IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
20240331_125550 (resized).jpg
20240331_125530 (resized).jpg
IMG_7728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7727 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7644242_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240317_201138 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bernieberg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3135 4 years ago

How tall are the correct legs on a Firepower? Mine are 28.5" (chrome, non ribbed), but my Firepower lockbar sits at about 68.5" off the ground, even with the front levelers all the way down, and it feels pretty high. Is this the correct height for this era of machine?

This site tells me that they should be 27"

https://www.flippers.be/basics/101_pinball_leg_length.html

But other sites have conflicting information.

Thanks!
--
bernie

#3138 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

The correct length is 28.5" just like black knight

Thanks, I must have the correct legs then. It just seems like my lockbar is very high (about 68.5"). But maybe that is normal for this era. I don't have anything else to compare it to besides more modern games, and they are about 2 inches lower.

Could someone confirm how tall their lockbar is on their firepower (or similar era game)? Just so I can quit thinking about it.

Thanks!
--
bernie

#3140 4 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

I really hope you mean like 38.5" cause 68.5" is over 5' and that's just way too tall. all my machines are around 36-37"

Ha, yes I mean 38.5". I mis typed that in two posts...

4 weeks later
#3188 4 years ago
Quoted from CanadianPinball:

This showed up today[quoted image][quoted image]

Is it really a firepower without cupped and raised inserts though? JK, looks awesome.

#3194 4 years ago

Local bar has a couple playfield coffee tables. One is a Firepower.

20191220_212359 (resized).jpg20191220_212359 (resized).jpg
#3197 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Nice. Did they light them?

No, that would have been pretty cool if they were.

1 week later
#3214 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Hey all, I bought new cliffy metal lanes for my firepower. Anyone know any tricks to get the posts out of the old ones without damaging them too much? Thanks!

I used a file. It worked pretty good, but it scraped the old ones up, if you care about that.

On another note, if I screw the top of my replacement left lane guide down, the ball won't fit in the outline. I have to unscrew it a little and lift it up. I would be curious to know if you have the same issue with your new lane guide.

--
bernie

2 months later
#3342 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

My lane change (1-4) stopped working. The switch under the right flipper is making contact and cleaned, all wires on the switch have been spliced and resoldered, the diode on the switch was replaced, the diodes under the 1-4 lights have been checked and the flipper button switches have been cleaned. I'm guessing there is something faulty with the board. Any suggestions?

Are any other switches not working in the same row or column in the matrix?

https://www.pinitech.com/switch_database.php?name=Williams_Firepower

Reseating the connections on the board for the switches has fixed issues for me when I realised an entire row is out.

#3348 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Resistor R150 at the bottom is a little crispy as well. Not sure if it would cause this problem[quoted image]

Make sure not only your connectors are making good contact by reseating them, but also that the wires are actually seated in the connector well. I have had to sort of resseat the wires even. Beyond that I do not know.

#3363 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I have a problem where the ball drains and then occasionally comes out the shooter lane as if it didn't drain and I got an extra ball (sympathy ball). I'm assuming it's not suppose to do that. I checked the 3 trough switches and they appeared in good order.

Mine will also do this. Haven't seen any rhyme or reason to it.

11 months later
#3956 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Anyone get a twitch notification yesterday for Firepower?...went to the site, but couldn't find it...

Jack played a couple games. But then he blew a fuse and didn't have a replacement.

He said it was an all original very low play example. It looked 9/10. I was surprised that the inserts weren't cupped even for a low play machine.

1 month later
#4002 2 years ago
Quoted from sparksterz:

Agreed. I tackled this on a playfield swap for my Gorgar. Makes it really snappy. great improvement. For FirePower how do you manage the lane change? IIRC last time I looked at the underside of my playfield I thought I saw it as a switch on the flipper mechanism instead of by the flipper as I would have expected.

I upgraded the flippers in my firepower per the Vid guide. If I remember correctly I reused the old leaf switch on my new flipper mechs in order to get the lane switching to work right. Or at least that was the quickest fix in the moment with the parts I had. Works great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bernieberg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club?tu=bernieberg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.