Topic Stats

• 562 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Firepower II replacements: plastics, back glasses, hard tops and playfields are not available. It would be helpful to have an idea how many owners would commit to purchasing the following. It would likely be a "limited edition" approach. see post #157”

• Plastics 35 votes
    34%
  • Back Glass 22 votes
    21%
  • Hard Top 23 votes
    22%
  • Playfield 23 votes
    22%

(Multiple choice - 103 votes by 55 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

processed-3B2A9A7E-0CC2-454A-8F2B-28B6D7DC2D02 (resized).jpeg
sling protectors with white (resized).JPG
sling protectors with blue (resized).JPG
IMG_2960 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2752 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2923 (resized).jpeg
FP2PSHT (resized).png
5F787E94-DDDF-4FDF-A028-B4EBC3DDAA9F (resized).png
PXL_20230126_210105165 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230126_210520964.MP (resized).jpg
20230218_163027 (resized).jpg
20230218_155352 (resized).jpg
There are 562 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.
#51 4 years ago

Anyone know the name or part number for that little red tube diffuser that goes over the bulb under the ramp return, near the shooter lane?

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Anyone know the name or part number for that little red tube diffuser that goes over the bulb under the ramp return, near the shooter lane?

Can you post a pic of what you have. I don't have a diffuser on my FP2...wondering if you have a mod there.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Is it like these?

http://www.pbresource.com/lampcov/gtb-24410.jpg

If so I may have one. Mike

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Is it like these?

Yes! Thanks so much. Mine is really faded, those look nice & bright red.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Can you post a pic of what you have. I don't have a diffuser on my FP2...wondering if you have a mod there.

Pretty sure it's factory:
FP2.jpegFP2.jpeg

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Pretty sure it's factory:
[quoted image]

I'm pretty sure I have those I'll check tonight.

#57 4 years ago

I have three sockets that need to be replaced and that is one of them.
I was thinking that I would just put a color changer in there.
This diffuser is a pretty cool idea.

Are these the same parts that Pinball Life (or was it Comet Pinball?) refers to as "condoms"?

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I have three sockets that need to be replaced and that is one of them.
I was thinking that I would just put a color changer in there.
This diffuser is a pretty cool idea.
Are these the same parts that Pinball Life (or was it Comet Pinball?) refers to as "condoms"?

No they are not. the "condom " is a silicone cap put directly on the bulb. These are plastic sleeves that actually slide down around the socket.

1 month later
#59 4 years ago

I just linked Firepower II to the Official Hardtops page...

If we start to ask, maybe someday they will produce a hardtop.

Let's go make our voices known.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread/page/20#post-5263146

2 weeks later
#60 4 years ago

I recently joined the club. My playfield is pretty beat as well. This one will need some help as it is hacked up a bit too. Someone actually put a gum wrapper on a fuse and scorched the board. MPU and Driver boards look really good though. Hoping to get it set up in the next couple days to see if it boots.

20191101_185207 (resized).jpg20191101_185207 (resized).jpg20191101_185231 (resized).jpg20191101_185231 (resized).jpg20191101_190449 (resized).jpg20191101_190449 (resized).jpg20191101_190454 (resized).jpg20191101_190454 (resized).jpg
#61 4 years ago

Looking for 2 nice pop caps. Thanks, Mike

#62 4 years ago

Any chance someone has a scan of the BG to print a translight from? My latest pickups both need BG's and I am looking for something to hold me over till I buy them. Thanks

#63 4 years ago

Can someone post a pic of the trough switches, please? Mine is missing a switch and the wiring is wonky. Trying to put it back to normal and get it working. Thanks.

20191110_113820 (resized).jpg20191110_113820 (resized).jpg20191110_113828 (resized).jpg20191110_113828 (resized).jpg
#64 4 years ago

Is anyone still in this club?

#65 4 years ago

I’m here, I’ll try to get a photo of my trough switches tomorrow, my backglass is pretty roasted too

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

I’m here, I’ll try to get a photo of my trough switches tomorrow, my backglass is pretty roasted too

Thanks!

#67 4 years ago

I linked Firepower II to the Official Hardtops page.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread

I've sent them a request to add it to their voting list at the top of the page, citing that it would be pretty cool for people to have the original and FP2 with hardtops and looking great.

I would encourage you to send them a note asking about a FP2 hardtop.

Also, I'm one plastic shy of having a full set. 31-521-13 is the plastic that I need (Below/behind the curve on the exit side of the ramp). Once my set is complete, I'm going to try to get them scanned. Would love some help finding this, any leads would be appreciated.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Also, I'm one plastic shy of having a full set. 31-521-13 is the plastic that I need (Below/behind the curve on the exit side of the ramp). Once my set is complete, I'm going to try to get them scanned. Would love some help finding this, any leads would be appreciated.

You know I don't even know if my game has that plastic at all off hand, I will check after work. If it does, there is a small chance I have another one that is broken and I swapped out...or one that is complete even. Don't get your hopes up, but I am just saying maybe...

#69 4 years ago

Well nope I don't even have that plastic for craps sake!! Lol here I thought my set was complete all this time, lol. I actually have had a few times that the ball has been stuck between the wire rail and that rubber ring that the plastic covers.

If someone has a good picture of it I will use a broken piece to cut a temporary permanent replacement. Mindblow.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Well nope I don't even have that plastic for craps sake!! Lol here I thought my set was complete all this time, lol. I actually have had a few times that the ball has been stuck between the wire rail and that rubber ring that the plastic covers.
If someone has a good picture of it I will use a broken piece to cut a temporary permanent replacement. Mindblow.

I've even contacted some sellers of FP2 projects explaining that I'd like to put together a full set of plastics, (offering them my chipped/broken but still workable and there--the ends are off of it piece) AND like $10-$20 for a single inch-or-so long piece of plastic.

No luck.

#71 4 years ago

I have broken plastic with the black starry night background and am going to try to fabricate a piece based off this picture...

IMG_7959 (resized).PNGIMG_7959 (resized).PNG
2 weeks later
#72 4 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

I have broken plastic with the black starry night background and am going to try to fabricate a piece based off this picture...[quoted image]

Any luck making your replacement plastic swillie?

#73 4 years ago

Has anyone lit a ball lock hole like this on FP2 or any other pin?
I have a short strip from Comet...I just don't know where to put it.
My Makita chop saw stand should arrive later this week for my Canadian Arcade inspired rotisserie...planning to get Blackout up and running and then pull the FP2 playfield and replace some sockets and a standing target.

For your viewing pleasure:

#74 4 years ago

I put a colorchanging comet led under the blackout cup in Blackout. It has an opaque white base so it lights up nicely. For FPII you would either have to put the led up above behind the cup, or maybe the black plastic cup floor can be replaced with a white one. I might like to do that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackout-club-fans-welcome/page/7#post-4283137

Have not had time to make that plastic due to a recent death in the family. Actually forgot about it all together, thanks for reminding me. Have the weekend off so it’s now on my to do list.

#75 4 years ago

Scaled the picture for a template. These broken pieces both have a curve in them...I can make a piece with either that will fit, but will not be the exact profile because of the curve. The longer one I could get the exact shape but would have an extra hole in the middle and wrong numbers on it. Better than nothing though. I have a couple longer pieces but I hate to chop an unbroken piece so I will make due with these.

15AAF2C1-3BDF-42A0-BED1-F7686582FEB5 (resized).jpeg15AAF2C1-3BDF-42A0-BED1-F7686582FEB5 (resized).jpeg
#76 4 years ago

Well I am no great fabricator but am pretty damn happy with how this turned out...

303D05E1-9992-4F1E-BACB-2647F7786B27 (resized).jpeg303D05E1-9992-4F1E-BACB-2647F7786B27 (resized).jpeg1CFC7129-F82A-4035-A322-4F72B62165AD (resized).jpeg1CFC7129-F82A-4035-A322-4F72B62165AD (resized).jpeg6364A54A-F233-484A-A44C-D60CD19C925B (resized).jpeg6364A54A-F233-484A-A44C-D60CD19C925B (resized).jpeg
#77 4 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Well I am no great fabricator but am pretty damn happy with how this turned out...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks GREAT!

1 month later
#78 4 years ago

I’m selling a project machine in the marketplace......

217B9E9A-974B-4CC3-B42D-1C94E98EF3DB (resized).jpeg217B9E9A-974B-4CC3-B42D-1C94E98EF3DB (resized).jpegCBC20592-77C8-458B-BEDC-24EEF77157F2 (resized).jpegCBC20592-77C8-458B-BEDC-24EEF77157F2 (resized).jpegA7A187E0-11B7-422D-AB51-BDB55D7017C4 (resized).jpegA7A187E0-11B7-422D-AB51-BDB55D7017C4 (resized).jpeg
#79 4 years ago

Just recently played my fp 2 and noticed scores were really low. What would have normally been a 1-1.5 million game is 50-100k. Replaced batteries and can't seem to find in settings what could have changed. What am I missing?

#80 4 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a repro backglass for FP2?

1 week later
#81 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Does anyone know if there is a repro backglass for FP2?

I thought there was one but I don't think there is. No repro playfields. Or hardtops. Or repro plastics.

I like my FP2 enough that I'd consider a new old stock playfield.

I have an extra severely crazed back glass. Have not attempted to preserve what is there yet. I just found a better one from a parted out machine that was an improvement but still not perfect.

I AM still working on trying to get an intact 31-521-13 plastic (just above the red bulb/tower and directly beneath the exit curve on the ramp). I've been sending messages to every FP2 seller, explaining the situation (that I am trying to amass an entire set so that it can be scanned and hopefully reproduced someday) and offering some cash AND my chipped at both ends plastic for an intact one.

You'd think that someone would actually do that deal as most FP2 machines are trashed anyway, a potential buyer wouldn't know the difference anyway (and if the other plastics are trashed AND the buyer was intent on fixing it, in a round about way the seller would be HELPING the buyer--if we can get the plastics made somewhere.

No luck so far.

4 weeks later
#82 4 years ago

Looking for a project or players game in PA/NJ/DE/MD area . If anyone knows of one, please PM me. Looking forward to joining the club!

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I thought there was one but I don't think there is. No repro playfields. Or hardtops. Or repro plastics.
I have an extra severely crazed back glass. Have not attempted to preserve what is there yet. I just found a better one from a parted out machine that was an improvement but still not perfect.
I AM still working on trying to get an intact 31-521-13 plastic (just above the red bulb/tower and directly beneath the exit curve on the ramp). I've been sending messages to every FP2 seller, explaining the situation (that I am trying to amass an entire set so that it can be scanned and hopefully reproduced someday) and offering some cash AND my chipped at both ends plastic for an intact one.
You'd think that someone would actually do that deal as most FP2 machines are trashed anyway, a potential buyer wouldn't know the difference anyway (and if the other plastics are trashed AND the buyer was intent on fixing it, in a round about way the seller would be HELPING the buyer--if we can get the plastics made somewhere.
No luck so far.

Which plastic is that?

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

No luck so far.

I would def buy a complete new plastic set...love my old FP2! I just looked at mine and of course its chipped on one end! I will keep my eyes open and let you know if I have any luck finding that piece

3 weeks later
#85 4 years ago

Is anyone willing to post a pic of the inside of their Firepower II cabinet? I am putting one back together (literally) I have the guts of a cabinet but no actual cabinet or head. (boards, playfield, full wiring harness, back glass, coin door, etc) There is no inside cabinet pic on ipdb and I want to make sure I put things back in their correct place.

#87 4 years ago

Thanks! I missed this thread and it is just what I was looking for.

1 week later
#88 4 years ago

Does anyone have an extra Williams system 7 mpu or driver board?

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

My best 3-ball game to date![quoted image]

Great game! I’ve had my FP2 for a year and the best I’ve scored is 3,100,000. I was just happy to finally get rid of the factory
high score lol

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballer247:

Great game! I’ve had my FP2 for a year and the best I’ve scored is 3,100,000. I was just happy to finally get rid of the factory
high score lol

I was just in the zone that game, I have not even approached your best score since.

1 week later
#91 4 years ago

My Slings plastics are broke off at the front, which is ok. I’m looking for a set of clear slings Protectors that would find good. Thanks.

#92 4 years ago

If anyone cares to see my rebuild of a Firepower II from its parts (minus the cabinet , that I had to build) , here is a link. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-ii-rebuild#post-5606050

The mostly done game is here (yes I swapped a couple of the colors on the cabinet because I liked it that way )

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 10.13.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-19 at 10.13.21 PM (resized).png
#93 3 years ago
Quoted from matirwin:

If anyone cares to see my rebuild of a Firepower II from its parts (minus the cabinet , that I had to build) , here is a link. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-ii-rebuild#post-5606050
The mostly done game is here (yes I swapped a couple of the colors on the cabinet because I liked it that way )[quoted image]

Thanks for the link. It looks sharp. Going to check it out.

#94 3 years ago

Looks nice, did you add FP Speech Board?z....

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Looks nice, did you add FP Speech Board?z....

I actually just did a couple of days ago.

#96 3 years ago

I’m waiting on delivery to it as well, are all the words used? I know “3” can’t be used....I guess...

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from matirwin:

The mostly done game is here (yes I swapped a couple of the colors on the cabinet because I liked it that way )[quoted image]

I really like the look of the Firepower II below the coin door.

Are you planning to put the graphic Williams "W" over the speaker below the backglass?

#98 3 years ago

What is this thing called and where can I find one. mine is rusted solid and has no balance it’s like hitting a brick wall. Thanks. For FP2, couldn’t find a Picture.

4CBE5A7C-6630-489A-82FB-45E1BA42A006 (resized).jpeg4CBE5A7C-6630-489A-82FB-45E1BA42A006 (resized).jpeg
#99 3 years ago

Is that the wire one-way gate?

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Is that the wire one-way gate?Could you please post a picture of your close up? Maybe the flapper is bent down to much....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 22.50
There are 562 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-ii-loungemembers-and-fans-/page/2?hl=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.