IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
20240331_125550 (resized).jpg
20240331_125530 (resized).jpg
IMG_7728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7727 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7644242_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240317_201138 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spybryon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 10 years ago

I am a proud member of the club with both Firepower original as well as Firepower II.

FPII was rescued from being turned into a vpinmame cab! Thankfully it's now working decently and that will not be happening

Firepower Original project was acquired last weekend and waiting for me to start the restore. Prior to picking up the project I already have CPR playfield & plastics. I'll get it working perfectly first, then play it a lot. After I get bored, I will start the playfield swap.

IMG_20130209_154448.jpgIMG_20130209_154448.jpg IMG_20130209_154343.jpgIMG_20130209_154343.jpg
4 months later
#35 10 years ago
Quoted from greywolf:

Aha, got alerted to clubs via the High Speed club and thought, Hmmm, there HAS to be a Firepower club in here--oop, there it is! yea!
Cabinet is not the best, backglass has minor scratches, replaced all lights with LEDs except for five #455s in the backglass behind FIREPOWER, CPR repro playfield, all new but, boy, good luck finding replacement bumper caps! I think I'll have to get blank whites and do 'm up myself...(ordered!). Also replaced the displays with PinScore units. "Less authentic", perhaps, but when the game's not being played and is just sitting there, I'm drawing 15 watts instead of 150 watts.
Before I put in the playfield, I got some polyurethane resin and some dyes and deepened the colours on the inserts -- the blues and oranges are way too pale.
Had to replace MPU/Driver/Sound boards with PinballPCB (I *really* like them) boards. They do good work.
For extra fun, get a set of undercab 3-color LED strips: One down the left side, one down the right side and find a way to fit the short one across the bottom. Wire them up such that the pop bumpers, slings, kickback, firepower flashers, and plunger-side ball release are linked in.
Bright blue flashers behind the center targets, wired to the drop target resets, another one right near the plunger, wired into the ball release -- you KNOW when you have a ball waiting! -- and bright white flashers under the plastics near the eject holes hooked up to the eject solenoids.
Rebuilt the flippers. If you do NOTHING ELSE to your game, DO THIS. Don't forget to put in the rubber grommets where the linkages come to rest. Yes, it will look like your flippers can't swing as far, but you will actually INCREASE the power you get from your flippers and your coils will thank you.
Loosened up the spinner, lubed it a bit, and I can reliably get 35k+ on a hit from the right flipper. Replaced the knocker coil with something a little stronger, mounted it more toward the back, directly to the inside of the cabinet, and the report from that baby is eminently satisfying.
Now due to dissatisfaction with the first one, and worse dissatisfaction with the second one, I have to build a third topper for this puppy. I have the wiring in place, hooked to a Molex plug, so it's as easy as plug and play
Sound System is a Polk Audio 10" Subwoofer plus two pedestal home theatre satellites. On full volume it will rattle the playfield glass. Due to the directional nature of the speakers, I have not had to crank the volume to obnoxiously loud levels at the expos.
Paid $300 + traded a Xenon for this game. Considering Xenon only cost me $50 outright, I have no regrets over the transaction. IF I ever get it together to post, I'll post pix and video.
7 years and still a work in progress...
Oh, yeah, Hi! by the way...
--*greywolf;

I have played this particular Firepower before at PAGG and CAX and I was completely blown away by it's awesomeness. I look forward to playing it again at both of those shows if it makes the trip!

I finally got my project Firepower setup in the garage and just about to begin the troubleshooting and restoration process. It's going to be fun! My FP has a center post, came that way!!! It also has 3 more holes drilled for alternate locations for the center post (WTF). Luckily, I picked up a CPR playfield along with the plastics when they were available.

1 week later
#58 10 years ago

Haha who else has a "brick bottom" Firepower ? I do, and up till now I thought someone else had replaced the bottom of the cabinet with a scrap piece of wood that was about the right size. Now, I know better:

http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=856&picno=53445&zoom=1

There's a little writeup explanation about it too on there about the factory using this wood.

#65 10 years ago

No, I do not have that perfume smell either. Only the faintest scent coil dust and old rubber rings.

8 months later
#229 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What was that sound -- did you hear something at club front door?
/knock
/knock
-mof

Wait what????????????

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spybryon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club?tu=spybryon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.