IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
20240331_125550 (resized).jpg
20240331_125530 (resized).jpg
IMG_7728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7727 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7644242_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240317_201138 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2014 6 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

Does anyone have any information on the custom FP ROMs that a guy named Scott does that have been talked about on the Slam Tilt Podcast?
-Steve

I’m running Scott’s software on my Firepower at TPF right now. Giving it a serious burn in.

9E029CBB-32A4-463F-9403-2AE20C557649 (resized).jpeg9E029CBB-32A4-463F-9403-2AE20C557649 (resized).jpeg
678339DA-D61C-4B65-BE1E-85CF614EFB50 (resized).jpeg678339DA-D61C-4B65-BE1E-85CF614EFB50 (resized).jpeg

4F7D5FC4-8C8B-49AC-B0DD-EE5651E81B46 (resized).jpeg4F7D5FC4-8C8B-49AC-B0DD-EE5651E81B46 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#2050 6 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Has any one removed the gate at the top left?

I took the gate off for TPF. I really like it....have to soft plunge to get FIRE and the orbit is cool.

But many players at TPF were plunging too hard and the ball would orbit through the spinner and drain. That's frustrating. I think I'll design a controlled gate that will be closed for a few seconds after plunge, then stay open until another ball is served.

1 week later
#2066 5 years ago

Playfield angle and EOS switch play a *huge* part in hitting the top lock. I switched to WPC mechs as well, which was an improvement, but was still only hitting the lock about 25% of the time. Coil wiring is fine and EOS switch is new. Flippers feel strong.

My playfield angle was 6.1 degrees, I believe. If I dropped it down to 5.8 degrees my success ratio went up to about 75%. There could be other factors in there as well, such as non-clearcoated playfield, raised arrow inserts, minor deflection from ball guides, but most of the time I could hit the lock.

I tweaked my EOS switch so it barely opens now and I'm able to hit the lock fairly consistently at 5.9 degrees.

#2071 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

take care. I gapped my highspeed and pinbot too close and it caused the coils to overheat. they are now gapped about 1/8" and they have been good since.

Yeah I don't like gapping them that close. I don't worry about heat so much since it won't get continuous play, but I do worry about the adjustment drifting and the switch never opening.

1 month later
#2130 5 years ago
Quoted from Joydivision:

The thin white mask is exactly what I wasn’t happy with. Whether using leds & incandescent globes their was the distracting pinpointing as a result.
To address the pinpointing from the globes (I have used incandescent globes) you need to install condoms on all the globes. Looks fine then. Only thing is it dims the brightness of the backglass overall a bit.

Try these and paint the tops white.

http://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=2SMD

Always worked for me to spread the light evenly and avoid spotting.

1 week later
#2152 5 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Completely agree, and the frosted ones look fantastic in my eyes. Just a hair sharper, giving it a hair more modern look, and taking a bit of the old and yellow look away.

I used 1 SMD ice blue under the blue inserts. They usually look washed out with white or warm white LEDs and some think blue LEDs under them makes them too dark.

The ice blue gives you a nice, beautiful sky blue. Very pleasing to the eyes.

3 months later
#2363 5 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

* I added 1smd sunlight lighting to the backbox to reduce the heat / load on the GI, but even 1smd seems a little bright for for Firepower. Maybe color matched will work better in this case.

Quoted from vid1900:

Not every backbox socket needs a bulb with LEDs, often you can skip 1/3 of them
Even a 1smd is a lot of light for a backbox, you might consider some regular LEDs to further dim it down

I use these in the backbox in most games.

https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smd.htm

Paint the tops white (or color match if you prefer) to avoid spotting. The faceted lenses spread the light nicely. And Vid's right, with these you don't need them in every socket.

1 week later
#2394 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

If that wire gate correctly oriented ?
Or does the protruding piece point toward the wall?
[quoted image]

That gate is different from mine, but for that type of gate it's the correct orientation.

#2417 5 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Some guy added 2 plastic ramps to his Firepower!

What ramps? All I saw were the red pop bumper bodies.

1 week later
#2431 5 years ago
Quoted from RazorV23:

Anyone seen this before? New to me FP, has a few issues I knew about prior to buying (mainly blowing 2.5a solenoid fuse) but this new to me, ball will not fit down lane.
[quoted image]

Oversized ball?

1 month later
#2552 5 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

Wow, how has everyone been here? I've been away working on my old Apple computers...noticed some incidental Apple talk here!

Just got a CFFA3000 for my //e. Something to play around with this winter.

2 months later
#2709 5 years ago
Quoted from erichill:

Pitched at 6.5 degrees.

There's your problem right there. After rebuilding my flippers with WPC mechs and new System 6 coils I was still unable to hit the top lock more than 50% of the time at 6.0 degrees. I found I had to drop it to 5.8 degrees to get a 90% or better consistency.

The direction I went was to add a System 9 50-volt transformer and use the higher power WPC flipper coils. No problems hitting the lock now at 6+ degrees.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club?tu=dothedoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.