IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
20240331_125550 (resized).jpg
20240331_125530 (resized).jpg
IMG_7728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7727 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7644242_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240317_201138 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sohchx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

I started stripping my playfield to touch up and clear coat and I noticed two of my stand up 1-6 targets have that back support bar bent toward the target. (And two of them are the wrong "bullseye" targets) Which targets are correct? Straight backing or bent backing? Is there a source for the correct stand ups (Williams part no A-8305)? I read some Gottlieb targets work too, is that correct? Thanks! image.jpg image-203.jpg

I too have a post on each bank of targets that is bent backward but in different positions than where yours are. I always wondered why they were bent the way and the others not. I'll have have to post a picture.

#366 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Both of my Firepowers had a mixture of target styles like yours. I always figured it was from operators replacing them with whatever they had in their parts box. I believe that the bent ones are the correct, original target brackets since the straight ones scrape the plastics above. Also, the bent ones were the most common type in both my Firepowers and the type in the spot that takes the least beating, the target at the top of the PF.

The photo in the following post below is what I have. Note the bent post to the far right of the left bank. What does that mean?? Should I change it out to make it like the other five?

#367 8 years ago

IMG_20150610_224546.jpgIMG_20150610_224546.jpg

#369 8 years ago

Has anyone heard anything about a run of plastics being done again by anyone?? I don't care who does it, I just know that I need plastics for my machine in the worst way possible.

#370 8 years ago

I just realized that I need even more help.I need to replace every bulb in my machine and need to know the types that I need, quantity I need of each type, and the locations where they go.

Thanks

#374 8 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Almost every bulb in the game is a #44 incandescent. Except the two #89 flashers. If you do have to replace every bulb (which has me worried) you would need probably 130 of the #44's.

No worries from me. Every bulb except for maybe 8 of them have completely chromed on the inside or have blown filaments.

1 week later
#376 8 years ago

Anyone know what the correct length is for Firepower legs front and rear minus the feet? I'd like to verify that mine are correct. Also, being that the game has no liquid level, is there an ideal setting that this game likes to be set to for optimal play performance IE: Angle/ Foot height setting??

#378 8 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

standard williams 28-1/2 legs

Thanks Wiredoug. You have any opinions on setup, or is it just based on owner preference?

1 week later
#384 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm in, came today CPR playfield and plastics, would love to get a new backglass but its not bad. I need to get into the electronics now as little problems are coming up quickly, might just change all the boards as I will never sell this game mine as well bring it to full blown collectors quality. :DDSC01796.JPG DSC01797.JPG DSC01798.JPG

You're a lucky guy!!! I wish I could find a Cpr plastic set. You happen to find it, or you just had it in your possession already? I really wish that they would do another run, not like the game isn't popular.

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

Quote from the CPR page: "As for re-runs, they will barely ever ever ever happen. So pretty much, no. It's new releases for the next many years.". Maybe we should start a petition to see how many people would purchase a set of plastics. I for one would purchase a set.

I read up on this thread for awhile yesterday. I so wanna do this for my Firepower but I have no knowledge in doctoring the artwork like they are speaking of. I can cut my own plastics no problem though

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-guide-to-making-your-own-reproduction-plastics

#392 8 years ago

Does anyone have a source for flipper return frames? Cliffy's set will only work on the right side.

#394 8 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

This isn't even possible. Explain please? The pics on my page show the left side B-8239 fits dead on http://www.passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames/FP-B-8239-1a.jpg

Seriously, you sell the correct left side!!!??? I looked all over the site and all I found was these two. I was so looking forward to buying these and I've already bought a NOS set.

http://cliffysprotectors.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=19

http://cliffysprotectors.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=20&zenid=0jqh9od21mo8q6raddr9l67de1

#396 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

It would appear there are two different web pages.
Cliffysprotectors that only has 18 items for sale and passionforpinball that has much more.
Weird.

Awwwwww well. Now I know where to go when I need my second set.

1 week later
#398 8 years ago

So I finally got my machine finished!!!! I owe a massive amount of Thanks to fellow pinsider Vid1900. Using his guidance and outstanding guides I was able to completely teardown and rebuild my pop bumpers, install target faces, and install all new updated flipper assemblies. Thanks again Vid!! Now I've got two questions for thefellow owners here. Do any of you have the balls smacking the glass when rebounding from a target face? I've got it going on and it's bad. Is it because I don't have the foam backing on the metal standoffs behind the targets? Also I've got increments of numbers missing on two of my displays and the one that says 1ST is flaky on the first digit. Could I remedy these issues by rebuilding the main display board and if so which components are the most problematic?

IMG_20150721_225526.jpgIMG_20150721_225526.jpg
IMG_20150722_205613.jpgIMG_20150722_205613.jpg
IMG_20150722_205555.jpgIMG_20150722_205555.jpg

#400 8 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

That's exactly what it is. Add the foam pieces to the targets and that will stop it.

Done!!

2 weeks later
#402 8 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

Search for "dendrites" and find my post on this; then get your dental tool out and scrape between the wires that go into the bad displays (turned off of course). If you are lucky, the growth will not have migrated between the glass sandwich, and your segments will start firing again. I have saved a few Williams displays with exactly the same segment out by careful cleaning.
Mac

The issue turned out to be bad displays. I have since replaced them and the problems are all gone. Thanks for posting advice though I definitely appreciate it. I'll try your method on the bad displays.

1 month later
#435 8 years ago

So I have a problem that I wanted to ask if anyone has seen before. The main sound that plays during the game and ramps up louder and louder during play is completely gone. All of the other sounds work just fine. It's extremely frustrating because I just finished a 5 month restore on it and can't even enjoy it. I sent all of the boards out to be looked over and completely rebuilt/bulletproofed before the resto was finished ,and when they came back the game was 100%. I didn't play it for a week or two, turn it on and now I have this problem. Makes me contemplate selling the machine. You can't enjoy this game if it isn't 100%

Reply ·

#443 8 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

Go to the solenoid test and see if there is a sound missing.

Did that already.

performed the loop test twice and that all checks out

Grounded the pins, each emits a sound but none emit the sound that is missing

The wiring in the lower left corner of the driver board all checks fine as well as the upper left corner of the sound board

Through voltage testing of the caps on the sound board my readings are all in spec 4.9 13.4 and 12.3

#445 8 years ago

Can anyone here possibly help a fellow Pinsider out??? I'm kinda desperate. In post #435 I mentioned a sound issue that I was having. As of now I am still chasing it and have pretty much exhausted myself and my resources. The person that repaired/bulletproofed all of my firepower boards took my sound board back in a second time and says that it checked out 100%,but I think that he only uses a Williams test station and not a dedicated machine and that may be why he can't find the issue that I'm having. I wanted to know, would anyone here with a FULLY FUNCTIONING Firepower be willing to test my sound boards out in there machine so that I can verify if my issues IS or Isn't the sound board?? If I have to I'll even pay you for your time. It's just that, this is my grail machine and I just want it 100% again so I can enjoy it and not end up selling it. The single most important sound in the game is missing and it just isn't Firepower without it.

Thanks!!

#447 8 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

Might be a silly question but do you have background sound on in adjustments? Number 35 I believe.

I'd have to look into that. Thing is, the game had the sound before this happened. I powered the machine on a few weeks later and it was gone. I have never touched any adjustments on the machine.

#449 8 years ago

Thanks Andy. I am going to go through my menus to see what 35 is set to. Maybe there was a glitch or short of some sort that lead the machine to revert to sound off for that particular setting. I actually hope that really is the problem. If not, factory reset it is.

2 weeks later
#457 8 years ago

Is there a free play setting for FP??? I can't seem to find it if so.

#460 8 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Yep. Set audit #18 to zero, which is the 'max credits' setting. This puts it into free play.

Thank you sir!!!

#461 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Or drill a hole in the cabinet and wire a doorbell button to the coin switch like some idiot did on the one I own. Whichever is easier...

lol

3 weeks later
#496 8 years ago

NOS PF with the crate!! Starting bid $199.00 Extremely tempting. Of course this pops up after I've already restored mine.

ebay.com link: 1980 Williams FIREPOWER Pinball Playfield NOS

1 week later
#502 8 years ago

Hammer price at $911.00!!! Did anyone here get it??

ebay.com link: 1980 Williams FIREPOWER Pinball Playfield NOS

#507 8 years ago

What are the benefits of a Kruzman over NOS? I am unfamiliar.

#511 8 years ago

Question. Have any of you done LED's on your Firepower? I put some in a few spots on mine but didn't want to over do it. On the red and blue inserts I got the halo effect from single LED natural whites, so I took those out and put the incandescents back in. I liked the vivid look that the LED's gave for those spots but don't want the halo. I'd like to see what people have done on theirs.

1 week later
#528 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I might have found a score on a very well worn Firepower, but the add says the game works. On a scale of 1 - 10, how hard is it to restore this game from a 100% Noob standpoint?
I havent looked through the entire thread yet, as I am trying to jump on this game, but are there plastics and pf restorers or pf available?
Ok, now to check this thread out.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

No new plastics are available. You would have to make your own, I had to, it sucked. PF restorers are around and repro fields are almost unobtanium, and out of production. If you have the right equipment, skill, and supplies you can probably bring what you have back to life. Like someone else already said, before you get in to deep be 100% sure that you are willing to keep it, or take a big loss on it if you decide to sell. Post pics!!

#529 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

No reply back yet on the actual playable condition. If I were to buy it, it would be for somewhat sentimental reasons, as it's the first pin that I really played with any consistency as an arcade kid of the 80's, so it would be a keeper.

Excellent reason to own it!!! You can spend away then, but still try to get it for $200-300 lol

4 months later
#646 8 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Not in the near future. I am hoping though.

Oops wrong post lol

2 weeks later
#688 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Burned up 10k resistor in position R5 (just above and slightly to the left of the display glass)

I wish the score displays were that easy to fix!!

#710 7 years ago

Actually this setup would be going all out. My FP plays phenomenally with these.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=172

2 weeks later
#734 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Always make sure you get the correct caps, not the crap looking remakes.

After searching for a set of correct caps for over two years I had to settle for the crap ones.

2 weeks later
#745 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

What is value of non working firepower II? pf has normal wear. boards look clean. Game wont boot as it appears to be missing 5v....Selling for a friend. Game is in MD. He was thinking 400?
I'm gonna reflow ps board tonight. If anyone know which parts to replace on ps to get 5v working let me know link...thx!

Price is Right on point $400-500

3 weeks later
#774 7 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

What have you guys had success with to remove surface rust & polish the metal parts of the game? Legs, coin door, ball return mechanism, etc? Any specific products that have really worked well for you?

For surface rust I always soak everything in Evap O rust. For polishing I use polish in black, green, and white compounds using a high speed wheel.

1 week later
#778 7 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

That looks like some pretty good stuff...is it reusable? As in, after you do a few parts, can you pour it back into it's container and use it again?
What is most of the metal on the machine? Looks like steel, and some is chromed as I can tell. Can't be stainless since it rusts.

Yes, evapo rust can be used many times over. Just strain it back into the bottle if you can. It even works when it's filthy. Amazing stuff

#779 7 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

As sohchx said, Evaporust is great, but whatever you do, DON'T use CLR or naval jelly as a substitute, they will remove rust but ruin the finish of your parts.

This is correct. Using CLR or jelly will permanently whiten the parts and most times you will see pitting and permanent staining.

1 month later
#794 7 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

I have a beauty, but need to get it up and running.

Holy crap!! Is that bare wood exposed to the left side of the 10 and 20??

1 month later
#936 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Since we're talking about new plastics & playfields..... how would you touch up these bad spots? A pinball guy about 2 hours from me could make it look good for $300 but if I could get a close match or if someone may be making a new pf.... that would be great.
I was thinking about contacting a local art student and see if somebody there would be interested in doing something.

Ha!! $300 for touch up?? That's insane. I'd do a complete touch up, level the play field and do 6 coats of 2k clear for $300.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sohchx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club?tu=sohchx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.