Topic Stats

• 562 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Firepower II replacements: plastics, back glasses, hard tops and playfields are not available. It would be helpful to have an idea how many owners would commit to purchasing the following. It would likely be a "limited edition" approach. see post #157”

• Plastics 35 votes
    34%
  • Back Glass 22 votes
    21%
  • Hard Top 23 votes
    22%
  • Playfield 23 votes
    22%

(Multiple choice - 103 votes by 55 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

processed-3B2A9A7E-0CC2-454A-8F2B-28B6D7DC2D02 (resized).jpeg
sling protectors with white (resized).JPG
sling protectors with blue (resized).JPG
IMG_2960 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2752 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2923 (resized).jpeg
FP2PSHT (resized).png
5F787E94-DDDF-4FDF-A028-B4EBC3DDAA9F (resized).png
PXL_20230126_210105165 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230126_210520964.MP (resized).jpg
20230218_163027 (resized).jpg
20230218_155352 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stumptown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 4 years ago

Anyone know if repro playfields are in the cards for this title? It seems like 90% of them out there have totally roached PFs. I know I'd pick one up to swap mine in a second if they were available, it's one of my favorite tables.

1 year later
#197 3 years ago

Clever use of what's already there to work with. Nice job, thanks for writing it all up and sharing.

1 month later
#226 3 years ago

Honestly FP2 not having speech is part of why I like it better than original FP

4 weeks later
#293 3 years ago

A full repro playfield would be an instant purchase for me. Hardtops I'm less excited about but still likely would buy if a full PF repro wasn't on the horizon.

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I agree...a playfield would be the preference but likely out of the price range...you do the playfield swap and you'll be underwater forever. I mean you can buy a FP2 project for under $1000...if the playfield ends up costing what they cost...nobody would ever buy it from you when you're done.
I'm not a flipper and kinda hate that mentality BUT you also need to be realistic about the marketplace because people tire of games sooner or later and they want to upgrade their lineups.
Having said that, I think that FP2 could be a future rarity. There aren't many left.

I think there's some additional value in the game playing perfectly, over the typical FP2 that is blown out and has messed up inserts. There are some games where it's easy enough to find a good condition original, but FP2 seems to have comparatively few clean examples available. For someone who wants the game, and wants one that plays well, a repro playfield installed competently is a selling point. You might not get your full money back but it's not throwing it away either.

Can also take a basket case or parts machine into being a viable project, as we saw with a lot of roached F-14s being brought back to life when the repro playfields became available.

2 years later
#523 10 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Call me mad but I do not care for any speech in Xenon or in either version of Firepower. Now in Gorgar, it works VERY well. Space shuttle and Sorcerer, I think it works well too. With Firepower I kind of ask myself "why is it talking". Seems thrown in there.

Agree, it's one of the reasons I prefer FPII over the original.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stumptown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-ii-loungemembers-and-fans-?tu=stumptown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.