IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
20240331_125550 (resized).jpg
20240331_125530 (resized).jpg
IMG_7728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7727 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7644242_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240317_201138 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adjustfailure.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2748 5 years ago

Hello - my original Firepower back glass looks good with the back lighting off, but when powered up and lit, it it is crackly and splitting with gaps all over.

I have done some touching up with acrylic paints but it still looks kind of nasty when lit up.

Rather than try further restoring, I wondered what advice or experiences on best source for a (mirrored) Firepower back glass replacement/reproduction?

2 weeks later
#2790 5 years ago

Hoping to hear from Firepower owners, I am trying to trouble shoot a continuous hum on the audio output.

The hum is not a big deal normally but since I have hooked up to external speakers and a powered sub woofer it is quite annoying.

On power up, does your machine make a short buzzy blurb sound for about one second then tapers off to a milder ongoing hum?

I have checked the grounding etc on the sound board, but am wondering if all Firepower machines have this same audio characteristic?

#2792 5 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

dried out filter caps

Thanks for the advice, Budwin! Sorry to be so basic but looking at the sound board layout diagram, there appears to be 34 capacitors of different types on the sound board ... so which ones are the filter capacitors, and are there a few that would most likely be suspect in creating hum, and need to be replaced first?

#2794 5 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

C27, C26, C25, C15, C14

Bud

Thank you so much. I will source those parts and install, looking forward to getting rid of that annoying hum!

#2796 5 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Great Plains Electronics sells them in kit form for $6.

Thanks for the tip ... GPE was out of stock today, but I was able to order the individual parts from ARROWNAC.COM for less than $8
including Free Shipping to Canada which is pretty sweet.

I have been impressed with Arrow's ability to ship for free to Canada via FedEx and the range of components and pricing they offer.

#2810 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I have the rottendog board and the game keeps “shorting out” it seems. I know about the problem where the metal tabs can contact the board, and it is certainly not that, but it is the exact same effect.

Mine with Rottendog was dropping randomly into "GAME OVER", it was a bad connection on the 5V supply to the board back at the power supply. Once corrected the problem went away. I forget the connector and pin involved but it was the power to the MPU board, not the board itself. Perhaps ensure all connectors that are supposed to provide 5V are good at all connection points. Just a suggestion.

1 week later
#2830 5 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

I can't think what else to check. Anyone have an idea?

Not to belabor the obvious, but the electrolytic capacitors have polarity so you have to ensure they are installed with same polarity as the originals.
I figure you knew that already but that is the only thing I can think of ....

Oh yeah, make sure you did not bump the two dip switches from their proper positions. Since it is next to a connector it is easy to do accidentally
and then your sound board doesn't work properly.

#2834 5 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Which positions should they be in for regular sounds and speech?

Top switch is 2 should be ON which is pushed to the left, bottom switch is 1 should be OFF which is pushed to the right.

At least that is how it is configured on my sound card, which is a standard Williams sound card. If switched opposite
one switch turns off the speech, and the other changes the sound effects to door chimes that sound really bad.

#2839 5 years ago

I was curious after reading that some Firepower machines had MDF wall paneling for the cabinet bottom,
so I crawled underneath to have a look.

It turns out my Firepower has the "ornate" rec room paneling as the cabinet bottom .... does that make it a rare find?

Seems quite bizarre they would use this material in the factory to build a pinball machine.

IMG_6395 (resized).JPGIMG_6395 (resized).JPGIMG_6396 (resized).JPGIMG_6396 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#2851 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

resetting consistently when I hit both flippers

Just to figure out if it is the same symptom I had -- when you say "resetting" when you hit both flippers does it instantly go into GAME OVER attract mode, but the sound effects continue on ...? If it is doing specifically that, I was told to check the 5V DC going to the MPU, so I cleaned and reseated that power supply connector and the problem went away.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
$ 22.50
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adjustfailure.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club?tu=adjustfailure and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.