IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
20240331_125550 (resized).jpg
20240331_125530 (resized).jpg
IMG_7728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7727 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7644242_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240317_201138 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swillie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#298 9 years ago

I have had my Firepower II a little over a week...a long week of fixing and fine tuning. Just replaced the black rings with a new set of white ones...holy smokes this pin is scary fast. I have played my fair share of Firepower, love that pin. However, I have to give the nod to Firepower II as my favorite. 50v flippers, multiball, bonus carry over, amazing sound, that crazy bell when you hit the orbit special along with the GI blackout relay synced to the thunder, I'm even starting to like the stupid ramp a little even though I wish I could mod it with a ball lock there like FP1. Okay, so it doesn't talk...yet...

2 weeks later
#318 8 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

I recently picked up a firepower and want to get target decals. I see that there are several different options as to where to purchase (ebay, pinballdecals.com, planetary, etc...).
Does anyone have recommendations? Any decals better than others? Anyone have an extra set?

The ones from pinballdecals.com for sure. I just put them on my Firepower II...they look amazing, so far they are taking heavy abuse with no signs of wear. I think you will be very pleased with them.

1 year later
#747 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

So I recently picked up a project Firepower II... guess I'm in the club, sorta
I found some very bleached FPII target decals in the bottom of my cab. All I can find online are FP decals. FPII is just an explosion; no text.
Does anyone know where to get these?

Williams Blackout and Sorcerer both use the same explosion decal. You can find sets for those machines and just buy two sets to get the number you need. Or... I have the Firepower targets on my FPII, which I purchased from pinballdecals.com. They are thick nice quality targets which are holding up really well to the abuse in my machine, I highly recommend them. IPDB has a picture of the target you need under Blackout. Contact pinballdecals and I am betting they can make you a set. I wish I would of done that.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=317&picno=59970

http://www.pinballdecals.com/index.html

#748 7 years ago

FPII_(resized).jpgFPII_(resized).jpg

The decals are thick enough that there is an indentation in back for the rivet and no hole in the image is needed so they could maybe fill the center of the image in solid yellow for you.

8 months later
#1166 7 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

My first Firepower

Congratulations, that should clean up nice...now that post between the flippers might have to go if you are a purest...

#1168 7 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

How's that post help cheating?

My Flight 2000 has one, once you learn to refrain from flipping if the ball is headed down the middle the post can often bounce it up and over either flipper, nudging just right can help create a save too. It adds a fun element. Firepower certainly can be a sdtm drain monster at times so I can see why someone would put one there, but I think the game is just tough enough the way it was designed and keeps you coming back to the challenge.

1 month later
#1306 7 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Question...I have a Firepower 2 and it works fine. I can't seem to figure out why the score displays scroll all the time. I know it's suppose to when you have a ball locked, but this happens from the start. I thought that I had read somewhere on another Williams game, that you could turn that feature on or off.
Any help or ideas?
Mike

My Firepower II displays did the same thing, scrolling continuously...it is not a setting. You need to look at the hi voltage section of the power supply. One of my 2 100v caps was only giving around 50v. Since the traces were coming away from the board I just put in a new XPIN power supply which solved the problem. I'm very sure replaceing the 100v caps would have worked.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-bulletproofing-williams-system-6/page/2#post-957584

#1309 7 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Thanks I will check those caps. I am sure it is not an issue with the MPU as I recently replaced it and the display driver with a Rottendog combo board. The scrolling continued with the new board.
Mike

Mine has the Rottendog combo board too, as well as new sound and speech boards

#1314 7 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Yes they are strobing as you see the score but the entire display runs from left to right with the score there. It's a Bitch on the credits and ball in play trying to setup as you can only see one of the numbers at a time. Audit #12 shows as 1 ....then 2... then 1...then 2.

The strobing left to right is indeed exactly what mine was doing.

#1325 7 years ago

Phenomenal job on that playfield, you can be proud of how that came out. Can't wait to see the cleared and populated playfield.

#1330 7 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

I've been thinking hair drier to heat and a big heavy book to flatten.
Any suggestions or ideas will be appreciated.

I had warped slings on my Hurricane...i put them on a glass table and warmed them with a hair dryer on hot setting. Does not get too hot so no real risk of melting just have to be patient. Held only 6 inches or so and after maybe 5 minutes they flattened nicely. I set parchment and a ceramic tile on them to cool, worked perfectly.

3 months later
#1490 6 years ago

Good job getting the speech working. I added a new speech board awhile back and love it too. The speech does occasionally interrupt other cool sounds but is worth it overall. I posted a video on another thread when it was still set to 5 ball and had a switch it two that needed cleaning. Will wait to see your video, in which you ring the bonus carryover bell on ball 3 and get the extra game over bonus for maximum effect

#1498 6 years ago

I shot this video tonight with speech added. I did not hit the extra game over bonus, or light 5x bonus or hit the extra ball ramp shot when lit either. Tough game at times but keeps you coming back for more. Also the speech at game over varies...

#1500 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What lovely lighting -- what's your secret?
-mof

It has color matched frosted LEDs for the inserts. White frosted LEDs for the GI except I put a blue and white under the slingshot plastics, red under the ABCD lane guides and a couple frosted color changers too. I'm not normally big on LEDs but this one already had a lot of them in place so I finished it up and really like it on this one.

1 month later
#1599 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Do they include the flipper lane plastics that were in the original repro that cpr did?

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Here are some pics of the set:

40153675-3DBE-415C-9DB7-1B1089A06669-7210-000007DDD7F106F3 (resized).jpeg40153675-3DBE-415C-9DB7-1B1089A06669-7210-000007DDD7F106F3 (resized).jpeg

#1602 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Clearly pinsider swillie didn't like the pics I posted, so I deleted them... as I ain't got this machine, I really don't know which plastics antennaejim is referencing.
Anyway, like I stated before, if anyone interested, just PM me and I'll be glad to give every info about the set (and send the pics)!

Sorry AlexS I really did not mean to offend. The pics were fine, it just struck me as ironic/funny that the inlanes were the only ones not there. I don't have this machine either, i just looked at the play field pics on the thread to see what they looked like. I bet a lot of these sets were bought just for the topper and inlanes, as well as the slingshots and 1000 point plastic which you have. I'm sure someone looking to replace them will be interested in what you have, they look mint.

1 month later
#1652 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Speaking of sound, I was playing last night and noticed that the sound would go muffled for 5 seconds here and there and then go back to normal. Anyone know what might be causing that? This is my only 80s Williams so I don’t have much experience with them.

This may be of no help but my FPII has new speech and sound boards and occasionally the sound would go quiet or cut out all together until I powered the game off/on. With the game off, I put the master volume control pot inside the cabinet thru a full range of motion clockwise/counterclockwise about a dozen times. It always seemed finicky when adjusting sound and I thought this would 'clean' off the contacts inside. Well it worked, now volume adjustment is smooth and sound has worked perfect since. Maybe someone else can chime in whether you could break the volume pot doing this. I figured next step would be disassemble and clean or replace.

LOL. Just saw McSquids post above... maybe I know a couple things after all.

2 weeks later
#1677 6 years ago

I know, I have FP2 and I would almost buy this set just for the topper.

2 months later
#1855 6 years ago

For what it's worth my Blackout reproduction from a couple years ago is gorgeous, just perfect as far as I'm concerned compared to the very degraded original. Of course the process it seems is easier as mentioned above.

1 week later
#1875 6 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

Question that is probably easy to answer: im intermittently getting two balls ejected into the shooter lane after locking the first ball. It's not the kicker somehow smacking both balls into the lane, but hitting one then the other sequentially into there. Is it maybe a switch contact or something? I never had that issue prior to transferring the innards to the new play field.

Had this problem with my Flight 2000. If I recall, the middle switch was sticking, so machine would think there were still 2 balls in trough and kick last ball into trough. Had to fiddle with that switch a few times, ended up replacing the wire as it was really bent up before I had it.

2 weeks later
#1952 6 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

A bit more help please FPII owners. The bulb under MATCH in my back box is always on during attract mode. As such the paint on the back glass has disintegrated over the years. Is this how it’s meant to be? Also I found a couple of stickers in the bottom of the cabinet when I bought the game and I want to stick them back whence they came. Any ideas where?

I think that bulb blinks in attract mode but now im curious to see when i get home later. I will also look for those stickers too and post back if nobody else has already.

Edit: watched a TNT video, match light blinks. Probably a bad SCR on mpu?

#1974 6 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

A bit more help please FPII owners. The bulb under MATCH in my back box is always on during attract mode. As such the paint on the back glass has disintegrated over the years. Is this how it’s meant to be? Also I found a couple of stickers in the bottom of the cabinet when I bought the game and I want to stick them back whence they came. Any ideas where?

Checked my game...match bulb does stay on solid in attract mode once you've completed a game. If your set to freeplay in home setting I would just disable the match feature.

As for those stickers, i could find neither of them in my cabinet. Sorry.

2 months later
#2077 6 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

My firepowerseem to go to full volume while playing. Turning volume knob makes no change. After a few games it will go back down. Would this be sound board problem or volume knob? Thanks

My FPII would get really loud and go to only background sound. A power off/on would fix it but kept happening. I put the volume knob inside cab thru a full range of motion clockwise/counterclockwise about a dozen times to hopefully clean the contacts inside. Worked, volume has been steady for a year now.

1 week later
#2094 5 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

I used these post lights (https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1995) and wired them to the slings and the pop bumpers. I would have to double check but I think the wires are soldered right to the tabs on the coils. Quite simple actually.

Just run the wires thru the opening that the slingshot armature passes through? Or are you drilling a separate hole to pass the wires down under?

1 week later
#2104 5 years ago

These FPII plastics dont show up often, saw this in market and posting here in case someone needs them...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/64127

#2111 5 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I have a Firepower that has been working great, but last night I noticed the 1-4 players and shoot again bulbs in the backbox don't light up. Tried in diagnostic mode and all other bulbs light up except these ones. Anyone ever have this issue before?

Are TILT, GAME OVER, and HI SCORE TO DATE lights out also? I'm no guru at this stuff, but those 3 plus the other 5 you mentioned are all on the same column of the lamp matrix. Says YEL/GRY wire but I can't find the connector associated with that that wire in the schematic, but I suppose either a break in that wire, bad connector, cracked solder at that pin on the board, or the driver on the board.

5 months later
#2542 5 years ago

Addictive game, if one was on location by me i would feed it alot of quarters.

6 months later
#2880 4 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

Hi all, am new to the club with a FP2. Can someone tell me if it’s possible to set this up for free play?

Absolutely...will go check the manual...okay setting 18 (maximum credits) set it to 0 (zero) for free play.

Go to www.ipdb.com and look up Firepower II and download the manual. The procedure is on page 12.

2 weeks later
#2913 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I used comet non ghosting warm white on my FP2 and it looks great.
There is no diagram...you just need to count. I seem to remember 127 bulbs but your mileage may vary--I'm doing Blackout now and may be confused.
Mine were all bayonet style. You will also need a "Big bayonet" for the back right corner arrow.
I have ordered wedge style bulbs for the pop bumpers and new sockets.
Also ordered a few color changers for the periphery of the playfield, under the plastics.
Apparently the plastics are very tough to find.
I have one broken one 13-521-31 (I think is the number I need).
I have some backglass to touch up and a bit of playfield work, but mine is a champ after the board rebuild and the resurrection from the dead.
We love that pin.

Like your taste in pins!

13-521-31 does not exist...

IMG_6480 (resized).JPGIMG_6480 (resized).JPG

#2916 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

31-521-13...sheesh

Don't see that one either

#2921 4 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

What is the number for the large center plastic for FP2? That is the one you i’m missing!

If you mean the one above the center standup targets...mine says 31-521-11

#2924 4 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

If you mean the one above the center standup targets...mine says 31-521-11

Quoted from hodgesm0:

No, I’m missing the large one in the center of the Playfield

Looking back, is this not the one that you circled, above the center standup targets?

IMG_6490 (resized).JPGIMG_6490 (resized).JPG
#2926 4 years ago
IMG_6494.GIFIMG_6494.GIF
1 month later
#2956 4 years ago

There is a 1 way gate for sure, will have to pull the glass later and I can take a look and measurements to try and match up with whats available.

Quoted from ss-pinball:

There are two holes in the bracket...found what seems to be hundreds of configurations at Marco...now I need to figure out which one goes there...

#2957 4 years ago

#2958 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

There are two holes in the bracket...found what seems to be hundreds of configurations at Marco...now I need to figure out which one goes there...

Okay here are pics I took that show the wire gate better...and a link the wire gate which I am fairly certain is the correct one you need.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6511

The small wire tab that sits on the inside bracket arm is bent "up" slightly from the main loop allowing it to stop just in front of the rubber ring behind it.

IMG_6895 (resized).JPGIMG_6895 (resized).JPGIMG_6896 (resized).JPGIMG_6896 (resized).JPGIMG_6897 (resized).JPGIMG_6897 (resized).JPGIMG_6898 (resized).JPGIMG_6898 (resized).JPGIMG_6899 (resized).JPGIMG_6899 (resized).JPG
#2960 4 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

Hi, just picked up a FirepowerII and it’s our first pin. Couple of questions I hope someone may be able to help with.
The upper rollover lights flicker during gameplay (and then go solid after a rollover) much like the FIREPOWER insert lights. I’ve not seen this on others so I’m not sure what’s going on there. The scoring function and multiplier bonus all work as expected, but the flickering makes telling what is and isn’t lit harder than it needs to be. Possibly related, the ‘60’ insert seems to light randomly during gameplay and the special lights on the out-lanes are almost always lit or flickering.
One other thing I noticed, in both of the center 3 target banks there appears to be a spot for another star post under the plastic... should there really be one there? It would not be visible but I suppose it would be extra support for the star post that is front and center and taking all the beating.[quoted image]

Mine has the third star post where you are missing yours. They have no rubber ring on them nor do I see any use/reason for them whatsoever.

As for the blinking inserts I have no clue... are they incandescent bulbs ot LEDs??

#2967 4 years ago

Show of hands, who likes Firepower II ?

IMG_6984.GIFIMG_6984.GIF
2 months later
#3090 4 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

I think I figured it out, I have a broken connection between the star rollover and the “4” target. Can I just run a jumper or should I pull that wire out of the bundle? I’m thinking a jumper between the two should do it. I have continuity both sides of that, (from the four to the board and from the star rollover to the center target). The one thing I don’t see how to check is the lane change with the right flipper. Hopefully fixing the broken connection will make that work. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot that part of the circuit?

Hey just maybe carefully use a jumper wire with a couple small alligator clips to see what it fixes before soldering.

1 month later
#3133 4 years ago

Trough lane switch. You want the switches to trigger fully, not "barely" trigger. The action of kicking the first ball into plunger lane can roll the other two balls backward just a bit, then gravity rolls them forward to the first two spots. If when they roll back a switch is momentarily open then closed again the game thinks you plunged a ball and it fell sdtm without scoring any points, so it kicks another ball into the plunger lane. I would suspect the first switch since it only happens with three balls in the trough.

1 year later
#4022 2 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I have my Firepower running in my NW7 multipin right now. It's running stereo with a sub. I'm amazed at how much low end information is in the original sound package. I'm planning to enhance it as well. [quoted image]

Okay wait what head is this?

#4025 2 years ago
Quoted from BriPin:

It looks like a Firepower II head on an original Firepower. What to do about the backglass since the original won’t fit?

Except his has 6 digit scoring for each player...Fp2 Has 7 digits.

9 months later
#4153 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

3 months later...
Every single board needed work. Some more than others. MPU/Driver not 100% yet. I found an alternate OEM pair in the interim. Haven't even started on the playfield and cab yet...
But...
It lives.

That’s awesome! Throw a ball in there, worlds first firepower pachinko machine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swillie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club?tu=swillie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.