IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
20240331_125550 (resized).jpg
20240331_125530 (resized).jpg
IMG_7728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7727 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7644242_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240317_201138 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beatmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#258 9 years ago

might join the club in a week or two, got my eyes on a firepower.

always loved the sound effect in that game.

1 week later
#276 9 years ago

i'm part of the club since yesterday.

got some work to do on the playfield, inserts, touch up and i will re-clear the playfield when done.

i'm also going to do a mod or two (nice little things) for this machine i'll let everyone know when i'm done.

firepower1.JPGfirepower1.JPG firepower.JPGfirepower.JPG
#277 9 years ago

there you go! just made this last night, free play & instructions card.

bob.

Firepower Score Cards (free play).jpgFirepower Score Cards (free play).jpg Firepower Score Cards (instructions).jpgFirepower Score Cards (instructions).jpg
1 month later
#289 9 years ago
Quoted from mwiz:

Is this normal? There is a nail beside the I on my Firepower I just got.

20150331_174254.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

i'd remove that. there is none on mine.

11 months later
#621 8 years ago
Quoted from BriPin:

Did you get it from mayfair? That's where I got mine at Pintastic.

It does!

i'd like to know too.

#624 8 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

Yup, got it from Mayfair as well. You can contact Steve at [email protected]. Mine was around $300 USD give or take. I think it was a package deal as we bought a couple of backglasses at the same time and made arrangements to pick them up at one of the shows.
Just keep in mind that the colours don't 100% match the original. I can post pictures if you like. With the right LEDs in the right spots the backglass just pops!
Beatmaster, unfortunately you will be taking a pretty big hit with the exchange rate right now but that's life. You can always wait it out!
DZ.

thanks for the info.
yes, i can always wait a little bit, seems like they always have them in stock.

#629 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

That looks better than I thought it would turn out! Looks nice!

i agree, i think it looks pretty damn good, now i want to get one.... damn dollars

2 months later
#752 7 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

That looks an awful lot like the reproduction backglass that I bought from Mayfair but I can't be certain. I just realized how much thicker and heavier the original glass is!
Sorry about the crappy pictures!
Original glass below

Reproduction glass below

yeah, the mayfair one have more yellow from what i remember but i'd still buy one since there's nothing outhere.

i'm curious what was your final price for a canadian? you can shoot me a pm.

3 months later
#898 7 years ago
Quoted from kuelman:

If they made another run of plastics I would be in for sure.

+2 that'd be sweet.

#955 7 years ago

not sure but i think free play is (adjustment 18 = 0).

did not tried on my game it's all in pieces for restoration.

4 months later
#1208 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All done! These are comet 5050 smd bulbs. Frosted warm white. Everywhere. Inserts and GI.

nice back glass.
i dunno what's holding me from buying a repro.

#1211 7 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

The damn exchange rate, that's what's stopping you! ..

yeah, with exchange rate and shipping it will be close to $450, damn!

but knowing me when i'll get back to my restoration, i'll probably get one.
i'm going to have a one of a king airbrushed cabinet so i'll be crazy if i don't get one.

#1216 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I didn't know they were so regularly beat up. I thought mine was pretty bad. Haha

most of them look like crap, just took a picture of mine

firepower BG (resized).jpgfirepower BG (resized).jpg

#1217 7 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

$$$ stops me. Can't justify $250 on that now.

you know waaaaaaaaant it!

#1223 7 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

Yours isn't all that bad! Here's my original, looked pretty awful when it was lit up:

Who has the worst backglass? Post them up!

damn, ok you win.

mine looks like somebody had fun with the testor paint kit

4 weeks later
#1269 7 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

Anyone know where to find the original, OEM-style pop bumper mylar? I'd like to use this on the play field when it is finished.

you mean around the pop bumper to put on the playfield?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-MFC

#1283 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

After owning a CPR Firepower for two years, I *finally* got all the parts together, printed out the instructions, and gathered about 15 hours of time, and installed drops on my Firepower this week, and booted it up tonight. Zero adjustments were required on first game.
I promise a full write up with pics but *when* I'll make time for it, I don't know. I've got to put some games on this thing.
I'm... speechless.
-mof

Damn that's cool. i need to know as well since i just started my restoration, might as well do this at the same time.

a cool video would be nice also.

#1286 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Thanks for the congrats fellas...
First observations after an hour of play:
1. "It plays slower with drops" is a myth, not sure why someone would start or reinforce it -- I could stop here.
2. When 2 drops are down, it of course plays faster than standups when you brick into a rubber
3. You frequently catch 2 at a time, which is really cool -- haven't seen a richochet of a 3 sweep yet
4. You can catch an edge to drop the one you need, which is really cool
5. It feels good to play drops (that's subjective to what I love in pinball)
6. You get the "thunk" of the 70's drops resetting, and that's a good feeling
7. You can "kiss" one with a slow-roll and it will drop and it's cool
...It is (like standups) that one bank will reset after you've earned them all -- so sometimes the User-Experience of the drops (being reset) and the controlled lamps (being out) are out of sync. That little oddity is well worth all the plusses.
-mof

sounds like a much better game.

can you make a quick run down of what we need for this so i can get everything ready, i have a pretty good idea just want to make sure i don't forget anything. also curious where the coil is connected.

thanks, bob.

#1288 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

You be the judge...
-mof
» YouTube video

thanks for the video man, drops look like a lot of fun to play.
really love the orbit shot now.

... man you make a great homer simpson impression i laugh my ass off....

#1295 7 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

There's just something about knocking down targets and seeing and hearing them reset that's satisfying. I might start looking for parts at some point!

i agree, that's why i got to have them. i love drops.

#1296 7 years ago

anyone remember the price of the firepower back glass at mayfair amusement. i know it's probably here somewhere in this thread... can't find it.

#1300 7 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

i paid 250 about 3 years ago, i picked it up at pinfest, i emailed him and he had it waiting for me.

Quoted from dzorbas:

I paid him $300 USD last year for the glass and the trim kit. I had someone pick it up at the York show in Pennsylvania for me. That's the best way to get it. I would hate to have it shipped and have it arrive broken!

thanks guys, i suppose they know how to ship a backglass.

1 week later
#1318 7 years ago

if i remember correctly, it wasn't easy for CPR to get/find the inserts for that playfield, maybe that's one of the reason.

#1321 7 years ago
Quoted from ApplePie:

So I was faced with pretty much the same situation with my firepower project and decided to give the "sand it and paint it" route a shot. Holy cow that's a pile of work! I screwed up my first attempt so I had the privilege of doing it a second time. It's out for clear coat now, fingers crossed everything comes out fine!
This route is one option, if you enjoy a challenge and recognize that the end result won't be exactly as original or look like a CPR Gold. (For some reason my pics are all posted in reverse order, whoops). One day soon I will start a separate thread for my project so any of you firepower addicts can follow along

oh man, double thumbs up on this, very very well done.

#1329 7 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

So I've started cleaning the FP machine I inherited from my in-laws. I'm not having to do too much to it but there is some warping in the plastics. The graphics are fine but the slingshot plastics are bowed.
Does anyone know if this can be corrected without ruining the graphics? I've been thinking hair drier to heat and a big heavy book to flatten.
Any suggestions or ideas will be appreciated.

you can leave it under the sun between pieces of glass.
put them in the oven.
use a heat gun, this is what i do, take your time, don't melt the plastics, you'll see them go flat when it's hot enough.

#1338 7 years ago

what is the difference between regular roms and the deluxe roms?

#1340 7 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Deluxe rules only work on system 7 CPU they introduce 4 new modes as well as a 5k spinner reward within the first min of playtime. Check the link below this posting. It has made a great game even more challenging. I will never go back to the original rom, the game is so much better now!
http://www.pinball4you.ch/okaegi/pro_softfirepowerdeluxe.html

thanks for the infos and the link.

4 months later
#1522 6 years ago

man, i'd be in for a new backglass. i'm still on the fence buying one from mayfair since it's the only one outhere and i know they are not perfect.

#1524 6 years ago
Quoted from kuelman:

My current backglass is the dark red color. I think the lighter red is too bright. Most Firepowers I have seen have had the darker red. I vote dark red.

i agree with that, dark red lit from behind will look much better. lighter one will look orange/pink.

1 week later
#1558 6 years ago

took a look a my backglass, it's dark red. i'd be in for a new dark red for sure.

1 week later
#1580 6 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Does anyone have a good copy of the inserts so I can print some waterslide overlays for my replacement inserts? I have a feeling there's a sheet featuring all the insert printing but I can't find one.

check your pm

2 months later
#1678 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

CPR has a re-run of plastics now listed as available on their website.
Get 'em while they're hot!
http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-plastics.html

thanks for the infos, just ordered one for my restoration.

1 week later
#1692 6 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

I ordered my plastics set last week and have had zero communication from CPR. Is that normal? I followed their ordering procedure for Paypal to the letter and received a transfer confirmation from Paypal. Do I just expect the package to show up "eventually"? Anyone have experience with this? I know its coming from Canada but I would expect something saying "we got your order".

ordered from day one, same here, not surprised, it's how they do business.

#1698 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

ordered from day one, same here, not surprised, it's how they do business.

funny thing, we had to talk about it, received an e-mail from ups with tracking # today. it should be here wednesday.

i guess the other customers should follow in the next few days.

#1700 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

funny thing, we had to talk about it, received an e-mail from ups with tracking # today. it should be here wednesday.
i guess the other customers should follow in the next few days.

it's here!

Firepower plastic delivered (resized).JPGFirepower plastic delivered (resized).JPG

#1702 6 years ago

they look pretty damn good.

old on top (obviously).

Firepower cpr old vs new (resized).JPGFirepower cpr old vs new (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1725 6 years ago

Good idea to save them, i did that a few years ago.

1 week later
#1739 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We are happy to announce that the Firepower replacement backglasses are now available - super high quality, mirrored, etc (same supplier who did that EBD V2, Space Shuttle V2, Gorgar, Blackout, Alien Power, Kiss, Flash, etc) ...
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-08-7227-FIREPOW-V2&Store_Code=PP
Note that one thing that I learned was the debate over the red - which was designed to light up a lighter red vs when off. Seems that some of the bootleg repros out there could not figure that out so the glass that you see is the lighter red, which is not correct ...
Anyways, enjoy, they are in stock now!
[email protected]

thank you for this, just ordered one.

1 week later
#1788 6 years ago

so, got my new backglass today from pps.

so disappointed, the red color if we can call it that, the chrome, bleeding... i feel like i was sent a test backglass, i look @masspinballfan's backglass and it looks much better/darker although i can see the chrome in the lower part doesn't look that great, the problem with mine is it's like that (chrome) all around.
sent a few pics to Rick to see if this can be fixed.

heres what i received's, is it a dark red, light red, pink or burgundy... let's see.

firepower bacglass looks pink:burgundy (resized).JPGfirepower bacglass looks pink:burgundy (resized).JPG
firepower bacglass looks pink:burgundy4 (resized).JPGfirepower bacglass looks pink:burgundy4 (resized).JPG
firepower bacglass looks pink:burgundy2 (resized).JPGfirepower bacglass looks pink:burgundy2 (resized).JPG
firepower bacglass looks pink:burgundy3 (resized).JPGfirepower bacglass looks pink:burgundy3 (resized).JPG

#1794 6 years ago

All i can say is, i'm impressed problem fixed in less than an hour.

I knew right out of the box there was something wrong, contacted Rick and he made it right.
thanks to Outsidedge for the fast reply, that's great customer service right there people.

i'll be waiting for the good glass. you guys rock!

1 week later
#1797 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

All i can say is, i'm impressed problem fixed in less than an hour.
I knew right out of the box there was something wrong, contacted Rick and he made it right.
thanks to Outsidedge for the fast reply, that's great customer service right there people.
i'll be waiting for the good glass. you guys rock!

Received the replacement backglass today, a lot faster this time, impressive (it's the holidays).

Again, thanks to Rick, Bruce, David and everyone involved.
Amazing customer service, super fast communication and solution.

And i gotta say, it's night and day compare to the first one i received.

buy with confidence people!

firepower replacement backglass (resized).JPGfirepower replacement backglass (resized).JPG

#1804 6 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

I don't care what this guy has in this machine, he is insane for asking this:
ebay.com link » Awesome Firepower Pinball 1980 Machine By Williams New Cpr Playfield

crazy! he's not targeting people like us or maybe someone with more money than common sense.

at this price at least try to find a better door.

#1809 6 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

Guys, does anyone know of a source of the two rubber cushions the the playfield glass upper rear surface rests up on? I am going to have that piece of metal re-chromed, and I want to replace the rubber as well.

not sure exactly but i think that's what you are looking for;

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=grommet

#1814 6 years ago

i agree, no matter how hard you polish it you'd still see imperfection but it would be clean.

#1824 6 years ago

look for chrome wrap film on e-bay or amazon

#1833 6 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

Anyone have a source for the aluminum coil sleeve in the ball return kicker, part # 2A-2167-4?

here, but i'd probably go nylon too.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=2A-2167-4&S_CAT1=PFLD-CSLEEVE

1 week later
#1873 6 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

There are still two options for backglasses. You can get them from Planetary or Mayfair. Mine is from Mayfair, not sure what he has left in stock...

i'd be curious to see them side by side.

1 week later
#1894 6 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Does anyone have an old Firepower playfield from a swap they've done? Mirco has the original art for the playfield but would need an actual playfield for color and mechanical reference.

i hope they find one, i'd be in.

1 week later
#1982 6 years ago

since i'm in the middle of my restoration, might as well make some new instructions/free play cards.

there you go guys.

Firepower free play card (final) (resized).jpgFirepower free play card (final) (resized).jpg

Firepower Instructions card (final) (resized).jpgFirepower Instructions card (final) (resized).jpg

3 months later
#2126 5 years ago
Quoted from Lido:

Has anyone (besides me) picked up the new(er) Firepower reproduction backglass? Marco and PPS have/had them. The colors and mirroring look good, but the artwork or printing, on mine at least, isn't quite perfect. It will probably look good enough when it's in the game and you're a few feet away though.

it's pretty bad, i don't understand why it got shipped.

1 month later
#2174 5 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I hate IDC's. First thing I do is change every single one. Nothing like chasing ghost issues because of wonky connectors.
I'm not understanding why y'all cut the wires in half though? Wire to short?

Travish, how do you like the rottendog mpu so far?

2 weeks later
2 months later
#2413 5 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Hey,
Not a member (yet) but I just saw this video added a month ago...
Some guy added 2 plastic ramps to his Firepower! This is kind of a whacky mod, wouldn’t ya say?

looks cool but at the same time clunky.

1 month later
#2496 5 years ago

i really like what you did to hold the cabinet, looking good.

3 months later
#2721 5 years ago
Quoted from funknflow:

it was about $450 shipped to my door. It has 100% compatibility with system 3-7 games. Also keep in mind it's a MPU / Driver / Sound combo

any link for this and infos. thanks.

10 months later
#3193 4 years ago
Quoted from BriPin:

Well, I've received it and I'm not too happy about the crazing on many of the inserts. CanadianPinball Do you have similar issues? Do you guys think this is acceptable for costing almost $1,000?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wow $1,150 for a firepower playfield, seriously?
i was hoping for a new run for my restoration but c'mon at that price it's gotta be perfection.

i still can't believe the price. i'm crazy but not that crazy.

2 weeks later
3 weeks later
#3286 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Would someone be able to confirm the type of screw that goes in the pop bumper caps. I thought I took a pic of it before putting every screw on the game in evaporust and tumbler but apparently I didn’t....
Just need a pic of it if someone could[quoted image]

https://www.pinballlife.com/bumper-cap-screws.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beatmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club?tu=beatmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.