5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 99.
#601 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

15 songs is a ton!!!
Back in the Bally KISS days you didn't even get 15 notes!

haha. I know. But I compare everything to JJP GNR.

#602 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Hoping to hear Exhausted and Marigold on FF (songs written roughly while Dave was with Nirvana).

Marigold is a released Nirvana song, so not going to happen. While a great song...why in the world would you want something that slow in your game?

In a similar vein of Nirvana songs written by Dave, there was something magical captured during a jam session for In Utero and released on the With the Lights Out box set. You can hear Dave at the begging say "Hey I wrote this song. It goes..." and then he plays the main riff a couple times for Kurt. Kurt picks it up, and Dave jumps on the drums. The band jams on that riff and by the end of the nine minutes, they have pretty much all of the elements of what ended up as Scentless Apprentice on In Utero. If you are unfamiliar with the song, I highly recommend listening to the album version, then listen to the jam. It's rare that you get a window to the genesis of music like this.

#603 1 year ago

15 is solid. I could do without Best of You, but I knew it would be on there.

In before someone suggests more could come through DLC.

#604 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Wouldn't be surprised if Stern realized they accidentally misled people and threw us a bone. I doubt they planned to drop something just before 5 PM central.

I actually just said that to my husband as he showed me the list. It’s pretty late in the day and I think Stern saw a bunch of people wanting the songs.

#605 1 year ago

Would be great if we could buy more songs.

#606 1 year ago

Great song list!!

#607 1 year ago

Hoping this game includes or at the very least supports expression lighting. One of my favorite parts of Rush is the incredible light show. Looking forward to the teaser

#608 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

15 songs is a ton!!!
Back in the Bally KISS days you didn't even get 15 notes!

Wanted to match GNR song total.

#609 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Here it is.
[quoted image]

That looks pretty much like what we all expected. I'm happy with the song list...now let's see what they did with it.

#610 1 year ago

Really happy with the song list!

#611 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Hoping this game includes or at the very least supports expression lighting. One of my favorite parts of Rush is the incredible light show. Looking forward to the teaser

Most likely just in the LE like they did with Rush. $500 option on premiums

#612 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Here it is.
[quoted image]

Great song list! 15 songs is fantastic, I hope whoever said they wanted 25 songs was kidding…

#613 1 year ago

So many other bands to choose from and they pick Poo fighters.‍♂️

#614 1 year ago

Meanwhile at the JJP camp.

3B114036-BDF7-4C13-8598-67BE3F77884E (resized).jpeg3B114036-BDF7-4C13-8598-67BE3F77884E (resized).jpeg
#615 1 year ago

I'd never heard three of those: Walk, Holding Poison, Something From Nothing. Just checked 'em out. Because no one cares and I'm bored, thoughts:

- Walk is generic mid-tempo earnest heartland rock, poor man's Times Like These, which is already meh.
- Holding Posion is fun, a smidge new wave/nervy, catchy start-stop verse riff with a woodblock hit.
- Oops, turns out I have heard Something From Nothing. I like the funky section. Rick Nielsen is a nice touch but I'm not sure he brings anything to the song. Requisite screaming that always feels like a Monkey Wrench retread to me. Video was recorded in the studio where I used to play a weekly poker game, so that was a bit surreal.

Back to your regularly scheduled prelaunch vinegar strokes.

#616 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackice:

So many other bands to choose from

Name a bigger one that hasn't been done. It's a very short list.

#617 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

He can’t but he’s gonna say the same thing in every foo fighters thread.

#618 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackice:

So many other bands to choose from and they pick Poo fighters.‍♂️

Waka waka!

#619 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Pffft...how could you miss these legends

CHUMBAWAMBA-te-220923-009215 (resized).jpgCHUMBAWAMBA-te-220923-009215 (resized).jpg
#620 1 year ago

Its really hard not to like the foos and the fact that this will have a theme to go along with it really has me excited. If this thing is loaded, all of those dogging it will have one in their lineup at some point.... We'll see posts like this soon:

"I know guys....I wasn't a fan of the idea of the foo fighters having a pin but man this thing is great and I'm so glad I have one..."

#621 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Wouldn't be surprised to see it on the LE like RUSH. Gotta sell those thousand LEs. Prem owners will be left begging for the add-on, like RUSH.

Quoted from Diamond:

Most likely just in the LE like they did with Rush. $500 option on premiums

$500 vaporware option, like RUSH.

#622 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Its really hard not to like the foos and the fact that this will have a theme to go along with it really has me excited. If this thing is loaded, all of those dogging it will have one in their lineup at some point.... We'll see posts like this soon:
"I know guys....I wasn't a fan of the idea of the foo fighters having a pin but man this thing is great and I'm so glad I have one..."

I agree.

Hate to continue to pick on Rush, but they are truly love them or hate them.

I’ve come to the conclusion that I hate them (besides working Man).

Foo fighters?? They are so bland and inoffensive that I just don’t understand how they can possibly inspire hatred. Even if you aren’t a fan I don’t see how the music could bother you as background pinball tunes.

#623 1 year ago

Good with the set list. Would love For All The Cows (my favorite) and Aurora (Taylor’s favorite) but I knew that wasn’t happening.

#624 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

- Oops, turns out I have heard Something From Nothing. I like the funky section.

When that came out, I misheard this lyric...

"Here lies a city on fire, singing along, the arsonist choir."

as...

"Here lies a city on fire, singing along, the awesomeness choir."

I was disappointed with the real lyric.

The song also suffers from common Foo where they have a cool sound on an intro, then shift into a generic headbanger shortly after it starts. I wish, on that song specifically, they had carried through the vibe they started with and made a really unique song beginning to end.

#625 1 year ago

Well I think I’ve heard 2 of the songs…just never got into FF throughout my years.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#626 1 year ago

Will have all cab pics. Wording was confusing.

6D3DE944-260D-436B-83C9-80031BE09C0D (resized).png6D3DE944-260D-436B-83C9-80031BE09C0D (resized).png
#627 1 year ago

What no Stairway To Heaven? Are they a real group or just popular on YouTube?

#628 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Upon further thought, yeah I can easily believe it haha! I can understand the die hard collectors who buy every LE no matter what since $$$ isn't an issue. for your 'average' pinsider (loose term) with a handful of games (like myself I guess) Putting cash down without even a screenshot of the playfield is just a ballsy move. They must have a lot more faith than I do! Hey, whatever floats your boat. Hope it works out well for them!

Idk, I talked to a guy here awhile ago that said he'd buy Pink Floyd unseen

#629 1 year ago

What a great song list!

#630 1 year ago

List looks good to me! Can't think of anything I would have really wanted that isn't there.

#631 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He can’t but he’s gonna say the same thing in every foo fighters thread.

Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Elton John, Jimi Hendrix
The Who, Deep Purple Van Halen etc.

#632 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Something From Nothing

Something from nothing is a great song and was also episode 1 of Sonic Highways.

If you haven't checked that out, it's really great.

#633 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackice:

Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Elton John, Jimi Hendrix
The Who, Deep Purple Van Halen etc.

Like half of those people are dead man.

#634 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I agree.
Foo fighters?? They are so bland and inoffensive that I just don’t understand how they can possibly inspire hatred. Even if your in aren’t a fan I don’t see how the music could bother you as background pinball tunes.

I agree with this. I called them vanilla in another thread and that isn’t a slam on the band. They are a middle of the road rock band with solid bones that are really well known for giving fans a great concert experience. I don’t crank up foo fighters in my car but I also don’t change the station if I hear everlong come on.

If my goal was to sell pinball machines, this is a band I’d look real hard at.

#635 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Idk, I talked to a guy here awhile ago that said he'd buy Pink Floyd unseen

Haha now now..Key part of that is “awhile ago” - I’ve learned a few things along the way….

#636 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

Marigold is a released Nirvana song, so not going to happen. While a great song...why in the world would you want something that slow in your game?
In a similar vein of Nirvana songs written by Dave, there was something magical captured during a jam session for In Utero and released on the With the Lights Out box set. You can hear Dave at the begging say "Hey I wrote this song. It goes..." and then he plays the main riff a couple times for Kurt. Kurt picks it up, and Dave jumps on the drums. The band jams on that riff and by the end of the nine minutes, they have pretty much all of the elements of what ended up as Scentless Apprentice on In Utero. If you are unfamiliar with the song, I highly recommend listening to the album version, then listen to the jam. It's rare that you get a window to the genesis of music like this.

03E5C6EC-1E86-4648-B960-CE396B400E31 (resized).jpeg03E5C6EC-1E86-4648-B960-CE396B400E31 (resized).jpeg
This was the Foo Fighters CD I listened to all throughout College. I picked it up in Europe during summer break and felt fortunate because it was a crushing force that echoed throughout the college dorm floor.
It had a cover song from Angry Samoans!
Unfortunately, my roommate’s girlfriend stole it when they broke up. Sh:t Happens, but she wasn’t able to steal the memories that CD gave me.
Looking forward to the Foo Fighters pinball machine.
89E0F57C-C202-4796-88B0-61EB26C415E9 (resized).jpeg89E0F57C-C202-4796-88B0-61EB26C415E9 (resized).jpeg

#637 1 year ago

Just busting yr chops buddy

#638 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I agree.
Foo fighters?? They are so bland and inoffensive that I just don’t understand how they can possibly inspire hatred. Even if your in aren’t a fan I don’t see how the music could bother you as background pinball tunes.

and i'll never understand how you can continue to dog out 3 of the best rock musicians that were ever on the face of the earth.

#639 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

and i'll never understand how you can continue to dog out 3 of the best rock musicians that were ever on the face of the earth.

-Geddy lee’s horrible voice

-Obnoxious lyrics that embrace a political philosophy in not really into

- robotic “musicianship” over solid tunes and energy

-groan inducing Canadian dad humor and other “hilarity” like washing machines onstage

-offensive attempts at rapping

I could go on….but I’d rather go listen to the foo fighters, who I don’t Particularly love.

Like I said, Rush is love it or hate it. Some love it. Most hate it.

I really don’t think the same is true of the foos. It’s a good rock theme for a pinball machine.

#640 1 year ago

Smoked some weed and cranked up 2112 back when I was 16 and never looked back. I Love RUSH (in smaller doses)!

#641 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

haha. I know. But I compare everything to JJP GNR.

Keep comparing it to GNR and you're going to adore foo fighters

#642 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Meanwhile at the JJP camp.
[quoted image]

I don't know how GF gets exciting

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

What a great song list!

Yep. I like.

#643 1 year ago

Foo Fighters and Rush are all the same to me: bands other people enjoy that aren't my flavor and I don't want to listen to while playing pinball. I'll flip them on location where I probably can't hear anyways.

It feels pointless to argue over who likes or doesn't like a band. We're not in high school anymore. I don't care who the drummer is or how many records they sold or who you got laid with during their first single, it's your thing, enjoy it and I'll go my way.

I bet this is a good game, I think the early vibes are looking positive. My gut instinct is people who aren't FF fans will buy it anyways, we'll see. And if you're like me and no layout on earth would make you own a game featuring music you don't dig? Well we're saving thousands and thousands of dollars, don't be mad about it.

#644 1 year ago

Such an amazing setlist I'm so glad run and something from nothing made the cut those are going to be two awesome songs playing in the background

#645 1 year ago

On the fence with this one. Foo Fighters are probably my second favorite band, next to Dave Matthews Band (been to over 60 shows). Hoping the layout/toys look good, and can pull the trigger on a LE. Either way, excited for everyone that is forsure in!

#646 1 year ago

Overall, I’m just happy to see others’ happy and get a band they were hoping for. Especially a band that’s a little newer.

Nothin beats playing pinball with some buddy’s while rocking out to your favorite tunes. Timeless.

#647 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Foo Fighters and Rush are all the same to me: bands other people enjoy that aren't my flavor and I don't want to listen to while playing pinball. I'll flip them on location where I probably can't hear anyways.
It feels pointless to argue over who likes or doesn't like a band. We're not in high school anymore. I don't care who the drummer is or how many records they sold or who you got laid with during their first single, it's your thing, enjoy it and I'll go my way.
I bet this is a good game, I think the early vibes are looking positive. My gut instinct is people who aren't FF fans will buy it anyways, we'll see. And if you're like me and no layout on earth would make you own a game featuring music you don't dig? Well we're saving thousands and thousands of dollars, don't be mad about it.

I think it’s a “they took our jerbs!!!” Situation.

When they make a band theme people don’t like, or hate, they tend to view it as coming at the expense of a band game they lust for.

Hence, I should be mad that Rush or foo got made, because it caused Judas Priest to not happen.

I know that’s not the case. But others may not feel that way.

#648 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think it’s a “they took our jerbs!!!” Situation.
When they make a band theme people don’t like, or hate, they tend to view it as coming at the expense of a band game they lust for.

"Stop making these dad rocks games and make Van Halen!"

#649 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

[quoted image]
This was the Foo Fighters CD I listened to all throughout College. I picked it up in Europe during summer break and felt fortunate because it was a crushing force that echoed throughout the college dorm floor.
It had a cover song from Angry Samoans!
Unfortunately, my roommate’s girlfriend stole it when they broke up. Sh:t Happens, but she wasn’t able to steal the memories that CD gave me.
Looking forward to the Foo Fighters pinball machine.
[quoted image]

The Angry Samoans! I just listened to them the other day after something happened that reminded me of the band. It had been a few years since I blasted Back From Samoa in my car

<filed under "Bands I never thought I'd hear mentioned on Pinside">

#650 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"Stop making these dad rocks games and make Van Halen!"

Careful or we'll get a Pitbull pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop
Plastics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
BomberMods
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burlington, VT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 210.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasanton, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball
Interactive
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/13?hl=sluggo39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.