5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 99.
#1551 1 year ago

I'm just amazed the pro already has black powdercoat. All those ones shown so far as alternatives don't do it for me.

#1552 1 year ago

I am looking for an le if anyone has access to one. Any help would be appreciated

#1553 1 year ago

I combed through the release announcement assets yesterday and had opinions. Enjoy!

#1554 1 year ago

Game looks great, innovative, fun. Cannot stand the band. Repetitive sound, bleh. Sorry, no matter how good the pin, you take a chance building a band theme. I know many will love it, but I never liked the Foo. Hope those that buy it find silverball nirvana.

#1555 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm just amazed the pro already has black powdercoat. All those ones shown so far as alternatives don't do it for me.

Isn't black crinkle powdercoat normal on a modern Stern?

#1556 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Isn't black crinkle powdercoat normal on a modern Stern?

No idea honestly..I'm just used to the low end model being unpainted normally.

#1557 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I am looking for an le if anyone has access to one. Any help would be appreciated

Check out Joystix or Hemispheres, they had them in stock or appeared to on their websites

#1558 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I am Not a Foo Fighters (the band) fan, tho I am around JD’s age. Growing up i preferred the 80s metal bands,
But have seen the FOO Live either opening or headlining for other bands I wanted to see, festivals etc.
Just want to clarify that FF pin was Totally off my radar,
That is until I saw the layout and full package, then heard RayDay is onboard for code support with Tanio.
I’m in.
This pin looks fantastic. Killer layout with many unique features… certainly see some elements from some of my favs…
Great job Jack Danger. Would not surprise me one bit if FF wins game of the year.
In for a Prem.
Couldn’t get an LE in Canada even when I tried, hate this market, especially in Canada.

I had the same exact experience, minus actually seeing them in concert and do enjoy the band, but had a Metallica (all time favorite band, went to a concert, etc. ) and sold it as for me it felt too wood choppy as well as I prefer more of a story\adventure type of pin and decided music pins weren’t for me, but after that reveal and layout, I am now contemplating switching from getting a Jurassic Park Prem (June run) to a FF premium as I will soon have a Godzilla and while I know JP is different from GZ, really anxious to try Jack’s first cornerstone design as well as support him too as I’ve always been a fan of everything he does.

Oh what to do, I know first world problems here.

Either way, exciting times.

#1559 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I am Not a Foo Fighters (the band) fan, tho I am around JD’s age. Growing up i preferred the 80s metal bands,
But have seen the FOO Live either opening or headlining for other bands I wanted to see, festivals etc.
Just want to clarify that FF pin was Totally off my radar,
That is until I saw the layout and full package, then heard RayDay is onboard for code support with Tanio.
I’m in.
This pin looks fantastic. Killer layout with many unique features… certainly see some elements from some of my favs…
Great job Jack Danger. Would not surprise me one bit if FF wins game of the year.
In for a Prem.
Couldn’t get an LE in Canada even when I tried, hate this market, especially in Canada.

Lack of competition in Ontario is disturbing. Can get a US LE and have it cross border shipped though. It's not hard at all.

Quoted from fooflighter:

Also, Stern just picks awesome IP's and themes and does their research as well. They only need to target that 1000 mark per theme for someone's grail pin which given the rising popularity of pinball looks like it's easy for them to achieve each time. I knew it would be a hit once people heard the music and saw what Jack Danger could produce surrounded by a superior talent team. I'm normally a Prem only buyer save for my TWD LE I bought used. I'm definitely not a sight unseen, LE take my money now buyer, but I was on Distro lists for years for this title and just got really lucky, the team that produced it delivered in spades so far. There are those buyers who are all LE all the time, and that's awesome as well, they help subsidize cost at the lower tiers to a degree. I paid in full last night and still feel great about it today which is a good sign.

All good points. I think these LEs will hold value. I don't think Bond LEs will.

#1560 1 year ago

And like clockwork.... the scumbag flippers begin to emerge.

Screenshot_20230301_112015_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230301_112015_Brave (resized).jpg
#1561 1 year ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Hope those that buy it find silverball nirvana.

How about the drummer from Nirvana?

#1562 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I sure would love to have all the folks that remove perfectly good rubber from games to mail them to me. It just goes totally against my frugal nature to change out good parts.

I used to immediately change my rubber out from black to white...but in recent years, I've just been lazy & the stock rubber doesn't seem to get my games too dirty. I definitely want to try changing a bunch of my newer games to Titans at some point.

#1563 1 year ago

Still some left, found one for msrp, but this is a popular title, they are selling out from what the distros told me.

#1564 1 year ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Cannot stand the band.

If i can take having an Iron Maiden in my game room and haven’t hung myself….This will do just fine.

#1565 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

The game does look good and usually a good product is put out there when the licensor has interest in the product (Rush vs Bond comes to mind). Man, I am 50/50 now on keeping my deposit for the re-release of Iron Maiden or do I jump ship and move the deposit to FF?? First world problems I guess.

Some advice from FF:

Done, done, on to the next one
Done, I'm done and on to the next one
Done, done, on to the next one
Done, I'm done and I'm on to the next!!!!!!!!

#1566 1 year ago

Is this where the kicking target is? Just wondering how this factors into gameplay. Is it a random chaos thing, or does the ball roll into it if you don't use the upper flipper? I don't think I've encountered a game with one of these before.

kicker (resized).pngkicker (resized).png
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1567 1 year ago

It kinda reminds me of the Colossal target on Deadpool being pointed away from the flippers (or Roadshows magic left standup)...

It seems like it's mostly for extra chaos? It's basically a slingshot where the arm and switch are combined into one unit. Gottlieb would substitute slingshots for these kicking targets on some games.

I imagine a secret skill shot is going to be soft plunging onto the kicker?

#1568 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It kinda reminds me of the Colossal target on Deadpool being pointed away from the flippers (or Roadshows magic left standup)...
It seems like it's mostly for extra chaos? It's basically a slingshot where the arm and switch are combined into one unit. Gottlieb would substitute slingshots for these kicking targets on some games.
I imagine a secret skill shot is going to be soft plunging onto the kicker?

That would be cool. I’m wondering if the kicking target is strong enough to send the ball up the center left ramp.

#1569 1 year ago

I think the Pro looks pretty good. I have enough upper playfields in my collection so I think I could live without. Can’t wait to see how the game shoots.

#1570 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Is this where the kicking target is? Just wondering how this factors into gameplay. Is it a random chaos thing, or does the ball roll into it if you don't use the upper flipper? I don't think I've encountered a game with one of these before.
[quoted image]

They work like a one way pop bumper.

#1571 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Still some left, found one for msrp, but this is a popular title, they are selling out from what the distros told me.

Distros always say that..that's part of the fomo.

#1572 1 year ago

Thought this would be useful to easily see the differences in Pro vs Premium...

FF3 (resized).jpgFF3 (resized).jpg

#1573 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:Speaker upgrade is not much really, but I'll be ordering pinwoofers shortly. That's what a music pin really needs, imo.

Why not just hook up the machine to an external sub? That's what I do. The upgraded speakers have great mids and highs, but an external sub shakes the room. My MET with upgraded speakers and an external sub sounds insane!

#1574 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Why not just hook up the machine to an external sub? That's what I do. The upgraded speakers have great mids and highs, but an external sub shakes the room. My MET with upgraded speakers and an external sub sounds insane!

You use the typical Polk or something else?

#1575 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

You use the typical Polk or something else?

Polk PSW10 is great

#1576 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

I've done all that and nothing compares to the sound of pinwoofer. It's not even close. It's amazing what you can't hear with the stock audio on the game, ehoh for example, changed the game. But, I pretty much buy them for games I know I'll keep

#1577 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Check out Joystix or Hemispheres, they had them in stock or appeared to on their websites

Charlie sold out of LE’s has premiums still.

#1578 1 year ago

And I'm betting the soundtrack is going to be off the charts here!!

#1579 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Charlie sold out of LE’s has premiums still.

Can Premiums sell out? I plan to wait and play this at TPF to see if I like pro vs premium. I’ve held off on owning any new Sterns, since I can play them all at several nearby locations, but FF might make me cave so I can get the in-home sound experience.

#1580 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Thinking more about the Seth Davis intro to the video, does anyone think this is going to be the first game with "DLC"? Maybe alternate band callouts? Personally I am not a fan of the idea, especially at $9,700 & $13,000...

People say this with every release, every year, with every "woke disney" rant, and it never happens.

No, I don't think this is going to be the first game with "DLC." But hey I've been wrong before.

#1581 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Thinking more about the Seth Davis intro to the video, does anyone think this is going to be the first game with "DLC"? Maybe alternate band callouts? Personally I am not a fan of the idea, especially at $9,700 & $13,000...

People already trip over themselves to spend $1000-$2000 on toppers and accessories… but a $100 dlc is unthinkable because…. Its software?

‘They could have just included it’ argument applies equally to their $15 dollar art blades, etc.

Expansion for sale is just another accessory - people got over that too.

Now if micro transactions or season packs become a thing… that’s where the real pain accumulates

#1582 1 year ago

Didn't they just release a topper for another game that added stuff to the game? Seems the DLC thing has already happened.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1583 1 year ago
Quoted from dzmechanical:

These pinball prices are no different than buying a $ 100,000 Dodge Hellcat.... These are high end Hobbies plenty of money in the good old USA...

Actually there are some differences.

$13K is $87,000 less than a $100,000 car

A Hellcat is a car, and a Stern LE is a pinball machine

I'd say these are pretty significant differences!

#1584 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

People already trip over themselves to spend $1000-$2000 on toppers and accessories… but a $100 dlc is unthinkable because…. Its software?
‘They could have just included it’ argument applies equally to their $15 dollar art blades, etc.
Expansion for sale is just another accessory - people got over that too.
Now if micro transactions or season packs become a thing… that’s where the real pain accumulates

Okay this is the same pitfall video games went down. You justify it because of X....it only gets worse from there. Microtransactions is exactly what this leads to. The whole point of complaining about it is there's a difference between making a complete game, and purposely holding things back for the very purpose of milking your customer. It is NOT the same thing as coming up with things later. I realize there's a lot of business minded people on this site so you think it's good business, but the reality is as a consumer, (or even as a business person) there's a certain level of respect for your consumer you should show, and it's become very clear in the last decade (if not longer) that there is no respect for the consumer. There's a very valid reason so many people are disenfranchised and have no brand loyalty any more. Of course, none of this will matter because 'it's my money'. I'm just pointing out the very valid reasons for the complaints.

#1585 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Actually there are some differences.
$13K is $87,000 less than a $100,000 car
A Hellcat is a car, and a Stern LE is a pinball machine
I'd say these are pretty significant differences!

If you ignore all the stuff that makes them different, then you'd realize they're actually pretty similar

#1586 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It depends though, I hate the black standard rubber, makes ball tracks easily and dirties up a playfield quickly. Titan Competition Translucent all day long...although I may go for green on this one

I’ve proven that thinking wrong on location. It’s not the rings creating the dirt on modern sterns. I’ve done the swap on games and compared- no notable improvement. It is more the coil mechs.

Having magnets in godzillas bumper cap is interesting because you can watch the black dust setting in the magnetic field pattern… because the dirt is ferrous metal dust

#1587 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

[quoted image]

A soft flipper through Rami will drop it right on that Kicking Target.

#1588 1 year ago

If I placed it next to TMNT would I get confused which game is which?

#1589 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

If I placed it next to TMNT would I get confused which game is which?

No. TMNT would be the one nobody is playing.

#1590 1 year ago

Just listening to the pod cast. There are a line of Foo toys based on the Saturday morning cartoon premise that will interact with the topper? That'll be interesting.

#1591 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The whole point of complaining about it is there's a difference between making a complete game, and purposely holding things back for the very purpose of milking your customer.

That bridge was crossed long ago. With editions… accessories… now insanely priced toppers. Game over man…

And what happened with those moves? People still can’t help themselves but lie cheat and screw your neighbor to fight over artificial scarcity.

We have seen the enemy… and the enemy is us

#1592 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:No. TMNT would be the one nobody is playing.

Wait...did you just trash talk a Stern game??

#1593 1 year ago

Thanks Kermit. I believe I got his last one. First NIB LE ever. Will look cool next to AFMr.

#1594 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Wait...did you just trash talk a Stern game??

I do it all the time. Rush blows. I didn't care much for AIQ.

You guys have all invented your own narratives about me.

#1595 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I do it all the time. Rush blows. I didn't care much for AIQ.
You guys have all invented your own narratives about me.

Is there a Stern game you do fancy?

#1596 1 year ago

you’re so vain, I haven’t even thought about you

#1597 1 year ago

You guys have all invented your own narratives about me</blockquote

I like Don's narrative the best

#1598 1 year ago

Get better.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No. TMNT would be the one nobody is playing.

#1599 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People say this with every release, every year, with every "woke disney" rant, and it never happens.
No, I don't think this is going to be the first game with "DLC." But hey I've been wrong before.

I mean eventually there is a "first" so will be wrong at some point. The JP topper was the first pay extra for new mode attempt, but not downloadable, you buy hardware to unlock.

This is probably the first game release where Seth was at Stern from the beginning of the 18 month development cycle.

#1600 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Can Premiums sell out? I plan to wait and play this at TPF to see if I like pro vs premium. I’ve held off on owning any new Sterns, since I can play them all at several nearby locations, but FF might make me cave so I can get the in-home sound experience.

Premiums don't sell out until Stern stops making them, which won't happen for a long time so you can absolutely wait and play it at TPF before deciding which tier you want. The only reason to buy now is to get one sooner, otherwise you'll be able to get a Prem or Pro no problem. LE is the only limited FF.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 499.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 16.50
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/32?hl=justjared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.