5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 99.
#1001 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Difference is, I've been here and in the hobby 10+ years, you're a newb at 4..

I've been in the hobby for 25 years but it feels like a hundred after reading your posts.

#1003 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

They can always disable it in comp play as well

Do you disable outlane saves on your tournament games?

#1004 1 year ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Jack danger does a lot of crowing about inclusion and social awareness on podcasts and his stream….

Pfft, that jerk trying to talk to his hundreds of followers about being nice to one another. Where does he get the nerve!

#1005 1 year ago

High impact hit!!!

240_F_247753119_NE5VKgcrvuGrxnkXkQ5zXhDKNHMQZHkm (resized).jpg240_F_247753119_NE5VKgcrvuGrxnkXkQ5zXhDKNHMQZHkm (resized).jpg
#1006 1 year ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

I noticed it was DeadFlip's hands in the video and had to laugh at his self-edited "Let's Heck" on his right hand. Excellent use of Band-Aids and marker. Well done DeadFlip! Can't wait to play it!
[quoted image]

I thought his hands read "LETS READ" and "HECK YEAH" normally, no editing required?

#1007 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Difference is, I've been here and in the hobby 10+ years, you're a newb at 4.. so I get your blind dedication and lack of long term view of the hobby. Again, I said I am happy for those paying it.
YOU had to get personal to me, not sure why... You can say that I'm always bitching about price increases, really I'm not.. YOU are the one that seems to blindly defend anything and everything in the hobby, INCLUDING the prices. I'd say I'm the more objective one, you're just a blind follower that likes and agrees with everything. Good for you!

7croi4 (resized).jpg7croi4 (resized).jpg
#1008 1 year ago

Hilarious how Stern has included the obligatory Hot Chick in the announcement email. Foo is not even in the picture. “Look Beavis. They have hot chicks. Huh huh.”
EB479836-5D72-4EAE-9C0E-F1419F139F35 (resized).pngEB479836-5D72-4EAE-9C0E-F1419F139F35 (resized).png

Oh, and the game looks really fun.

#1009 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

WHAT THE HELL? Sold out on the LE within 5 mins?

IT WAS A SELECT FEW THAT STERN SOLD DIRECTLY, now that I'm done shouting you may find one at an obscure distro since they're making 1000 LE's

#1010 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Hilarious how Stern has included the obligatory Hot Chick in the announcement email. Foo is not even in the picture. “Look Beavis. They have hot chicks. Huh huh.”
[quoted image]
Oh, and the game looks really fun.

I heard it was going to be her or Pat Smear. Looks like she won out by a hair. Haha.

#1011 1 year ago

Jack danger does a lot of crowing about inclusion and social awareness on podcasts and his stream…. Curious to see what efforts he made with this game to include/rep others (outside of himself on the backglass)

Well, it includes aliens…

#1012 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I've been in the hobby for 25 years but it feels like a hundred after reading your posts.

Better call the wahhhhbalance. This is the internet, this is a forum, and all points are talked about. You need a safe place? LMAO. Get over yourself. Its my opinion, go attack someone else..

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
#1013 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Pfft, that jerk trying to talk to his hundreds of followers about being nice to one another. Where does he get the nerve!

Bit more complex than that obtuse statement. Go listen to him on backbox podcast speak about inclusion in pinball for an hour.

#1014 1 year ago

Jack danger does a lot of crowing about inclusion and social awareness on podcasts and his stream…. Curious to see what efforts he made with this game to include/rep others (outside of himself on the backglass)

I HATE BEING NICE TO PPL

#1015 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I HATE BEING NICE TO PPL

You are on pinside- so it checks out

#1016 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Better call the wahhhhbalance. This is the internet, this is a forum, and all points are talked about. You need a safe place? LMAO. Get over yourself. Its my opinion, go attack someone else.. [quoted image]

Man you have no sense of irony at all... Yikes...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1017 1 year ago

Bit more complex than that obtuse statement. Go listen to him on backbox podcast speak about inclusion in pinball for an hour.

Somebody is nursing a dumb grudge and looking for a stupid fight that has nothing to do with this pinball machine reveal.

"I hate inclusion but why isn't Foo Fighters more inclusive cause Jack always talks about inclusion!!!"

Man don't you guys EVER get fuckin' tired of this stuff? You are literally wearing out an entire country with it.

#1018 1 year ago

This game looks amazing, only problem I can see is Pro looks really weak next to the Premium and Pro is what you will see around most often. Gotta spring for the Premium! $$$

#1019 1 year ago

I had no idea I would even be remotely interested in buying a Foo Fighters pin but now I’m in on premium.

#1020 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Amazing how quickly people have forgotten the ridiculous Stern price increases... I haven't. I'm not here to rain on anyones parade, I am happy for those that are paying for it, I really am. I'll buy your used one at a discount . At least this looks like it was well designed and thought through and shows some risk for being different.
Game looks fun! But really, it should, the only reason we are excited is because of the lame offerings some of the pinball companies have given us.. It's like the other "phoned in" designs make it worth buying the creative ones... like GZ. And hopefully this. We still have the Code for this one being the deal breaker IMO.
It's amazing what a good designer can do! There really isn't anything that is new from a parts perspective, this is all "off the shelf" parts to make this with the addition of some molds (van, monster). It's the things we seem to like in pinball, a shaking plastic part/object (like we've seen so many times before), a stop over a object (van), and a building/garage that we shoot through (how many times have we seen this?).
Again, not to rain on the parade, just objective observations.

it's a whinge and a rant and a crap one at that and you've said don't piss on anyones parade twice so you obvs don't give two hoots!

#1021 1 year ago

We're one "snowflake" or "woke" away from a full pinside bingo card.

#1022 1 year ago

For a second i thought the LE was ninja turtles. Game looks great, lots of great concepts and shots. Very nicely done @deadflip!

#1023 1 year ago

Premium it is for me!

#1024 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Somebody is nursing a dumb grudge and looking for a stupid fight that has nothing to do with this pinball machine reveal.
"I hate inclusion but why isn't Foo Fighters more inclusive cause Jack always talks about inclusion!!!"
Man don't you guys EVER get fuckin' tired of this stuff?

Who hates inclusion? Jack has publicly committed to inclusion (even after his voice acting was removed from Rick and morty). It’s something he discusses commonly and publicly. Why are you so mad?

#1025 1 year ago

being nice to people, its so freaking hard isn't it?

#1026 1 year ago

Very happy Tanio and Team on code.

There are tons of code options available with the stack of features built into this one.

On top of the huge potential for awesome code, the great detail in the cartoon video assets should push the fun factor to the next level.

Tanio's most recent works.

Tanio (resized).JPGTanio (resized).JPG
#1027 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Did Jack Danger just shamelessly steal zacaj’s deathsave post from his homebrew?!?

Homebrew designers don't count. He shouldn't flex something if he doesn't want a professional to use it

#1028 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Upper playfield actually looks fun - maybe a first for a Stern, lol?

Quoted from Jaytech10:

First upper playfield since tspp

Quoted from MikeS:

What about Aerosmith or GOT?-probably others as well.

The 2nd quote was in response to "FUN" upper PF's, not upper PF's in general from Stern.

#1029 1 year ago

well... no interest in the music but everything else about that pin looks great! art is awesome and playfield looks fun, can't wait to play it at the local brewpub!

and, next time maybe the hot chick can narrate the video instead of the stiff CEO?

#1030 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

being nice to people, its so freaking hard isn't it?

None of you have actually listened to him discuss this have you?

#1031 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I thought his hands read "LETS READ" and "HECK YEAH" normally, no editing required?

You are correct. My mistake. Apologies to @deadflip. Looked like a Band-Aid under the H to me and I made the terrible mistake of assuming. Rock on!

#1032 1 year ago

Anyway, back on the sunny side of the street, any/all Chicagoland operators please post when you get one of these on location. Can't wait to play it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1033 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

This game looks amazing, only problem I can see is Pro looks really weak next to the Premium and Pro is what you will see around most often. Gotta spring for the Premium! $$$

I don't know about that. The pro looks pretty good, and with all the hate upper playfields get around here (let's be honest, that shot is just a how many times can you hit the loop) I would think most people would prefer the pro, except that it has plastics instead of sculps.

That being said, I agree...the premium seems to be the sweet spot, but damn it's still too pricey for me to buy without playing it first. I might jump in on a pro sight unseen..maybe.

#1034 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I'mma head out and order that Pinwoofer setup +Polk sub right meow

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Damn good idea!! I'll be ordering after reveal,,,

Quoted from iceman44:

Pinwoofer gonna sell a lot of kits!

Looking forward to some epic audio!

https://pinwoofer.com/search.php?search_query=fighters

PinWoofer PW-SPIKE-SPK KOP super kit (resized).JPGPinWoofer PW-SPIKE-SPK KOP super kit (resized).JPG
#1035 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't know about that. The pro looks pretty good, and with all the hate upper playfields get around here (let's be honest, that shot is just a how many times can you hit the loop) I would think most people would prefer the pro, except that it has plastics instead of sculps.
That being said, I agree...the premium seems to be the sweet spot, but damn it's still too pricey for me to buy without playing it first. I might jump in on a pro sight unseen..maybe.

Did we verify the Pro doesn't support expression lights. That's the one big downer for me.

#1036 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Man you have no sense of irony at all... Yikes...

I said I was unhappy with the prices... you said you were unhappy WITH ME because of my opinion. There is no irony, except I discuss things I don't like, you talk about people you don't like... see the difference?

#1037 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man don't you guys EVER get fuckin' tired of this stuff? You are literally wearing out an entire country with it.

Not wanting to go down a rabbit hole, but the "wearing out" goes both ways. It's much more than just "being nice" to people. It's watching every word you say, every step you take, catering to the perpetually offended. Constantly being on your toes because people are looking for a power play to control your language and actions even if you are a generally good person wears you out too.

#1038 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Not wanting to go down a rabbit hole, but the "wearing out" goes both ways. It's much more than just "being nice" to people. It's watching every word you say, every step you take, catering to the perpetually offended. Constantly being on your toes because people are looking for a power play to control your language and actions even if you are a generally good person wears you out too.

Now we're going full pinside... Only took about 90 minutes

#1039 1 year ago

Theres alot of good things going on in this playfield....

#1040 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I would think most people would prefer the pro, except that it has plastics instead of sculps.

Don't forget the lazarus post. Totally worth the money, right?

I assume the PRO model overdrive just launches a new ball like a standard ball save.

#1041 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Did we verify the Pro doesn't support expression lights. That's the one big downer for me.

I haven't seen what the expression lights are...and if it is what I think it is, seems like something someone can make themselves without that much hassle for much cheaper - and then sell extremely marked up *Cough* .

#1042 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Don't forget the lazarus post. Totally worth the money, right?
I assume the PRO model overdrive just launches a new ball like a standard ball save.

true, that is a very interesting inclusion.

#1043 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Did Jack Danger just shamelessly steal zacaj?s deathsave post from his homebrew?!?

Danger did have this same post on his homebrew/whitewood. My game does not use a post to bounce the ball up between the flippers, it has a player controlled vuk to throw the ball over the flipper vertically. I don't think the Danger "dead post" is player controlled either.

Quoted from Jaytech10:

Homebrew designers don't count. He shouldn't flex something if he doesn't want a professional to use it

#1044 1 year ago

YUM!!! Just saw the trailer, lots of creativity, pinball deliciousness. A big feather in the cap for JD and FOO and Yeti and Stern and all involved. Tanio will rock that code like he did on Deadpool.

#1045 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I haven't seen what the expression lights are...and if it is what I think it is, seems like something someone can make themselves without that much hassle.

The nice thing about the expression lights is that they route the cabinet walls so the LEDs stay in place, unlike pin stadiums which typically have to be removed each time you need to service the game. The pro isn't routed...so custom standoffs or another solution would be needed (if the pro code supports EL)

#1046 1 year ago

Great game Jack..... knocked it outta the park.

What a homerun.

The Foo's did a drive-by on the Godfather.... he ain't getting up after getting shot like this.

#1047 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Now we're going full pinside... Only took about 90 minutes

Responding to it, not starting it, and being done with it. Completely different.

#1048 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Danger did have this same post on his homebrew/whitewood. My game does not use a post to bounce the ball up between the flippers, it has a player controlled vuk to throw the ball over the flipper vertically. I don't think the Danger "dead post" is player controlled either.

Stop flexing, Muscles

#1049 1 year ago

Never gone for a NIB LE, but I did on this. It's also the first theme my wife insisted we get, so that helps.

#1050 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I said I was unhappy with the prices... you said you were unhappy WITH ME because of my opinion. There is no irony, except I discuss things I don't like, you talk about people you don't like... see the difference?

The ironic part is how you travel around thread to thread advocating for flipping these things… and are so angry that the manufacturers/distros make any money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 499.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Toronto, ON
$ 16.50
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/21?hl=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.