Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,011 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 167 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

405069973_7150533634989700_9144205483888789224_n (resized).jpg
    404993735_7150533524989711_5239683263420208945_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5420 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-5237 (resized).jpg
    IMG-5238 (resized).jpg
    IMG-5074 (resized).jpg
    IMG-5076 (resized).jpg
    church_real (resized).png
    church (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miracleman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#334 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

I like the wireform wrapping around the skyscraper. (It is still on a motor that goes up and down so it sinks into the playfield when blown up in finale.. having a hard time letting that concept go)

You HAVE to keep the sinking skyscraper.

8 months later
    #477 3 years ago

Game Over or completion of wizard mode should be Pixies -Where Is My Mind, as it was in the movie...

2 months later
    #502 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker: It has a few details to be added and will be painted of course, with clear prints behind the windows .. hoping to get a candle effect with lighting.

Comet fire bulbs work great, I use the star post version for non-star post mods too.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/fire-bulbs?_pos=1&_sid=5f86858f0&_ss=r

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/star-post-lights?_pos=2&_sid=5f86858f0&_ss=r&variant=31455404359782

1 month later
    #517 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Did a progress update.

JFC that shoots GREAT!
    At what point are you going to contact Roger Sharpe so he can help get the license, and what company are you going to have produce it?

3 weeks later
    #561 3 years ago
    remarkable (resized).jpgremarkable (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #596 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Tried to get a translite glass cut at hardware store but they don’t do tempered.. rocking a $10 plexi sheet for now.

Any regular glass shop will cut what you need. Tell them it's for a pinball machine and you might get a cheaper price, people love talking about old pinballs they played. Mine would give me a free sheet every now and then.

3 weeks later
    #604 2 years ago

There's a bit in the movie at 37:50 where they're knee deep in rain water in the basement turning off the power and the breaker box sparks, that could be a mode where only flashers are on going crazy and flipper power fluctuating.

Also the dvd had a couple short promo bits in the extras that could play in attract mode...

#611 2 years ago

Those look great, as long as they flow with the lower cab decal you're good to go

#616 2 years ago

Another attract mode possibility, after the traditional home video copyright warning at the beginning of Fight Club (1999), another warning briefly flashes up - from Tyler Durden...
    C9raXAuW0AAuCuq (resized).jpgC9raXAuW0AAuCuq (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #635 2 years ago

hmmm...I like paper street lower cab (just flip/mirror the image, then flip words in the paper street sign), the others don't really thrill me.
    Hindsight 20/20 you could enlarge Brad and Ed to each fill a side of the head, and move soap bar/dish to fill each lower cab side.
    If you made those changes you could do this for the front...
    (I mirror imaged Ed so he's facing in)
    Adjust for leg/coindoor, plunger should go through Ed's head, white flashing bulb behind Brad's head/start button.
    EASY PEEZY
    fc front mockup (resized).jpgfc front mockup (resized).jpg

#639 2 years ago

copy/paste/skew/clone

paper street (resized).jpgpaper street (resized).jpg
    #662 2 years ago

I like the extended pan of The Narrator's apartment/soaphouse on the blu-ray menu gag...
    "Off the Street" LOL

#665 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Sized the cab art, and it's good so it's currently being printed. Unfortunately, they quoted me $175 per side. I never heard back from another place local on price, and it was 2" too long for Fedex to print.. so $350 it is.

JEEBUS!
    But I guess it was 10 years ago when I did my Rapid Fire/300 re-theme. I got all 7 vinyl pieces from Kinkos, and I remember being kinda shocked it was all for under $100, if it'd been $350 I wouldn't have done it. The translite I got somewhere else and it was almost as much as all the decals.
    game with poster (resized).jpggame with poster (resized).jpg

2 months later
    #717 2 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

ummmm[quoted image]

I think those are too pale to start with, you can see from just the flashlight pic they get pretty washed out.

5 months later
    #794 2 years ago

Looks great!
    I've lost track, do any of the buildings still sink into the playfield?

#798 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Damn! Hoping everyone had forgot!! Hahaha — so.. no..

LOL that's ok, just have the shaker go to '11' for that part.

1 month later
    #857 1 year ago

(kneels)
    Please, oh Fight Club Pinball Maker God, PLEASE make the display scores big enough to read from more than 3 feet away! (unlike stern)

And the translite looks great, I've forgotten, it's two layer 3D, right?

1 week later
    #892 1 year ago

The game is SUPPOSED to beat you up!

Try Brad Pitt's diet and workout routine for the film before you play the game at the next show.

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/brad-pitt-fight-club-workout/

Brad-Pitt-Fight-Club-Workout (1) (resized).jpgBrad-Pitt-Fight-Club-Workout (1) (resized).jpg
    7 months later
    #970 1 year ago

I haven't watched the movie in a while, but a lot of effort is being discussed about something that was 'hidden' in the film.
    I think the starbucks drink holder is a GREAT touch, and if anybody asks you can say 'just watch the movie', but doesn't a visible cup on the pf and modes seem too much?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miracleman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-first-rule-is-fight-club-homebrew-build?tu=miracleman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.