5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 99.
#1651 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

i honestly can't wait for the godfather because it couldn't possibly be a 1990's neon colored mess like foo foighters.

Yeah because what goes better with a Saturday morning cartoon where a rock and roll band fights off aliens than dull, muted colors.

#1652 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

truly is horrible.

It is.

I can't hardly look at it without wondering WTF were they thinking? Too much color for colors sake.

I think (hope) Stern art department is at the very top of the "how much vibrant colors can we possibly put on a game" bell curve.

SternPInball_FooFightersMachineFeatured (resized).jpgSternPInball_FooFightersMachineFeatured (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (6) (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (6) (resized).jpg

#1653 1 year ago

I think the color and ZY artwork is phenomenal.

#1654 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

LOL I think I still have one of those in the closet right next to my wwe wrestling style parachute pants!

Might be able to sell that shit on eBay !

#1655 1 year ago

I’ll be Rockin this when the truck pulls up .

0C6DE6BB-4BA2-44C4-A0C4-899EE507F459 (resized).png0C6DE6BB-4BA2-44C4-A0C4-899EE507F459 (resized).png
#1656 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

It is.
I can't hardly look at it without wondering WTF were they thinking? Too much color for colors sake.
I think (hope) Stern art department is at the very top of the "how much vibrant colors can we possibly put on a game" bell curve.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The color is amazing...and these pics are taken with a spotlight. When you're playing in a dark room with the game's GI, it's not going to look so bright - but it will look very rich and pop nicely.

#1657 1 year ago

Quoted from superNoid:I think the color and ZY artwork is phenomenal.

It is although I will say when you have a few of his pins side by side it is a little blinding.

#1658 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

It is.

I don't dislike it, but they are starting to all look the same.

#1659 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I really hope this "cartoonish, mega colorful, over the top, splash-random-vibrant-colors-everywhere" era of pinball doesn't last too long. Sort of like the parachute pants & neon colored clothing of the early 1990's. Remember that? Neon colors were all the rage then but quickly (thankfully) forgotten. I think we're going to look at this early 2020's decade as sort of like the neon 1990's time.
[quoted image]

Quoted from d0n:

It is.

Cartoons and comic books. What were they all thinking with these colors?

I can't believe Zombie Yeti worked so hard (to the point of hurting his drawing hand) on this passion project. PLEASE give us less art, easter eggs, and effort in the future. This packed playfield is overdone. Remove some shots while you're at it. 80's cartoons and Aliens should be a dull, understated color palette.

Signed,

Never Pleased

You can have your opinion (and you can rib me for mine as well), but this isn't 90s zebra pants and Trapper Keepers, man. Zombie Yeti killed it on this game.

#1660 1 year ago

I don't really enjoy Foo Fighters music, nor music pins in general...
But this seems really, really nicely done. Playfield looks to have some interesting shots. I really like the artwork and colors. ZY crushed it. If it plays as well as I think it will, this could be a real winner for stern!

#1661 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Cartoons and comic books. What were they all thinking with these colors?
I can't believe Zombie Yeti worked so hard (to the point of hurting his drawing hand) on this passion project. PLEASE give us less art, easter eggs, and effort in the future. This packed playfield is overdone. Remove some shots while you're at it. 80's cartoons and Aliens should be a dull, understated color palette.
Signed,
Never Pleased

You can have your opinion (and you can rib me for mine as well), but this isn't 90s zebra pants and Trapper Keepers, man. Zombie Yeti killed it on this game.

Not only this but Stern is about selling machines and this art style sells. Just look at the Twipy awards for best art over the past few years, it’s this style.

So I guess Stern will keep picking the artist that wins Twipys every year but sadly will never win a d0nnie.

#1662 1 year ago

Just watched the release vids and I have to say this thing looks like a blast to play - tons of interesting looking shots and ball trajectories.

#1663 1 year ago

I think it looks fantastic, I bought it, I'm super excited about it. But yeah, it looks very same-y and I think it's time for another color palette to compliment the amazing artwork on the playfield.

#1664 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Yeah, anyone who thinks this looks like 90's neon is legitimately colorblind.

#1665 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

Thought this would be useful to easily see the differences in Pro vs Premium...
[quoted image]

Im leaning Pro with upgrades.

#1666 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, anyone who thinks this looks like 90's neon is legitimately colorblind.

I was buyin, deciding between prem or le, when I saw the green le and playfield together, easy choice. That green really pops!

#1667 1 year ago

I just added more blacklights in room, FF will look amazing

20230219_140147 (resized).jpg20230219_140147 (resized).jpg

#1668 1 year ago

Mocked-up some powder coating color examples for a friend of mine purchasing an FF Premium, so thought I would share.

FF - Black (resized).jpgFF - Black (resized).jpgFF - Purple (dark) (resized).jpgFF - Purple (dark) (resized).jpgFF - Purple (light) (resized).jpgFF - Purple (light) (resized).jpgFF - Blue (dark) (resized).jpgFF - Blue (dark) (resized).jpgFF - Blue (light) (resized).jpgFF - Blue (light) (resized).jpgFF - Green (resized).jpgFF - Green (resized).jpgFF - Yellow (resized).jpgFF - Yellow (resized).jpgFF - Orange (resized).jpgFF - Orange (resized).jpgFF - Red (light) (resized).jpgFF - Red (light) (resized).jpgFF - Red (dark) (resized).jpgFF - Red (dark) (resized).jpgFF - Pink (resized).jpgFF - Pink (resized).jpg
#1669 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I suspected, but had to look this up for a definitive.
For the UK slang uninitiated:
(UK, slang) Rubbish; something worthless. You're talking pants!
Urban dictionary explanation:
Not good, not up to the task, not true. Originally a UK schoolboy slang expression: "a pile of pants", presumably the equivalent of dirty, smelly washing. Later spread to adults and abbreviated.

LOL

#1670 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Premiums don't sell out until Stern stops making them, which won't happen for a long time so you can absolutely wait and play it at TPF before deciding which tier you want. The only reason to buy now is to get one sooner, otherwise you'll be able to get a Prem or Pro no problem. LE is the only limited FF.

Or...to get in early enough so price hikes don't screw you 6 to 8 months from now...

EHOH owners know all about THAT....

#1671 1 year ago

I just realized looking at my 6 other pins in my collection...this is the first one that doesn't have a bank of rollover targets, a pop bumper, or a scoop...money well spent elsewhere such as the kicker target, captive ball loop, diverter, 4 ramps, and chaos magnet, deadpost and inlane targets

#1672 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is the van where you start modes ? One other question not pertaining to this 8th wonder ,does anyone know of the pinball stereo single kit that handles up to 5 pins on it ? I was reading about it one day and didn’t screen shot it .I’ve been looking ever since but can’t find it anywhere .Pinwoofer is Top Notch sound but I can’t afford one for every pin .

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer

#1673 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ll be Rockin this when the truck pulls up .
[quoted image]

Or you could be risky and answer the door in this:

4F68A494-2C81-4155-BB90-0BC9641DABA9 (resized).jpeg4F68A494-2C81-4155-BB90-0BC9641DABA9 (resized).jpeg
#1674 1 year ago

Zombie Yeti has said many times he makes games extra colorful so they stand out in dark rooms, like being on location in a bar etc. It's a valid approach.

He's a fantastic illustrator, but it's okay if everything he does doesn't fit your vibe perfectly. I thought Avengers could have had a darker vibe with the Thanos theme for instance, but that's just a personal preference. I expressed that badly once and feel like I offended him, which was never my intention and I still feel bad about it honestly, because he's such a blessing for pinball.

Foo Fighters has a killer art package in my eyes. He obviously poured love into it and was entirely in his element. Given his history of work with the band it makes sense.

But if it's not perfect for you that's fine. Since I'm not a Foo Fighters fan the band being at the bottom is a bit goofy for me. But that's my problem, not ZY's. Of course they're front and center like that, it's their game.

#1675 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

i honestly can't wait for the godfather because it couldn't possibly be a 1990's neon colored mess like foo foighters.

333977534_1965194123837876_109504674031385296_n (resized).jpg333977534_1965194123837876_109504674031385296_n (resized).jpg

#1676 1 year ago

Not sure if mentioned, but I do not see any pop bumpers. This could be a first in pinball although obviously don't know of every machine ever made, certainly most have bumpers it seems. Can't wait to flip this. Amazing shots, lots of targets, just looks like a blast! Come on April...(for Premium).

#1677 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Not sure if mentioned, but I do not see any pop bumpers. This could be a first in pinball although obviously don't know of every machine ever made, certainly most have bumpers it seems. Can't wait to flip this. Amazing shots, lots of targets, just looks like a blast! Come on April...(for Premium).

Junk Yard doesn't have any, although that's because they cheaped out on the upper right corner of the game that was supposed to have one.

#1678 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

It might be the first modern game since The Shadow to have no pops. Not 100% on that, but very possible.

#1679 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

they are starting to all look the same.

exactly.

#1680 1 year ago

RC_like_the_cola Biju

You are right, forgot about The Shadow. Never played Junk Yard though (hopefully someday).

#1681 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

It might be the first modern game since The Shadow to have no pops. Not 100% on that, but very possible.

No Fear (1995) no pops.

#1682 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Seems like a pop nest was sacrificed for other mechs and features. Also with the top of the playfield so packed I’m not sure where a pop nest could fit.

#1683 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

RC_like_the_cola Biju
You are right, forgot about The Shadow. Never played Junk Yard though (hopefully someday).

I forgot about The Shadow too and it's...downstairs.

#1684 1 year ago

Does the pro have the magnet underneath the alien?

#1685 1 year ago

Special monchromatic edition for d0n

FooFighters-Premium-Cabinet (resized).jpgFooFighters-Premium-Cabinet (resized).jpg
#1686 1 year ago

Legends of Valhalla is pop free. Halloween/Ultraman no pop. Scooby Doo no pop. I think Cosmic Cart Racing is pop free? Probably some other games

#1687 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Special monchromatic edition for d0n
[quoted image]

Too many shades of grey for my tastes. Could you do one with less shades?

#1688 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Yes, less shades. And make it sepia.

#1689 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Legends of Valhalla is pop free. Halloween/Ultraman no pop. Scooby Doo no pop. I think Cosmic Cart Racing is pop free? Probably some other games

The no pop bumper revolution has begun!! Bask in it's glory!!

I actually don't have a problem with pops generally as long as they're implemented in an interesting and fun way. But it's just so often that they seem to be used to take up space, provide no danger, and aren't really even implemented into the rules in a meaningful way. I think it's great to see some flexibility regarding pops work its way into Stern.

#1690 1 year ago

The chaos that pops provide seem totally fine to me. I hate magnet chaos. It really just seems to intentionally make you drain about 1 in 10 times (or more if you're my location X-Men).

#1691 1 year ago

Agreed. Pops are great. Pop clusters tend to be boring... A shot through a pop cluster, common on Elwin games, is pretty fun. But pop clusters over lanes with lane change

#1692 1 year ago
Quoted from Biju:

The chaos that pops provide seem totally fine to me. I hate magnet chaos. It really just seems to intentionally make you drain about 1 in 10 times (or more if you're my location X-Men).

Most pop chaos doesn’t really put the ball in danger though. The typical upper right pop nest is just a visuals thing mostly. The ball bangs around for a while and then comes out safely in a couple of exit points. A pop lower down is more interesting like on Godzilla.

#1693 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

The no pop bumper revolution has begun!! Bask in it's glory!!
I actually don't have a problem with pops generally as long as they're implemented in an interesting and fun way. But it's just so often that they seem to be used to take up space, provide no danger, and aren't really even implemented into the rules in a meaningful way. I think it's great to see some flexibility regarding pops work its way into Stern.

I like the pops on IMDN. Having them down lower actually makes them possible to be dangerous.

#1694 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Most pop chaos doesn’t really put the ball in danger though. The typical upper right pop near is just a visuals thing mostly. The ball bangs around for a while and then comes out safely in a couple of exit points. A pop lower down is more interesting like on Godzilla.

Or pop clusters like Eight Ball Deluxe where there is no safety around the cluster

I love Hot Tip for having a single center pop that actually helps the player take out the adjacent drops. It can help as much as hurt

#1695 1 year ago

Well I stand corrected regarding the pop bumper.

Here I thought I was finding something genuinely unique.

#1696 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Well I stand corrected regarding the pop bumper.
Here I thought I was finding something genuinely unique.

the deadpost is at least very unique

some of the shot geometry is pretty unique as well

I can't think of a game that used the latching ball lock with a magnet behind it? But that's more about rearranging existing mechs in new ways.

#1697 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I just added more blacklights in room, FF will look amazing
[quoted image]

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1699 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Yes, less shades. And make it sepia.

Better?
FF (resized).jpgFF (resized).jpg

#1700 1 year ago

Working on some upgrades. Obviously, i have a lot more work to do on the van

Quoted from Av8:

Im leaning Pro with upgrades.

2599AB26-A7F3-43BB-8EEE-5570DE3772F0 (resized).png2599AB26-A7F3-43BB-8EEE-5570DE3772F0 (resized).png

386D125B-E11E-4C73-83F6-9FE072285855 (resized).png386D125B-E11E-4C73-83F6-9FE072285855 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 499.00
5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.