Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 699 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by LynnInDenver
  • Topic is favorited by 143 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

95031319-1610-4F45-8C83-5F4DA7335F3D (resized).jpeg
    A360AA3A-9AE2-445A-B61F-1B19E8790AF4 (resized).jpeg
    0C1D271F-7103-4EAE-A52A-DCE2D667C3B8 (resized).jpeg
    1BEEF1A7-8CFA-45D5-B225-F327C239C35B (resized).jpeg
    50B9C9C5-68C3-489A-9372-037434E5B820 (resized).jpeg
    E61F2C68-8945-498D-B431-CC7AA8DDDA62 (resized).jpeg
    54BBAB14-BBD7-4CDC-B65A-AFFCE7294674 (resized).jpeg
    F4515780-D4FD-45A6-BD9D-1F964CA5892F (resized).jpeg
    E1C51497-D163-42F1-8ACB-2C910F03AE1B (resized).jpeg
    D58CD907-4D46-4EFF-B303-706D4F86D885 (resized).jpeg
    D5707B67-DA47-4560-BC76-57F9310F0CCF (resized).jpeg
    44EBE7F5-C532-4226-BD10-10F0F73BB5D2 (resized).jpeg
    6187C862-E97F-429F-BFBF-F5F4905145B2 (resized).jpeg
    C608FA7E-0125-46E9-A4C9-DD2D4726CF3D (resized).jpeg
    C75B4922-CCED-4E44-9D48-62FBDEEA88AD (resized).jpeg
    EEC63940-ABC1-4254-B2C6-182CF1D9FE8E (resized).jpeg

There are 699 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
    #651 23 days ago

I like the three words in a straight even row. either pink looks good.

#652 23 days ago

Following….

#653 22 days ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

That’s very clever

How that working out for you?... being clever?

#654 22 days ago

You could stack the text, double lines smaller fonts? Heres some different ones. Anyone who likes fight club would also dig two words... “Trust Tyler”. Your doing great Sir.

08084229-AAD6-45DC-A0AD-C14F7AF7ED69 (resized).jpeg1A2F7F7A-C46E-4355-995F-0ECE1333EA28 (resized).jpeg93A3B54D-8056-4E3F-B751-8140648192D1 (resized).jpeg
    #655 21 days ago
    daily_gifdump-5-4.gif
    #656 21 days ago
    Quoted from Loganpinball:

You could stack the text, double lines smaller fonts? Heres some different ones. Anyone who likes fight club would also dig two words... “Trust Tyler”. Your doing great Sir.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

solid ideas my friend! I tried it out -- unfortunately that space on the door is just so long but skinny, it didn't look quite right. I've settled on 2 coin door versions and will print both, then decide in the last minute which way to go with it lol. Everything has been upscaled and is ready for a test print for sizing before sending off for vinyl prints.

The one thing left I can't figure out is that when I upscaled, it highly defined lines around things I cut out and put in other images (tyler & narrator for example). They just stand out too much and I Want to blur the outside edges a bit so they aren't so sharp. I have yet to figure out how to do this in inkscape.. seems like it should be a basic command or simple method. I dunno.. more research on that I guess.

Art's all a little rushed but I really want to get it on the cab so I can build out the cab a bit and have it semi-ready to drop in the whitewood playfield when that time comes hopefully next spring. Plan is to wrap up physical stuff on main playfield so I can move it over and then concentrate on the rest of the code and the lower play field.

#657 21 days ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

solid ideas my friend! I tried it out -- unfortunately that space on the door is just so long but skinny, it didn't look quite right. I've settled on 2 coin door versions and will print both, then decide in the last minute which way to go with it lol. Everything has been upscaled and is ready for a test print for sizing before sending off for vinyl prints.
    The one thing left I can't figure out is that when I upscaled, it highly defined lines around things I cut out and put in other images (tyler & narrator for example). They just stand out too much and I Want to blur the outside edges a bit so they aren't so sharp. I have yet to figure out how to do this in inkscape.. seems like it should be a basic command or simple method. I dunno.. more research on that I guess.
    Art's all a little rushed but I really want to get it on the cab so I can build out the cab a bit and have it semi-ready to drop in the whitewood playfield when that time comes hopefully next spring. Plan is to wrap up physical stuff on main playfield so I can move it over and then concentrate on the rest of the code and the lower play field.

Don’t rush the art. Your game is amazing its worth the effort and time. If you slap it together quicky it will bug you. I know with discovery! I had the side art perfect and halfassed the coindoor. Everytime I look at the machine I kick myself!

#658 21 days ago

Awsome bro! Where can I pre-order

#659 21 days ago

Don’t rush the art. Your game is amazing its worth the effort and time. If you slap it together quicky it will bug you. I know with discovery! I had the side art perfect and halfassed the coindoor. Everytime I look at the machine I kick myself!

Ha! Well, it’s half assed more in the sense that I don’t know what doing I think. I’m pretty happy with the cab art, but I’m sure if I paid someone they’d have cool ideas to throw at it that are out of my arena. The playfield art is going to be a much longer term project, given it’s what the player will be staring at. The thing about cab art - for me at least- is that my pins are all close together in a dark room so you really can’t see it at all.

Quoted from AMSNL:

Awsome bro! Where can I pre-order
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"9f678dbad0619bc9350623a48b6a2f6dc3831fa1-1626058061-1800"};
    //]]>

Ha! No pre-orders here, once their ready to build and the line is up and running we’ll take orders

#660 20 days ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:Good feedback, thanks!
    I don't think I'm going to make everyone happy though haha. I know the images are kinda dark - I can try and mess with saturation. I've tried lightening them some actually from where they were. Partially I have a limitation in available images as I'm using existing screencaps from the movie. On the other hand - I did want to go darker just becuase as mentioned, the film is generally kinda dark. But also for consideration is that the only place people are really going to see the art at all is at a show, for 3 days, once a year (assuming it comes multiple years). My game room is small, so games are close together.
    I'm not sold on the text.. option w/out it and lighter background and one with the in tyler we trust. Could be pink rather than gold.
    [quoted image]

Has to be pink. The artwork on the original poster/cover is pink. Can't wait to see the final product

#661 20 days ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Has to be pink. The artwork on the original poster/cover is pink. Can't wait to see the final product

Yeah I might have to get 3 options printed then, lol. I have a lot of pink going on - but for some reason that gold stands out to me .

#662 20 days ago

I like the extended pan of The Narrator's apartment/soaphouse on the blu-ray menu gag...
    "Off the Street" LOL

#663 17 days ago

yep, hope to possibly use that in IKEA mode.. we'll see. Mean time:

My fight club emblem didn't stick too long, so I was looking at welding bolt studs to the back which would also serve as a grounding point since I have 120v directly next to it.. local welding shop says it will mark the front side though, which I Wanted to keep clean. So I guess it's getting 2 holes and getting button rivets/barrel bolts instead.

I did get apply the head decals with minimal air bubbles, I barely printed them big enough but they just fit when cut down. Sized the cab art, and it's good so it's currently being printed. Unfortunately, they quoted me $175 per side. I never heard back from another place local on price, and it was 2" too long for Fedex to print.. so $350 it is. This thing just keeps adding up.
    IMG-2943 (resized).jpg

The coin door decal still needs some cleanup work and my test was slightly small, but it's close to being able to be printed and maybe I'll throw the head and cab together to see what it looks like before heading back to the playfield.
    IMG-2942 (resized).jpg

#665 17 days ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Sized the cab art, and it's good so it's currently being printed. Unfortunately, they quoted me $175 per side. I never heard back from another place local on price, and it was 2" too long for Fedex to print.. so $350 it is.

JEEBUS!
    But I guess it was 10 years ago when I did my Rapid Fire/300 re-theme. I got all 7 vinyl pieces from Kinkos, and I remember being kinda shocked it was all for under $100, if it'd been $350 I wouldn't have done it. The translite I got somewhere else and it was almost as much as all the decals.
    game with poster (resized).jpg

#666 17 days ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

yep, hope to possibly use that in IKEA mode.. we'll see. Mean time:
    My fight club emblem didn't stick too long, so I was looking at welding bolt studs to the back which would also serve as a grounding point since I have 120v directly next to it.. local welding shop says it will mark the front side though, which I Wanted to keep clean. So I guess it's getting 2 holes and getting button rivets/barrel bolts instead.
    I did get apply the head decals with minimal air bubbles, I barely printed them big enough but they just fit when cut down. Sized the cab art, and it's good so it's currently being printed. Unfortunately, they quoted me $175 per side. I never heard back from another place local on price, and it was 2" too long for Fedex to print.. so $350 it is. This thing just keeps adding up.
    [quoted image]
    The coin door decal still needs some cleanup work and my test was slightly small, but it's close to being able to be printed and maybe I'll throw the head and cab together to see what it looks like before heading back to the playfield.
    [quoted image]

badass buddy ! The offer for a free apprentice still stands lmao .Just have to clear it with the family

#667 16 days ago
    Quoted from miracleman:

JEEBUS!
    But I guess it was 10 years ago when I did my Rapid Fire/300 re-theme. I got all 7 vinyl pieces from Kinkos, and I remember being kinda shocked it was all for under $100, if it'd been $350 I wouldn't have done it. The translite I got somewhere else and it was almost as much as all the decals.
    [quoted image]

That retheme looks amazing, great work!! Printer caught me off guard as I had asked a pricing for both cab sides (2 prints), and they came back with "2 prints will be 175/print". I kinda missed the slash, although it was confusing either way.. and when I called and said "let's do it" expecting $175, he said "great, that's $350 total" and I was like uuughhhh say what? But at that point, I didn't want to shop around anymore and this printer is a 5min walk from my house.. Plus I've dumped so much damn money into things on this pin, it's just kinda "ah well" at this point lol

Quoted from Kkoss24:

badass buddy ! The offer for a free apprentice still stands lmao .Just have to clear it with the family

Thanks Man! Keeping it in mind

#668 16 days ago

Learned something new -- there is an epoxy with silver in it to electronically bond materials. It's crazy expensive, but I found a tiny packet on Amazon for a reasonable price so I'll try that before completely giving up on drilling holes in my final plaque. For now, I'll probably try the rivets and see how it looks.

#669 16 days ago

Amazing amazing amazing

#670 16 days ago

Got a full day in finally. Cab art is not done yet, but I decided to install lexan coverings to protect the art. Did the head so far. Cab is ready to assemble some things, once art is applied.
    CA3B4EF8-4BC1-4224-9D6E-51E29DB19EC6 (resized).jpeg
    6BB0A2FB-3822-483D-9345-16E51A685FFE (resized).jpeg

Talked to the metal shop about bending a custom apron

And did some little details.
    5FAFA524-B5E0-4D8A-8932-6A459F6618F8 (resized).jpeg

#671 15 days ago

Cab decals printed today and installed. Bit of a process - between the sanding and painting that was done, a final sanding, and then application.

I didn’t do the best job of sanding, so there’s a few defects that came thru on the decals but overall they came out decent.

6187C862-E97F-429F-BFBF-F5F4905145B2 (resized).jpegC608FA7E-0125-46E9-A4C9-DD2D4726CF3D (resized).jpegC75B4922-CCED-4E44-9D48-62FBDEEA88AD (resized).jpegEEC63940-ABC1-4254-B2C6-182CF1D9FE8E (resized).jpeg5C44C939-00B6-4A26-AD56-D0C1A85B4732 (resized).jpeg

#672 15 days ago

Looks good. Installed wet or dry?

#673 14 days ago

Looks good. Installed wet or dry?

Thanks! Dry install. These ones were more stretchy than I like but I had a good process down once I got to the second side. Last time I did this I got a lot of bubbles. This time nearly none.

#674 14 days ago

Big mile stone. Congratulations!

#675 14 days ago

Figuring out back box situation. Gotta adjust some models and do so printing.

44EBE7F5-C532-4226-BD10-10F0F73BB5D2 (resized).jpeg
    #676 12 days ago

Soliciting coin door art opinions. 2 options .. I think I have a desicion made but curious thoughts on it. You have to imagine the playfield is in with black mirror blades, so no pink will show in the cab, only on the head.

D5707B67-DA47-4560-BC76-57F9310F0CCF (resized).jpegD58CD907-4D46-4EFF-B303-706D4F86D885 (resized).jpeg
    #677 12 days ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Soliciting coin door art opinions. 2 options .. I think I have a desicion made but curious thoughts on it. You have to imagine the playfield is in with black mirror blades, so no pink will show in the cab, only on the head.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

My vote should be obvious! They both look great.

#678 12 days ago

My vote should be obvious! They both look great.

LOL - true! Thanks. I don't think I can go wrong either way.. but I want the best one.. once I install one I don't think it will be easy to change. I am a little worried about over-doing the pink.. it's really hard to keep remembering that you won't see any of the inside of the cab pink, so it *should* be pretty subtle. I do wish I could match the paint pink with the EL and speaker lights.. those ones come out much more pastel vs. a hotter pink with the paint.

Just placed a $100 order for tiny bolts, rivet nuts, and heat-set inserts. I'm like How the F can 6 line items of these tiny 4-10mm long bolts add up to that?!? And this is how this game will end up costing the same as a NIB Lebowski hahhaha

Things are cruising along right now.. I placed a ton of orders in the last few days for cab parts, duplicate boardset, a subwoofer, and an amp.. among other things. Should all be by next week but I'll be heading on vaca so they'll have to sit a bit before installation.

#679 12 days ago

I like the soap one better

#680 12 days ago

Pink. Fo show.

#681 12 days ago

Yep. The first one.

#682 12 days ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Pink M. M. S.

#683 12 days ago

Well I am seeing a trend thanks for the opinions! Makes it much easier to go ahead and apply the decal.

#685 11 days ago

Ok, pretty happy with that outcome words just barely fit in.

E1C51497-D163-42F1-8ACB-2C910F03AE1B (resized).jpegF4515780-D4FD-45A6-BD9D-1F964CA5892F (resized).jpeg
    #686 11 days ago

that looks really good!

love the fight button

#687 11 days ago

#688 11 days ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Ok, pretty happy with that outcome words just barely fit in.

Thats perfect. Looks great. And I agree that the fight button rules!

#689 11 days ago

LEDs in, translite test. Could be slightly brighter but no bright spots at all - this material kicks ass!

54BBAB14-BBD7-4CDC-B65A-AFFCE7294674 (resized).jpeg
    #690 5 days ago

Wiring coming along, speakers and amp hooked up and booming. Held up by waiting on parts coming in.

E61F2C68-8945-498D-B431-CC7AA8DDDA62 (resized).jpeg
    #691 5 days ago

This is really beautiful...I am really enjoy seeing your progress, and look forward to the day you post game play videos.

#692 5 days ago

Being Arizona Cardinal fans and playing in Seattle every year the wife wants to know if we can come over and play when we come for a game

#693 2 days ago
    Quoted from eheilner:

This is really beautiful...I am really enjoy seeing your progress, and look forward to the day you post game play videos.

Thanks! Not sure if you mean finished gameplay or just in general. I do have some gameplay up from earlier this year on YouTube. Finished gameplay will be like 2 years away though, ha!

Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Being Arizona Cardinal fans and playing in Seattle every year the wife wants to know if we can come over and play when we come for a game

For sure! Just let me know. Probably before the game best of course, cause if u beat us I’ll be in a sour mood lol

#694 2 days ago

Testing out the EL strips together the other night. Hopefully I’ll have a switch wired to shut off the back box El until the translite is pulled off, then they light up. Front Logo should stay always on, is the plan.
    A360AA3A-9AE2-445A-B61F-1B19E8790AF4 (resized).jpeg
    95031319-1610-4F45-8C83-5F4DA7335F3D (resized).jpeg

Modeled some coin reject buttons and replaced mine with customs ‘f’ ‘c’. Will have pink lighting from behind. Wish they made clear housings rather than yellow though.
    0C1D271F-7103-4EAE-A52A-DCE2D667C3B8 (resized).jpeg50B9C9C5-68C3-489A-9372-037434E5B820 (resized).jpeg1BEEF1A7-8CFA-45D5-B225-F327C239C35B (resized).jpeg

#695 2 days ago

Watching your YouTube videos now. That upper flipper shot looks like pure joy! Subscribed.

#696 2 days ago

Mannnnn I need this pin in my lineup! Looks sweet bravo can’t wait to see it play again

#697 2 days ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

Mannnnn I need this pin in my lineup! Looks sweet bravo can’t wait to see it play again

Thanks! I’d really like to get another vid up — just haven’t even played it in months while I work on wrapping up the cab as much as possible.. which is close.

#698 2 days ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Modeled some coin reject buttons and replaced mine with customs ‘f’ ‘c’. Will have pink lighting from behind. Wish they made clear housings rather than yellow though.

Always print 100% infill when printing clear.

#699 2 days ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

We have a coin door on our virtual pinball that has the yellow/straw colored inserts, and I don't have much issue with it recoloring the LEDs I've used with it.

That said, pink is kind of a tough lighting color anyway.

There are 699 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside