5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 99.
#1251 1 year ago

At first I could not figure out why they gave the bandmates different color shirts. It looked strange to me, being the fan I am. None of the colors went per say with any real theme of theirs. Then I realized, the Foo-Bot that the alien is holding has colored circles next to each part. Those circles correspond to the color shirt the band member is wearing.
I always liked that in the JJP GNR, if you knew what it meant, you could glance at the emblem in the middle to see what band members you needed still to get to play a song. I think they did a nice job here. In GNR, you may know that Slash wears a top hat, and Axl has the mic, so you would get it. But in the FF pin, you don't need to know anything about them. Simple color matching.

Let the color blind complain for themselves. It's not your fight.

#1252 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

game looks cool, does anyone have a top down shot of the PRo like the Premium / LE top down image
[quoted image]

The flyer on sterns website

5C78C18E-5AB4-435B-8DBA-DBFE1C53ECA5 (resized).jpeg5C78C18E-5AB4-435B-8DBA-DBFE1C53ECA5 (resized).jpeg
#1253 1 year ago
Quoted from 5DLounge:

At first I could not figure out why they gave the bandmates different color shirts. It looked strange to me, being the fan I am. None of the colors went per say with any real theme of theirs. Then I realized, the Foo-Bot that the alien is holding has colored circles next to each part. Those circles correspond to the color shirt the band member is wearing.
I always liked that in the JJP GNR, if you knew what it meant, you could glance at the emblem in the middle to see what band members you needed still to get to play a song. I think they did a nice job here. In GNR, you may know that Slash wears a top hat, and Axl has the mic, so you would get it. But in the FF pin, you don't need to know anything about them. Simple color matching.
Let the color blind complain for themselves. It's not your fight.

Or maybe on second glance those colors don't even match and I am an idiot.

#1254 1 year ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Looks like another stolen idea

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#1255 1 year ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I know I showed him this

And it bears no semblance to the implementation in Jack’s version, so it seems a little petty to be saying he stole the idea.

Jack loves the death save. He has a shirt that says “legalize death saves”, and now he actually has implemented a fair way to do it in the game that would be allowed at tournaments.

#1256 1 year ago

Just catching up on 500 posts overnight!

Game looks phenomenal!

2 questions:
- Why is Jack Danger not presenting the launch video instead of Stern CEO?
- Is this the biggest turnaround from meh to yeh in Pinside history?

#1257 1 year ago
Quoted from 5DLounge:

Or maybe on second glance those colors don't even match and I am an idiot.

It's the circles around their heads on their individual paths that match the robot parts. The shirts have nothing to do with it.

#1258 1 year ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Looks like another stolen idea

Fore those that don't know where Yomamasville is, it is pretty close to Chicago.... just sayin.

#1259 1 year ago

Ok, I've been squinting at the rule card and I think I have most of it (assuming it doesn't change between now and release):

Upgrade the Van
Complete drop targets and hit Mod-ulator ??? to upgrade Van Modes. Color indicates upgrade level- yellow is medium, red is max.

Van Modes
Hit white shots to spell V-A-N
Shoot left ramp to start van modes

Build the Foobot
Collect all 6 parts for Foobot Multiball

Battle the Overlord
Shoot the Overlord to advance and start Overlord Multiball

Combotron
Combo shots advance the Combotron

Search Area 51
Shoot the right ramp to advance and start Area 51 Multiball

Bot Frenzy
Compete the bot targets to light bot award ?? bot award when lit to start bot frenzy

Sonic Radio
Sonic Radio targets light radio ??? and Overdrive ball save

Overdrive ball save
When overdrive is lit at the left outlane hold the left flipper up to save the ball.

Now someone please tell me there is a HD picture of that card while I go to my optometrist.

#1260 1 year ago
Quoted from Biju:

Ok, I've been squinting at the rule card and I think I have most of it (assuming it doesn't change between now and release):
Upgrade the Van
Complete drop targets and hit Mod-ulator ??? to upgrade Van Modes. Color indicates upgrade level- yellow is medium, red is max.
Van Modes
Hit white shots to spell V-A-N
Shoot left ramp to start van modes
Build the Foobot
Collect all 6 parts for Foobot Multiball
Battle the Overlord
Shoot the Overlord to advance and start Overlord Multiball
Combotron
Combo shots advance the Combotron
Search Area 51
Shoot the right ramp to advance and start Area 51 Multiball
Bot Frenzy
Compete the bot targets to light bot award ?? bot award when lit to start bow frenzy
Sonic Radio
Sonic Radio targets light radio ??? and Overdrive ball save
Overdrive ball save
When overdrive is lit at the left outlane hold the left flipper up to save the ball.
Now someone please tell me there is a HD picture of that card while I go to my optometrist.

Brother, props to you. I have been staring at that damn thing for 2 hours.

#1261 1 year ago

Whats amazing is that there aren't any LE's being flipped yet on Marketplace. Is this a first? Usually 30 min after they are announced someone is selling a spot for 15k

#1262 1 year ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Whats amazing is that there aren't any LE's being flipped yet on Marketplace. Is this a first? Usually 30 min after they are announced someone is selling a spot for 15k

I saw somewhere that Stern was going to charge a $500 transfer fee to stop second hand selling of pre-order slots. Don't remember who/where it was posted.

#1263 1 year ago

4 ramps with an upper playfield while having an open lower playfield with unique geometry had to be no easy feat.. kudos to JD and Stern... I love the extras you can squeeze in without a pop bumper farm

#1264 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

I saw somewhere that Stern was going to charge a $500 transfer fee to stop second hand selling of pre-order slots. Don't remember who/where it was posted.

A distro is doing that, but not sure how Stern themselves would charge. Really they don't sell games direct except for the handful of Insiders.

#1265 1 year ago

Ok who does the colored powdercoat swatches ? I’d do them if I knew how .I’m thinking that light blue in the inside of van .

88FEF5FB-0066-44FA-AECA-C903C96DB815 (resized).png88FEF5FB-0066-44FA-AECA-C903C96DB815 (resized).pngFE306C1D-4C1F-42D9-84F1-4C7DBD3EA8E0 (resized).pngFE306C1D-4C1F-42D9-84F1-4C7DBD3EA8E0 (resized).png
#1266 1 year ago

Yeah le has to be paid up front in full now no transfers or there’s a fee. Smart.

#1267 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on dude you know jackbar will have one in a week!!

sooner, if they'll let me!

#1268 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

- Why is Jack Danger not presenting the launch video instead of Stern CEO?

Not understanding what you're asking here.

#1269 1 year ago

They are still easily found - 1000 is just too many and the cost gap between premium and LE is getting to be too big

#1270 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I think they mean, Seth Davis on the reveal video and not Jack

#1271 1 year ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

In for a Premium. Selling my JJP PoTC to make room. Its tough, but that game is the oldest of my wife-limit of 3.

Tell your wife the pinball machines don't have any room for her.

#1272 1 year ago
Quoted from Biju:

Now someone please tell me there is a HD picture of that card

Here's a crop of it from the website, I was just looking to find the best photo and read up on some of the rules there

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 4.36.39 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-02-28 at 4.36.39 PM (resized).png
#1273 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

They are still easily found - 1000 is just too many and the cost gap between premium and LE is getting to be too big

GZ LEs are the only one recently that seemed to flip for profit .Hopefully that is over with but we’re still at flipper pricing haha .I’d much rather Stern gets the $ if they keep slinging out pins like this

#1274 1 year ago

There are many people who have ideas but there are few who actually bring them to reality, and even fewer who do it well. I don't really care who originally thought of putting a post in the drain lane is such a way that it might save the ball in play, but it looks like Jack has seemlessly integrated a great iteration of the idea. Will have to wait to see just how reliable/consistent it is, by as a player it will be fun training yourself to perform a new flipper combo.

#1275 1 year ago

Not when it's 1000 LEs, priced and 13k+ and it's not a dynamite theme.

I'm really digging the playfield layout. Pro could be the sleeper here for sure. It looks great.

#1276 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Why not have Jack presenting his own game instead of Seth Davis? It’s what Jack does. Was just surprised. Hopefully Seth doesnt stream the first gameplay video.

#1277 1 year ago

Jack, I hope you're reading this with the biggest goofiest smile across yr dang face.

#1278 1 year ago
Quoted from bigehrl:sooner, if they'll let me!

I never been. I’m relatively new to the scene. Do you really have 70 games there?

#1279 1 year ago

Meanwhile Jack

65582219-6A67-4409-8B8B-68B77BBB6165.gif65582219-6A67-4409-8B8B-68B77BBB6165.gif
#1280 1 year ago

I kind of want one.

#1281 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why not have Jack presenting his own game instead of Seth Davis? It’s what Jack does. Was just surprised. Hopefully Seth doesnt stream the first gameplay video.

I know it’s not a big deal but do we really need to keep getting autographs of the designer, Gary and now Seth?

No. If you could make it look good cut em out and buy a Grohl auto to insert.

The green looks good.

No flipper posting? Hmmm, wonder why

#1282 1 year ago

Love that Abe flips design idea from Godzilla was incorporated into this shooter lane to prevent the ball from getting wonky falling off the shooter ramp ledge, this one does it 1 better and flows into a larger wrap around guide rail as well...Nice

Screenshot 2023-02-28 160526 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-02-28 160526 (resized).jpg
#1283 1 year ago
Quoted from Legenbad:

And it bears no semblance to the implementation in Jack’s version, so it seems a little petty to be saying he stole the idea.
Jack loves the death save. He has a shirt that says “legalize death saves”, and now he actually has implemented a fair way to do it in the game that would be allowed at tournaments.

Watched JD's twitch stream with him, Elwin and Gomez playing the Bond 60th LE. He and Keith did the death saves on that machine - crazy skilled those guys. Awesome he has a mech for it on FF!

#1284 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Love that Abe flips design idea from Godzilla was incorporated into this shooter lane to prevent the ball from getting wonky falling off the shooter ramp ledge, this one does it 1 better and flows into a larger wrap around guide rail as well...Nice
[quoted image]

I guess I missed this, but is that an inlane target to be hit by schatzing???

#1285 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

And I was set on getting a JP premium. N

I never been. I’m relatively new to the scene. Do you really have 70 games there?

No. He may have 70 but not all at the bar.

#1286 1 year ago

Looks great!!

I'd love to jump on an LE but have too many other games en route so best for me to play it first and decide.

#1287 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Looks great!!
I'd love to jump on an LE but have too many other games en route so best for me to play it first and decide.

Come on Rai. What’s wrong with you?!

$5k deposit to lock it in now

#1288 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

You can but Jack said it was predominantly designed to be hit when trapping up and having the ball roll up the inlane. He also said there is no up and over concerns when trapping on this game because of the target design. He wanted to give people more incentive to trap balls.

#1289 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Ok who does the colored powdercoat swatches ? I’d do them if I knew how .I’m thinking that light blue in the inside of van .
[quoted image][quoted image]

foo-fighters-prem-mockup.pngfoo-fighters-prem-mockup.png

foo-fighters-prem-mockup-purple.pngfoo-fighters-prem-mockup-purple.pngfoo-fighters-prem-mockup-mutedblue.pngfoo-fighters-prem-mockup-mutedblue.pngfoo-fighters-prem-mockup-frost.pngfoo-fighters-prem-mockup-frost.png
#1290 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

Learned a new word. Always wondered if there was a name for that.

#1291 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

Target in each inlane for shatzing.

#1292 1 year ago
Quoted from RickyBobby1:

Watched JD's twitch stream with him, Elwin and Gomez playing the Bond 60th LE. He and Keith did the death saves on that machine - crazy skilled those guys. Awesome he has a mech for it on FF!

Death saves (right outlane saves) are easy to pull off if you are reasonably experienced. Bang backs (left outlane saves) are a different story... Since the pop up post on this game is on the left side wouldn't this technically be a bang-back post?

#1293 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Thanks PM I think I would go even lighter but that looks good to me .Going to be between that and the darker blue /purple .

DF533AFD-BECC-4EB2-88AC-ED05A318A404 (resized).pngDF533AFD-BECC-4EB2-88AC-ED05A318A404 (resized).png
#1294 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks PM I think I would go even lighter but that looks good to me .Going to be between that and the darker blue /purple .
[quoted image]

Yeah, the quick and dirty way I'm doing these isn't super-precise, and the color has some transparency to pick up the armor underneath, which changes the color a bit. It's just a very rough idea of different color ideas.

#1295 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Come on Rai. What’s wrong with you?!
$5k deposit to lock it in now

3 on the way and only room for 1-2 after that

#1296 1 year ago

Try this color. Just curious. Lots of possibilities here.

E41F76DE-A8D8-4AC1-849E-516778443C19 (resized).jpegE41F76DE-A8D8-4AC1-849E-516778443C19 (resized).jpeg
#1297 1 year ago

The FOOMO is strong on this LE...

#1298 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

The FOOMO is strong on this LE...

FEE8E842-B9AC-4BD6-A64B-98594FC40043 (resized).jpegFEE8E842-B9AC-4BD6-A64B-98594FC40043 (resized).jpeg
#1299 1 year ago

Ah lame, pro doesn’t look like it will have the option to even install expression lighting

#1300 1 year ago

Meanwhile,
Screenshot_20230228-173241_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230228-173241_Chrome (resized).jpg
FqFLOwFaUAAGVwt (resized).jpegFqFLOwFaUAAGVwt (resized).jpeg

And yes you can see his smoker
FqFLOwFaEAAS0kS (resized).jpegFqFLOwFaEAAS0kS (resized).jpeg

(I'm unsure if the last 2 photos are recent, or were just accompanying to show the smoker)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burlington, VT
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 499.00
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/26?hl=legenbad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.