IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
20240331_125550 (resized).jpg
20240331_125530 (resized).jpg
IMG_7728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7727 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7644242_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240317_201138 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider papazit1963.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from greywolf:

Aha, got alerted to clubs via the High Speed club and thought, Hmmm, there HAS to be a Firepower club in here--oop, there it is! yea!
Cabinet is not the best, backglass has minor scratches, replaced all lights with LEDs except for five #455s in the backglass behind FIREPOWER, CPR repro playfield, all new but, boy, good luck finding replacement bumper caps! I think I'll have to get blank whites and do 'm up myself...(ordered!). Also replaced the displays with PinScore units. "Less authentic", perhaps, but when the game's not being played and is just sitting there, I'm drawing 15 watts instead of 150 watts.
Before I put in the playfield, I got some polyurethane resin and some dyes and deepened the colours on the inserts -- the blues and oranges are way too pale.
Had to replace MPU/Driver/Sound boards with PinballPCB (I *really* like them) boards. They do good work.
For extra fun, get a set of undercab 3-color LED strips: One down the left side, one down the right side and find a way to fit the short one across the bottom. Wire them up such that the pop bumpers, slings, kickback, firepower flashers, and plunger-side ball release are linked in.
Bright blue flashers behind the center targets, wired to the drop target resets, another one right near the plunger, wired into the ball release -- you KNOW when you have a ball waiting! -- and bright white flashers under the plastics near the eject holes hooked up to the eject solenoids.
Rebuilt the flippers. If you do NOTHING ELSE to your game, DO THIS. Don't forget to put in the rubber grommets where the linkages come to rest. Yes, it will look like your flippers can't swing as far, but you will actually INCREASE the power you get from your flippers and your coils will thank you.
Loosened up the spinner, lubed it a bit, and I can reliably get 35k+ on a hit from the right flipper. Replaced the knocker coil with something a little stronger, mounted it more toward the back, directly to the inside of the cabinet, and the report from that baby is eminently satisfying.
Now due to dissatisfaction with the first one, and worse dissatisfaction with the second one, I have to build a third topper for this puppy. I have the wiring in place, hooked to a Molex plug, so it's as easy as plug and play
Sound System is a Polk Audio 10" Subwoofer plus two pedestal home theatre satellites. On full volume it will rattle the playfield glass. Due to the directional nature of the speakers, I have not had to crank the volume to obnoxiously loud levels at the expos.
Paid $300 + traded a Xenon for this game. Considering Xenon only cost me $50 outright, I have no regrets over the transaction. IF I ever get it together to post, I'll post pix and video.
7 years and still a work in progress...
Oh, yeah, Hi! by the way...
--*greywolf;

I too have played Greywolf's Firepower. At CAX 2 years ago. It's what made me go out and find my own. Thanks Greywolf! You're FP rocks!

Mike

1 week later
#97 10 years ago
Quoted from J_Cutler:

Mine is set at 6.5 as recommended. Flippers rebuilt also new flipper button switches. Plenty of power to reach the kickout, of course the shot has a be a good one. Never checked the flipper coil voltage. Haven't learned how to do this yet. Anybody want to enlighten me on how this is done?. Settings for MM and such.. Mine are lined up to the flipper setting hole with the rubbers on. Is that wrong?

I always thought FP was supposed to be at a flatter angle than 6.5. I could be wrong. It's easy to check voltage at your flippers. You'll need a multi-meter. Set it for DC volts at a setting above what you're planning on testing. In this case the setting above 40 vdc. Which on most meters is 100vdc. Slide the black lead under a ground strap somewhere nearby, and with the power on (and the coin door closed on newer games) touch the red lead to the terminals on the flipper coil. Read the meter. That simple.

I just got my FP up and running the other day, and was planning on selling it along with my BK. Not anymore. I forgot how much fun these 2 classics are! Even the wife said "keep them both". Great games!

Mike

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from J_Cutler:

Which is correct for Firepower... Everybody says to set EOS switches to 1/8" gap. The Williams Flipper Maintenance manual says adjust EOS to 3/32". Which is correct or what have you guys found is best?
Also is there a listing somewhere that tells the coil sleeve lengths to use on the rest of the coils in firepower beside the flipper coils?
Sorry about being a pain, but I'm a newbie to all this.. I'm sure my questions are all pretty mundane to the rest of you guys..
Jack

I always set mine to 1/8". Seems to be the magic number. It's pretty critical though--just a slight adjustment can make a big difference in flipper performance.

Mike

1 week later
#115 10 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Yup. Love Firepower. To change things up I recently rubberbanded the upper left gate to allow full orbits from a hard plunge or an outer right shot.

Firepower 1.JPG 231 KB

Firepower 2.JPG 189 KB

Firepower 3.JPG 128 KB

Fantistic photography! Did you take these shots?

Mike

1 week later
#143 9 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

Just added firepower to my list of games. Ive always wanted to own one.
Just on the big hunt for a perfect playfield now. I have a feeling its going to take quite a long while to find it.

Glad you found one. I just finished mine a couple of weeks ago. Was getting ready to sell it and the wife and I played a few games. We're keeping this baby now. Such a fun game!

Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider papazit1963.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club?tu=papazit1963 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.