5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 99.
#1601 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Is there a Stern game you do fancy?

Of the recent ones, Zep and Godzilla, and the jury is out on Bond.

#1602 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

The only reason to buy now is to get one sooner, otherwise you'll be able to get a Prem or Pro no problem. LE is the only limited FF.

True - and then you can wait out code maturity and seeing what problems may plague the machines…

But also may / will be paying more for future runs simply because a calendar has progressed…

(But also this and any reveal thread show that there are generally plenty of options to get lightly used to help with that price bump as so many people need the newest & shiniest thing)

#1603 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Is there a Stern game you do fancy?

I love RUSH - music pins are my FAVS

#1604 1 year ago

I hope Ray learned some lessons on AIQ. That code in that has almost too much going on to the point where it's not easy to follow.

#1605 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Is this where the kicking target is? Just wondering how this factors into gameplay. Is it a random chaos thing, or does the ball roll into it if you don't use the upper flipper? I don't think I've encountered a game with one of these before.
[quoted image]

In his stream yesterday, I asked Jack if it was possible to aim for the Ka-Foom target directly or indirectly. He basically said no, but he is trying to figure how to purposely make the feed to the left loop dirty so that it comes out of the right orbit slow and can roll down and hit it. Otherwise is completely accidental. He also said that it does have surprising random effects when hit, like being shot up the left ramp or through the middle spinner (IIRC). I think of it like a really narrow slingshot (or as chuckwurt said, a one sided pop bumper); good chaos that isn't aimed for a drain.

#1606 1 year ago

I noticed in the release literature that there is some discoloration/oxidation occurring on the "Dave" ramp.

Certainly these are made from some grade of stainless steel. To me this is indicative of an improper welding process, or lack of post-weld heat treat.

This photoshoot machine was likely one of the first made, and could be using non-production, quick turn process that created this issue. It also could be an issue that isn't immediately obvious, and could occur as the part ages (heat from welding causes alloying elements to diffuse out of weld affected area, which effectively turns stainless steel into regular steel).

I haven't seen this on an recent production machines that I have played on location, and the right ramp has welded stainless steel that is non-oxidized. Has anyone else seen anything like this recently?

dave ramp (resized).pngdave ramp (resized).png
#1607 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I hope Ray learned some lessons on AIQ. That code in that has almost too much going on to the point where it's not easy to follow.

Stern rules guys need to remember that they are not designing games for Dalton, Escher, and 5 other guys who LIVE this stuff and want to study rule sheets and wade into the deepest rule sets possible.

They are designing games for the enjoyment of the other 98 percent of people who want to have fun playing pinball. Deep rules are great, but they need to be intuitive and enjoyable for the vast majority of people who aren't religious pinball streamers or top 25 players.

Make rules that are fun for the people who BUY pinball machines, not the ones who win them at tournaments. A game like Zep is way more fun than a game like AIQ. A game like Godzilla is so awesome because the depth is there for the lunatics, but it's also fun and intuitive for anybody else to play.

#1608 1 year ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I love RUSH - music pins are my FAVS

I had LZ and Rush. Rush stayed (awesome), LZ gone. LZ just not very good. I would love to own a IM someday.

Quoted from blizz81:

True - and then you can wait out code maturity and seeing what problems may plague the machines…
But also may / will be paying more for future runs simply because a calendar has progressed…

Another price hike could definitely come at the end of the year.

#1609 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeffgerard:

I noticed in the release literature that there is some discoloration/oxidation occurring on the "Dave" ramp.
Certainly these are made from some grade of stainless steel. To me this is indicative of an improper welding process, or lack of post-weld heat treat.
This photoshoot machine was likely one of the first made, and could be using non-production, quick turn process that created this issue. It also could be an issue that isn't immediately obvious, and could occur as the part ages (heat from welding causes alloying elements to diffuse out of weld affected area, which effectively turns stainless steel into regular steel).
I haven't seen this on an recent production machines that I have played on location, and the right ramp has welded stainless steel that is non-oxidized. Has anyone else seen anything like this recently? [quoted image]

This is likely a non production game, hence the rough weld.

#1610 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Rayday on code with Tanio is a big plus for me.

Code from the instruction card looks like Deadpool on steroids, awesome!!

#1611 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Distros always say that..that's part of the fomo.

Well, of the ones I contacted, 4 distros were sold out, one wanted $15.5k, and the one I have worked with the most, one of the largest, was nearly out.

#1612 1 year ago

Yeah maybe if I get 200 million the game will be more fun and the theme less stupid.

Cowabunga dude!!!

9C16F729-332E-4B79-BA0F-F4A2E0CB6BA9 (resized).jpeg9C16F729-332E-4B79-BA0F-F4A2E0CB6BA9 (resized).jpeg

#1613 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Did you think Rush had too much going on? He did the rules on that after.

#1614 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

Just listening to the pod cast. There are a line of Foo toys based on the Saturday morning cartoon premise that will interact with the topper? That'll be interesting.

If this is true it’s a genius marketing idea.

Imagine that there are specific achievements in Insider Connected that unlock at progressively more challenging levels. At each level you qualify to purchase a specific band member action figure that mounts onto the topper. Increases desire to replay the game, continued revenue stream for Stern, more incentive to spend the money for the topper and gives owners something to brag about, “I finally got my Dave figure!! Yes!”

Genius.

#1615 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yep. Had to sell that one . Too complicated and didn’t want to spend time figuring it out. Fun to shoot

#1616 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern rules guys need to remember that they are not designing games for Dalton, Escher, and 5 other guys who LIVE this stuff and want to study rule sheets and wade into the deepest rule sets possible.

I honestly wonder if AIQ wasn't a product of its environment, meaning it was done during Covid lockdown. People were all working from home, not playing on location, not hanging out and playing together, and had a lot of time to just sit there going down the rabbit hole without feedback.

Maybe I'm wrong, it's just speculation, but it feels like that could have contributed to being a bit ... much.

#1617 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've done all that and nothing compares to the sound of pinwoofer. It's not even close. It's amazing what you can't hear with the stock audio on the game, ehoh for example, changed the game. But, I pretty much buy them for games I know I'll keep

Ditto that Mark. Pinwoofer a must have!

The difference is amazing

#1618 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

And like clockwork.... the scumbag flippers begin to emerge.
[quoted image]

usually the 1-2 yr member guys

#1619 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Rush is a BIT easier to follow. I watched the 2 part tutorial he put on YouTube. It still has a lot that isn't intuitive.

#1620 1 year ago

I think AIQ rules aren't that complicated though intimidating (and maybe people worry too much about stuff like gem placement), but I think the bigger issue with that game was always more it lacking a lot of personality.

The sounds, callouts, display animations, etc... are all pretty weak relative to other Spike 2 titles. It has a real sterile feel to it. It doesn't do a good job of getting you hyped up for pinball or helping explain what's going on.

Rush is more approachable although the GUI is a bit cluttered and intimidating at first. Better callouts too, Canadian Dad jokes and all

#1621 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think AIQ rules aren't that complicated though intimidating (and maybe people worry too much about stuff like gem placement), but I think the bigger issue with that game was always more it lacking a lot of personality.
The sounds, callouts, display animations, etc... are all pretty weak relative to other Spike 2 titles. It has a real sterile feel to it. It doesn't do a good job of getting you hyped up for pinball or helping explain what's going on.

Totally agree on the media package being lacking as well. Great shooter. Back to FO-MO.

#1622 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Can Premiums sell out?

First run allotment that is,

#1623 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Rush is very deep and in some ways confusing - but it’s like AC/DC in the sense that you can enjoy the more obvious stuff (start modes, play modes) without going down the tournament rabbit hole & still have a ton of fun.

#1624 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:This darker blue that HemiOrange did on Kkoss24 IMDN would also look killer on this Foo pin, I think. The next post after shows a black with crazy illusion sparkle topcoat that would look great over top of any kind of mid or darker blue, IMHO. I really think the dark blue/purple metallic that atg1469 has on his GZ a couple posts down from there would look great too. Seems like the sparkle would be outstanding for a music pin, especially one that has Foos vs. Aliens.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-can-powder-coat-your-pinball-armor-for-29500-plus-return-shipping/page/9#post-7294106
Hit the image gallery in that thread, lots of great choices there and (for me anyway) it helps to see the colors in the context of a machine rather than just on a chip.

Thank You for the compliment Here’s the PF I was thinking that also but can’t have 2 the same .I think this would look killer on the pro .

18D17B73-8839-46E3-B444-13D46415673E (resized).png18D17B73-8839-46E3-B444-13D46415673E (resized).png5DB56D1C-96F7-457F-AD2B-C6D825F91A08 (resized).png5DB56D1C-96F7-457F-AD2B-C6D825F91A08 (resized).pngB978F49F-2594-4CC5-BE0F-B08F69780D73 (resized).pngB978F49F-2594-4CC5-BE0F-B08F69780D73 (resized).png
#1625 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I’ve proven that thinking wrong on location. It’s not the rings creating the dirt on modern sterns. I’ve done the swap on games and compared- no notable improvement. It is more the coil mechs.
Having magnets in godzillas bumper cap is interesting because you can watch the black dust setting in the magnetic field pattern… because the dirt is ferrous metal dust

Hmm I hate that black dust! Thanks for this info I am going to put some rare earth magnets in my games to collect the dust. The worst offender for getting dirty is monster bash. I plan on using the really little ones sandwich between the plastic parts. They should have no trouble grabbing the metal dust!! Thanks again.

#1626 1 year ago

I really hope this "cartoonish, mega colorful, over the top, splash-random-vibrant-colors-everywhere" era of pinball doesn't last too long. Sort of like the parachute pants & neon colored clothing of the early 1990's. Remember that? Neon colors were all the rage then but quickly (thankfully) forgotten. I think we're going to look at this early 2020's decade as sort of like the neon 1990's time.
010430cf3f10ea3ba03b18d437233235 (resized).jpg010430cf3f10ea3ba03b18d437233235 (resized).jpg

#1627 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I really hope this "cartoonish, mega colorful, over the top, splash-random-vibrant-colors-everywhere" era of pinball doesn't last too long. Sort of like the parachute pants & neon colored clothing of the early 1990's. Remember that? Neon colors were all the rage then but quickly (thankfully) forgotten. I think we're going to look at this early 2020's decade as sort of like the neon 1990's time.
[quoted image]

Yes! More dull pinball please! Tan and brown EVERYWHERE!!

#1628 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Let’s get back to that clip art era!

#1629 1 year ago

When is the hour long gameplay video of Foo Fighters?

#1630 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

[quoted image]

Remember everyones pits changing color wearing those damn hyper color shirts?
Terrible.
Hope that fad doesn’t come back- especially to pinball!
29ADDC0D-2EE8-438F-8480-513B2B9C19F3 (resized).jpeg29ADDC0D-2EE8-438F-8480-513B2B9C19F3 (resized).jpeg

#1631 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If you ignore all the stuff that makes them different, then you'd realize they're actually pretty similar

Someone needs to throw some wheels on , and a motor in a pin already so we can move in from #cargument

#1632 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Agreed. Talented dude but I felt the same with Rush. Then I watched his Baby Steps Rush tutorial and it really helped out. I bet the side drop targets work exactly like Rush and Walking Dead.

#1633 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Rush didn't have the same WTF IS HAPPENING issues as AIQ, but again, it seems more interested in impressing 5 guys on the planet than in having a cohesive, fun, intuitive experience that is going to hook your average player. Nothing really seems to mesh well together, it's not a package that makes you want to keep coming back and finding things out. I'd never play more than a couple games on RUsh before I'd turn it off and play the Sinbad next to it.

I had an AIQ and didn't like it much. So I traded that for a Rush, and I didn't like that much. So I traded that for a gorgeous Spider-Man with all the fixins. And I like it much. Killer game with awesome sound and rules package. And it's fun.

#1634 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

Thought this would be useful to easily see the differences in Pro vs Premium...
[quoted image]

Thanks for the side by side. The upper playfield is nice, but I think for the money the pro may be the way to go for me. I do like the dead post save! Can't wait to get some time on one! Great job Jack and team!!

#1635 1 year ago

I think I follow pinball at least relatively closely, but what is a "cornerstone" release? Thanks.

#1636 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I think I follow pinball at least relatively closely, but what is a "cornerstone" release? Thanks.

One with a Pro model.

Any Stern game you can't get for $7K isn't a "Cornerstone."

#1637 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Stream day baby!!! Exiting time for Jack Danger, Stern team, and pinball in general.

What time? On the dead flip twitch channel?

#1638 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What time? On the dead flip twitch channel?

Yes on DF twitch at 6pm central.

#1639 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That purple looks amazing....

#1640 1 year ago

Gonna go ahead and keep my deposit for the Maiden Prem. Really wrestled with this one! I will pick up a Pro FF in the future (like blue better and don't care for upper playfields). I feel the FF is going to be a huge hit, but in the end the neon colors of FF vs the phenomanal artwork of Maiden was the clincher. I have Godzilla Prem now and the FF game reminds me of it. Somebody earlier said that IMDN is a more old school vibe, so that will be a good contrast with Godzilla.

#1641 1 year ago

Is the van where you start modes ? One other question not pertaining to this 8th wonder ,does anyone know of the pinball stereo single kit that handles up to 5 pins on it ? I was reading about it one day and didn’t screen shot it .I’ve been looking ever since but can’t find it anywhere .Pinwoofer is Top Notch sound but I can’t afford one for every pin .

#1642 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Rush is more approachable although the GUI is a bit cluttered and intimidating at first. Better callouts too, Canadian Dad jokes and all

The movie mod makes it so much better! It's worth losing the IC for.

#1643 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

Thought this would be useful to easily see the differences in Pro vs Premium...
[quoted image]

This is a great comparison. I really like seeing the captive ball and dig the flow of the pro. Im sure modders will make a sweet Van and alien thing for the pro playfield. Premium sees crowded up top. Either one seems like a great choice. If bond code doesn't catch up I may be looking for a trade...

#1644 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

i honestly can't wait for the godfather because it couldn't possibly be a 1990's neon colored mess like foo foighters.

#1645 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

i honestly can't wait for the godfather because it can't possibly be a 1990's neon colored mess.

truly is horrible.

#1646 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

i honestly can't wait for the godfather because it can't possibly be a 1990's neon colored mess.

There is always B&W Munsters!

#1647 1 year ago

FOO-MO is real.

#1648 1 year ago
Quoted from Venetic:

There is always B&W Munsters!

and centaur. Im liking them more and more these days. LOL!

#1649 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Remember everyones pits changing color wearing those damn hyper color shirts?
Terrible.
Hope that fad doesn’t come back- especially to pinball!
[quoted image]

LOL I think I still have one of those in the closet right next to my wwe wrestling style parachute pants!

#1650 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Gonna go ahead and keep my deposit for the Maiden Prem. Really wrestled with this one! I will pick up a Pro FF in the future (like blue better and don't care for upper playfields). I feel the FF is going to be a huge hit, but in the end the neon colors of FF vs the phenomanal artwork of Maiden was the clincher. I have Godzilla Prem now and the FF game reminds me of it. Somebody earlier said that IMDN is a more old school vibe, so that will be a good contrast with Godzilla.

I think IM is a good move, you'll be able to get a FF in the future. I wasn't going to say this because i thought maybe it was just me, but the lower right ball path looks a little like GZ (kick out instead of pop bumper), left lower ramp like DP, the top (Pro version) has definitely GZ look but flipped. Regardless this pin looks fun, and might have similar play as GZ that I think could be a good thing. Theres only so much you can do in a box, but if there are similarities to other pins, they pulled from some great source material.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 499.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Prescott, WI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Northwood, OH
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/33?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.