5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 99.
#1701 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Better?
[quoted image]

Perfect! This is what pinball art should be. Bland, non-descript and the color of an elderly man’s stool.

#1702 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I like the pops on IMDN. Having them down lower actually makes them possible to be dangerous.

Yeah, this is one (as well as lots of Lawler and Borg games) that comes immediately to mind that I like. I think Kiss is pretty solid, especially when the post between the two right side pops is removed and the ball can pop out or fall in that right side, it just seems less boring to me overall.

#1703 1 year ago

Looking forward to seeing this one in action...looks fun! I am usually a premium guy because I like the toys, but I am not much of an upper playfield guy (with a few exceptions). For that reason...leaning Pro on this one. The only fun extra missing for my taste is the deadpost (the magnet doesn't wow me that much).

Kudos to Stern and Jack! Looking like another winner!

#1704 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I just realized looking at my 6 other pins in my collection...this is the first one that doesn't have a bank of rollover targets, a pop bumper, or a scoop...money well spent elsewhere such as the kicker target, captive ball loop, diverter, 4 ramps, and chaos magnet, deadpost and inlane targets

This combination of differences is what has me really interested in this title and thinking it will be a refreshing pinball experience.

#1705 1 year ago

This looks fantastic. I cant wait till mine arrives.

#1706 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Bland, non-descript and the color of an elderly man’s stool.

Your post got me thinking. How about a special "Pepto Premium" edition?
FF (resized).jpgFF (resized).jpg

#1707 1 year ago

What is this, Poo Fighters?

#1708 1 year ago

Really like what Jack said in an interview about his design philosophy and how he made FF into such an incredible flowing game.

FLOW AND FEEL

“More important than the tech is how a game plays, and Danger told us that this will be unlike any machine that's come before. "I wanted the ball to go every which way it possibly could. I took into very careful consideration how balls deflect off of targets. I pulled in some inspiration from designers that I loved," Danger said. One of those designers is Dan Langlois, responsible for a number of distinctive tables in the '80s and early '90s, including Heavy Metal Meltdown, one of Danger's favorites.”

“Danger told us he pulled out all the stops for this, his first full design for Stern: "You're traditionally not supposed to do crossover shots and I put three of them in this game. No one told me no." He's also included what might be his signature design element, the Deadpost: a little pop-up post sitting below the left flipper that, if you're paying attention, could save the ball from an outlane drain.”

#1709 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Your post got me thinking. How about a special "Pepto Bismol" edition?
[quoted image]

thats got d0n written all over it DeadFlip make it happen!

#1710 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Your post got me thinking. How about a special "Pepto Bismol" edition?
[quoted image]

Limited to 50 units and you must have irritable bowel syndrome to purchase.

#1711 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I hope Ray learned some lessons on AIQ. That code in that has almost too much going on to the point where it's not easy to follow.

I think Maiden code has some flaws since Ray was playing around with it at the last update or 2.

Anyone able to clarify ?

I can't recall as no opportunity to play for a long while.

#1712 1 year ago

I believe the Pro/Premium/LE all use the same playfield like Stranger Things did. That is based on the fact that I see the Prem/LE apron holes in the Pro playfield and it looks like they put some black cover over where the deadpost would be.

#1713 1 year ago

I wonder if they'd sell the deadpost as an official addon accessory for the pro ala UV light kit or EL kits. The hole is there and the ball guide is already there.

#1714 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I wonder if they'd sell the deadpost as an official addon accessory for the pro ala UV light kit or EL kits. The hole is there and the ball guide is already there.

I wondered that yesterday. A kit for the Pro makes total sense, even if it's a static post that doesn't move. You could just code it that the left flipper is disabled in single ball play when the left outlane switch is triggered, preventing the bang back. Only if you qualify the ball save will your left flipper work when the left outlane switch is triggered.

Super easy way for Stern to sell a bunch of cheap posts as a $100 mod kit.

#1715 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Super easy way for Stern to sell a bunch of cheap posts as a $100 mod kit.

Yeah, $100

#1716 1 year ago

I think you'd have to have it be an updown post or you'd eventually have stuck ball issues. Not a big deal for home collectors, deal breaker for ops.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1717 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No flipper posting? Hmmm, wonder why

Could it be that everyone just wants to keep this LE instead of flipping it? Once its gone who cares about $1k or $2k and not having the LE of such a great looking game?

#1718 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I was buyin, deciding between prem or le, when I saw the green le and playfield together, easy choice. That green really pops!

Congratulations. That game looks hot.

Another new designer in the mix. Great times for pinball !

LTG : )

#1719 1 year ago

Pumped.

D3777559-6061-408C-80F3-7BA36A6E79F0 (resized).pngD3777559-6061-408C-80F3-7BA36A6E79F0 (resized).png
#1720 1 year ago

Is the deadpost controlled by the lockdown button?

#1721 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is the deadpost controlled by the lockdown button?

No. Deadflip talked about it in his twitch stream last night. I'd recommand finding that and watch it. Lots of great info. Or wait until 6PM.

#1722 1 year ago

Can't wait to see this. Layout looks like tons of fun with good flow & combos. Left Ramp to Right Ramp to Crossover Ramp to Upper Loop to Middle Ramp and repeat back to Left Ramp. Should be a fun one!

#1723 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Seth Davis' awkward presentation is such a bizarre move.
Jack is great on camera and you put your outsider CEO out front? If you're not going to use Jack at least hire a professional with a sexy voice and a nice rack.

Agreed very awkward and bizarre move. Someone needs to remind Seth Davis he’s not Walt Disney, lol.

#1724 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agreed very awkward and bizarre move. Someone needs to remind Seth Davis he’s not Walt Disney, lol.

At least Jack was the player in the promo videos - finger tats a dead giveaway.

#1725 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

At least Jack was the player in the promo videos - finger tats a dead giveaway.

His face was an even deader giveaway.

#1726 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Extra awkward is he was so close to the camera, you couldn't help but see his eyes moving as he read his script. I hate that, so robotic.

#1727 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

It is.
I can't hardly look at it without wondering WTF were they thinking? Too much color for colors sake.
I think (hope) Stern art department is at the very top of the "how much vibrant colors can we possibly put on a game" bell curve.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Stop posting these photos. It makes me want to buy the game

#1728 1 year ago

Meant to post in this thread: Hopefully price ceiling has been found, as JJP #8 will not sell unless they lower pricing somehow and other manufacturers see that. Think Stern has reached their pricing limit and they know it. FF is a strong offering for a wider audience in the GB/AFM style. A loaded “world under glass” with game flow pinball players/collectors are looking for. Pro is still priced $6,999 making it best value in pinball period. All other makers are way over that price with similar bullet point offerings as a pro. Its the high pricing of the Stern LE that causes us to pause, but FF does have some extras most LEs don’t have like expression lighting, plus all the other regular LE options. Pin stadium charges $650 for similar lights like expression that are not built in.

#1729 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

Turtle pizza toping ?

#1730 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I like the pops on IMDN. Having them down lower actually makes them possible to be dangerous.

Same with X-Men. I like Elwin and Borgs pop use’ the best (on average). Makes it more interesting as you play ‘through’ them.

#1731 1 year ago

Gonna be interesting to see how many band callouts there are in the game, especially Dave Grohl.

#1732 1 year ago

Perfect! This is what pinball art should be. Bland, non-descript and the color of an elderly man’s stool.

I know that color very well.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1733 1 year ago

$100 isn't far off for that kind of assembly, the bigger question is would they ever be in stock?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-5867-09

So, maybe $150 with the wiring, assembled?

#1734 1 year ago

Not a penny under $199.95.

#1735 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

$100 isn't far off for that kind of assembly, the bigger question is would they ever be in stock?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-5867-09

Holy fuckbeans Marco

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-bumper-up-post-assembly.html

#1736 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

His face was an even deader giveaway.

Just saying, I knew it was him before even seeing his face 8 seconds later.

#1737 1 year ago

Marco is into Stern level pricing and DIY assembly, apparently.

#1738 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Working on some upgrades.

Was that found in a box of Lucky Charms?

#1739 1 year ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Goetz!!
How ya been Killer? Me and the boys over here cranking up yer mf MASTERPIECE The Chalice of Ages. Savin my dollars for THAT machine.

#1740 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Extra awkward is he was so close to the camera, you couldn't help but see his eyes moving as he read his script. I hate that, so robotic.

Disagree- Contrast between Seth Davis, Jack Danger, the band, and the pin works very well. As much as most of us hate to admit it, we buyers are probably most like Mr. Davis. Except being a CEO of a major pinball company.

#1741 1 year ago

Yeah those Marco kits can kill you. For many of them you are better buying the individual parts listed in the bom. Some are like half price even with shipping from Pinball Spare Parts Australia.

#1742 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

There was such backlash over the Bond rollout fiascos that they had to make a big splash with this FF rollout. It worked IMHO

#1743 1 year ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Also...everyone wants to know....any shows lined up for 2023? C'MON MAN...

#1744 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Also...everyone wants to know....any shows lined up for 2023? C'MON MAN...

TPF, 20 to another one I don't recall. Deadflip mentioned it in his twich last night. I'm sure they will again tonight.

#1745 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Meant to post in this thread: Hopefully price ceiling has been found, as JJP #8 will not sell unless they lower pricing somehow and other manufacturers see that. Think Stern has reached their pricing limit and they know it. FF is a strong offering for a wider audience in the GB/AFM style. A loaded “world under glass” with game flow pinball players/collectors are looking for. Pro is still priced $6,999 making it best value in pinball period. All other makers are way over that price with similar bullet point offerings as a pro. Its the high pricing of the Stern LE that causes us to pause, but FF does have some extras most LEs don’t have like expression lighting, plus all the other regular LE options. Pin stadium charges $650 for similar lights like expression that are not built in.

I know what everyone will say but Hot Wheels starts at $6995 and includes full RGB LEDs, art blades and a topper.

#1746 1 year ago

Not only this but Stern is about selling machines and this art style sells. Just look at the Twipy awards for best art over the past few years, it’s this style.
So I guess Stern will keep picking the artist that wins Twipys every year but sadly will never win a d0nnie.

Jeremy has been great for pinball.He actually is the artist that killed photo shop imho.But GnR did beat out Jeremy’s game the year it came out.It is one of the very best art packages inside and out.
I can see where people would complain about so much green lately though there has been a lot of Sterns with it?

#1747 1 year ago

My Foo Fighters 3D Flipper Toppers are ready for production. A deep red base with gold lighting bolt and surround to complement the lane return plastics art.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1748 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I know what everyone will say but Hot Wheels starts at $6995 and includes full RGB LEDs, art blades and a topper.

But have you ever played Hot Wheels? That will tell a person all they need to know…

#1749 1 year ago

Haters got to hate Even when not necessary wtf

#1750 1 year ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

TPF, 20 to another one I don't recall. Deadflip mentioned it in his twich last night. I'm sure they will again tonight.

Ha, I'm all off topic but I do what I want lol. I was referring to Goetz's band who released one of the most legendary death metal albums of all time. He's a freakin genius.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MI
$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/35?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.