IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
20240331_125550 (resized).jpg
20240331_125530 (resized).jpg
IMG_7728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7727 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7644242_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240317_201138 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider packie1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1303 7 years ago

Question...I have a Firepower 2 and it works fine. I can't seem to figure out why the score displays scroll all the time. I know it's suppose to when you have a ball locked, but this happens from the start. I thought that I had read somewhere on another Williams game, that you could turn that feature on or off.

Any help or ideas?
Mike

#1308 7 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

My Firepower II displays did the same thing, scrolling continuously...it is not a setting. You need to look at the hi voltage section of the power supply. One of my 2 100v caps was only giving around 50v. Since the traces were coming away from the board I just put in a new XPIN power supply which solved the problem. I'm very sure replaceing the 100v caps would have worked.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-bulletproofing-williams-system-6/page/2#post-957584

Thanks I will check those caps. I am sure it is not an issue with the MPU as I recently replaced it and the display driver with a Rottendog combo board. The scrolling continued with the new board.
Mike

#1313 7 years ago
Quoted from browne92:

Look again. Is it scrolling (Characters stepping from left to right) or strobing (characters staying in position, but being displayed left to right)? If it's strobing, it's the bad caps. They're not filtering anymore, so you have the high voltage DC pulsing and it's arguing with the strobe rate of the display circuits.
Best of luck.

Yes they are strobing as you see the score but the entire display runs from left to right with the score there. It's a Bitch on the credits and ball in play trying to setup as you can only see one of the numbers at a time. Audit #12 shows as 1 ....then 2... then 1...then 2.

3 months later
#1487 6 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

I successfully added speech to my Firepower 2 tonight! I love it!
In case anyone attempts this in the future...
I used a new speech board from pinballpcb (With original firepower roms):
http://www.pinballpcb.com/SpeechBoard.html
My sound board did not have the 40(?) pin connector but had the mounting holes for it. I asked the guys at pinballpcb if they carried those connectors and they included one with my order.
once I got the connector and speech board installed it didn't work, some research showed I needed to cut the W1 jumper (its actually a 0 ohm resistor)
Then I flipped switch #2 on top of the sound board and that enabled speech. (the one closer to the edge of the board)

Do the sounds and speech make sense during gameplay? I have always toyed with the idea, but never followed through. Can you post a quick video of gamplay?
Mike

#1501 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

» YouTube video
I shot this video tonight with speech added. I did not hit the extra game over bonus, or light 5x bonus or hit the extra ball ramp shot when lit either. Tough game at times but keeps you coming back for more. Also the speech at game over varies...

Thanks for posting...has me searching ebay for a speech board.

3 months later
#1733 6 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

Fellas, I have 98% LEDs on my FP, with just a few that were left incandescent by the previous owner. What I want to know is, how do I tell what the ones that are there are to get more just like them? For instance, targets 1-5 are all LED, and 6 is incandescent. I'd like to just get another LED...but I'm not sure how to decipher what kind I need.

i'd post a pic of the bulb Lit and unlit. Someone on here will chime in quickly.
Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 22.50
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider packie1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club?tu=packie1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.