IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
20240331_125550 (resized).jpg
20240331_125530 (resized).jpg
IMG_7728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7727 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7644242_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240317_201138 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider airplanequartet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3050 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

rlbohon3 Was your FP the incredibly nice original in the "back section" (IIRC by the Getaway and TMNT) With the flickering fire bulbs in the backbox (an idea I promptly and shamelessly borrowed, haha)? I think you've had it there in previous years; it's a highlight I always make sure to play a few times... always nice to see a FP with original flat (not starburst) inserts, and yours plays sooooo well it shames me to keep mine tuned up to snuff
Would love to get to Pincinnati. Unfortunately as I told Erik, that's a brutal time of year for me: not only does Thanksgiving typically require a Chicago trip, both my kids' birthdays flank the holiday at opposite ends only a week apart and they're too old to share now, so... along with surviving the holiday, I get to host two separate bday parties, ugh. But I just realized Pinci is ahead of T/G this year so... maaaaybe I can escape to swing a day?!
Thanks for the compliments on my BadCats. My kids put a lot of work into it and them being interviewed for TV about it was a highlight they (and I) won't forget
I have to admit, tuning the kickout for a free orbit shot is tempting, but I think I'll keep my FP kickout the way it's configured

I never became too old for a split birthday... and to add insult to injury, my brother was always the same age as me for 1 week per year.

1 week later
#3057 4 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

Hi Firepower members! I wanted to let you know we are getting back up to speed with Hardtop production slowly. We have 2 in stock ready to ship if anyone has an interest. Since we will not be going live on our site for a bit yet... just PM me with your email address, ship to address and name. Cost is still 298.00
Thanks!

How do you accommodate the star rollovers with the hard top?

1 week later
#3077 4 years ago

My Firepower started acting weird mid-game yesterday, symptoms make me believe it should be an easy fix but I don’t know where to start looking. I pulled the glass off and found three things that aren’t working correctly.

The lane change stopped working for the “fire” lanes.
The left saucer isn’t kicking out the ball
The star rollover into the left saucer isn’t registering

Also, the center target above the pops isn’t registering but I think that’s just an adjustment problem.

Does anyone know if these issues are related to a single board problem? Since all three happened simultaneously, leads me to believe they are related.

Any help would be appreciated

#3080 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Does the top center and the "4" targets work?
If not, you have a problem with row 5. Might be wiring, might be driver board issue.
If they do, you probably have a broken White w/Green switch matrix wire. Trace it from switch to switch and give a gentile tug on the wires to see if one is broken along the path.

By “4” targets do mean ‘fire’ targets?

#3083 4 years ago

The white green switch matrix makes sense but some of the items on that row are working. Sorry for the newbie questions but, does the switch matrix translate to the boards in some way so connections and circuits can be identified? I tried reseating all my connectors but that had no effect. I tried tracing the wiring and cannot find a broken connection. Of the items on that row of the switch matrix the “4” and the lower right stand up work but the lane change, left saucer rollover, saucer switch and the lane changes don’t work.

With them all stopping together it would make sense to me that the issue is connected in some way. Any suggestions for next steps? I’m going to go and chase wiring again to double check

Thanks for the direction so far, it has created some good learning.

#3086 4 years ago

Well, I cannot find a loose wire, I’m stuck at this point, I guess it’s time for some professional help. Bummer, it seems like I should have been able to figure it out.

#3088 4 years ago

I’ll try that...

#3089 4 years ago

I think I figured it out, I have a broken connection between the star rollover and the “4” target. Can I just run a jumper or should I pull that wire out of the bundle? I’m thinking a jumper between the two should do it. I have continuity both sides of that, (from the four to the board and from the star rollover to the center target). The one thing I don’t see how to check is the lane change with the right flipper. Hopefully fixing the broken connection will make that work. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot that part of the circuit?

#3091 4 years ago

Fixed! Thanks for the help, especially Schwaggs, it was a wire the wasn’t disconnected but must have been broken somewhere and not visible. A lot of the wiring take some big direction changes, after 40 years of vibrating around I’m surprised I don’t have more jumpered wiring under the play field. Now back to trying to roll over the score...

5 months later
#3397 4 years ago

I got this error code when I last turned on my game

DF52E1A3-28F3-422A-AFCC-4A4E1B515CD0 (resized).jpegDF52E1A3-28F3-422A-AFCC-4A4E1B515CD0 (resized).jpeg
#3399 4 years ago

Also got 1497

1 week later
#3433 4 years ago

I replaced the 5101 and get the same error...

E1B9CF9E-8828-4EC9-8284-B98E3D99F805 (resized).jpegE1B9CF9E-8828-4EC9-8284-B98E3D99F805 (resized).jpeg
#3434 4 years ago

Should I try to replace the socket?

6 months later
#3809 3 years ago

My firepower just started having a sound problem, the background sound doesn’t come on and it keeps making the tilt sound without a tilt, just tilt sound after tilt sound. It seems to be playing correctly otherwise. Any ideas on where to start?

#3813 3 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions, I’ll dig in this weekend

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider airplanequartet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club?tu=airplanequartet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.