Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by IndianaPwns
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Today, I become a man. At 6:15 PM Eastern my three month journey will come to an end. I am picking up my first pin: an absolutely beautiful CQ IJ.

Wish me luck. I have to carry the thing up two flights of narrow apartment stairs.

I'll post pictures and give you some backstory as soon as I am able.

Oh, and a HUGE thank you to all the generous and kind Pinsiders (especially in the central NC area) who have followed, messaged, and guided this pinball newbie to "fortune and glory".

#2 7 years ago

Good luck with the stairs! I got mine on Saturday and only had to deal with one flight. That thing is HEAVY.

Some advice

Go slow
Strap the backbox to the cab
Bring some blankets to cover the edges of the cab, especially those that will be close to stairs/walls.
Either take out the back glass or put a blanket between it and the cab. The bulbs can scrape the glass.
Eat your wheaties (seriously, the damn thing weighs a ton.)
Don't forget to remove the pinballs.
Go slow.

Good luck and post pics!

#3 7 years ago

awesome! Good luck getting it up!

#4 7 years ago

Congrats and good luck. I love mine - doing a mini shop job on it now.

#5 7 years ago

You got a nice one, that's for sure.

#6 7 years ago

2 people and a dolly, strap it to a dolly if possible. Congrats, IJ is a great game!!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

2 people and a dolly, strap it to a dolly if possible. Congrats, IJ is a great game!!

I've got six of my strongest friends, a 1995 green suburban, and a case of beer.

Think that'll do?

#8 7 years ago

A case of beer for 6 friends?? You need at least a flat, and a couple spliffs too

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

I've got six of my strongest friends,
Think that'll do?

Remember your friends are just tools that can be replaced by simple machines.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

A case of beer for 6 friends?? You need at least a flat, and a couple spliffs too

each

#11 7 years ago

Have Fun w/ it bro , Here's a video i took 20 mile's from the White House where Yr IJ came from.. A Doctor with Alot of HEP Clear coated Pin's..

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

Pin_Crazed said:

I've got six of my strongest friends, a 1995 green suburban, and a case of beer.

Think that'll do?

Sounds like you are ready Post pics!

#13 7 years ago

Congrats on the IJ. Can't wait for pics.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Sounds good!! Beer,spliffs, and pinball. Nothing better then that!

#15 7 years ago

I found a fingerprint on it last night. Don't worry, I took care of it. See ya this afternoon.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from shanetastic:

I found a fingerprint on it last night. Don't worry, I took care of it. See ya this afternoon.

I love this man...lol

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Have Fun w/ it bro , Here's a video i took 20 mile's from the White House where Yr IJ came from.. A Doctor with Alot of HEP Clear coated Pin's..
» YouTube video

Wow. Incredible game...basement.

I would kill for one of those electric dollies today...

#18 7 years ago

Yup, that suckah gets heavy when carrying up the stairs, believe me, I thought I was going to die moving my IJ up a flight of stairs. Nothing like 350# at head level going up a steep incline. You know at that moment, staring at the butt of the machine, if you slip, yer going to be hurt.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

» YouTube video

Is it a HEP restored machine?

I know Shanetastic did a pretty large (and fantastic I might add) amount of work on it.

He should go into the biz. It's absolutely immaculate.

#20 7 years ago

congrats! I'm about a month into owning mine and couldn't be happier! As far as getting up the stairs, good luck!

#21 7 years ago

Nice pickup congrats.. I have been loving my IJ since I got the mode start working from all the tips here from pinsiders... I just completed the mine cart ride last night what a ride lol... Make sure your mode start has been adjusted so the shot does'nt bounce out and your going to have a blast... I hope they make the color dmd mod for this game!

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Wise_Guy:

... Make sure your mode start has been adjusted so the shot does'nt bounce out and your going to have a blast...

It is. It almost always sticks in there now.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Wise_Guy:

I hope they make the color dmd mod for this game!

I bet they will.

#24 7 years ago

this is great news! Can't wait for the waves of questions you will have about this game.
I love the hell out of this game!

#25 7 years ago

Congrats enjoy!!

#26 7 years ago

nice 1st pin, you'll love it. shanetastic do anything special so ball doesn't bounce out of mode start?

#27 7 years ago

Can't wait to hear what the people in the apartment under you think of your new pin

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from justonemore:

shanetastic do anything special so ball doesn't bounce out of mode start?

I lowered the cup slightly by inserting two washers between the cup and the bottom of the playfield at each of the 4 screws. I also adjusted the angle of the metal bracket behind the cup on the playfield until the ball almost always sticks. I put some thin padding on this bracket, too. Think I got that padding from marco.

Lots of trial and error, but this worked pretty good on this machine.

#29 7 years ago

Really happy for you!

#30 7 years ago

Congrats!! Make room..

#31 7 years ago

I can't believe how many times this pin, in what I've seen on here, has changed hands. You guys are crazy! I would never sell mine, IJ is a very deep machine.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I can't believe how many times this pin, in what I've seen on here, has changed hands. You guys are crazy! I would never sell mine, IJ is a very deep machine.

Agreed!
IJ was my 2nd pin and I seem to play it more than any other in my lineup. Just a ton of fun!
I'd never let mine go... in fact, it's getting a massive shop, new brass trim and cc in a couple of months.
Congrats on a great score.

#33 7 years ago

So where's an update? Did it make it up the stairs unscathed? Is he in an arthritic coma from playing non stop? We need a conclusion to this quest!

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from justonemore:

nice 1st pin, you'll love it. shanetastic do anything special so ball doesn't bounce out of mode start?

I had tried everything to fix mine, including everything Shane outlined. The only good fix for me was to oblong the holes on the strike plate so that it moved back farther from the saucer, then it hit %95 of the time.

#35 7 years ago

I envision him vanishing from society. Late into the night neighbors see flashing lights through his windows. Some call, email, visit, but he does not answer. Then one day, perhaps months later, he emerges from his front door, wearing a filthy bathrobe, a scraggly beard, and completely emaciated. "Eternal life multiball is mine," he mutters, before collapsing from exhaustion.

#36 7 years ago

He must be out buying a fedora and bullwhip right now

#37 7 years ago

as long as he wasn't crushed under a rolling boulder (aka machine on the stair well)

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

He must be out buying a fedora and bullwhip right now

Have had them for years. I have been an Indiana Jones fan since 8. I'll be on set for the next while. Once I'm back in town - I'm going to write something beautiful. Expect some pictures too.

Oh, and Erik...

I can't tell you how probable that story may be.

1 week later
#39 7 years ago

Once I get the internet set up in my new apt. - pictures will come ASAP!

#40 7 years ago

Congratulations on your first pin. Great machine too, I'm jealous.

#41 7 years ago

I checked out an IJ about a week ago, hopefully, he still wants to sell it. Can't wait for pics.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside