Topic Stats

• 562 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Firepower II replacements: plastics, back glasses, hard tops and playfields are not available. It would be helpful to have an idea how many owners would commit to purchasing the following. It would likely be a "limited edition" approach. see post #157”

• Plastics 35 votes
    34%
  • Back Glass 22 votes
    21%
  • Hard Top 23 votes
    22%
  • Playfield 23 votes
    22%

(Multiple choice - 103 votes by 55 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

processed-3B2A9A7E-0CC2-454A-8F2B-28B6D7DC2D02 (resized).jpeg
sling protectors with white (resized).JPG
sling protectors with blue (resized).JPG
IMG_2960 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2752 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2923 (resized).jpeg
FP2PSHT (resized).png
5F787E94-DDDF-4FDF-A028-B4EBC3DDAA9F (resized).png
PXL_20230126_210105165 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230126_210520964.MP (resized).jpg
20230218_163027 (resized).jpg
20230218_155352 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swillie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

My best 3-ball game to date!

IMG_2926 (resized).JPGIMG_2926 (resized).JPG
#4 4 years ago

A previous owner did this amazing touchup work on it!!! Lmfao I think the cracks look pretty cool, at least it is original. Cool white LEDs behind the glass.

IMG_6982 (resized).JPGIMG_6982 (resized).JPG
#6 4 years ago

Actually looking at that picture there are white red and blue LEDs back there. Previous owner installed them throughout...I would of left it original but it does make this players pin look better I think.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

Now that we have our own thread, can someone please make some reproduction plastics!?!?

This is a much needed set of plastics. Took me 1 1/2 years to find a used set to replace the many broken pieces I had.

Now hodgesm0 can you post a picture of you're playfield in it's current state of missing one plasticness??

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

Probably the worst looking playfield out there, but got the game dirt cheap, and it’s still a great playing game.[quoted image][quoted image]

Well hey, you don't play the artwork right? If they ever made a hardtop for this one I guess that would be an insta buy for you. So you love the game and your never selling it?

IMG_7006 (resized).JPGIMG_7006 (resized).JPGIMG_7007 (resized).JPGIMG_7007 (resized).JPG
#24 4 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

This one is going to stay in my collection for a while.
Are you looking to sell that piece?

It was part of the set I found but mine was not broken. Has a small crack at one of the mounting holes and some scratches but it is complete. Could keep hoarding it just in case mine breaks but I don't think that is going to happen and you don't even have one. PM me your address and I will send it your way.

1 week later
#39 4 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

Plastic set finally complete![quoted image]

Great to see! That plastic is living the dream now

Actually kind of like the look of post apocalyptic destruction of your playfield, like the surface of an enemy base after it has been destroyed by those ships.

#40 4 years ago

So if anyone is interested in adding a speech board with Firepower roms to their Firepower II it really is a fairly affordable mod. The game doesn't use all of the speech that the original did, but it's pretty neat anyway. The board w/ roms and ribbon cable is only $60 and available here...

http://pinballpcb.com/products/replacement-system-6-7-9-speech-board/

You do need to make sure your sound board has the connector for the ribbon cable though or you cannot add the speech board.

Not affiliated with this company in anyway, this is what I added to mine and it worked out great once I figured out the jumper settings.

#45 4 years ago

Two

3 months later
#68 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Also, I'm one plastic shy of having a full set. 31-521-13 is the plastic that I need (Below/behind the curve on the exit side of the ramp). Once my set is complete, I'm going to try to get them scanned. Would love some help finding this, any leads would be appreciated.

You know I don't even know if my game has that plastic at all off hand, I will check after work. If it does, there is a small chance I have another one that is broken and I swapped out...or one that is complete even. Don't get your hopes up, but I am just saying maybe...

#69 4 years ago

Well nope I don't even have that plastic for craps sake!! Lol here I thought my set was complete all this time, lol. I actually have had a few times that the ball has been stuck between the wire rail and that rubber ring that the plastic covers.

If someone has a good picture of it I will use a broken piece to cut a temporary permanent replacement. Mindblow.

#71 4 years ago

I have broken plastic with the black starry night background and am going to try to fabricate a piece based off this picture...

IMG_7959 (resized).PNGIMG_7959 (resized).PNG
2 weeks later
#74 4 years ago

I put a colorchanging comet led under the blackout cup in Blackout. It has an opaque white base so it lights up nicely. For FPII you would either have to put the led up above behind the cup, or maybe the black plastic cup floor can be replaced with a white one. I might like to do that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackout-club-fans-welcome/page/7#post-4283137

Have not had time to make that plastic due to a recent death in the family. Actually forgot about it all together, thanks for reminding me. Have the weekend off so it’s now on my to do list.

#75 4 years ago

Scaled the picture for a template. These broken pieces both have a curve in them...I can make a piece with either that will fit, but will not be the exact profile because of the curve. The longer one I could get the exact shape but would have an extra hole in the middle and wrong numbers on it. Better than nothing though. I have a couple longer pieces but I hate to chop an unbroken piece so I will make due with these.

15AAF2C1-3BDF-42A0-BED1-F7686582FEB5 (resized).jpeg15AAF2C1-3BDF-42A0-BED1-F7686582FEB5 (resized).jpeg
#76 4 years ago

Well I am no great fabricator but am pretty damn happy with how this turned out...

303D05E1-9992-4F1E-BACB-2647F7786B27 (resized).jpeg303D05E1-9992-4F1E-BACB-2647F7786B27 (resized).jpeg1CFC7129-F82A-4035-A322-4F72B62165AD (resized).jpeg1CFC7129-F82A-4035-A322-4F72B62165AD (resized).jpeg6364A54A-F233-484A-A44C-D60CD19C925B (resized).jpeg6364A54A-F233-484A-A44C-D60CD19C925B (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#90 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballer247:

Great game! I’ve had my FP2 for a year and the best I’ve scored is 3,100,000. I was just happy to finally get rid of the factory
high score lol

I was just in the zone that game, I have not even approached your best score since.

5 months later
#176 3 years ago

It does?? I am only thinking it holds one that I ever noticed.

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

....inlane rolls only, one notch Before end of the flipper....catch Then flip won’t do it...I’ve tried,! believe me.

Hmm...I can catch the ball on the right flipper and send it thru the ramp with an accurate shot.

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

My coils must be weak...how do you lite xtra ball?

Complete the 9 F I R E P O W E R targets three times.

1 year later
#449 2 years ago

Playfield looks nice. The ramp has 2 switches entrance and exit gate on the right. Both need to be triggered to score, half ramp shots don’t count so if you haven’t check clean adjust that exit switch.

The top bumper caps on mine are mounted turned 45 degrees but have the W in the center straight, looks like you have 4 bottom caps.

That’s all I got for you for now, great game good luck fixing it up.

Quoted from wswinehart:

I have many things I need to do to my Firepower II machine, and I am a novice with machines, but handy overall. I'm looking for advice as there isn't anyone experienced in my area that I can hire and learn from. The machine currently functions, but the following items need attention:
- 2 Target switches need fixed (see photos)... the release target and one of the main firepower targets. they work, but the plastic is damaged. Is it easier to grind the rivot and replace the plastic or just replace the entire switch? if replacement, what is the correct release switch? I purchased a switch from Marco, but the configuration looks different to me.
- the left ramp in roll under doesn't seem to be working. I don't get a score or extra ball when executed. the leaf seems to be touching correctly on the switch, so I'm assuming something else, but don't know how to start tracing the issue.
- B rollover isn't working, again, the leaf seems to be contacting as should, but it doesn't register.
- bumper caps are turned on two of them. they work fine, but i can't stand that they aren't facing the right way. I'm assuming there were issues with stripping out on the wood, but does it make sense to mess with them or not worth the hassle?
- Someone replaced the speaker with a horrible replacement. Is there a williams speaker cover available anywhere? I have looked where I know to look, but no luck.
Many more questions, but want to tackle these first. I appreciate helpful responses, please be kind, I am aware that I don't know what I'm doing, but I want to learn! Thanks in advance everyone!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

3 weeks later
#454 2 years ago

1 month later
#463 2 years ago
Quoted from drConti:

Hi,
Like I wrote, here my firepower 2 restored. Need to do:
- Find speech board or make myself

Does your sound board have the ribbon cable connector? I might be factually inaccurate here but to my knowledge some of if not all of the system 7 sound boards do not have the connection on them for the small ribbon cable to connect to the speech board. You either need a system 6 sound board, or in my case I had a new aftermarket 6/7 sound board which had the needed connector or whatever you call it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Tools
Pincoder Store

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swillie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-ii-loungemembers-and-fans-?tu=swillie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.