5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 99.
#1351 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm understanding this shot right I really want to hit a combo off it.[quoted image]

That is ridiculous if so.

#1352 1 year ago

Wow!

Beautiful - if a little garish - art packages!

Mad props to Jack for - above all - his streaming and all the fun he brings to the hobby. I am stoked for him to be advancing in his career in this industry, for sure.

Still, as for this layout, I do have one concern and it's kind of a big one:

The creativity that he applied to his inlanes - a target?! - is going to muck up the flow of the ball to the flipper. Elwin makes the best the flipper-return ballguides because he knows the importance of flow in those lanes for roll passing. His ballguides are laser-cut stainless and the elbows have slightly-larger-than-normal radii to encourage speed. This design has no true elbow; the ball rolls off the rail above the target, falls through the air, then doinks against the stainless ballguide an inch or so below before rolling to the flipper. Could it be great and I'm selling it short? Of course! But the odds are it will kill flow in the the lanes I will miss a traditional ballguide every time the ball rolls through. Plus, it will prevent a reverse toss - when the ball flies through the inlane in the opposite direction and squirts out the inlane and into the playfield. Those are fun.

#1353 1 year ago

But not nearly as much fun as shatzing those targets.

Could be right about the flow - will have to see it bit more in action. Probably have to play it to really know.

#1354 1 year ago

Local rock station was just talking about this pin on the air. Trust me I’ve never heard a radio station in New Orleans mention pinball ever in my life.

Can’t wait for my prem

#1355 1 year ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Thats why I'm getting a LE! I feel the LE holds its value the best. Plus you get quite a bit of cool stuff for the extra 3k. Expression lighting, side blades, green laser cut armor, upgraded sound, mirror back glass, reflective foil cabinet decals, anti-reflective glass.

Plus shaker motor. I agree, I think you get a lot with the upgrade to LE. Rock pins are one of the better LE's now due to the inclusion of expression lighting.

#1356 1 year ago

#1357 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

You have the top loop-around going the wrong way. It's a clockwise horseshoe.

Really? I need to see more angles I guess. Or better yet, some gameplay footage.

#1358 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Really? I need to see more angles I guess. Or better yet, some gameplay footage.

24 hours...

#1359 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Gameplay teaser shows it at 1:32. If you go in slow-mo you can follow the ball path better.

Good shot of the horseshoe rail.
Screenshot 2023-02-28 164841 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-02-28 164841 (resized).png

#1360 1 year ago

From what I can see you may not even have to Shatz those targets just hold the flipper up and it may hit it. Maybe the code will be once the target is hit and then super spinner it lit for a couple of seconds like on older solid states which would be cool, but I hope that the target is a skillful shot like a shatz instead of just holding a flipper or a quick flipper to target.

Quoted from cooked71:

But not nearly as much fun as shatzing those targets.
Could be right about the flow - will have to see it bit more in action. Probably have to play it to really know.

#1361 1 year ago

Hayfarmer looks to be 2-1/4" from what I can see in the photos. You thinking purple, green, or blue?

#1362 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Still, as for this layout, I do have one concern and it's kind of a big one:
The creativity that he applied to his inlanes - a target?! - is going to muck up the flow of the ball to the flipper.

Doesn't look like the target will interfere with the flow. Looks at the photos of the ball guides.
Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 8.03.28 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-02-28 at 8.03.28 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-02-28 at 8.03.36 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-02-28 at 8.03.36 PM (resized).png

#1363 1 year ago

Your soon to be introduced “alien neon green”

Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hayfarmer looks to be 2-1/4" from what I can see in the photos. You thinking purple, green, or blue?

#1364 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

The way it was explained to me was if distributors have extra after operators get their machines they can sell to anyone. Thats how I got my January Rush Pro last year.

When people freaked out that Bond Pros weren't on the schedule until April, Stern made a small allocation of homebound-specific pros with the first location pros. That's what I'm wondering if they're doing again.

#1365 1 year ago
Quoted from Ampsquare:

I thought it was Tim Heidecker who hosted the trailer presentation.

LOL I said the same exact thing. Maybe we can talk Seth into making a "Tim & Eric Awesome Pinball, Great Shot!" game.

#1366 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

4 ramps with an upper playfield while having an open lower playfield with unique geometry had to be no easy feat.. kudos to JD and Stern... I love the extras you can squeeze in without a pop bumper farm

4 ramps? U counting the far left small jump ramp? Or am I missing a ramp somewhere?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1367 1 year ago

fun watching Jack on twitch right now. What a day this must be for him. Hes obviously in awe of all the reactions today. Must have been so much nervous energy leading up to today and now he gets to bask in the almost 100% positive reactions to it. Excited for him.

#1368 1 year ago

Looks pretty good! If the rules are to my liking, I could see owning this game.

#1369 1 year ago

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

What a great name for it

#1370 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

fun watching Jack on twitch right now. What a day this must be for him. Hes obviously in awe of all the reactions today. Must have been so much nervous energy leading up to today and now he gets to bask in the almost 100% positive reactions to it. Excited for him.

Yeah man, he just seems so humbled by it. He's just talking about it like a proud father.

#1371 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

Gameplay teaser shows it at 1:32. If you go in slow-mo you can follow the ball path better.

Ah, I see now, thanks, there's a little extra curve it hits to whip it around the horseshoe like this I think:

Horseshoe (resized).pngHorseshoe (resized).png
#1372 1 year ago

I think I have watched the gameplay videos about 20 times now. Here is my initial impressions;

1. This pin looks it will be frickin awesome fun
2. I prefer the pro artwork, particularly the translite... and lets be honest if you have a bunch of machines set up together you usually dont get to appreciate the cabinet art anyway
3. I hope those inlane designs don't slow the ball down too much everytime
4. The playfield art is sensational. The video animations etc all look amazing and have made this machine look like it is SO much fun.
5. Seth Davis is just TERRIBLE on camera introducing this game. Talk about a buzzkill! They actually should have had Dave do the intro.
6. I think it will be standard moving forward with all Stern pins that PRO means you can't get expression lights, Premium means you can option them and LE means you get them. I also think moving forward with other pins we will see more and more stuff reduced or not available from Pros to push the upsale... it's what all the car manafacturers have started doing to maximise profits (ie you have to move to a higher model to have the privilege of purchasing more options etc)
7. There was so much hate and vitriol pre release for the idea of foo fighters having a pinball... let's watch half of those guys as they go and buy one now!
8. All LEs should come with a handsigned apron insert. Can it really be that hard to get the band (or at least Dave) to sign the cards
9. Jack appears to have nailed fun and innovation with the shots (I was confident he would)
10. This pin looks it will be frickin awesome fun

#1373 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ah, I see now, thanks, there's a little extra curve it hits to whip it around the horseshoe like this I think:[quoted image]

Gonna take a heck of a shot for all this to happen...

#1374 1 year ago

Quick question. How many LE games are slated for this game?

#1376 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Green on le?

#1377 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

kiss my ass stern

Keep fightin' the good fight my man!

#1378 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

#1379 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

1000. All sold.

#1380 1 year ago

Holy hell...the over-abundance of brightly colored artwork is a bit much for my liking. However, I guess it's cool that Lisa Frank is still getting work..

#1381 1 year ago
Quoted from simbob:

1000. All sold.

Stern always sells them all to distros but they are available....1k is alot especially at the 13k + price point

#1382 1 year ago

I didn't think I had room for anymore - but Jack, Zombie and the gang hit a home run here! It's a big "IN"!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1383 1 year ago

TWENTY games will be at SXSW in Austin, TX! March 10-12.

#1384 1 year ago

Let the fire sale commence!

#1385 1 year ago

What are the thoughts on the Pro translite? Too close to Scooby Doo? I was thinking of taking a stab at a translite based on various concert posters. So many great FF concert posters. Just wondering if worth bothering if everyone loves the Pro translite as is. Thanks.

#1386 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

What are the thoughts on the Pro translite? Too close to Scooby Doo? I was thinking of taking a stab at a translite based on various concert posters. So many great FF concert posters. Just wondering if worth bothering if everyone loves the Pro translite as is. Thanks.

Tall order replacing a Zombie Yeti translite.

#1387 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

TWENTY games will be at SXSW in Austin, TX! March 10-12.

ooOOooo, through where/what? Might have access to an exhibitor pass to make my way downtown.

#1388 1 year ago

Woot a game reveal at SXSW!

#1389 1 year ago

Game has a bit of TSPP about it.... Van in place of couch... similar shots under mini PF. Is that rollover going to get screwed in the captive ball area?

#1390 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

ooOOooo, through where/what? Might have access to an exhibitor pass to make my way downtown.

Not sure exactly, but Jack just mentioned it in his Twitch stream. He will be there also.

#1391 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Stern always sells them all to distros but they are available....1k is alot especially at the 13k + price point

i hear what you are saying.... but at any rate the LE's are definitely all sold out from distributors here in Australia. My distro said "I could have sold 10 times as many" Having said that, Fooeys have always been massively popular here and do arenas each tour. First time I saw them (probably like a lot of you) was in a bar that only held a 1000 people...

#1392 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

kiss my ass stern

Along with Automobile OEM's. But the Hoi Polloi will keep suckling.... 50 downvotes coming....lol

#1393 1 year ago

Not sure if the songs were posted yet?

B62BD1D2-ADB5-48BB-B68E-B502B59249CC (resized).pngB62BD1D2-ADB5-48BB-B68E-B502B59249CC (resized).png
#1394 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

[quoted image]

Yesterday.

#1395 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Keep fightin' the good fight my man!

You too Crazy. Higher and higher. Best ever.

#1396 1 year ago

Le paid in full. They are saying two weeks.

#1397 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Le paid in full. They are saying two weeks.

I AM OVERJOYED

#1398 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

[quoted image]

Nah man 1500 posts in and that was never posted THANKS

#1399 1 year ago

Holly shit balls! 2 weeks???? Wow

Did Jack mention anything about callouts? I asked 789 times but didn't get an answer.

#1400 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Holly shit balls! 2 weeks???? Wow
Did Jack mention anything about callouts? I asked 789 times but didn't get an answer.

I think the way Stern works is they record callouts at the very END of a release - so likely will be a thing at the first code release.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 499.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 16.50
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/28?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.