IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
20240331_125550 (resized).jpg
20240331_125530 (resized).jpg
IMG_7728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7727 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7644242_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240317_201138 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pyrotech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4093 2 years ago
Quoted from sparksterz:

Had a bit of a weird one happen to me tonight. Had a good game and set a high score, the game over screen held my score fine. But when it would toggle to show the highest score, I noticed, the tens digit was off by one, and the one's digit is blank. Rebooted the machine and got the same thing, so it seems that's how it's stored. Any ideas on what this issue could be? The display otherwise doesn't have any issues so I'm a bit baffled.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Have you changed out the display? I would swith it with 4 player display to see if would work.

3 months later
#4164 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

A bill heatherly firepower restoration going on now. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Paint job looks great.

#4170 1 year ago
Quoted from acidburn:

Finally get to join the club after casually looking for a Firepower for over 3 years here in the UK
When I went to see the machine the seller hadn't turned it on for a couple of years, the top right eject hole was firing on boot and there was some funky stuff happening in game. Some CPU controlled lights were out on the back box and it wasn't saving settings.
I've had it home for a couple of weeks and all of these issues have been ironed out. 'Not saving settings' was just a dead CR2430 battery on the Rottendog MPU, the right eject that was firing at boot and the other funky goings on was just a coin switch that was stuck closed and the lights in the back box was just a wire that had become disconnected so it was soldered back in place.
LED's in the GI above playfield and incandescent under inserts and in the back box. I will make sure to swap out the incandescent bulbs in the back box for LED's (That is a given to protect that artwork) I haven't yet decided whether to go LED on the inserts or not. I do like having brighter inserts but feel you do loose that nice sweeping motion you get in attract mode that you get with incandescent.
Overall a nice honest Firepower in above average condition I would say. Chuffed with it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good, Welcome to the club.

3 months later
#4207 1 year ago
Quoted from Teamhex:

What would you guys recommend for replacing the 6 center targets? I'm seeing about $15 each for the switch stack and target.
I really only need one, but I figured I'd do them all. They've been a source of constant annoyance. Having to readjust them and bend the backstop piece. Just a real pain in the backside.
Is $15 per the standard price on these? Are there any deals for all 6?
Also, is there any adjustment required after swapping them out? Or is it just desoldering them, remove, replace, resolder right?

I agree, I would replace all six of them. If you replace one the color of the other ones will stick out.

2 months later
#4224 1 year ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

Today I was swapping some insert and backbox bulbs, testing each bulb along the way. When I was done, I put the balls back in, glass and lock bar back on, and powered the machine back up. It flashed on for a second and then lost power. It will not power up now. I've checked all fuses and nothing appears to be blown. Any ideas where to go next?

Does the power supply have power or no power to the mpu?

#4226 1 year ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

There is no power at all. It has all new Kohout boards and there is no indication of power anywhere. I took a look at the power switch but didn't see anything. The outlet is fine, I plugged another machine into it. The transformer looked fine, couldn't find any wires disconnected anywhere. It was working perfectly until the last time I switched it on. I had been switching it off and on when swapping bulbs for about a half hour earlier.

I had issues with a Kohout board on my Gorgar. Can you test to see if the power supply is getting power or do you have another power supply you can plug in and see what happens?

#4228 1 year ago

Yes it will work. Swap out the power supply to see what happens.

#4230 1 year ago

yes, the led would be on.

#4231 1 year ago

Check the cord where it connects inside the cabinet. Maybe you have a broken connection there.

#4237 1 year ago

do you have a voltmeter?

#4239 1 year ago

Start at the wall, check the plug. Make sure the 3 plugs are in good shape not less or bent. After that turn it on and check under cabinet were power comes in and see if power is getting to that point. Next I would check the fuse with the multimeter to see if the fuses have some juice going thou them. It got to be something small.

#4251 1 year ago

Great job, in finding the problem.

5 months later
#4342 1 year ago
Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

New backglass just arrived from Mayfair. Per the seller these were reproductions done by Williams in the 90's.
Initial thoughts: first off, the packaging job was very well done, this thing was bulletproofed. Well done on the sellers part.
The Mirroring looks really good, pictures definitely don't do it justice.
There are some Noticeable color variations. The main red lettering doesn't seem as deep and looks a tad washed out when in the machine lit up, The 2 blue starship only have one tone of blue instead of 2, the fireballs around the planets don't have the red like the original.
All in all I like it. I whish the colors were more true to the original but it looks pretty good regardless.
My original glass has a lot of flaking, and several large scratches. It's not as noticeable in the pictures but you can really see the damaged areas when its in the machine with the lights on. I'm going to triple thick the orignal and possibly try my hand at repainting it.
Original L, Reproduction R[quoted image]
Closer view of Reproduction
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks Great, a great machine needs to have a great backglass.

1 month later
#4387 11 months ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Got a strange one. When launching a ball, if it goes in the i lane it lights the i and r letters. Only happens for the letter i. If it goes in any other letter, f, r, e it only lights those. Any ideas on what's causing that?

That is normal. Its a little bonus.

#4392 11 months ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

What? That’s not normal at all. Only one letter should lite up at a time.

mine has been doing that since I got it. I have had it for 3yrs now. It always does it, when i got my, I asked the owner before me and he said that it was normal. I guess I was wrong. Sorry.

#4404 11 months ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Pyrotech does your lane change work?

Yes, my lane change does work.

3 weeks later
#4468 10 months ago
Quoted from DBP99:

Question for the group. The 40+/- red posts on the game, my research doesn't come up consistent between a few vendors (ie 1" vs 1 1/16"). Does anyone by chance know the proper red post and part number?
Also, for cleaning the wax off, I've seen dishwasher (upper tray in a contained basket) or toothbrush. Anyone got an success on either or a different method?
Thanks as always! Dave

I just used hot soapy water and soaked them for a while and used a toothbrush. Just had to be careful sometimes I used to much pressure and lost a couple.

1 month later
#4485 8 months ago

In a bit over my head. Got a project Firepower. It's my first non-working pin.
I have done stuff in this guide:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-bulletproofing-williams-system-6
e.g. replacing all electrolytic caps, some stressed diodes/resistors/etc. replaced 40 pin connector, some bad sockets.
Put it all back together, no luck. No reset/ no blanking.
Found wiggling a ram chip caused blanking LED i added to light up. (blanking signal 3.5V, hopefully that's fine). So I replaced that socket
current state:
On power on, 2 red LEDs turn on then off, once. Then, blanking signal comes on.
No sounds, and the only insert light lit is "1" down by the flippers. (is that trying to tell me something?)
displays are on and are 0s . bottom left has nothing.
I put balls in in case it wanted them. No response to coin or credit switches.
The sounds do work when i push the test button on the sound board (no voice, but i'll deal with that later).
I've been reading
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Williams_System_3_-_7
But I don't know what to do for "blanking signal is high but nothing happens".
Any pointeorirs on things to check? Or is there a better thread to look for help in. Thanks in advance. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]</blockquot

I see original boards. You may to look at the 40 pin connector. You might have to re pin it.

#4486 8 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

In a bit over my head. Got a project Firepower. It's my first non-working pin.
I have done stuff in this guide:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-bulletproofing-williams-system-6
e.g. replacing all electrolytic caps, some stressed diodes/resistors/etc. replaced 40 pin connector, some bad sockets.
Put it all back together, no luck. No reset/ no blanking.
Found wiggling a ram chip caused blanking LED i added to light up. (blanking signal 3.5V, hopefully that's fine). So I replaced that socket
current state:
On power on, 2 red LEDs turn on then off, once. Then, blanking signal comes on.
No sounds, and the only insert light lit is "1" down by the flippers. (is that trying to tell me something?)
displays are on and are 0s . bottom left has nothing.
I put balls in in case it wanted them. No response to coin or credit switches.
The sounds do work when i push the test button on the sound board (no voice, but i'll deal with that later).
I've been reading
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Williams_System_3_-_7
But I don't know what to do for "blanking signal is high but nothing happens".
Any pointers on things to check? Or is there a better thread to look for help in. Thanks in advance. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You said it was non-working when you bought it. Did the owner say anything about that? 40 pin connector was a great start. I would started there.

#4490 8 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I was contemplating trying to salvage these plastics. if I can solve the yellowing(difficult without ruining art, i know) and the slight warping, i thought they wouldn't be too bad. But it seems the color seems very muted compared to the CPR repros. What happened to my blues?? I thought usually reds faded, but mine are pretty much only yellow/red.
I should probably just get new plastics huh? [quoted image][quoted image]

Mine looked close to that, I bought new ones and I was amazed at the difference. It looked a new machine, again.

#4492 8 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Ok. I am pretty much convinced on new plastics. trying to figure out if i should order a backglass at the same time.
I believe mine has been painted over on the back. But I put 2SMD bulbs all in the backboard and it shines through pretty well. i think comparable to my Sorcerer. Only a few nicks in it which I could touch up a little bit. A replacement is $270 which feels like a lot. I am doing a hardtime and restoring the playfield, but not the cabinet. trying to figure where to draw the line. Unsure if the game is a keeper or not... haven't even got it to boot yet! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

FirePower is pretty fun and fast. Once you get it going make the choice, save the money if you can. The back on yours look weird, maybe they tried to seal it with white instead of using clear triple thick.

2 months later
#4534 6 months ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Looking at going with a playfield protector. Who is recommended to buy it from? I see cointaker has one and also one from overseas.

Check this out it may help.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lexan-playfield-protector-install-and-review

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pyrotech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club?tu=pyrotech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.