5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 99.
#701 1 year ago

My guess 9am cst

#702 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So happy to see so many people digging Foo congrats.
I am surprised so many guys are happy with the release schedule. I’d like to see the sales date moved down past the trailers at least preferably after a stream of the game. But it is awesome to learn Stern is doing what so many people are happy seeing done sales before even pics or a stream. I had no idea guys like (love) the schedule so much.
Bond LE reveal I waited for stream, then passed
Scooby Doo reveal waited for stream, pass
Bond SLE reveal waited for stream, purchase
Foo reveal will wait for stream then decide
I maybe cured of this pinball FOMO sickness!!!
Looking forward to the stream. NoFooing

This only affects the LE sales. If you want an LE and can’t stand the thought of them possibly being sold out then you put your money down.

I’m not sure what else you want, they are streaming gameplay within a week of the teaser video. That’s an improvement over prior releases.

Pinside is never happy.

#703 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Haha not really I’m actually stoked for this one. Just not a huge Foo Fan in terms of music. It’s all radio play stuff I’ve heard 1000’s of times all played out for me tbh. Will be fun to flip I’m sure and the theme has me excited but FF sounds exactly the same to me on almost every song.
Give me beastie boys (or a hiphop pin) next or give me death. Rock pins are old hat let’s get something new.

That’s great and I agree a Beastie pin would be cool however I don’t think making music that people enjoy and can sing along to is a bad thing.

My favorite band ever is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Their songs are very simple as well. I saw a documentary once where they asked Tom how he managed to write so many hit songs over the years. His answer was “Don’t bore us, get to the chorus.”

There’s room in the world for all sorts of music.

#704 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Should be sooner because the le goes on sale before that

I thought the distro conference call was around 9 EST usually? Someone always leaks fuzzy pictures after that.

#705 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So happy to see so many people digging Foo congrats.
I am surprised so many guys are happy with the release schedule. I’d like to see the sales date moved down past the trailers at least preferably after a stream of the game. But it is awesome to learn Stern is doing what so many people are happy seeing done sales before even pics or a stream. I had no idea guys like (love) the schedule so much.
Bond LE reveal I waited for stream, then passed
Scooby Doo reveal waited for stream, pass
Bond SLE reveal waited for stream, purchase
Foo reveal will wait for stream then decide
I maybe cured of this pinball FOMO sickness!!!
Looking forward to the stream. NoFooing

I absolutely love Foo Fighters, one of my top bands of all time. That doesn't immediately mean I'll love the pinball machine. Avengers Infinity War was one of my dream themes and I bought without ever playing it. Unfortunately for me, the code was just not something I loved and really took away the fun of the game for me.

I'll play a bunch of games on Foo then decide.

#706 1 year ago

The reveal video is going to be at 9am eastern.

#707 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

That’s great and I agree a Beastie pin would be cool however I don’t think making music that people enjoy and can sing along to is a bad thing.
My favorite band ever is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Their songs are very simple as well. I saw a documentary once where they asked Tom how he managed to write so many hit songs over the years. His answer was “Don’t bore us, get to the chorus.”
There’s room in the world for all sorts of music.

I’m excited for it myself and I “like” their music (probably not enough to purchase). for a true fan of the band a music pin is usually a purchase unseen (I know LZ was for me) and I think this one with just seeing the trailer will be a winner.

maybe a band that has so many easily digestible radio tracks will be the perfect BG audio for pinball but end of the day it all comes down to the PF and toys etc. for most of us and I’m hoping they deliver! The art on the trailer looked awesome I’m stoked.

#708 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I’m excited for it myself and I “like” their music (probably not enough to purchase). for a true fan of the band a music pin is usually a purchase unseen (I know LZ was for me) and I think this one with just seeing the trailer will be a winner.
maybe a band that has so many easily digestible radio tracks will be the perfect BG audio for pinball but end of the day it all comes down to the PF and toys etc. for most of us and I’m hoping they deliver! The art on the trailer looked awesome I’m stoked.

Agree, Danger is the wildcard.

It’s hard for me to believe that Stern didn’t have some training wheels on him for design on his first cornerstone. When you have Borg, Elwin, Gomez, etc. down the hall it’s gotta be easy to bounce ideas off of people and get input.

Can’t believe Stern would let Danger fail on design on this one.

#709 1 year ago

It’s hard for me to believe that Stern didn’t have some training wheels on him for design on his first cornerstone. When you have Borg, Elwin, Gomez, etc. down the hall it’s gotta be easy to bounce ideas off of people and get input.

Agree. Too much institutionalized information and support to fall completely off the rails for a new designer. I think it's more likely that a "can't miss" designer takes a risk that gets through and flops. The folks at Stern want Jack to succeed and would have given him all of the feedback and help he needs.

#710 1 year ago

He pretty much said there was some hand holding through the full gamut of the cornerstone process because of his first time through it, even if the design is mostly his ideas I'm sure every designer gets feedback from others and adjusts somewhat on that.

#711 1 year ago

Um .. that is a big no for me Alex. Deleted all my negative nancy comments about the younger generation. Now get off my lawn.

#712 1 year ago

It’s at 10 cst or 11 eastern. Have to get my le order in within 30 minutes

#713 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Have to get my le order in within 30 minutes

Do you have to? lol, you were complaining earlier that all the distributors were charging shipping now. Stand up as a consumer or nothing will change.

#714 1 year ago

Well that was underwhelming

#715 1 year ago

The assets video looks like tons of fun. FOO FIGHTER VOLTRON

#718 1 year ago

No actual game stuff in it! But it looks interesting for sure!

#719 1 year ago

That’s just video assets other trailer coming at 11 eastern

#720 1 year ago

This wasn’t even on my radar, but I’m starting to get very interested. This is the way to do a music pin to me - use the music but have a theme that isn’t the picture of a band and videos of a concert. Iron Maiden style. Theme and art are looking really fun so far from what they’ve teased.

#721 1 year ago

City tour mode wonder how many there will be? One for each song I’m guessing?

#722 1 year ago

I must say, it looks like someone finally nailed original animations for a pin.

#723 1 year ago

This is how you do a music pin without having it be just a boring music pin...love what I am seeing so far!

#724 1 year ago

#725 1 year ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Agree. Too much institutionalized information and support to fall completely off the rails for a new designer. I think it's more likely that a "can't miss" designer takes a risk that gets through and flops. The folks at Stern want Jack to succeed and would have given him all of the feedback and help he needs.

Where was the institution to help Gomez?

#726 1 year ago

Sounds like the same voice actor who did Godzilla?
(Which was amazing)

#727 1 year ago

cool video. Animations look great. This could basically be attack from Mars with Foo Fighters. I like it. Please show me the actual game now

#728 1 year ago

Retro Atomic Zombie Foo Fighters (RAZFF)

#729 1 year ago

Makes a lot of sense a Jack Danger pin is heavy on story/animation as he used to do that pre-pinball

Probably what George meant when he said this game would be in a different direction (a music pin with a heavy emphasis on story)

#731 1 year ago

I wish a company would get teases down. I think Stern has started this off beautifully for FF.
Give me a teaser trailer. In a week, give me a bigger trailer. In a week, show me some premium videos. The following week show me some toys. The next week show me some footage of play. The week after a multiball video, the week after LE info, etc, etc, etc.
Draw it out. Get us excited.
This current tease between last week and this morning is great. A big high five to Stern for a great start. Can't wait to see how they roll this out.

For the record, this is the first pin being released that I am following and want to buy. Kind of new to this stuff and the anticipation is very exciting.

#732 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

No actual game stuff in it! But it looks interesting for sure!

I thought we might see some game play - ug!

The animation looks good though - Game could be like Godzilla - going city to city to fight aliens.

#733 1 year ago

I think I hear Brendon Small in there.

#734 1 year ago

i said this earlier - with all due respect to Stern - this is the Foo Fighters creative team. These will be used on tour as well. It looks great.

#735 1 year ago

Video assets …..Big Ass Fucking ✔️!!!!

#736 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackice:

Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Elton John, Jimi Hendrix
The Who, Deep Purple Van Halen etc.

We get it, you're old and out of touch. Haha Poo fighters! What a classic. What are some other gems you have? "Rap!? did they forget to put the C in front of it?"

Quoted from doublestack:

I agree with this. I called them vanilla in another thread and that isn’t a slam on the band. They are a middle of the road rock band with solid bones that are really well known for giving fans a great concert experience. I don’t crank up foo fighters in my car but I also don’t change the station if I hear everlong come on.
If my goal was to sell pinball machines, this is a band I’d look real hard at.

I agree too. I am a big fan of the band but its not a lie to say they really don't have much of an edge. Thats fine, and what makes them a good choice since it'll be inoffensive to everyone. They are just a band who like to play rock and goof around. Love that!

#737 1 year ago

Really happy to see this be an actual FUN storyline instead of the generic rock theme with live footage. Only the old fogeys want to see that. Bring me a story, make it creative and bring on a good set list. Nailed it. Now show the damn machine and artwork!

#738 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Hoping this game includes or at the very least supports expression lighting. One of my favorite parts of Rush is the incredible light show. Looking forward to the teaser

I’m wondering if it will have expression lighting on it to.

If it does how will they justify making them and everyone else still waiting to get theirs on Rush?

#739 1 year ago

I was hoping for an Alien-themed Foo Fighters for years and was so shocked and thrilled for that to happen.

AND THEN THEY TOOK IT UP A LEVEL!

80's cartoon style animation! I see nods to He-Man (skeletor-voice villain), Transformers/GoBots, The Real Ghostbusters (base).

I can't wait to see the actual game.

#740 1 year ago

Not gonna lie - that looked pretty good! I'm so glad we are beyond the days of "Stock concert footage" - this story telling vibe is way better and gets the player more interested and involved. When I play ACDC, I almost shrug my shoulders going "ok...what's next...?" Playing Jurassic Park or Godzilla has me going "YEAH!!!! What's next???!!!!" .... FF is leaning towards the latter

Hearing Dave scream at the end of that video almost gave me goosebumps awaiting the playfield!

#741 1 year ago
zy (resized).pngzy (resized).png
#742 1 year ago

That voice work is cringy as hell and will get old very fast

#743 1 year ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

Some could say the same about you

#744 1 year ago

The more I’m seeing on this game, the more I’m ready to pull the trigger (and figure out where to put the darn thing as I’m out of space).

#745 1 year ago

Edge Lord hot takes INC.

#746 1 year ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

The villain voice sounds like one of the villains in the Ambiguously Gay Duo, check it out at 1:32 mark

#747 1 year ago

Aurora, where are you?

#748 1 year ago

Looks unreal. Love the concept

#749 1 year ago

Foo Fighters assemble like Voltron to battle a War of the Worlds-esque invasion with a hungry af new designer at the helm. Can’t fuckin wait to see this game.

#750 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

The villain voice sounds like one of the villains in the Ambiguously Gay Duo, check it out at 1:32 mark

Maybe it works in that setting. Less likely so after hundreds of games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Northwood, OH
$ 16.50
6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burlington, VT
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 139.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/15?hl=pinpickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.