IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
20240331_125550 (resized).jpg
20240331_125530 (resized).jpg
IMG_7728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7727 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7644242_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240317_201138 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Xtraball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

Had a Firepower, sold it, got another. The only way I let it go is if a nicer one comes along. Love everything about Firepower, especially the sounds.

4 months later
#81 10 years ago

That stand up always scores 1000. The 10k, 30k and 50k inserts are not involved with it. They're located near there making the player think they're related but are based on achieving the 1-6 targets and the power targets. Take the glass off and try it. Hope I'm reading your question correctly. Firepower is simply classic, in your face pinball!

#84 10 years ago

Well no wonder why it kicks my arse all he time!

1 year later
#383 8 years ago

J_Cutler: Option 34 also controls when you can lite the Extra Ball feature. You need to pick either 10, 11 or 12

1 year later
#1009 7 years ago

Setzkor and 3rdaxis, check out the 1 on the right inlane.

#1012 7 years ago

Compare the "1" on the right inlane to the left inlane. Completely opposite each other. The playfield shown in the flyer for the game on the IPDB shows it too. Never noticed it before.

3 months later
#1237 7 years ago

Depends on your setting in the settings menu.

1 year later
#2377 5 years ago

With the Williams board, 2 balls in the trough and one in the shooter lane will work too.

3 months later
#2635 5 years ago

I too have been playing with the gate removed and I like how it makes the game more difficult. I’ve never experienced the situation you describe but I try not to plunge the ball so hard because it will drain through the flippers. Later on when I get home I’ll give it a try and see what happens.

7 months later
#2969 4 years ago

When lit, the spinner doesn’t add the points till it’s done spinning.

#2971 4 years ago

Nail the lit spinner good while that upper saucer flashes so you can lock the ball and then watch how it works.

#2973 4 years ago

Now remove the upper left gate to give yourself a skill shot of sorts and make the game much, much harder!

6 months later
#3291 4 years ago

I believe that’s for your “Fire” and “Power” flashers.

5 months later
#3667 3 years ago

“Can’t wait to actually play the game. I’ve always heard good things about it.“

Never played Firepower? One of the best if not thee best pure in your face games of pinball one can play. If it had double or triple scoring while 2 or 3 balls were on the playfield (like Black Knight) it would be a perfectly designed game as far as I’m concerned.

#3669 3 years ago

I don’t have much time on Blackout but I believe you’ll find Firepower to be the fastest. I have mine set on 3 balls and the hardest settings (00 on most per the instruction sheet). I also have removed the left upper rebound gate which has really made the game harder. It has made a plunger skill shot of sorts where if plunged too hard, the ball goes sdtm and because it goes thru the spinner, it scores so that particular ball is counted. Love me some Fie yur pow whir!!!

#3672 3 years ago

Awesome! I would think 7 digit score displays are necessary too then? When in 2x or 3x scoring, does the game indicate that somehow?

#3674 3 years ago

Ok so I’m in for this. Who can I pay to do this for me? I have a tendency to screw things up just by looking at a pin and THINKING about modding it. I’m in CT, I’ll drive the game up to 4 hours one way to get it done!

#3690 3 years ago

I think I’m liking these! So I buy a solid color bumper cap of my liking and stick these on? I can do that!

#3694 3 years ago

Yes absolutely, transparent red

#3698 3 years ago

AirWolfNH what caps are you going to use and from where?

#3704 3 years ago

metal-mods I was thinking about the led rings. You think clear caps would be too bright and not show off the decals?

#3710 3 years ago

I’d love to see those led’s rotating somehow! I see on Pinball Life’s site that those rings require a 555 socket. I have bayonets in my pops I believe.

#3712 3 years ago

Oh no, you don’t understand. You see, all I have to do is THINK about modding a machine and the game goes haywire. I’ll leave the sockets as is, they’re working just fine. But I love the look of those rings. I’ll wait if you’ve got something in the works for rotating...

#3714 3 years ago

I will look into that

2 months later
#3763 3 years ago

Mission 213 accomplished!

3 months later
#3908 3 years ago

Never knew this was available! Wish I could understand German

2 years later
#4341 1 year ago

From here, I think the reproduction is better.

1 month later
#4389 11 months ago

What? That’s not normal at all. Only one letter should lite up at a time.

#4403 11 months ago

Pyrotech does your lane change work?

7 months later
#4569 3 months ago

Can I ask for some help on my Firepower please? It’s been pretty much trouble free for years. Tonight? Not so much. My first ball I got to 5X multiplier, the ball drained and it counted up the bonus and then shot the ball over to the plunger for ball 2. Ball 2 drained and that was it. No bonus count, no ball shooting to the plunger, nothing. I pushed and prodded on the connectors and boards (original Williams boards) in the backbox for a bit, like everyone who shouldn’t own a pinball machine would do. The game locked up with the displays going blank. I shut it off and turned it back on. Went into solenoid test and realized none were working. Changed the 2.5 amp solenoid fuse and the game is good again EXCEPT the right slingshot immediately locks on. This is upon machine turn on, not game start. When I unplug the special solenoid connector from the driver board (left side 2nd connector down), it does not lock on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#4571 3 months ago

Thank you for your help. I’ve read that. A few times. With the coil locking up at turn on, would that eliminate the coil’s cap/resistor as the culprit?

#4573 3 months ago

Than you much. I’ll get back at it tomorrow for a bit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Tools
Pincoder Store

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Xtraball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club?tu=Xtraball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.