Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by ss-pinball
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Firepower II replacements: plastics, back glasses, hard tops and playfields are not available. It would be helpful to have an idea how many owners would commit to purchasing the following. It would likely be a "limited edition" approach. see post #157”

• Plastics 8 votes
    47%
  • Back Glass 3 votes
    18%
  • Hard Top 3 votes
    18%
  • Playfield 3 votes
    18%

(Multiple choice - 17 votes by 10 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 49 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7426CB5C-FCA8-4A92-A2C5-0CEE456BDB85 (resized).jpeg
D1916574-BAFE-4F4E-BCDF-2D40E9A766ED (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 5.14.16 AM (resized).png
782F5664-4792-4111-B076-C30F754DD087 (resized).jpeg
8BC8BA8D-F32E-473F-A654-619EBBC5BDB2 (resized).jpeg
D4399E6F-459E-4A60-885E-6FA8C189F02F (resized).png
3CA058B9-7BD6-41F3-9343-8B84E9FC0D15 (resized).jpeg
15908600281715145835728028979734 (resized).jpg
1590859940845786574976125183926 (resized).jpg
15908598818061790714731382604366 (resized).jpg
15908598618178702005189763989630 (resized).jpg
566F881B-F911-46E9-895B-C56D3F157472 (resized).jpeg
244D9AC9-531E-45D6-A211-47DC9F4B5D44 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 63 days ago
Quoted from topkat:

Grand lizard had 2750 Made
Fp deuce 3400
Seems like it’s possible to have a Htop made for it if looking at production numbers as a basis. Not to mention majority of fp2 playfields looks like ass.
(And nothing agains the lizard)

Grand Lizard gets more love. FP2 is thought of--quite unfairly--as a donor pin.
You'd think that it would work out somehow but I think it will be a while.
I've been trying to find a 31-521-13 to complete my plastics...so then I could scan them so that some outfit somewhere might be able to make them at some point in the future.

I can't find one. Without a full set scanned the project goes nowhere.
Without replacement plastics available, nobody is going to buy a hard top...they will either play the hell out of it to bare wood or they will pirate the boards out of it for a Black Knight.

I mean you'd think that the first Firepower gets enough love that some would spill over to this one.

#152 63 days ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I've been trying to find a 31-521-13 to complete my plastics..

Here's the scan I used to make a replacement 31-521-13 for my FP2. Not original, as it doesn't include the part number, but hey, worked for me. Do you want one made?

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 5.14.16 AM (resized).png
#153 63 days ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Here's the scan I used to make a replacement 31-521-13 for my FP2. Not original, as it doesn't include the part number, but hey, worked for me. Do you want one made?[quoted image]

the fact that mine is chipped, coupled with the fact that it is largely hidden from view doesn't really bother me. It is mostly there.
Sadly, I'm probably going to leave the club sometime soon as I simply don't have the room for all of my current pins.
There are three guys who have an interest in it.
FP2 really comes into its own when there are a few other pinball machines. The shots are different, game play is different.
Solid, solid title and I'll always love it because it was my first pin and my first resurrection from the dead.

I'd still like to get the plastics scanned (there's a bunch of drama surrounding this going back a while).
I could wait six months to sell it while the scanning process is happening and would...but I'm nowhere close to finding an original.
It has been made very clear that only a full, original set is going to cut the mustard.
Also, it can't be discussed publicly due to the fact that licensing rights haven't even been requested--because they don't have scans.
I'm likely to get a PM from a total dickhead scolding me about this message.
I'd like to do a solid for the title and the community, but it is about to not be my problem anymore.

#154 63 days ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

the fact that mine is chipped, coupled with the fact that it is largely hidden from view doesn't really bother me. It is mostly there.
Sadly, I'm probably going to leave the club sometime soon as I simply don't have the room for all of my current pins.
There are three guys who have an interest in it.
FP2 really comes into its own when there are a few other pinball machines. The shots are different, game play is different.
Solid, solid title and I'll always love it because it was my first pin and my first resurrection from the dead.
I'd still like to get the plastics scanned (there's a bunch of drama surrounding this going back a while).
I could wait six months to sell it while the scanning process is happening and would...but I'm nowhere close to finding an original.
It has been made very clear that only a full, original set is going to cut the mustard.
Also, it can't be discussed publicly due to the fact that licensing rights haven't even been requested--because they don't have scans.
I'm likely to get a PM from a total dickhead scolding me about this message.
I'd like to do a solid for the title and the community, but it is about to not be my problem anymore.

I understand.

When I picked up my FP2 a while back is had 4 broken plastics. One was the one you asked about. I agree, it is mostly hidden, but I couldn't put it all back together with anything broken, so made a new one of those in addition to the others that were broken. So now all my plastics look new again.

It is a fun game. I plan on keeping mine. Good luck with having a vendor create a complete new set.

#155 63 days ago
Quoted from topkat:

We just need a hardtop!

2nd that.

#156 63 days ago
Quoted from JethroP:

I understand.
When I picked up my FP2 a while back is had 4 broken plastics. One was the one you asked about. I agree, it is mostly hidden, but I couldn't put it all back together with anything broken, so made a new one of those in addition to the others that were broken. So now all my plastics look new again.
It is a fun game. I plan on keeping mine. Good luck with having a vendor create a complete new set.

If I could find that plastic I would do it. I tried to contact EVERYONE with a FP2 listed for sale...explained the situation...offered cash PLUS my flawed one if they would just send me theirs...mostly I got no response. Some folks were offended that I wouldn't buy their entire machine just to get the plastic that I need to do this...what possible difference could it make if you are selling a project? From a certain point of view, the seller would have been doing the buyer a favor if he was intent on fixing it up and not just using it as a donor machine. (And if he was going to use it as a donor, WHO CARES?)

#157 61 days ago

Take the poll at the top of the club page regarding replacement PLASTICS< BACK GLASSES and maybe a HARD TOP

Many of us have incomplete sets of plastics, flawed back glasses and blown out playfields.

There is little interest in having these items commercially available.

If we want to get replacements we need to source the artwork scans from among ourselves, pay for it to be "cleaned up" and prepared and commit and pay for the plastics and backglasses and hard tops ahead of time.

If we are able to find a shop to do this for us, it would likely be a "strictly limited edition"...that is, they would make only the number of items that are ordered ahead of time and then no subsequent ordering would be available. I hate to be the "limited time only and never again" but that seems like what we are looking at.

I do not have pricing. The statement that I got was from a single shop (and I would want to approach as many as possible who are capable of doing this) was "we need to look at the art before we quote"...my guess is that it would be more expensive than your typical set of plastics or hard top, simply to try to make it worth someone's while to do since we probably aren't talking about many more than 10 hard tops, 20 glasses and 30 sets of plastics (And that I think would be optimistic). I suspect that pricing at a minimum would be like AT LEAST 20-30% over what average replacements cost...likely much more....there really isn't any way to know until the art happens--from what I understand. I'm just trying to set expectations that the cost will not be low. (I'm not getting anything out of this, so don't yell at me, I'm just trying to put it together...if you have friends who can do it, feel free to make your inquiries and take over the process).

So, I'm asking if you want a set of plastics and I can't tell you how much they would be
I'm asking the same thing about a backglass and possibly a hard top.

My assumption would be that we are talking about the same limitations and issues that can come up: dark grey instead of mirroring on the backglasses, perhaps colors that differ from the originals due to age, yellowing and fading, etc.

I want to be as transparent as possible but understand that licensing can be a problem under certain circumstances....we might get so far and not get the necessary permissions. I don't know how it works as I've only gotten info from busy folks who are light on details.
Ask questions. Preferably here, where anyone can see them.

#158 61 days ago

If you have a suggestion about who to approach to do these items, send me a PM.

#159 61 days ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

If you have a suggestion about who to approach to do these items, send me a PM.

Did CPR ever start their "one off" model of business for the plastics? I have a few broken plastics, plenty of wear on my pf and my backglass is missing completely.

#160 61 days ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Did CPR ever start their "one off" model of business for the plastics? I have a few broken plastics, plenty of wear on my pf and my backglass is missing completely.

As I understand it they have a "custom shop" for things like one-offs and re-themes.
Not sure how busy they are and I'm not sure how the licensing issue would work there for an established (copyrighted) title.
It probably makes TONS of sense to discuss who we approach to do our "limited edition" via PM.
About a year ago I was "taken to the woodshed" by a person associated with a prominent shop that does this kind of work.
I was told in no uncertain terms that permissions need to be gotten in advance of any kind of public discussion about "so and so will do this."
It was further suggested that permissions would not be forthcoming if things were discussed publicly.
(This makes ZERO sense to me--how are you going to get people to order if you can't talk about it?)
(If you search the phrase "super secret world of 35 year old pinball machines" in this group you will see the original post).

I have a second backglass...it would need extensive touch up.
I'm expecting a Meteor backglass from another pinsider in the next week or two, so PM me if you want to discuss this...
I'll have appropriate packaging and shipping materials soon.

I do intend to ask about making a translite or backglass for this title...like any of this, I'm not sure it will go anywhere, but I'm willing to try.

2 weeks later
#161 43 days ago

Thanks metal-mods

7426CB5C-FCA8-4A92-A2C5-0CEE456BDB85 (resized).jpegD1916574-BAFE-4F4E-BCDF-2D40E9A766ED (resized).jpeg
#162 43 days ago

There's a whole lot of no response going on about getting anything re-made for this title.

#163 43 days ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

There's a whole lot of no response going on about getting anything re-made for this title.

...you sure right about that...

#165 42 days ago

If anyone has a spare speaker panel and/or back board to sell, I'm interested.

1 week later
#166 35 days ago

Just joined the club! Could someone send me a picture of the switch actuator area under playfield related to the gate entrance to ramp? (the switch is there as is the gate, but the wire connecting them appears to be gone...bonus if someone knows where I could order one or what that's called). Also trying to locate the stand up that starts the multiball. the switch is there but missing the plastic face (also looking for replacement circle stand up for one of firepower letter targets)

1 week later
#167 29 days ago

I anyone gets a chance, could you tell me what the measurements of the backbox insert panel are? Thanks.

2 weeks later
#168 13 days ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I anyone gets a chance, could you tell me what the measurements of the backbox insert panel are? Thanks.

28.5" x 8.5" (Assuming you mean the panel with the speakers)

#169 13 days ago

Had a buddy organize for me a full set of plastics for FP2. From overseas, and with Covid, it took nearly 5 months. Needless to say, ive since sold my FP2 and now have those plastics.
I'm willing to part with them, so if anyone's interested, PM me.

#170 13 days ago
Quoted from matirwin:

28.5" x 8.5" (Assuming you mean the panel with the speakers)

Thanks matirwin. I was actually looking for the panel that the displays and lights are mounted on. Somebody got me those measurements already though.

1 week later
#171 2 days ago

There are 139 "registered" Firepower II owners on pinside...yes, there are more examples of the game out there waiting to be found. Not everyone has registered their FP2...I get it.

Interestingly, another pin I have, Nine Ball, has only 110 registered...it is considered "rare" or is sought after and at least hard to find. (And again, I get that not all of them are found or registered or even ON pinside....)

The question: could Firepower II be a "sleeper"...a sort of "future rare pin"?

What do you guys think?
What are the chances that Steve Ritchie (maker of the first Firepower but not FP2) makes Firepower 3?
Would that juice demand for our pin?

#172 2 days ago

I mean, people part out this title like crazy...use the boards for Black Knight projects...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7.90
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside