'm sure the pro will be awesome. Premium / LE is a nice upgrade, but the pro is loaded.

Yeah I actually think Pro is the way to go here, you can mod a pretty badass spaceship in, and the upper playfield is cool but reminds me too much of WOZ, too much novelty for me. Without the upper playfield this game is going to flow like no other!

#1845 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Yeah I actually think Pro is the way to go here, you can mod a pretty badass spaceship in, and the upper playfield is cool but reminds me too much of WOZ, too much novelty for me. Without the upper playfield this game is going to flow like no other!

If we can add a death save post on the pro, I’ll be ecstatic.

#1846 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

It's all subjective but in my opinion a Mando or Turtles is less fun to shoot than a Deadpool or a House of Horrors.
However both of the former games have other things going for them that give me that "one more game" feeling. It's the variety between layouts and strategies that make pinball so great.

#1847 1 year ago

Can’t wait to see the Pro stream tomorrow. The upper playfield looks fun but not worth the extra $2700. The only thing I would truly miss on a premium would be that cool ball save on the left. Spaceship can be added on later.

#1848 1 year ago

The upper PF didn't seem to be used all that much in the stream even so it seemed a little tacked on so far

#1849 1 year ago

Game looks great. Excited for it. Not so excited to be poor again but should be worth it. May start a gofundme lol. Wasn't expecting to buy this game but after the trailer the other day I had to. Premium. I need those expression lights though. I heard you can get them later?? Wonder the cost?

#1850 1 year ago

The only minor critique is that the call-outs didn't seem very humorous and they were few and far between.

I love more comedy in my pins. Iron Maiden is amazing with all the taunting humor. I don't mind that it isn't the band.

Can't wait to try this out on location to see if I need to make room in my line-up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 499.00
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.